Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What am i doing wrong?!

All right, I've been PvPing as an Agent, Mimic Profession Doctor, Mimic Profession Trader, and Assume Profession Enforcer for... like 3 months. That's plenty of practice. I've found that every one of the mimic or assume professions are not reliable for one reason or another, though I found mimic trader to be the post possible choice. I have spent days in MMD, in 2ho, in Camelot, in both omni and clan arenas, and am now spending time in WTF.... I believe I have done my fair share of practicing. About the ganking bit, I have found this: Even with our 100% concentration (3 crits) and 22% concentration and then an Aimshot due to the added rifle and aimshot skills, that still wont kill anyone, even if you catch them off gaurd... On day I can kill a fixer in GA4, next day I can't kill one in GA1... I've also found that Agents do not have constant PvP abilities, even if you are doing the same tactics... Now, I forget where I was. That horse****ing jankkar still has my mind going in 3000 different directions... Hold. Hmm, I'm sure you are all thinking "Hah, Metallica tired to gank me and I killed him" and that gimp and this **** and that ****, so **** you in advance to your waisting your time to typing it. I'm at the point where I have tried just about everything to show some PvP improvment, but I can't seem to find it; I have tired everything in every place that I can think of. I use the caterwaul for aimshot, then switch over to the longshot (longshot has 0 sec equip, caterwaul has like a 1 sec equip) for higher regular damage and crit buffs, then by the time that has happened aimshot is back up and I go back to caterwaul for aimshot and repeat the process... You know what? I have no clue where I'm going with this. As me a PvP question or for help ingame and I could help a lot, but this, this is crap I can't sit down and write some paper on what I'm not good at so I'll stop... Good night and merry christmas to all but Jankkar, and Abid, I still REALLY want that ql220 rifle cluster.
    Rookie James Metallica86 Hetfield: Level 193 - Agent (Grandmaster Assasin) (Now with Map Upgrade - Side!!!).
    Misterquick: Level 47 fiXXXer - 0% effective $150 mil. twink - Applicant of Obsidian Order

Sell me your QL220 clusters!

Metallica86 - Now building your ql 200 implants.

Proud owner of Anarchy Online: The Notum Wars... WAIT A SEC! Nothing is different!

The key for agents is to know when, and when not to attack, and that you can learn by some practice, then again, you might never learn.
    If getting the right timing, you can kill anyone, then again, a wrong step, and youre toast

Pvping with an agent is like walking a slack line over a 1000`drop in a hurricane, spectacular if u make it, terminal if you dont.
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

When I started to PvP, I went to 2ho once and I saw 2 omni. One Soldiers and Hermy(agent). They were waiting for clanners to come and fight. After awhile, we saw a fixer and the soldier started to duel him while hermy stayed in sneak mode. The sol and the fixer started to duke it out and the after a minute they were getting low on HP, fixer at 50% and the sol at 30%. He was gonna lose and I was wondering what Hermy was doing.. why wasnt he helping..? As soon as the fixer HP went lower than 50% he dropped dead in 2seconds. Then I saw little hermy next to the corpse. The soldier was still alive and the fixer was dead. I was impressed at how an agent could be so deadly and so unpredictable.

I never found weapon-swapping to by any good, as an agent. You don't really last long enough to spend any time (no matter how short) on switching weapons out. But then again, that's just mho. Other agents might find weapon-swapping an incredibly useful and game-winning tactic. It's all about what works for you.

Same with mimicing, I haven't been pvping for that long.. two or three months maybe, but I've never found mimic to be much of a help. Sure, mp:trader has its uses, as does mp:doc - but they have too many downfalls for my taste.. so I just stick with agent most of the time, and that works for me. Other agents swear by mimic *shrug*

I have to agree with Hermy, though.. agents are all about timing and knowing who/when to attack - and who/when not to attack. And there really isn't a better profession for ganking =P

You just need to find what works for you and stop attacking everybody randomly.. almost all other professions can outlast you in a direct confrontation, so practice patience. Helps.

Nyderach, you are right about some Agents not likeing weapon switching. But: I have been in two duels today, one against a Doctor, and one against an MA (Okay, they ARE gimped more than I am now) Both fights I would enter sneak, move to other side of arena and start from there... Aimshot, root, switch weapon, 100% crit, 22% crit, switch weapon, and do it over again without the crit buffs, and a few more roots.... It proved quite effective as they didn't know wher I was coming from to start with, and my moving to the other side of the arena I was out of the doctor's nano range, so he couldn't cast debuffs and DoTs on me right away.... The MA was easy after my aimshot and crit buff, didn't even have to switch back to my caterwaul for a second aimshot... The doctor was harder, and I lost the duel simply because of 40% damage vs. his 100% CH. Though, if it was not for this 100% healing, I would have won because I did a lot of damage very quickly, and I think that is the only way to beat a doctor, aside from running them out of nano with a high nano resist (so they keep trying to debuff you) or by draining/nano shutting them down. Back to my topic, It takes one second max to switch to the Longshot from the Caterwaul, and two seconds max to switch to the Caterwaul from the Longshot. Thats what, 3-4 seconds max of switching... That is fairly fast... Anyway, my thoughts are gone now so I'll stop. OH! One more thing, Nyderach is right about something else, staying agent... I think that is more or less the best choice, and that goes along with what Hermy said about the "key for agents is to know when, and when not to attack", Or atleast it does in my mind.
    Rookie James Metallica86 Hetfield: Level 193 - Agent (Grandmaster Assasin) (Now with Map Upgrade - Side!!!).
    Misterquick: Level 47 fiXXXer - 0% effective $150 mil. twink - Applicant of Obsidian Order

Proud owner of Anarchy Online: The Notum Wars... WAIT A SEC! Nothing is different!

Someone sell me a shingin shotgun cluster...

Deezlar i didn't mean to sound so dismissive. Truth is it's nice to be able to fight in an even one on one match - as a trader i fight a lot of people without roots or drains... course, being a trader, fighting people with all my tools resembles um, cheating..... So don't feel bad if you're looking for a fair fight and don't win. If you're an agent, look for an unfair fight, be careful, and THEN you'll kick some ass.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Yes, sell the man his ql 220 shining shotgun cluster

"Truth is it's nice to be able to fight in an even one on one match "

speaking of fair fights just the other day i had a duel with Nothinman. It was even fight till he got me down to really low hp, i got a good AS on him and he had like... 100 hp left, then he bursted me, which killed me, and he died off my reflect shield. THAT was neat! Dying at exactly the same time was funny!

what you need is more cheats!

go grab a gridspeed, hot, essence, RRFE, and THEN go look for a fight

i think people mis understood my original post a bit... Ive been told a few times "dont expect to get good in one day". well I dont... I said that pvped for 16 hours straight as a reference to the crap day ive had.. Ive actually been pvping for about 4 months. Ive had freshman 3 times and subsequently lost it very shortly after each time...

But thanks for all the info guys...
    Kepp it up =) I love all your opinions

Originally posted by calvara
    what you need is more cheats!

go grab a gridspeed, hot, essence, RRFE, and THEN go look for a fight
    Hehe, I dont even to to the toilet without that and more :P
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Grr :waves good bye to his freshmen title:

Originally posted by Metallica86
    Grr :waves good bye to his freshmen title:
    dangit.. i wanted to get some points off you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12