Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What am i doing wrong?!

What am i doing wrong?!

I am a 182 agent trying to get along in the world of pvp.

basically im ****e!

12 hours today I pvp'd....

16 deaths, 1 win

Not good stats is it?

My tactics :

Mimic Trader, either root or drain to statr and follow with another drain or heal depending on who im fighting. start at 75% for nano speed then drop to around 40-50%.

Never really got past this point as im usually dead

Mimic enf:

Pre mongo, Rage, Challenger, Mongo Crit....
    again never really seen past this point.

What can i be doing wrong? My equipment isnt uber but its by no meansbad.. I have about 5k hp, 8.6k with enf,900 evades, 650 NR I use a caterwaul for the AS recharge...

your problem is, you wont get good in just one day, practice practice pratice all the time, but i must say 16 hrs sound alot. if the thing you did dident work i suggest try something else.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Fight more engis!
    Rosbif Advocate for the enslavement of Octodogs as an alternative form of energy.

Originally posted by Rosbif
    Fight more engis!
    Psh. Fight more MA's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

Use roots more often and use the MAX possible range you can.

You almost killed that Faisgrandmal guy didnt you?

You made your 1st mistake in charicter creation.

Go back and chose Doctor//Trader//Enforcer then you should fair alittle bit better.

Agents arent that great at 1vs1 duals but in mass pvp they can be a feared weapon.
    If you get 3 agents standing next to each other with there fingers on that 100% crit button it can be nasty.

Originally posted by Rosbif
    Fight more engis!
    Lol =) Second time was VERY close though and your bot did eat me after! Thanks for the duels

After posting this message i went to omni ent arena and managed to win a few fights which cheered me up considerably.

Mimic trader and full def is the way to go and as soon as I get my Gift of the old gargatula, Mimic doc =)

Cheers for effort, but dont shoot lone 197 traders on the way to the grid in mmd eh?
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

I was bored Abid =) I never thought for one moment that I would win...

was just hoping to liven things up a bit

When you FP doc make sure you do a do a bit of research, some init debuffs break on the first hit while others don't.
    Rosbif Advocate for the enslavement of Octodogs as an alternative form of energy.

If you're playing the mmd waiting game (why am i writing this?) target your, um target, and then put a building between you and him before starting anything. (i've found the roof of the row of buildings across from the grid term to be a great place to wait as long as i dont fall in that tiny little trap of a room - then its just funny). As a trader you can decimate whole teams by playing ring around the rosey and only allowing one or two people to have you selected for the first few seconds. I can only guess what the nano recharge is for an agent in mimic trader but if possible hit em with a divest while out of their line of sight and then maybe run around a bit till you can use your crit nano and do some serious damage.

Remember the tree's by the grid in 2h0? Used to be a death trap if you could manuever the branches to keep anyone from tabing you (they gotta be suckers and not run away though).

Ah yes, the old Fopus maneuver in MMD. Got killed so many times because of this. Unless you got auto attack on you are so screwed when this happens.

Put in a nf range increaser and root.. and root some more.

Helps to avoid direct 1v1 against most professions, too. Stick to ganking.

fought an agent yesterday, killed him fairly easy the first time so he asked for a rematch....shure i said.
    shortly after /me chickengrids
    he went FP soldier and used a shield, my ql200MCS hardly scratched him.

maybe this could be a hint to what to do?
    dunno much about PvP other than its hellafun!

The LOS bug in MMD should beconsidered as an exploit and a bannable offence so i wont use it... I got ganked that way many times and have had the oppurtunity to use it alos......

Never!

Using a technique that stops people from tabbing you and giving you invulnerability in pvp is cheating full stop....

Just my views =)

Ok i figured it out then.

What you're doing wrong in pvp is coming at the whole process with a conscience. Chill a bit, don't worry bout dying, and do any/everything you can to kill people. Then you'll start winning.

PVP = mind + experience + luck

attacking my fixer in mmd wont help too deezlar

start with proff yu can kill easyer than me (doesnt mean yu cant tho)

LOL, dude, 16 hours of pvp and you think you should get more than one kill against people that have been pvping for over a year ?

seriously, nobody can tell you what to do to make you good. all they can do is tell you what works for them. you have to play the game, and learn what does and doesn't work for you. just because neophyte so-and-so does it, does not mean you will be able to do it also.

oh, btw, it took me over 6 months to get apprentice title. i got rookie and lost it at least 10 times, once even lost freshman too. that is how long it took me to get to the point where i was comfortable in pvp zone. doesn't mean i'm good, it just means i know what does and doesn't work for me, and don't waste precious seconds going trough wasted motions.

Yup, abid is right. Ganking is VERY good for agents. Hehe, of course the last agent that tried to gank me in the arena after winning a fight with an enforcer promptly got eaten by my pet before I even knew what was going on.

My MA got ganked by erinsuin a while back (she was like level 179 and I was level 88), yet she must REALLY suck, seeing as it took her nearly two minutes to do a gray lowbie in. Sometimes I think the only reason she won was because I couldn't find her to tab her lol (still waiting for a rematch).

Just be careful who you gank. By all means my MP should have been killable, but that person was a bit too low and I have a bit more hp and evades than you'd ever expect from a nanomage mp

Stick mostly to people lower level than you and stay away from traders and 17 foot tall enforcers or ga4 wearing fixers.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast