Thread: Pioneer of Jobe Cloak and Notum Saturated Metaplast Armor

Pioneer of Jobe Cloak and Notum Saturated Metaplast Armor

I think the Pioneer cloak should be made available to MPs as well as NTs as they both supposedly found the city of Jobe in SL. And as for the Metaplast, why not make this available to everyone, or at least Nanomage.

My two pence worth!

Sapphoria

There are these buildings called factories. In some of these factories they make womens underwear.
    Men and women work in these factories.
    Is their product meant for women? yes.
    Is their product meant for men? no. (excluding crossdressers :-)

It's called NT love, deal with it and wait for MP specific items. I'm sure you'll get them.
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

Originally posted by Laisak
    It's called NT love, deal with it and wait for MP specific items. I'm sure you'll get them.
    Im sure they have them already, and alot better then our NT specific items.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Personally I'm sick of all the nanomage items, never mind the specific classes. I'm a doc, so pyschic, intelligence and nano skill increases would be great for me. I'm a solitus. So no Shades for me, no Professor Jones vest, but the biggest kick is the fact that our doc only armor is nanomage only! WTF?!

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=165169

And thats the only doc only armor that can be found. I wish for once that us solitus docs could get something worthwhile.

You do. It's called "hitpoints."

You should've figured out when you made your char that docs would be heavy casters.... thus maybe picked the heavy caster breed. I've started a nano doc, and while the nano is nice, the major lack of armor (try twinking into any kind of cyber/nano armor. Not easy) and hitpoints makes it very frustrating.

I suppose you'll find some creative flame to come back at me with.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

FYI Intenseheat, for a nanomage, it's not a problem getting into very nice Cyber/Biomech/Nano armor beyond a certain lvl. You will need some good and some uber items though, but if you set your mind to it, or borrow these from a guildie ....

Shades (+30 Int/Psy)
    VT Egg x2 (+30 Int/Psy)
    O.E.T. Co. Jess ql 100 (+20 Int/Psy)
    Second-Hand Old English Trading Co. ql 1 (+5 Int)

Also, if you happen to be an MP:
    Odin's Missing Eye = +40 Int/Psy

Total buffs:
    Int: + 125
    Psy:+ 120

So you see, even for a non-MP nanomage, it's theoretically not too hard at all to use decent Int/Psy/Sta armor, as Sta is fairly easy to raise, implant and buff. Above a certain level, of course, I'm obviously not talking about low lvl twinks
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Don't get too excited of Notum Saturated Metaplast Armor, FC "balances" the Uber items by making them so rare that only ultra-rich long-time players can afford it (those that piled up VT Eggs while you could still make them of QL 10 SFs or stacked up on FAs and LLTS to make a living).

The Notum Saturated Sheets drop about as often as NS2 and I haven't seen any in a QL of above 100, so it's yet another useless stuff. If you see a lvl 50 NT running around in a piece of NSM, you can bet he's an alt of an Uber-char.

What a wonderful and balanced game AO becomes with every new patch ...
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Notum saturated metaplast is only availible as bossloot.. and as of yet only lower than ql70. So noone ever use it.

/me wishes for a full ql200 set

Tzor:

Notum Saturated Metaplast armor does not drop as boss loot, at least not according to all known observations I've heard about. The parts have to be made in the same way as Carbonum Armor, from special Notum Saturated Metaplast Shell that drop from Diglets/Shovelets etc.

The sad part about this, is the fact these mobs dont exist higher than about lvl 80-90 :/
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Ah ok scooplets etc it was. But still not much since highest you can find is ql70ish.. +2 nanoskills is not much.
    Could be usefull if you are in a pinch to cast buffs though

Cloak never been found or even known to be ingame.

Notum metaplast armor only exist at low ql and is rare drop at that.

I think the Pioneer cloak should be made available to MPs as well as NTs as they both supposedly found the city of Jobe in SL. And as for the Metaplast, why not make this available to everyone, or at least Nanomage.
    FC originally wrote that only NT found the city of Jobe, MPs were added there later on...there used to be lenghtly discussions about this issue. And what I can gather FC did not give us a straight answer.

Metaplast is only NT armor currently and drops very rarely and at low quality. MPs at least have their own armor and dropping as well. Why should everything that NTs get go for MPs as well? You have to keep in mind that NTs can only buff our nanos skills by 20...hardly a problem for MPs.