Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Fix To PVP Damage in my mind..

With full damage battles would be too short. As things stand now, to kill somebody in a tower war or at camelot, you have to work at it. Press Q 123, reload next isn't any fun.

As to the LLTS, with 1/2 crit those were nerfed, the newer scopes add more AS which for many of us is more useful.

Fact is with 100% damage, you would have docs with maxed AS skill doing one shot kills on agents, fixers, nts, etc, and can you imagine the howl that would cause?

Bring back "full crits"?

No. Let me explain. With new rules, your effectiveness in combat depends on attack rating and specials, and not as much on crit or die weapons (missile raid, nova flow, hgb). You have to whittle your oponent down and know when to fire the special off in between heals.

The new system requires more work to get a kill, and lots more time molding your character to the battlefield.

Heals. Keep them in there. 100%. My doc dies on the battlefield when 2 or more people isolate me and pin me down. One on one he's kinda tough. So what, I don't dual the doc, I just fight side battles. Keeping people alive longer makes fights last longer, and makes the battles more challenging. Halving heals would only serve to cause quicker deaths and make for a different playfield experience and classes that are based on having heals like adventurers and MAs would be gimped even further.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Nah, I say give MA's some kind of PvP _ONLY_ buff that enhances their crit chance, I got a MA lvl 160 down to 50% at lvl 140 (without my pet, it was stuck behind an dirt molecule) before I died, I was at around 35% after the dimach/shen/brawl, and that tells me me something, atm, MA's have it BAD at PvP, I would say taht even worse than engies heh..... NOT
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Originally posted by Sjoko

No but it's cool to kill someone in 1 second
    F.a. 10k whoops did I do that ?
    I'd actually wouldn't mind this all much, if the damn REZ SHOCK would be minimized to 1 minute/30 seconds (same with your items), if not removed completely. As its now full damage would kill pvp totally, as soon no-one want to pvp for 5 secs, and rez for another 10 mins after.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

I love hearing docs support 100% heals in PvP by claiming that the strategy and tactics involved with "whittling someone down" makes the game more "strategic". There may be something to that, but doctors, be honest, what you primarily are in tower wars are practically unkillable UBT/W&R dealers. Good for docs, and I'm not suggesting any changes to the profession, but let's be honest.

Another thing that's funny is a doc claiming it takes "2" people to take them down. Unless a doc gets debuffed or totally taken by surprise, it takes a SMALL ARMY of people to take a doc down quickly. I have seen this with my own eyes over and over. Again, good for docs. But again, let's be honest.

On the other hand...

There should be some balancing of heals and damage in PvP. It's totally lopsided. Professions that have even some healing have an unbalanced position against those who have none. Either give everyone some healing or balance it FC. This could be done by either nerfing heals or unnerfing damage. What I'd really like to see is a low % chance of crit (like it is now) with uncapped damage. On the low % chance that you crit someone, it should do uncapped damage. This uncapped damage would NOT apply to the agent "Concentration" line, but would apply to the agent "Trueshot" line and the long MA self only crit buffs. This would be a meaningful, balanced boost to some professions (MAs in particular) and not a nerf to anyone, but would balance the heal/damage imbalance in PvP a little.

Re: A Fix To PVP Damage in my mind..

Originally posted by Jerrak
    I have an idea, dont know how good it will be, but its a start.

Everyone knows that you have half crits and half damage in pvp, and some people are mad that you have full heals.

After talking with a few RL friends, who know what they are talking about, with the half damage, should also come half damage shield damage, half reflect, half drains, half of everything.

But, what if, instead of trying to balance everything out at half, just set the damage back to being full, crits full, and instead of keeping player hp the same Double Player Hit-Points.

Anyone catch my drift? or did anyone catch it, and notice it was stupid, and have a constuctive response to this?
    Double player hp's would mean all HoT's get doubled, CH goes to 20001 heal, all DoT's would need doubling....

Sounds like... A mess.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

sounds like fun
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Originally posted by Sanskrit
    I love hearing docs support 100% heals in PvP by claiming that the strategy and tactics involved with "whittling someone down" makes the game more "strategic". There may be something to that, but doctors, be honest, what you primarily are in tower wars are practically unkillable UBT/W&R dealers. Good for docs, and I'm not suggesting any changes to the profession, but let's be honest.

Another thing that's funny is a doc claiming it takes "2" people to take them down. Unless a doc gets debuffed or totally taken by surprise, it takes a SMALL ARMY of people to take a doc down quickly. I have seen this with my own eyes over and over. Again, good for docs. But again, let's be honest.

On the other hand...

There should be some balancing of heals and damage in PvP. It's totally lopsided. Professions that have even some healing have an unbalanced position against those who have none. Either give everyone some healing or balance it FC. This could be done by either nerfing heals or unnerfing damage. What I'd really like to see is a low % chance of crit (like it is now) with uncapped damage. On the low % chance that you crit someone, it should do uncapped damage. This uncapped damage would NOT apply to the agent "Concentration" line, but would apply to the agent "Trueshot" line and the long MA self only crit buffs. This would be a meaningful, balanced boost to some professions (MAs in particular) and not a nerf to anyone, but would balance the heal/damage imbalance in PvP a little.
    You gotta remember that all docs aren't good pvpers. Some docs are near impossible to take down. But they do go down, just takes longer. Although my doc has been downed in 4 hits from queen blade enforcer,

Keep in mind I"m arguing here from tower war standpoint, not duals.

As to uncapped damage, that just doesn't hold. So what you are saying that anyone with less than 10K hp has to die in one shot?

Spend 15 minutes assembling team together, then flying off to say remote area of Perpetual Wastelands, another 10 minutes and then the doc with AS skill of 600 with TTS kills you in one shot? Don't even let you get a shot off or chance to run?

That would turn tower wars into gank wars.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Well a crit "uncap" is not a hard and fast solution, not talking about anything other than crits (not AS for example), and maybe even a second roll, first the crit roll and then another roll to determine if the damage will be capped, something like 10% chance on top of the crit for an uncapped crit. I wouldn't mind dying like this from time to time if I knew what goes around comes around. It would ****e up the game some, IMO. Would probably not lead to people quitting over one shot kills. Also, was never talking about duels; have seen docs take hits from an army of opponents and last for 30 seconds or more. If you have 10 people firing on you in this game you should be dead very very quickly no matter what and as it is now this is not the case.

Originally posted by Insida
    Its just no fun to place a foot in a pvp zone and die in 5 seconds. Thats boring. Theres no skills required at all in this.
    bout as much skill needed as pushing evac button when ur about to die
    Infamine 200 soljah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12