Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Fix To PVP Damage in my mind..

A Fix To PVP Damage in my mind..

I have an idea, dont know how good it will be, but its a start.

Everyone knows that you have half crits and half damage in pvp, and some people are mad that you have full heals.

After talking with a few RL friends, who know what they are talking about, with the half damage, should also come half damage shield damage, half reflect, half drains, half of everything.

But, what if, instead of trying to balance everything out at half, just set the damage back to being full, crits full, and instead of keeping player hp the same Double Player Hit-Points.

Anyone catch my drift? or did anyone catch it, and notice it was stupid, and have a constuctive response to this?

no thanks
    id rather them put uvc back into effect with all profs
    make 15% scopes return
    and un nerf this game
    whiners have wrecked this game far too long

i see where you're going.. If everything is at half.. why not just make everything full? Who needs long drug-out battles? Not I. As for double-hp.. I dunno. That can hurt for dmg dealing vs. nano pool or something like that. I just think PvP oughtta be like PvM. Full scope. Full crit. Mass death.

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    i see where you're going.. If everything is at half.. why not just make everything full? Who needs long drug-out battles? Not I. As for double-hp.. I dunno. That can hurt for dmg dealing vs. nano pool or something like that. I just think PvP oughtta be like PvM. Full scope. Full crit. Mass death.
    Only problem with this is that they can't do that now. With the implementation of godly weapons (EQB/QB namely) we're talking about 4000 damage a hit in PvP - or more or less always 40% per hit on most any profession. (Agents would be overkill as well, being that their 100% crit nano allows them to get an AS and 2-3 normal hits, all at 40% damage, and if you can't cast CH, then you're toast.)

I don't mind the half damage much, but the crit nerf was going a bit overbored - and now melee profs (advs / engies / mas) are going to be losing LLTS soon (-40914714 to Phys/Melee init).

It's rather funny - they nerfed UVC.. and suddenly it took too long to kill people. Nerf bracers! Suddenly it's too fast... Nerf crits!... and suddenly they put in weapons that are much better than an ithaca with UVC was. I really just don't get Funcom's logic here.

Oh, if you want my opinion ao was better back in the days when bracers were normal, damage was just 50%, crits wern't nerfed. And whatnot. UVC was kind of going overbored, but I think that MoP should add 10-14% crit instead of just 7% - it really isn't worth 48 NCU for some classes.

~Chris

Well the crit back at full is nice and lovely for all the people that have were around/have 200-400 mill for a 15% scope. For all the people who never had a chance to get one..they would be perma nerfed. It was bad enuff getting tagged in 15 seconds by a shotty user with a huge crit rate. Point is, the item is nolonger in game drop and not practically obtainable by any new customers. So yes...I can see why you old schoolers want full crit back =)
    Atre

No, the nerf was simply stupid. LLTS never cost that much either. I can also assure you that there are enough LLTS for the 160+ crowd for at least another crowd - there are at least a few thousands Ql 150+ LLTS hanging around in people's inventories.

~Chris

Ther is no problem to gett a LLTS.
    i had 2 low ql LLTS that i missiond back befor they removed them, i gaw one to a freind and cept one. right now i have 3 LLTS. one 13%, one 6% and one 3%.

so its not hard to gett the LLTS if you realy want to gett them.
    so the LLTS nerf was st00pid if you ask me.... but who did...
    w00p w00p!!

missing the point...

The item no longer drops in game. You are at the sole discretion of someone selling or giving it to you. And not everyone has 100+ mill to buy a 10% or better if one is sold. How is that easy to get? It would be different if it was a regular shop item and it sold for 100 million, but that's my point, it is not a dropping or "Live" item any longer. So the people who would support this item would primarily be those who have or have access to a high % scope. hence FC's design change to put emphasis on high min dmg weapons in the game, less reliance on crit. This change has given the newer accounts a longer lifespan in PvP. That is the big picture. And we all know there is a BIG difference between 9% and 15% crit rate, otherwise people wouldn't be paying 150 million creds for the scope.
    Atre

Crit nerf is good for everyone but MA and Agent with the new weapons like manex, QB, Hellspinner, Nophex and such. Profession like doctor and NT are supposed to suck with weapons because they have tools to work around it. The way it was, a doctor could keep his ****ty Attack rating and just use a 15% scope+crit buff and do damage like an enforcer while keeping his healing power. That is not good. Bracer nerf was also bad because damage was increased in a way. Healing should stay the same way but maybe nerfing all the offensive stuff would be good, but need some testing. Half the effect of debuff is very good.

Originally posted by Megabio

(Agents would be overkill as well, being that their 100% crit nano allows them to get an AS and 2-3 normal hits, all at 40% damage, and if you can't cast CH, then you're toast.)
    Agent should kill people fast, thats the idea. Deal uber fast damage for a few seconds and hope they die before they can strike back at your low hp.

And all this talk about not every one has 100 mil to get a crit scope, and that they have an unfair advantage...well if you spend that much money, then you should have and unfair advantage.

Sure its no fun to be killed in under 10 seconds, but as long as it doesnt always happen (poor engies) there is no problem. Its no fun if everyone can kill everyone else.
    Stromm - Stop it with the PvP damage nerf whining. AO doesn't need the Geneva Convention.

<3 <3 <3, fap?

-100% damage.
    -40% hp cap.
    -Critical hits returned to full.
    -100% heals.
    -bracers stay the way they used to be.
    -Add more reflect items.

Or..

-Make all defensive buffs - rrfe,ess, doc hp, absorb, HoT, etc...self-only.
    -Restore bracers to what they used to be.
    -Restore critical chance.
    -Add more reflect items.

About the first proposition:

Dueling probably wouldn't exist anymore, but hey, it's already had its head cut off after NW might as well slit the legs out too right?

Blah blah. 10k aimed shots, 10k full autos, unfair unfair!

Nope. Work hard, get bracers, snag rrfe and hp buffs and you'll half that damage. Problem'll take care of it self if FC doesn't appease the folks who just want **** handed to em on a silver platter. There's so many ways to reduce damage in this game, honestly 100% damage was only 'ridiculous' in the days when the high lvl buffs weren't so popular and there weren't as many new items around..

About the second proposition:

Hands down, a good solution. This way, the 'good pvpers' and 'good players' could be more easily identified through their own profession's skill and inclination to gather items rather than through getting every outside buff in the game.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Its just no fun to place a foot in a pvp zone and die in 5 seconds. Thats boring. Theres no skills required at all in this.

i want my size to be halved when in a pvp area
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

i say start dropping the llts again and then we will all be happy campers or atleast make the vs ones comparable

like whats this **** with the increase of perception needed to equip those peices of horse crap while ppl with llts have not gotten screwed
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Originally posted by Insida
    Its just no fun to place a foot in a pvp zone and die in 5 seconds. Thats boring. Theres no skills required at all in this.
    No but it's cool to kill someone in 1 second
    F.a. 10k whoops did I do that ?
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

bring back bracers... and full dmg :P
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Originally posted by Stromm

Or..

-Make all defensive buffs - rrfe,ess, doc hp, absorb, HoT, etc...self-only.
    -Restore bracers to what they used to be.
    -Restore critical chance.
    -Add more reflect items.

If all the goodie buffs were self only, why would MAs care to give Mop to any1?
    I know I wouldnt cast MoP anymore if that happend.
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Originally posted by Megabio
    there are at least a few thousands Ql 150+ LLTS hanging around in people's inventories.

~Chris
    BULL****

im with sanskrit

BULL

if someone was holding a bunch when they removed those got spread out through the hundreds of old schoolers alts and there buddies and now the market is kinda slim picking and only high rollers can get one
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast