Thread: idea for Tir grid

idea for Tir grid

I posted this over in the World of Rub-Ka, but it probably belongs here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was brainstorming the other day and thought of this idea. How about they add a second grid to Tir. Have one near a save/bank/reclaim (let's call it HighTir for this post) and the second near none of these (LowTir). HighTir could have higher complit reqs, and LowTir would have the standard ones as they are now..

My thought behind this is, anyone just passing through the grid, from or to Tir, will use LowTir. There shouldn't be a crowd next to it.

High level players could still congregate around HighTir and muck it up, but everyone would have an alternate route to use instead of entering the more laggy area around HighTir..

I don't think there would be huge gatherings around LowTir if it was placed correctly..

Both locations should be away from regular traffic.. SG can't even be used now or you risk crashing to the desktop forever or until an ARK can grab you and warp you away during login..

Just an idea anyway..

Angry Fix Tir grid. NOW!!!!!!

I think That Funcom has moved the grid to get players to stop complaining about the lag in Tir by showing them how much worst it can be. I was bother by the lag just like anybody else and saw pings of 5K and more. But at least you never got kick out of the game. It has taken up to 10 minutes to be able to log back in. This new crowd control system is stupid. If you were only warped away at least you could aviod the area. But no you are kicked out of the game and if you try to log back you cannot because you character is still in the over crowded zone. This is crazy, what is the world was Funcom thinking?

MOVE THE GRID BACK WHERE IT WAS NOW! STOP KICKING ME OUT OF THE GAME OR I WILL DO WHAT YOU SEEM TO WANT ME TO DO AND QUIT!

Is that clear enough ?
    Asal
    Doctor
    Appartment 5 Tir
    Proud member of Rubi-ka2
    http://www.guildportal.com/guildHome.asp?GuildID=1117

Having the grid on the outside of the city has to be the worst conjured up grid placement ever.

Not only do we have the hundreds of players around that whole south gate, we now have the lowbie mobs out there compounding the lag factor.

Place two grid points in Tir, one where it used to be and another in the southern part of the city near the Sup shop or something. SW corner area would be spreading out the transit system thus spreading out population lessening lag.

What you have now is asinine.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

"This new crowd control system is stupid. If you were only warped away at least you could aviod the area. But no you are kicked out of the game and if you try to log back you cannot because you character is still in the over crowded zone."
    Erm, what are you talking about?
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

They let you log back on in another area.

However they do log you OFF instead of warping you away, which logically makes a lot more sense. What is the point of that?

Anyway... I've had this idea before, but IMO it should be random. No BS hightir/lowtir stuff, just 2 grid exits that people randomly come out of. If both are inside the city, there will be people at both in a crowd (likely) if one is inside, it will be more crowded than the one outside.

Seriously, if they made "hightir" outside and "lowtir" inside, it would just mean that people w/o enough comp lit would be forced to go in the middle of a lot of laggy high levels. lol =)
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

How can you log in another area when your Character is struck in Tir which is over crowded.
    Asal
    Doctor
    Appartment 5 Tir
    Proud member of Rubi-ka2
    http://www.guildportal.com/guildHome.asp?GuildID=1117

Who said HighTir or LowTir had to either one be outside? I said they needed to be in low traffic areas. The HighTir would still be crowded and laggy. Let's face it, FC's not rewriting the game engine and a crowd gathering will still cause lag in that area. However, anyone just wanting to grid in and out and not hang around could use LowTir grid. Without a save/reclaim/bank nearby, no one would theoretically want to even hang out near the LowTir grid except maybe to meet their teammates and grid.

I wouldn't like a random location grid. I can just see me and 5 of my friends all gridding into Tir and then having to regroup because we're spread all over the city. It's nice knowing that the location you come out at is static..

Originally posted by Nikky
    They let you log back on in another area.

However they do log you OFF instead of warping you away, which logically makes a lot more sense. What is the point of that?

Anyway... I've had this idea before, but IMO it should be random. No BS hightir/lowtir stuff, just 2 grid exits that people randomly come out of. If both are inside the city, there will be people at both in a crowd (likely) if one is inside, it will be more crowded than the one outside.

Seriously, if they made "hightir" outside and "lowtir" inside, it would just mean that people w/o enough comp lit would be forced to go in the middle of a lot of laggy high levels. lol =)

Originally posted by Hodaka
    Who said HighTir or LowTir had to either one be outside? I said they needed to be in low traffic areas. The HighTir would still be crowded and laggy.
    Lowtir would be usable by everyone though... Even if these were both in "low traffic" areas, one is bound to be a little more convenient to stand by. If it happens to be lowtir... that just means we'll have a relatively unused hightir grid terminal with a high comp lit requirement for basically no reason, and the same problem for low levels remains. so why have requirements? They don't serve any purpose whatsoever.

Originally posted by Hodaka
    I wouldn't like a random location grid. I can just see me and 5 of my friends all gridding into Tir and then having to regroup because we're spread all over the city. It's nice knowing that the location you come out at is static..
    I'd hate that too because that's not at all what I meant.
    What I meant is two grid terminals in tir, one tir exit in the grid, and two static locations where the entrances are. Yes, that way, you might have friends "spread all over the city" (really in one of two locations) but it will also greatly reduce lag, and that way there will also not be a need for a second grid exit placed inside the grid.

make sense now?
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

Thus why I said that the "good stuff" should be placed near the hightir grid, making it the more convenient one for gathering. If the lowtir grid has nothing around it, it's less likely to have people hanging around near it except maybe to wait for a friend before they grid..

The complit requirements were just my idea of forcing the lower levels to use the other grid, thus ending some complaints by newbies that might not realize the other terminal exists if they are using the one surrounded by high level players.. The requirements on the higher one don't have to be outrageous, just enough that a player has to become familiar with the game before they have the opportunity to use it and thus know where the other grid point is..

Originally posted by Nikky

Lowtir would be usable by everyone though... Even if these were both in "low traffic" areas, one is bound to be a little more convenient to stand by. If it happens to be lowtir... that just means we'll have a relatively unused hightir grid terminal with a high comp lit requirement for basically no reason, and the same problem for low levels remains. so why have requirements? They don't serve any purpose whatsoever.

I'd hate that too because that's not at all what I meant.
    What I meant is two grid terminals in tir, one tir exit in the grid, and two static locations where the entrances are. Yes, that way, you might have friends "spread all over the city" (really in one of two locations) but it will also greatly reduce lag, and that way there will also not be a need for a second grid exit placed inside the grid.

make sense now?
    Last edited by Hodaka; Jan 14th, 2003 at 18:07:03.