Thread: Which GeForce 4 should i buy?

Which GeForce 4 should i buy?

I am looking for a resonable prized, silent and reliable GeForce 4. I definatily will stick with nVidea, 'cause i never had any problems with my TNT, TNT2.

I want to buy a ti4200 card, but which manufacturer?

ASUS? MSI? A-Open?

Dont buy a new GeForce 4 buy one of my new designer human hair coats! top of the line of course!!!

but if your gunna buy a GForce4 I always say to my friends...

buy the good one...

Yeah so if i were your friend, you would have said to me that i should buy a good one.

Well i don't want to make false assumtions.

So how doest one find out which is good and which is bad?

www.tomshardware.com
    They are one of the best testers on hardware. IMHO.
    They are honest, they are not biased, they do extensive test, and I have never experienced them beeing (much) wrong about products.

Search up GF4, and read some of ther results. Then look at the prices and decition should be easier

what ever you decide dont get the mx version,all it is is geforce 2 wrapped in geforce 4 clothing
    geforce 3 beats it by a long shot
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Originally posted by Mysticknight
    what ever you decide dont get the mx version,all it is is geforce 2 wrapped in geforce 4 clothing
    geforce 3 beats it by a long shot
    right. I knew that, and should have included that in my post.

Stay away from MX, and you'll be fine

Or, hold out for a couple of months until the GeForce FX comes out - nVidia's next-gen gfx card that (according to Tom's Hardware) blows the ATI cards outta da wadda...

Originally posted by Alamexis
    Or, hold out for a couple of months until the GeForce FX comes out - nVidia's next-gen gfx card that (according to Tom's Hardware) blows the ATI cards outta da wadda...
    Actually, the speed is about the same (actually a bit slower), but it has yber DX9 features.

~Chris

mega the 9700 has direct x 9 as well.. and is using in now with the RC0 drivers '

(peace out)
    Akodoreign--
    Sorry my normal account ran out today :P
    "I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love, and laughter abide, I am there in spirit" -- Written by Bill Hicks, shortly before his death, and read as part of his eulogy"

Originally posted by Udjat13
    mega the 9700 has direct x 9 as well.. and is using in now with the RC0 drivers '

(peace out)
    Akodoreign--
    Sorry my normal account ran out today :P

But it doesn't exploit it as well.. it's more like DX9 lite.

~Chris

Has anyone had a bad experiance with A-Open?

Originally posted by Jonus
    Has anyone had a bad experiance with A-Open?
    I have AOpen and it works fine.
    All GeForce 4 cards are kinda ok, MX are of course slower then the TI's.

I you get at least one of the cheapest TI's (ie. TI 4200) you'll have a good and a reasonabled priced card that plays well.

If it's AOpen, MSI, whatevah doesen't matter that much.

Good luck.
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Originally posted by Megabio

Actually, the speed is about the same (actually a bit slower), but it has yber DX9 features.

~Chris
    Well the clockspeed is slightly slower on the GPU side, the RAM is faster by leaps and bounds. Plus, the GPU has far more parallelism and functional units making it far more powerful anyway you look at it (whether DX9 or DX8). So to say it's slightly slower is misleading.

I suggest not getting the MSI Geforce4 line, it's by far the loudest and most annoying (it makes most CPU heatsink fans sound like a pin falling on a carpet).

Originally posted by Jonus
    Thanks for the help!
    What did you buy?
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!