Thread: Q:PvP, with the 1/2 crit,half damage. Good PvP weapons must be FA,AS,uber dmg. right?

Q:PvP, with the 1/2 crit,half damage. Good PvP weapons must be FA,AS,uber dmg. right?

Have a question.

At work, (bored)

Start looking at PvP, under the current system.

Current system stats.
    -half damage
    -1/2 crit chance
    -100% healing

When I started looking at weapons that can adjust for this,(ranged weapons-have never used melee) it leaves most of the weapons in the game out of the loop.

It seems that Fling and Burst took a big hit. (one exception-manex).

FLING Shoot:

Fling before the 1/2 crit implentation give u a decent chance to get a high damage shot, basically a crit. With the 1/2 crit nerf. Fling is just another normal shot. Most average weapons rely on this.

BURST shoot:

Most weapons that have burst without FA seem to do adv. damage and have a recycle rate on burst of about 30 sec.
    Because PvP is 1/2 damage, the fight usually doesnt last long enough for the sec burst. Burst is basically 3 normal shoots. So, under the current system it is reduced to 1.5 shoots in pvp.

Medium Damage Weapons with high speeds:

The current system with the 1/2 crit and 1/2 damage kills these weapons.

Low Damage Weapons with super fast speed and a very high crit:

The 1/2 crit nerf seemed to nullify all these weapons. Most of these weapons if they have a special. it will be fling or burst. This gives very little incentive to pick them because what I stated above.

============================================

So, It seems we are down to 3 types of weapons that can deal with the current pvp system: 1) mega damage 2)Aimshot and 3) FA.

MEGA DAMAGE weapons:

The current system is 100% heals, So in over to be effective you have to do more 1/2 damage then the 100% healing. If you had a weapon that does 1000 pts of damage normally, It would be 500 pts in pvp. Most weapons in the game dont do 1000 pts of damage normally. So, this leave us a hand full of weapons that are available-ie manax, OT-12, QB,...) Not that many. and most are very hard to get.

Aimshot weapons:

Aimshot has the potential of doing 10k of damage normally. So, in pvp that will equal a potential damage of 5k. This makes Aimshot a very viable choice, sense players hitpoints range from 5k-15k. Now there is the 40% heal rule. but if that every comes in to play. the opponent is already doomed.

Full Auto weapons:

Full auto weapons that have the capablity to reach 10k are mostly limited to Assault rifle class of weapons. And there are only a few in that class that have the potential to reach 10k damage. But the same rolls for Aimshot apply to Full Auto.

==============================================

Q: It seems to me that Fling, Burst in general are not the important specials to have in pvp. Is that right? Guns like Pistols, SMGs, and shotguns that have those specials are not good choices in pvp. the are exceptions like the manex. Even the uber Guns that have burst and fling are not good choices. The lvl 200 kick pistol and the Pain of Patrica are hendered here.
    Example: lets look a the Kick Pistol. ( used my states to determine damage- lvl 187 trader)
    My average damage would be 1000 pts. But in pvp it would be 500pts. My fling 90% of the time would be 500 pts in pvp. The burst normally is 3k. that would make it 1.5k in pvp. this would make it a combined special attack of 1.5k +500 = 2k on the average. Seems like the 1/2 crit and 1/2 damage really hurts Burst and fling.

Q: It seems that AO has hundereds of weapons but only a hand full can be used effectivly in PvP and with NW that is suppost to be the major addition to the game. Is that right?

Q: Burst, Fling, Crit dependand , med-damage weapons are the real losers here. Is that right?

Q: Everyone seems to look alike with only a handful of weapons that are viable. Is that right?

Q: Im I missing something here? Hundreds of weapons, but very few can be used. Maybe im not see it.

-signed Dazzed and Confused.
    Last edited by Odian102; Dec 18th, 2002 at 19:55:00.
    Omni Trader on RK2

AS like most other specials does 40% of persons total health, never 50% or 5K damage. I wish it would though
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Grupert

I stated that here:

qoute from original post: "Now there is the 40% heal rule. but if that every comes in to play. the opponent is already doomed. "

Omni Trader on RK2

Originally posted by Odian102
    Grupert

I stated that here:

qoute from original post: "Now there is the 40% heal rule. but if that every comes in to play. the opponent is already doomed. "

They never will do reduced healing. That topic has been beaten to a bloody pulp already.
    Last edited by Grupert; Dec 18th, 2002 at 23:04:49.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

whoever said AS doesnt do 5k dmg must not realize it can do that now since ppl got copious ammounts of HP

oh, kind of had some questions that needed answering in the post. thks
    Omni Trader on RK2

Originally posted by Odian102
    "Now there is the 40% heal rule. but if that every comes in to play. the opponent is already doomed. "
    Like one of two opponents is not destined for reclaim camping once they both decide to fight each other til death....

Originally posted by Grupert
    They never will do reduced healing. That topic has been beaten to a bloody pulp already.
    If there will never be reduced healing, reduced damage shouldn't exist either....
    .: Naraya :.

is my analysis right?

Oh, have a few questions at the end.

-thks
    Omni Trader on RK2

yes but you are forgetting one very underestimated attack

Sneak Attack this too has the ability to pull a 10000 hit (pvm)

in pvp it will do 40% as well

Originally posted by Naraya

If there will never be reduced healing, reduced damage shouldn't exist either....

Wrong, many of the healing profs such as Adv and MA's rely on heals as much as Soldiers rely on TMS and Traders rely on drains. If you half heals then you effectively take away their only viable form of competing in PvP, not that it is very viable at the moment in any case for Adv and MA's. If a soldier hits me with FA and Burst then you can be damn sure that I need full heals to compete for when TMS gets thrown up. Where others have nano technology that will shut down nano skills, reduce damage, reduce inits etc, as an Adv I have healing capability..and damn right too. You must also note that complete heal is a Doc's baby, we Adv have a nano that will heal us completely but it is not used in PvP often..if at all..as we would still be casting it this time next week.
    Last edited by Flood1; Dec 20th, 2002 at 08:56:29.

Madrugar

Originally posted by Vapid
    whoever said AS doesnt do 5k dmg must not realize it can do that now since ppl got copious ammounts of HP
    Hehe I did a 5344 AS on Anikiots yesterday, and belive it or not, I did a 6700 FA on Host when he had Kin of Tara running
    moon meeh

hmm...

the balance over healing v dmg is lost with the new rules of pvp. people pick weapons just for the special attacks, soldiers use weapons for the specials then switch to another weapon... pvp is not about avg dmg. if you dont have a weapon with base dmg over 600 or a weapon that does a 10k, you pretty much have no chance.