Thread: Pvp buffing/healing lv limits flawed

Post Pvp buffing/healing lv limits flawed

Fighting over at base today for fun. Here I got this lv 170 doctor which at first doesn't prove be much problem till I notice a heal pet, enforcer casting layers and someone healing. So I got target on the enforcer not within pvp range, go target the mp not within pvp range and finally go target the other healer who is also not in pvp range. Enforcer lv 145ish and mp lv 130-140ish both claimed to be in pvp limit of doctor.

If your going make pvp limit on buffing prehaps you should make a dead cut off for lv 150+. All you did was to half fix the problem with pvp limits and buffing/healing.
    Last edited by Divinecross; Dec 18th, 2002 at 15:45:31.

uhm.. i'm lost on this.. according to helpbot, lvl 170 can pvp 136-200. though i know helpbot seems to be off ocasionally..

whats the problem here? they were quite most likely to be in the pvp range of a 170.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Shadowgod:

Divinecross is level 195ish, last I knew. A level 170 is in her PvP range, and she was attacking him.

Then people who were below her level 195 PvP range, but within her target's level 170 PvP range, started helping him with heals and buffs, and she couldn't do anything at all about them due to the limits.

It's an example of how the level bracketing system is broken. Another example is one that Letah provided us in the Doctor Forum: A level 160 Clanner is attacking a level 130 Omni. A level 200 Omni doctor can attack the level 160 Clanner, but cannot heal the level 130 Omni in an attempt to save them. Even though the person attacking them is inside the level 200's PvP range.

In short, FC has yet to solve the problem of the 'untouchable helper' in PvP, be that person too-high or too-low in level. They have, however, succeeded in preventing people from healing and helping their own allies who are under attack by someone that is within the proper pvp range for fighting.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

since all this revolves around tower, perhaps PvP limiting based on the QL of the control tower would work better than limits based on individual levels.

So for QL200 tower, anyone 150+ can fight the war, and everyone outside can't do anything. QL50 tower, same. Whilst in tower area, Tower PvP limit is in place.

For QL150 tower, anyone lvl 115-200 can fight the war, so LVL200 doc can heal LVL115 enf, but also LVL200 can whack LVL115...

For QL100 tower, opent PVP range would be 76-130. Again in that lvl range players can do anything, and outside pretty much nothing.

That fixed structure would possibly work best. Any other range-modifying ideas may be flawed with the popular concept of steppers or laddering Get a team of lvl75, 95, 122, 157 members to start joining the fight and keep increasing lvl range.

Cheers,

Zarsp - RK1 doc 158

there is always going to be some sorta problem with someone being untouchable... as people always try to find a way to be unfair and try to have an "Advantage".

i do agree the current rules for towers is a bit skewed. and that the QL of the tower should dictate the pvp range in its land control area.

such as maybe... if a tower is QL 50, only people that are in a lvl 50's pvp range can attack the tower, and only those in this range are able to participate in fighting. though this may be a bit too complex for them to implement. where if its ql50, a lvl 100 couldnt go in there... if he did he'd still be considered say in 75% gas and not allowed to "touch" someone thats in 25% gas. touch meaning buff, heal, attack, etc. though, i feel this might be the most strict option.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!