Thread: Fighting adds - Intended or bug?

Fighting adds - Intended or bug?

After these latest patches I'm experiencing problems when facing multiple mobs. After killing the first one I can't attack the next one directly. I get a message saying something about "wait until the previous action has ended".

Now, this does not happen every time. Some times it works but mostly it is like this. This can be very annoying when youre in the midst of the battle and health is going down. Time is essential when fighting multiple mobs and sometimes I can just stand there for as long as 5-10 seconds before I'm able to attack the next mob, wich can be lethal in the end.

I've tried to test this a bit by not using brawl, fast attack or Flurry of blows. It may be the FOB or the specials that makes does this. I feel I should atleast be able to go in attack mode...
    If I use autoattack it works, but I'm used to not have it on, since I dont want to automaticly attack mob pets etc.

So.. Is this intended or is it a bug?

Posted this in both "Game Mechanics" and "Bugs" forums

I believe its a lag issue. The server and the client are out of synch, so you don't get to do anything till they catch up to eachother. Meanwhile, try not to die. :-)

I'm not sure if it is a lag issue, but my experience has been that if I'm getting the "wait until previous action is ended" message, the way for me to immediately initiate combat at that point is to use one of my specials on the newly-targeted mob.

Basically, if my Burst is cycled and ready, and I'm getting the wait message, I just burst the mob, and I immediately start combat with them.

I'd guess that this may be more of a bug or bit of code that needs to be tuned. It might also have to do with that fix they made so that once a mob had been killed, it would not continue to attack a few more times for free.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

2 handed weapons and duel weild

i notice with duel wielding weapons its alot longer before you can start the next attack than with 2 handed weapon.

I experience this while dualing ranged weps, if one starts reloading and the other kills the mob, i can't re-initiate combat until the bugged reload time+the time for 3 shots has passed.

This sucks.
    but it dosent explain what is happening for you, altough your symptoms sound the same
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Can't be a lag issue, cause if it was a lag issue with attacking he wouldn't be taking damage as well...

Cause lag compensation would kick in and perform the actions behind the scenes, so that when they did catch up the mob would be at health level equal to that of if he had been attacking, and his own health would drop (as he has taken several hits he hasn't seen yet).

I to get this once in a while and find two things:

Target mob and hit the combat button to drop out of combat and the re-enter combat (still a pause but shorter)

or

Use a special attack on the mob. This goes off right away and starts combat

This is slightly annoying and I don't know if it is a bug so much as the way combat is coded now.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

I've gotten this. The only way I've tried to fix this is sitting. Once I do that presto. Fixed.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Yeah annoying when in a good team where mobs last like 10- secs if u cant attack a terget for 5+ sec....

Sitting solves the prob, but with the lag we are experiencing nowodays it results in: hit x twice wait 5 sec for the animation and sit/stand up and u can attack a mob that already has less than 25% of his health .. good job on this one mate!!

It happens one to two times per mission, usually when mobs are near and u don't have to walk a lot to get to the next.

Violax.
    Jack Violax Burton - Atrox Ma 218/17 - General of Coven of Hunters
    Leveling Eq - Tanking Eq