Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new raids - can we have some ethics?

Cool The new raids - can we have some ethics?

I'm not here to rant, not here to point fingers. I'm here to suggest something. Since 14.5 we have gotten some nice raid mobs that give highlevels something to do in this game. I'm talking about mobs like Ian Warr, Notum Soldier, Special Agent Lamb - yeah even The One and The Pest.

After we made our guild a few weeks ago to mainly focus on these raids we have stumbled into a problem which is getting worse every day. And since Funcom doesn't seem to care about this I think we have to do something ourselves until Funcom wakes up.

Let me explain. Doing Peter Lee, Notum Soldier, The Pest or any of those mobs can't be compared to Daria, Nugget, Van Horn and that type of uniques. Thoe old uniques are pushovers that die in a few seconds. The new mobs are minded for multi-groups and different types of tactics and take a lot of coordination and planning to take down. And most important, they don't have a fixed spawntime for 18 hours. So if you want to do the mob, you just go there when the others leaves or do another unique (yes you need to kill some placeholders of course).

What I am comming to is that it pisses me off that certain guilds thinks its okay to come try and outdamage a guild when the guild spend all night getting e.g. the Mercenaries (Ian Warr and friends) spawned and pulled alone. Its a process that takes time and a lot of dedication from a guild. And the mobs aint easy. So its plain rude and lame to go to the mob and hit Q and try to outdamage them. If you want to have a go on the mobs yourself, gather your friends 2 hours later since the camp automatically despawns, and you have the chance yourself. Not to mention the ninjas trying to ninja the loot and jacking the 20-30 people that just spend most of their evening trying to get these mobs. I can't believe Funcom hasn't done anything about this yet. It has been a huge problem for so long in Camelot, and now its getting a problem at the raid mobs aswell.

At least most guilds has the decency to respect the work of other guilds at a raid when they are there and move on to another mob. (Storm, Renaissance, Synergy Factor etc. seems to understand and respect that), but there are also rotten eggs out there saying stuff like "people outdamage all the time at Daria" and so on. Guys, this aint Daria or Nugget. You can't do these with 1-2 people. Please have that in mind next time you see guilds or groups at raids. Are you really wanting to be a total jackass and ruining a night of 20-30 people in this way? This isn't an OT <> Clan thing, these mobs are in 75% zones - its not like you can kill the ones trying to killsteal if you want to. A lot of you might remember all the fuss about Obedience Enforcer and Tortureyou/Caol. I just wanna prevent issues like that happening again. And it can be prevented with a little decency and respect for the guilds at raids.

I have some suggestions you can think about in the future.

- If you are interested in watching a guild take down one of these mobs do it at distance. People tend to get nervous about ninjas when strangers stand too close and it also makes it harder targeting stuff for the people at the raid.

- If you hover around in a Yalmaha above the body people are getting nervous about ninjas. Move too a good distance. This also prevents you from fiddling with their aggro, as aggro on some of these mobs are quite random. :P

- Don't start attacking these mobs before clearing it with the raiding people. Even if it is with good intentions its not certain that the guild want you to. It can ruin aggro and thereby destroy the raid. It may also be that they say "go ahead". But at least ask them.

- When the mob drops be sure to be out of loot-range. It secures you from ninja-accusations, and makes the guild less nervous.

- Make screenshots of people who try to ninja.

- If you got ninja'ed stay calmed. Check your screenshot and don't accuse anyone of being a ninja before you can be sure he/she did.

- When you found out that someone ninja'ed inform their guildleader. I can't speak for other guilds but in my one things like that normally result in /org kick.

- Make lootmessages spam in 'Vincinity'. If you have a ninjaproblem, you know who did it and it would lower the amount of ninja-incidents dramaticaly, because a ninjalooter will think twice before he makes his move. Everybody will know and his rep will be ruined ... Better imo, instead of petitioning and asking a GM to solve it or at least try to solve it ...

Just some suggestions which can make these raids less a headache with people trying to jack (or doing without they know) the events for the guilds raiding these mobs.

And I still hope Funcom are going to make an anti-ninja-policy and handle the problems about nodrop loot at multigroup-mobs.

Thanks for reading, and have fun on the raids.
    Last edited by Noer; Dec 20th, 2002 at 11:05:33.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Agree fully with this, hate when you work for afew hours to get the unique you want to kill to spawn, and other come and try to KS...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Agree.

These mobs are totally different from the 18 hour greens that everyone trys to outdamage on. These mobs respawn every 20 minutes for the most part and require the killing of placeholders. If you want to kill them and get the loot, have the decency to wait a very short time and try to organize a raid yourself. Jumpin in the fight without asking and trying to outdmg/ninja is just killing you and your orgs reputation, and with towers now ingame, there is a way for pissed off orgs to retaliate.

Part of the problem is that there are not enough raid targets out there.

Funcom could fill 2-3 patches just with new raid material. . . That would rock.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

hrm, thats not really a problem yet. There have been mobs free all the time so far.

Notum Soldier, Fiery Soldier, Diamondine Soldier, Obedience Enforcer, Mercenaries, Special Agent Lamb, The One, The Pest, The Generals, Ljotur the Lunatic.

And the ones I forgot. Of course always nice with more, but the existing mobs aren't overcamped yet.

Another problem that needs to be adressed from Funcom is the way to handle nodrops dropping from multi-group mobs. It aint working well as it is now.
    Last edited by Noer; Dec 18th, 2002 at 13:32:17.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

If you are interested, AO Stratics needs some info on these mobs. Complete guides what to do to get (some of these) mobs to spawn or good tactics to take them down are always nice to have on a site

Email me at meister@stratics.com if you come up with something. (And no, i cant do that myself since i am far from doing such stuff lol).
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Part of the problem is that there are not enough raid targets out there.

Funcom could fill 2-3 patches just with new raid material. . . That would rock.
    Not the problem. Fly around the zones and you will find most of these mobs uncamped.. why? Because getting a 20-30 man raid going is not that easy, and few guilds can manage it alone.

If anything, make more mobs that can be killed by a SINGLE team or by a couple of competent high level players. This would enable many more people to enjoy the content. Not everyone likes having to do everything en masse.

Put more loot on the Mobs that take 20-30 people to kill and remove the NODROP tags. Trying to convince everyone to do raid after raid with such a low chance of getting anything is not that -+easy sometimes. lets face it, a well planned raid at one of these camps can take hours. Thats a lot of people and time involved to get one DMM for example. Then the loot gets ninjad because of the dumb nodrop tag and the time needed to determine who gets it with 30 people at the raid.

We like a clean raid, for example we went to Primus camp last night after doing Agent Lamb and Legion were busy there... so we moved on. Apart from the Lag issues we respect the work others have put into organising raids. Even though they maybe Omni scum who batter our towers at every oppertunity

new mob raids are a different matter all together to the old uniques and should be treated with respect. Totally agree with Noer.

Sumini

-=Storm=-

We really appreciate the clan orgs like Storm and SF respecting our time put in there. It's good to see mature people still play, and that off the pvp field we can all be civil sometimes
    Last edited by Kikamiro; Dec 18th, 2002 at 14:55:23.

Sorry if i caused any problem, i remember i ripped aggro after a string of crits, nearly killed myself =].

Originally posted by Jerrak
    Sorry if i caused any problem, i remember i ripped aggro after a string of crits, nearly killed myself =].
    Naah, I know you form earlier times - but another time please ask if we want help.

Noer is absolutely right.

If a group is currently working a camp just move on or stay a respectful distance away and watch.

I hate it when certain guilds, namely their members, (who will go un-mentioned) get their panties in a knot cause we decided to go for a server first. Considering that they will get their chance to do it soon enough to get upset because we have superior organizational skills and know how to conduct a raid quicker. In light of that they even attack their own guild mates for participating in helping their FRIENDS accomplish such a thing...

I think before we consider maturity, that maybe some people need to practice what they preach...
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

ehrmkaay *bump*

Big Bump. Totally agree what Noer mentioned above. I suggest everyone even copies at least the suggestions to the internal guild forums to take sure most people know how to act when joining/watching a raid.

Regards,
    J.

I almost forgotten this. Let's hope it never comes to be real but :

- Make screenshots of people who try to ninja.
    - If you got ninja'ed stay calmed. Check your screenshot and don't accuse anyone of being a ninja before you can be sure he/she did.
    - When you found out that someone ninja'ed inform their guildleader. I can't speak for other guilds but in my one things like that normally result in /org kick.

Regards,
    J.

Agreed, these uniques arent 18hour spawn time wham bam 5sec kill ;p FC needs to remove no drop tags they suck and allow for ninja opportunities ;p

I'm going to try not to step on a soapbox here, but it says something of the decency of people (or lack thereof) to be so callous as to ruin the long hours put in by a group of people over....stuff. Policing shouldn't even NEED to be necessary, yet sadly it's a sign of our times that we do this to each other.

Random spawn locations are needed, I think. Maybe 1 of 12 random spots for some of these mobs to pop or something.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

I totally agree with Noer here..

Especially with the ninja looting part. Its so lame and it could easily be solved. But Nooo Funcom thinks its fun and claims its part of the game. How can something like that be part of a game, if we cant do jack about it. If we could kill the ninja till his char is deleted and the item he ninjaed becomes lootable ok .. then I could consider it part of the game.

A simple solution to this is either remove the nodrop tag from these mobs. What is their purpose anyhow? So people wont overcamp the mobs and farm all the loot to sell? Do you really think that people farming this for the credits or other items avaible .. I think not. Another solution is that the one with the loot rights can do a /loot right <insertname> and pass the loot rights to someone else (if you want to keep the nodrop tag on items). This will easily prevent the ninja loot stuff.
    Jena Loveyou Bunke
    - lvl 200 Doctor - Unit Leader of Storm -
    Spanky Debugged Bunke
    - lvl 171Fixer - Unit Member of Storm -

Visit Storm at our website

Originally posted by TheDeacon/Xcelsius
    Random spawn locations are needed, I think. Maybe 1 of 12 random spots for some of these mobs to pop or something.
    No, that is really not needed at all. Things are as they are now pretty awesome as they is.

Bump for Noer

And: Why is i.e. Azure Nodrop? Does FC think we will run to the forum and sell them right away, messing up the economy even more? Lol
    We have 90 people in Legion, Azure has 7 parts, this meens we need 630 kills before we have noone without Azure anymore....

Not gonna happen. Remove Nodrop flag.
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast