Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How rare are PPPE's?

How rare are PPPE's?

Ok I've done 9 QL55-57 team mission (solo) since Saturday and not found one yet (come to think of it, didnt find any good loot really). Are people still finding these or does it look like either the loot tables are pooched or there has been a stealth nerf.....
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

They are very very very very very very rare. That's why they go for around 100mill.

I have blitzed more than 100 (pretty certain) ql 56-58 team missions looking for Grid Armor Mk 1, and I am still stuck without being able to lvl untill I find the PPPEs.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

same here !!!!

i think its pure random and if you don t find it easy you d better forget it and get the cash to buy it later.

I took like 120 ql 56 60 team missions and no luck

That means if you re not lucky you never find a PPPE like yalms long time ago and so on ....

I've done 25-50ish QL56 Missions and haven't found anything.

No GA1's or PPPE's. I heard they can be found in chests also. Might try doing some 1 shot kills on the mobs to bring them down.

If your clan you can easily pull missions from Athens to Bliss so your not stuck in a cave...just a suggestion.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

after 250 missions and no pppe or ga1 i bought a shape soft
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

I stayed 8 weeks at L86/87 (both are able to roll down to L60) to try to get a PPPE.

I did find a PPPE-Hard after about 50 missions (yay!). Traded it for a VTE (via auction here on the Rimor exchange).

Of course that hyped me up. I want two eggs, so I kept doing those solo boss missions to get a 2nd PPPE to trade for my second egg.

So, I did another 300 or so L60 solo team missions after finding the first one and didn't find a second. Finally I got tired of not leveling and it was turning into a grind. So I finally gave up and started leveling again.

Currently I'm wearing my one egg and saving up for my second.

Good luck to you!

Martek

Although I have heard tales of these dropping on a mob OTHER than the boss, or found in chest, I have never met anybody that can confirm this.

Both of the PPPE hards I found were on the boss. Same boss type (Nano - full face covering [nut-cup face?]). Same mission zone and area (Lush Resort, first mission door on right across pool when zoning in from grid). Different characters.

Why do I post the location/monster type?

a) not in this range anymore

b) selling two of these in 3 days made enough cash to live on anyway

c) if enough people find one, maybe my org engi can get one for cheaper than I sold mine for (joined org AFTER selling the second one - wishing I had kept the spare)

Good luck to you. These need to be MUCH less rare than they are.

If you have a team of 6 when u take the mission, boss will drop much more items, and increase the chance to find one.

Just an idea, not there yet

N00b question:

Whats a PPPE?

When I found a GA1 disk many months ago, it was off a normal mob in a solo mission.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

Me and friend did 9 team missions ql 60, and we found 2 PPPE hard And yes it dropped from boss, so that I can confirm at least, dont know about chests. This was some patches ago tho, most likely they decreased the drop rate im afraid

One rumour is that you're better off doing a QL57 mission than a QL60 if you're after a PPPE. Those of you who have been lucky enough to find one, what was the QL of the mission it dropped in?

Cheers,

~R~

Bear in mind that 2 other things influence your idea of rare -

mostly the people running these missions dont know what a PPPE is yet, and they get sold as junk

Some people try to treat them as investments, spend a load of creds, then realize how much of a pain in the ass it is to run around with 900 in chemistry that they dont use it, cant resell for the GREED price they paid, and it goes in the bank to gather dust...

I've blitzed lots of QL57, 59 and 60 missions for PPPEs ;D

QL57 and 59 seem to drop PPPEs more than QL60 missions do. (In my experiance)

Nevertheless, it usually takes 50-100missions per PPPE :O

For those of you without a PPPE yet - Goodluck in finding one
    StabbaH - 200+ Shade

2 friends and myself killed a team boss with a pppe the other night in newland desert. It was a ql 63 mission, but i wasn't paying attention to what boss type it was.
    Flipstik - Fixer
    Tiktok - Doc
    Uglybama - Adv

I did hundreds of ql57-63 team missions. No GA!, or PPPE. Cause Funcom is the SUCK, and has decided that only the lucky can prevail in this game. not the skilled.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Eh... Turin, you must be mistaken - it's not the lucky, it's the ppl with more *time* to play AO that prevail ;p Ah, how I envy them...
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

The best QL mission to get GA1 and the PPPE's are QL56. You'll get a level 60 boss every time. I've done many on QL's ranging from 55-62, they all have varying boss levels except for QL56, which seem to always spawn the said level 60. Many people have found GA1 and PPPE's on many other QL's though, I've heard as high as 72 and as low as 52, if I remember correctly.

I did 83 missions this way before I got a PPPE(soft).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast