Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make pppe shop item

supply and demand, either buy it if you can afford it or kill the appropriate level mobs for the pppe :P (bosses etc)

Originally posted by milmaker
    does everyone make there own imps?
    look ill answer it for u NO NO NO
    why not? anyone can if they invest ips into
    becuz not everyone wants to make imps

so what makes u think that everyone is gonna make armor??
    No, it is true... not everyone makes their own implants. However, because all it requires is IP, a lot of people can. Are implant tradeskillers making money? I was under the impression they were earning small tips, if they wanted to hang out in populated areas for hours of shiftclicking.

I would agree that not everyone makes implants. Why? Because they don't want to. Why don't they want to? Because there's not enough money in it. Why isn't there enough money in it? Because so many people can already make implants, and it's easy, and it doesn't require any super rare things like PPPE's.

If things like carbonum require no investment, but the IPs in a couple of skills...
    -There will be a lot more armorers.
    -The prices will drop to slightly above the cost of materials (or small tips).

but then.... (and here's where it gets ugly)

There will be hundreds, eventually thousands of suits of carbonum created on the server by these dozens of new tradeskillers with their shiny new storebought PPPEs.

These suits will not break down, they will not be sold to Shops...they will be re-sold to other players. And non-armorers will start selling them for below cost just to make a sale. This is different from implants, because sets of implants are much harder to re-sell than sets of armor. Implants have a lot more variety and people like to customize what they wear.

Armorers (like implant makers) will end up doing nothing but combining things for tips. Is that where people want tradeskills to go in this game? Yuck.

I get the feeling that some of the people calling for PPPEs in Shops have the naive notion that they will be able to buy the PPPE and start making armor to sell. Well, guess what, dozens of people will do so. The prices will drop. The market will flood. And, eventually, you'll end up making less money/hour combining armor for tips than you would just doing a mission.

Am I wrong? Are people making good money doing implants for tips? Will only a select few people actually buy PPPE's and start marketing armor if it goes on sale in Shops?

Maybe. But from the responses to this thread, I think you'll have a lot more competition than you think. I think you'll end up only making armor for your lower level friends (free of charge), making armor for your twinks (free of charge), and getting really frustrated trying to combine armor for tips for hours on end with little to show for those IPs you spent.

Oh well. I'm done here. I love tradeskills, was deeply involved in it in EQ, and eventually deeply disheartened by the way the economy was messed up in EQ. Which is why I am holding back from joining in the fray on AO. I hope things work out for the tradeskillers in AO.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; Dec 21st, 2002 at 07:30:54.

I think you have a good point Curmudgeon.

One way to make this work better would be to make a slight increase in the droprate, and make some more types of armor to make with the PPPE that use uber rare parts, so you can make easy simple armor or super uber armor if you get the parts.

and another thing, the shape soft really sucks right now for one reason... NO BRONTO CHEST PIECE IN THE GAME...argh! Good for making mantis armor though
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

actually id like to see the pppe done away with i like the new aproach with the cas and barter armor it makes perfect since make one key item to the prepartion of the armor a drop and not able to purchase at store there are all kinds of crap that drops like cold stones hot stones sould frags gold nuggets ingots etc. that could be like final step items but as it is pppe only drops on one ocassion off of ql 60ish boss mobs in team missions not just random drop off of mobs when u are on your daily journey through rubi ka

one question how come cas will fetch a pretty penny all u need is tradeskill and items easily attainable through shoppin channels and regular shop and any old mob drops

i currently have 5bags full of notum chips/frags that of all qls from 50-200 what do u say about that i can make just as much money of this armor if not more than off of carb and or bronto etc

i say cast pppe out and make all armor only makeable through the items found in daily life and shops

cuz i have 10 peices of ql 200 bronto hide several different parts cant do **** with them cuz what i have no pppe
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

[i]My preference would be to see FunCom make getting a no-drop PPPE as a quest reward. Make the quest take long enough (no matter what your level) that people won't want to bother doing it for their twink. But make it short enough (with no annoying static camps), that a dedicated tradeskiller could get it done without feeling like it was hopeless. This kind of thing is possible, but it takes a little thought and planning from FunCom. Wait, maybe it's not possible. [/B]
    I like this idea:- "PPPE Quest - the Path to Gimpeage". Set up the quest so that you have to complete a number of tradeskill steps to do it. Haven't got enough Elec. Eng for part III? You'll just have to level until you have. That would ensure that the quest was only of interest to tradeskill characters and would prevent people from camping the quest just to sell the PPPE. Let the thing continue to drop in missions, then no-one can complain that they're being nerfed.

Cheers,

~R~

Originally posted by Curmudgeon

No, it is true... not everyone makes their own implants. However, because all it requires is IP, a lot of people can. Are implant tradeskillers making money? I was under the impression they were earning small tips, if they wanted to hang out in populated areas for hours of shiftclicking.

I would agree that not everyone makes implants. Why? Because they don't want to. Why don't they want to? Because there's not enough money in it. Why isn't there enough money in it? Because so many people can already make implants, and it's easy, and it doesn't require any super rare things like PPPE's.

If things like carbonum require no investment, but the IPs in a couple of skills...
    -There will be a lot more armorers.
    -The prices will drop to slightly above the cost of materials (or small tips).

but then.... (and here's where it gets ugly)

There will be hundreds, eventually thousands of suits of carbonum created on the server by these dozens of new tradeskillers with their shiny new storebought PPPEs.

These suits will not break down, they will not be sold to Shops...they will be re-sold to other players. And non-armorers will start selling them for below cost just to make a sale. This is different from implants, because sets of implants are much harder to re-sell than sets of armor. Implants have a lot more variety and people like to customize what they wear.

Armorers (like implant makers) will end up doing nothing but combining things for tips. Is that where people want tradeskills to go in this game? Yuck.

I get the feeling that some of the people calling for PPPEs in Shops have the naive notion that they will be able to buy the PPPE and start making armor to sell. Well, guess what, dozens of people will do so. The prices will drop. The market will flood. And, eventually, you'll end up making less money/hour combining armor for tips than you would just doing a mission.

Am I wrong? Are people making good money doing implants for tips? Will only a select few people actually buy PPPE's and start marketing armor if it goes on sale in Shops?

Maybe. But from the responses to this thread, I think you'll have a lot more competition than you think. I think you'll end up only making armor for your lower level friends (free of charge), making armor for your twinks (free of charge), and getting really frustrated trying to combine armor for tips for hours on end with little to show for those IPs you spent.

Oh well. I'm done here. I love tradeskills, was deeply involved in it in EQ, and eventually deeply disheartened by the way the economy was messed up in EQ. Which is why I am holding back from joining in the fray on AO. I hope things work out for the tradeskillers in AO.

I make all Implants. Normal or Jobe. I make alot of money from it when i choose to sit around and be bored. A few million and hour.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

LOL

It seems that there's a lot of people that want to buy PPPEs in shop

PPPEs are expensive ? Then learn how to make money !

I am an engi, first char (my alt is 64 and can't help), i've paid for mochies and wrangles up to lvl 150, and i've found money to buy both PPPEs.
    You don't NEED PPPE to make tradeskills : you can make nanos, weapons, implants, libraries... and more, AT LOW LEVEL.
    I've spent a day selling libraries and pepper pistols to buy my first PPPE, but i found the money (yes it's boring, but isn't camping tarasque boring also ?)...

Some items are rares and some other are common, and that's game...
    Some things are easy to get and some other are hard, and that's life !

I want Dragon Armor to drop from leets !!
    I want to be able to cast all buffs from all profs !!
    I want Jones Vest and Shades of Luc to be buyable in shop, and i want to begin game with 1k in every skill at lvl 1 !!

Please stop crying and babbling to get everything for free.
    If you think it's too hard to get a PPPE, then reroll a MA.
    (my alt is a MA ^^)
    Arlister, Suprem Creator.
    Unit-Leader Ancarim Iron Legion.

im curious how dragon armor
    prof jones vest
    and shades of luc have anything to do with pppe they are on a whole different level on one side u got uber loot items which make a character better by enhancing his/her skills and on the other u have an item which is a vital part of makin armor through tradeskills so plz dont come here and flame cuz u have pppe and want to rub our faces in it we do not all want to follow your footsteps we want the item to not be so damn hard to get thats it plain and simple

hmm whatever

frankly i dont care about selling it nor about the cash needed to buy the item. if it is in game then people will sell it.

what annoys me is that there are people who picked trader and engineer to BUILD things and look again what usefull items they can build pre 150 ...

bot brains...

trimmers, implants, emergancy healing kits, nanocrystals, jewelry ... all these things are either useless at these levels since you need insane skills to produce "usable" items or useless because you do not have the skills to make anything usefull ql wise.

the pppe would help them in a way much as a nt or meta can drag himself on self sufficiently implant wise, they could fashion their own armor.

but i guess you are right, as long as tradeskill xp is as pathetic as it is today, why bother?
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

That is the point im tryin to make there is no way that a pppe would be useful to anyone but a dedicated tradeskiller who has chose to gimp his/herself in the name of producing goods.
    As such u cant make too much of any useable ql till u are well into the 150+ lvls so therefore makin it only for dedicated ppl

Nah I disagree, I have 300-500 in every trade skill at lvl 121, and I'm not gimped. :P
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

As a engi, you can't raise tradeskills before cap 80-100 if you don't want to gimp your char. So personaly (as i was already gimped by life as a nanomage...), i didn't raise them before.
    If you can't make interesting items for yourself before level 150, then tradeskills are to rethink, but PPPE isn't in cause. Btw, PPPE needs chemistry who isn't the main tradeskill you can raise.

Even if PPPE were shoppable, and costs 10k, that wouldn't allow tradeskillers to maker there own armor as the skills requs are really high (you need 450 ME and chemistry to make a QL100 set... you'll need it at lvl 70 and can self produce it at lvl 120).

I don't want this item to be this rare and hard to find (lol i say in another thread : "make it drop trice more")... But i don't think it's good to sell it in shop. As it is on now, it is a kind of quest for engis and traders to find it, and i think that's good (any other prof have items that are hard to get to).
    They are some items ingame you need to find by yourself (either you buy it or you run many missions for it). And i think PPPE don't have to be sold in stores (that's about the only hard to get item an engi will need before 150).

I don't spend all my time in tradeskilling for money, my prices are flexible and i don't think they're high (i made a full set carbo QL75 for 50k yesterday, is that this high ?... common price is more like 500k).

as long as tradeskill xp is as pathetic as it is today, why bother?
    It true : XP is really bad, and PPPE are to expensive on now...
    Personnaly, i bought my PPPEs to make armors for guildies (in that case, that's more RP than business), and my org helped me buying them...

That's a bad point for engis to :
    PPPEs and Team Beacon Warp are items you don't use for yourself, but to help others... So engis pay for others comfortability

Anyway, once again : I think PPPE should drop more, but i don't think they should sell in shop
    Arlister, Suprem Creator.
    Unit-Leader Ancarim Iron Legion.

I wouldnt mind if it they made it drop more as long as it could drop of any ql 60ish mobs that drop tradeskill items

Maybe a quest for tradeskillers i read someone posted havin steps that require tradeskill to combine items acquired from npcs kinda like the fixer grid but with tradeskill parts combine this here with sumthin form a npc on the other side of rubika and so on

only reason im upset is that i joined a small new guild to help them acquire items and such easier

i dont think we have 100mil if we added all the money of all the members in the guild

i had a couple ppl in guild who had some experience in blitzin do some missions and i tell u this is horsecrap we came out of this the same we went in sept we lost a few days of gametime

would be great if a real rich guild could donate some pppe ^_^

i know there gotta be some guy runnin around with 1billion credits

Post Hmm...

At least most people will agree the current system is borked.

Due to the rarity of the PPPE, the price of the armor is insane. The problem is this, in the 20's I should be able to wear Carbonum (or Tradeskill armor of your choice) with QL in the 30's (without twinking of course ) The only way to afford that armor at that lvl is to mule creds to that character. Most characters by their 20's may have made enough to afford one set of Carbonum, if they never bought anything else including meds and nanos. That is insane.

For most characters who aren't alt twinks that would be like being 12 and wanting a bicycle. Due to rarity of items involved in making the bike, the cost is so high you have to save until you are 18 to be able to afford one. Problem is by then you would need to forget the bicycle and start saving for a car since at that point it would be more practical. The way this game scales though, you would constantly end up (until you are around lvl 100 when creds are so easy to get) having to save for long amounts of time to get basic items in the game.

Real life is sometimes like that. This is a game, it shouldn't that much like real life, or require that I have a sugar daddy to give me money.

Tradeskillers could get together on their prices. The price for making a set of Carbonum is pretty standard, why not the price when buying. Since the armor is still better than anything than drops, there will be a market for it.

Will there be people selling used armor at a discount? Yes. But that wouldn't kill the Tradeskill market since there are more people playing the game and creating new characters all the time.

If they are afraid the market would be flooded, make the PPPE easier to get, then lock the ability to make the armor so each Tradeskiller can only make one set of armor every week or two or whatever time period. That way more people would get the benefit of spending their IP, the price of the armor would come down to closer to reasonable levels, and there would continue to be a demand for the armor by governing how many new sets can be created each time period.

Skara
    Last edited by Skara; Dec 25th, 2002 at 01:45:23.

hmmmmm

I have a couple ideas:

make pppe's available in stores....let carbonum get widely used...but introduce other armors. Allow production of prof. specific armor....only available ql100+...which would discourage trade twinks...

make notum fargments and chips either more common drops, or change the components...i mean...paying 1 mill for a ql30 notum fragment is friggin ridiculous...the economy is already incredibly over-inflated...things need to be brought down in price by increasing the supply.

As is....there's no room for the low level tradeskiller...you need to get 150+ and making millions before you can even buy components to make ql50ish CAS...and that's retarded. I made an engineer solely to do trade skills..I max all trade skills EVERY level and I max MC and TS. I spend the rest of my IP (if I have any) accordingly. So far I can make crappy weapons, bugged grenades, and trimmers. And trimmers are getting expensive. There's no market for lowbies anymore....you NEED to be a twink or be willing to fork out RL money on ebay to even compete. The game starts after you hit lvl 100...until then, you're just incubating.

Dumb.

PS> solar pistols and kamikazee robots. put more of this stuff in!

-Botboy

good idea i like the professions specific armor idea 100+ makes it even better

what would be even nicer make some of the components for the armor questable by only those in that profession then u know that ppl will have to ask u to make it and therefore inturn makin money as only a traderskiller lvl 100+ prolly higher will be needed to make this armor

i want the market flooded with carb armor seeing as the main component is bought in stores

what should be done is that the main item needed as in bronto, mantis and dragon is a drop off a mob

which makes it impossible to flood the market unless someone has like 5000peices of bronto hide or mantis parts chillin in the bank thered be no way

this way u can still get paid by gettin these items makin the armor and sellin and still make money for makin armor for ppl with the hides and such

just silly thinkin by some ppl that only see what they want to see
    namely ppl who already have pppe and think that we will take there cashflow which i hear is not that great as is

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12