Thread: 5% Gas Change Proposal

5% Gas Change Proposal

This is something I posted in the suggestions forum. I think it belongs here.

Right now, in 5% same-side groups get waxed unless you're teamed with a defender, correct?

The ideal, I guess, would be that towers in 5% would fire upon:

Guilds that have used a shield disabler.
    Anyone who opens fire on them.
    Opposite sides.

I.E. they won't aggro a clanner unless the clanner's guild has used a disabler or the clanner opens fire on the tower.

Problems I can see: guilds attacking the defenders, but not touching the towers until the defenders have been knocked back some, and thereby not being considered aggro by the towers.

Fix for that: give the top 3 tiers of the org the ability to use a /org towers aggro command, which forces the org's towers into a mode where they will open fire on anyone not teamed with a guildmember, whatever side they may be.

Probably a lot of code, but seems like it'd be a better way than right now.

Comments? Possible exploits/problems I didn't think of? Post em!

addition: Thyrra posted the concept of multiple tower aggro settings, changeable by the defender. Only ones I can think of as being useful beyond the /org towers aggro would be /org towers safe %t where the guild of your current target is marked as 'safe'.

Suggestions are welcome. Flames will be flamed.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

/me waits for Ityn to come in and construct a theory of how this is a nerf and a way for Dharin to put some sinister plan into action.

Mwahahaha... your IP has been logged. Dogs have been dispatched. Do not attempt to run, the choppers are already overhead.

To add something to your idea, to avoid certain exploits, the decision to "ally" (let's call the state you are in to avoid being attacked in 5% an alliance) must not be in the hands of the org owning the base. This would let them ally guilds that actually wants to attack, and thereby preventing them from doing this. This would at least rule out the "/org towers safe %t" command you described.

But I do think that we need some system to simplify the way 5% gas needs to be handled. Not only for the defenders, but also for attackers (right now the 5% makes all area effects useless for attackers as well as defenders). A simple "attack same side" checkbox in the same options menu as auto attack and all that would cover the attackers side pretty well. But on the defenders side it's a little more complicated, with the towers and all. Towers should per default shoot at the same side in 5% unless an exception is made through an alliance or something like that.

Er... when I described the safe command, the only change would be that your TOWERS wouldn't attack that org.

They could still attack your towers. At which point the 'safe' status should probably be temporarily revoked.

AoE effects from players would still be a problem. Implementation of a /org alliance %t with the same effect as safe (in 5% gas, this organization is treated as same side for purpose of determining who is affected by hostile AoEs by members of your org) would go a long way towards fixing that, though.

Actually, screw seperate commands. One command that does both.

/org alliance %t: target's organization is added to your orgs allies list. Your towers will not aggro them in LC areas unless attacked. They are not susceptible to AoEs from your org members. In order for the alliance to be complete, the other org must also /org alliance you, or their towers will still attack your org.

This would have to be restricted to the top 2 or 3 ranks, for obvious reasons.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Er... when I described the safe command, the only change would be that your TOWERS wouldn't attack that org.

They could still attack your towers. At which point the 'safe' status should probably be temporarily revoked.

AoE effects from players would still be a problem. Implementation of a /org alliance %t with the same effect as safe (in 5% gas, this organization is treated as same side for purpose of determining who is affected by hostile AoEs by members of your org) would go a long way towards fixing that, though.

Actually, screw seperate commands. One command that does both.

/org alliance %t: target's organization is added to your orgs allies list. Your towers will not aggro them in LC areas unless attacked. They are not susceptible to AoEs from your org members. In order for the alliance to be complete, the other org must also /org alliance you, or their towers will still attack your org.

This would have to be restricted to the top 2 or 3 ranks, for obvious reasons.
    Slight modification:

Any org allied with you receives the local Guardian tower benefits as well. I know it seems like common sense they would...but there is also room for arguement that since they're not true members of your org, they're not entitled to the benefits. I, on the other hand, want my allies fighting at their peak if their defending my assets

Other than that, I say release the hounds...er, programmers
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Seems reasonable. But that's a really minor tweak, compared to the whole concept. I'd be happy if the idea went in, with or without local buffs affecting allies.

Still, can't see any real reason why they shouldn't, so consider it part of my proposal.

It is after all called a "Vicinity *friendly* modifier", not "Vicinity clan modifier".

True enough.

OK, OK, you guys win, consider the proposal modified.

Bump, cuz he's still waiting for Ityn's nerf theory....