Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: Attacking for the Sole Reason that Someone is Offline is Dishonorable Play

I played soccer, not even in a particularly competitive league, when I was young (think 8-13 years old).

I was OK. Not a great player, but I was okay, and knew position play quite well.

I got a lot of playtime because I was *very* good at playing the man and not getting nailed for it. Nothing like slide-tackling, taking somebody's legs out intentionally, and making it look legit.

Who do you think taught me to do that? My coach! Well, him and my dad, who used to play pretty competitively in college, and knew the tricks.

Later on, I played in a non-coached (self-coached, I guess) rec league, when I was 18ish.

We played even dirtier there. No one got hurt permanently, but if your wind wasn't knocked out once per game, it was probably because the other team was really, abysmally bad.

And you know what? Everyone had fun. It was part of the game. You took your bruises and went back on the field. Our games tended to be pretty low-scoring, even for soccer (*lots* of 1-0 games), but anyone who watched one would tell you they were exciting.

And Jynne, why lock a thread where you and I can post++ to our hearts' content?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Jynne
    If I were a moderator I would be tempted to lock this thread and call it a mercy killing.
    Yeah...even I'm pushing the emergency call button for a mod myself. This kid is scary.
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jan 14th, 2003 at 00:37:49.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by Sanskrit
    Boy you two take the cake, keeping this up day in and day out and I'M the crusader LOL. Go over to the NW forum and read about what the tactics you two support will mean for this game in the long run, and in fact, in the short run.

Go read about bald-faced liars defending their griefing. (Kuroshio first reply - "but I didn't advocate griefing; griefing is against the written rules." My reply, "the point is not the specific action but that the generally dishonorable play by some is ruining NW for everyone." Kuroshio's reply "but I didn't advocate griefing; griefing is against the written rules." My reply "You are not being responsive." Kuroshio's reply " You know when I was a MUD Pirate programmer slapping the Scooby Doo on the Chin Music...")

Go read about people looking for any excuse to justify "over the top" actions in the game.

Go read about more casual players and smaller orgs talk about giving up on NW entirely.

When you have read those things, realize that I want a successful mass pvp element in AO, I want NW to succeed. BUT IT IS NOT SUCCEEDING atm, do you agree? Why do you think that is?
    Sanskrit, I give up. Play how you like. Say what you like. I'm still going to take your org's towers whether or not your online. If I can tell your org is mostly offline, I'm definately going to take your towers. Shame I couldn't put a QL10 tower in their places, should I find them, just for kicks. i'll do this not because I dislike you (well the QL 10 tower thing would be because of that) but I fear if someone doesn't save you from yourself, your head will explode. You should not own any towers in the Notum Wars.

As for the "Scooby Doo" comment you made: bad call bringing it here. But I'll be nice and let you slide this time. Try it again and you'll be faecd with your own words, which you've stated you hate. And in this case, as with the others, there's no taking something out of context to show you don't know what you're talking about. You showed your [sarcasm=on]understanding[/sarcasm] of the industry quite well on your own.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by Kuroshio

As for the "Scooby Doo" comment you made: bad call bringing it here.
    What a crock, I was referring to your propensity for weaving long, irrelevant anecdotes into replies when you don't really want to discuss the issues head-on. I can't even remember what thread that's in, thought it may have been this one. Don't like it? Sue me.

What a crock, I was referring to your propensity for weaving long, irrelevant anecdotes into replies when you don't really want to discuss the issues head-on. I can't even remember what thread that's in, thought it may have been this one. Don't like it? Sue me.
    Nah....I'll just laugh at you so more when you tell people the equivalent of "I'm not going to listen to you. I want to speak to someone more important. Then I'm not going to listen to them either" I mean is there any other way to interpret
    Cz's post came from "Customer Service" I will await an official FC comment from "designers" or others with "authority" and even if such a statement is forthcoming will disagree.
    What a hoot...I'm still chuckling at that one. Naive and clueless

Cz isn't Customer Service. He's Customer Relations.

There's a world of difference. If I worked Customer Relations, I wouldn't last a day. Not because I'd be bad at the job - I'd be too good at it.

I'd tell posters on the board *exactly* what I thought of them.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112