Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two towers

I'm headed off to see it Friday night. Hopefully it won't be too overly crowded. And did I hear someone call Peter Jackson a Hack?
    In lieu of a better signature, this'll have to do

/me shakes her head

Wasn't me
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

Went and saw it.....was let down.

????

I can't understand why???

I loved it
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

Well, I sat there and all I could do was say "That didn't happen in the book" over and over again. And I thought they made Theoden(sp?) look like a putz. I liked it overall, but was still let down.

Saw it on Thursday and Friday night. The theatre (-er?) was completely filled. It was pretty good, and Gollum/Smeagol was great. A few flaws, but wasn't as dark and forbidding as the first .
    Cunobolen, level 208 Soldier
    Conaught, level 151 Fixer

Originally posted by Welzzin
    Well, I sat there and all I could do was say "That didn't happen in the book" over and over again. And I thought they made Theoden(sp?) look like a putz. I liked it overall, but was still let down.
    Theoden was a putz (in book and movie). And, I also found myself thinking "That didn't happen in the book" over and over again.

I still loved it anyway! Turning those books into a decent movie is such a huge task, that it thrills me to no end that it was done as well as it has been.

Can't wait to get all three movies on DVD (with extra footage) a couple years from now and watch it all the way through at once.

Theoden was not a putz in the book. Even when he was under the spell of Isengard, he was lucid enough to banter words with Gandalf.

Other opinions of mine dont belong here. Some people havnt seen it yet
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Bilbo dies in the end.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

He does not, he's a ringbearer!

Or he'd better not, or I'll throw a tantrum :P
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

My bad, it was Frodo. Talk about a director taking liberties with book-to-movie translations!
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

hey man, no spoilers (atleast not without telling first)

So I shouldn't say that rabid multicolored dragons fly out of Gimili's butt at the end to scare off Saruman's army? Oops, there I go again...
    Hi.

Ah makes more sense now..I've read the books so that makes a lot for sense then Bilbo buying it.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Originally posted by Evilspork
    So I shouldn't say that rabid multicolored dragons fly out of Gimili's butt at the end to scare off Saruman's army? Oops, there I go again...
    no damnit! No use watching the film (or read the book now). Damn you Evilspork!

Gimli "Whats going on?"
    Legolas "Would you like me to describe it for you, or should i find you a box?"

Instant classic

Theoden dies, so his 'putzism' can be forgiven.

I cant wait till the burning of...

or when Sauraman ...

then when gollum bites ...

or when Sam put on the ...

then when everyone sails to ...

or when Rose marries ...

ill shoosh now

regards,

Cal
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

Omg what an amazing film
    Top 10 for me EASY!!!
    Fighting scenes were incredible and Golums performance was top-notch.

hm where did this thread go? ah found it

off to see two towers for the frist time
    And don`t you lamers dare to tell me how late I am

finally saw it, and while I would have prefered it to be closer to the books, somethings I think where done very well. Firstly the humour of gimli which everyone seems to hate, I loved. I always saw him as a humourus type when I read the books, and I think it showed off the growing friendship of him and legolas well. and I have completly forgotton what else it was I liked, so you will have to wait

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast