Thread: Can someone explain Range again please?

Can someone explain Range again please?

I have Boosted with 25m Range on it. I wear a 200 yatamuchy with Range Inc 50 and a T.I.M Scope with range Inc 5

so thats 25m + 55 "Range increase"

is that a percent? like 55% of 25m is about 13 so i have a range of 38m approximatly?

/boggle atrox.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Yeah, I think the general consensus is that Range Inc is a % of base range, so Range Inc 55 should add 55% of 25 for about 13-14 meters.

Yep, its %.
    I tested that with my scope. You need at all 60% to make the 40m range with the Hellspinner
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

cool.. at least now when im rooted the rooter cant come back and take free pokes at me they need 40m range to do that. and not many have it cept agents i dont think.

Poor MA's they need to be able to take ther fists off and boomerang that stuff at rooters.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

It would have been so much simpler if FC actually used the "%" sign in places where is belongs (range extenders, crid modifiers, scopes, reflect/shielding nanos/bracers etc..).

Btw, eventhough the range cap is 40 meters, nanos seem to have shorter range than weapons. My X-3 has an efficient range of 42m (2 meters over cap) and when a target is within my weapon's range, I still get "Target is outside of range..." when I try to root or nuke, even if I have Notum Overload running (highest ql nano range extender).

What I am saying is that even agents and NTs with highest possible range extenders might have to get into your weapon's range (38m) to be able to root you).
    Last edited by Nexuss; Dec 18th, 2002 at 01:15:49.

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

40m hard cap range nerf, long time ago, when the range increaser for NTs were hot and the whiners won again
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Nothinman
    cool.. at least now when im rooted the rooter cant come back and take free pokes at me they need 40m range to do that. and not many have it cept agents i dont think.

Poor MA's they need to be able to take ther fists off and boomerang that stuff at rooters.

LOL
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

*sigh* the good old days when weapons fired farther than a thrown rock.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.