Thread: IP Reset - Will someone confirm it?

Question IP Reset - Will someone confirm it?

Can anyone actually CONFIRM (or promise) that the IP reset will happen with 13.6?

Oh, and while I'm here, for those of you who keep moaning about IP not being relocatable like SWG will be, what's the point of doing that?

As far as I understand it, Funcom are doing this IP reset for one reason, and one reason only. That is a LOT of changes have been made since the launch of the game, and this has left a lot of chars with loads of IP invested in something that is now pointless... Funcom want to be fair, and give those guys (I'm one of them) their IP back so they can re-invest it in stuff that can actually be used in the game.

Organa
    lvl 72 Soldier, looking forward to IP reset

Who told you that? There are no proof that they even will have on in the first place.

They may, and they may not. Wait and see.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

They said they *might* consider doing an IP reset in the future. I think they meant that it would be part of an overall package of rebalancing the game (curtailing overequipping, reducing the strength of high mobs, etc.)

If they did all these changes then one of the elements might be an IP reset (since they've changed the balance of the game a lot in the process). The changes will not happen soon and therefore the IP reset is unlikely to happen soon (if ever).

If you're wise you will not build a char putting IP in unusal skills while relying on the IP reset to allow you to 'recover' it later - it might never happen...

Talking

The reason I ask is that Organa was my first char, who I put a lot of time into, and have gotten quite attached to him.

I asked a lot of advice from higher lvl chars, so he's not too messed up considering. However there is probably about 20K of IP spent in Pistol and Multi ranged, which I would like to get back.

I'm not counting on an IP reset, but it would be welcome! 8)

I dont know where you got your info on SWG, but the IP WILL NOT be relocatible like you are talking about with an IP reset. Go do your homework and get back to the boards.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Merkaba715
    I dont know where you got your info on SWG, but the IP WILL NOT be relocatible like you are talking about with an IP reset. Go do your homework and get back to the boards.
    He probably got his info on skill points [not improvement points] from the SWG web page. Where did you get yours?

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Merkaba715
    From the SWG web page

Changing Skills
    Once you decide to learn a skill, you are not "stuck" with that skill for the rest of your character's life. On the contrary, you may give up skills you no longer want in order to free up skill points, which can then be spent on new and different skills. For example, if you find that you do not enjoy being a mechanic and would rather try your hand at galactic politics, you may "sell back" your mechanical skills and begin reassigning the freed up skill points to political skills. You will still need to satisfy any prerequisites the new skills require, but no skill points are lost in the reallocation.

What were you saying about doing your homework?

hehe. There's no way we'll get confirmation on this until it happens. They aren't gonna want people playing with the mentality that they can raise things temporarily until the reset.

From http://www.anarchyonline.com/content...rticles/1500L:

At the time we implement any changes in the overequipping rules, include the following changes to the game:

[blah]

A ONCE-OFF VOLUNTARY "IP- reset". I have to make sure right now the limitations of it! (An IP reset means that you keep your level and experience points, get your skills reset, and IP returned.

This will happen only once in the history of the game. (As long as I am Game Director at least )

It can only be done when you have a complete empty wear-view, and all items are taken off and stored elsewhere. This includes implants, NCU upgrades and memory - everything.

You will be able to do this IP reset only within a limited time frame. It is not something you can "save" for darker days.

It could be done using in example "a /command" in the chat line, and you will have to confirm your choice.

IP allocated to Map Navigation will not be reimbursed - that would require us to create many map items and upgrades, as well as wiping those stats. I do not consider those programmer hours a good investment at the moment.
    Creep.

"This will happen only once in the history of the game. (As long as I am Game Director at least)"

Cool that means we might have plenty of IP resets.