Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Mainframe adds Interpolation (items at all QL) and more texture support!

Anarchy Mainframe adds Interpolation (items at all QL) and more texture support!

Just to keep everyone up-to-date on my recent developments on the site... As there has been the lack of a big pacth for a while, I've been busy improving the code behind the site...

The biggest development is the roll-out of interpolation between Hi/Low quality levels of items. It is now possible to view items at interim QLs, provided the item sticks to the letter.

From the home page notes:
    12/17/2002 -- 11:44am

Interpolation!

I have added the ability to view items at 'interpolated' QLs. This menu will appear as a drop-down next to the QL of the item if a matching Hi/Low pair is found. This may not work for items with non-corresponding name, or items that only appear at one QL.

An item display that is interpolated will have the marker '(Interpolated at this QL)' next to the QL. Please keep in mind that these are approximations, and while they are almost always indentical to the in-game results, some things may be different. Funcom interpolates a few things differently based on context, and I'm working on making that a bit more accurate. Some values may be off by a point or so, depending on the method of rounding AO uses at any given time.

As Hi/Low ID pairs are not stored in the DB, they are currently auto-detected by matching similar names. Items with different Hi/Low names may not show up as interpolatable. Please let me know if you find one like this, and I will look into coding a case for it. Armor was affected by this in my early versions, but most Armor lines should interpolate correctly now.

Please let me know of any bugs/quirks you happen to find--the script is fairly experimental, and up for progressive improvement.

Enjoy!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12/16/2002 -- 10:41am

I forgot to mention it here after posting the link of the Fixer forums, but I did a quick Search page for all items with a CanBeWornWithSocialArmor flag on it. The page can be found here: aodb.info/socialarmor.asp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12/15/2002 -- 9:07pm

Was a long and arduous process, but the code used to rip out texture references from Meshes (used in weapons and helmets, mostly) has been rewritten from scratch. It should not be pretty close to 100% and available on all weapons/meshes that actually have textures on them. Enjoy. =)
    Again, please let me know if you find any problems so I can take care of them ASAP. =)

-Jayde

Neato, thanks a bunch Jayde! Now I don't have to run to Itemsbot after looking stuff up on AM.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Yay!

Woo

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Woot! Nice job.
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

Great,

I've been hoping someone would do interpolation.

wow very nice. you have done a great job!!!!

oh also - finally could get a rip of the texture of the freedom arms 3927
    Toadman538 - 196 Soldier
    President of CAS

thx Jayde, much respect.
    [color=sky blue]Neophyte Æxid[/color] | 200 Clan RK2 Trader
    Unit Commander of Immortal Ascension
    Server First: Ian Warr

Nice indeed

PS please kill the annoying popup

Nice work Jayde,
    Mitchell "Beria" Sosnowski
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat

Originally posted by Beatenblue
    Nice indeed

PS please kill the annoying popup
    Redirect popup killed.

-Jayde

OMG! Nice work, Jayde!
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

If you would actually use the new url (and take the "redirect" tag out of it) you wouldn't get the popup.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Evilspork
    If you would actually use the new url (and take the "redirect" tag out of it) you wouldn't get the popup.
    Well, I'm sure there are plenty of links out there still pointing to the old URLs... I mostly did the redirect thing to alert people of the change initially.. But, it should be pretty obvious to most folks now.

-Jayde

Thank you!
    Itemsbot got nerfed. :-)
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

Wow... nice one jayde

(Peace out)
    Akodoreign
    Sorry my account ran out today
    "I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love, and laughter abide, I am there in spirit" -- Written by Bill Hicks, shortly before his death, and read as part of his eulogy"

Hey Jayde, very nice work!

you said to tell you if we found any bugs...

This may not be a bug, but since the name for ncu memory and belt changes, there is no way to interpolate them, same with the cpu upgrade. It says that they have to have the same name. Maybe if you just added the lowest and highest of those manually you would be able to get an interpolated value. Like, your site only has the ql 200 6x belt when the lowest is 160 and uses 351 comp lit. Just a suggestion, thanks!
    Last edited by Stimmed; Dec 19th, 2002 at 15:40:07.

Originally posted by Stimmed
    Hey Jayde, very nice work!

you said to tell you if we found any bugs...

This may not be a bug, but since the name for ncu memory and belt changes, there is no way to interpolate them, same with the cpu upgrade. It says that they have to have the same name. Maybe if you just added the lowest and highest of those manually you would be able to get an interpolated value. Like, your site only has the ql 200 6x belt when the lowest is 160 and uses 351 comp lit. Just a suggestion, thanks!
    I'm coming up with a list of exceptions manually... And NCU/Belts are probably the first to be implemented on that list.

I should have some time to do this shortly...had to go see Lord of the Rings last night.

-Jayde

SWEET stuff Jayde, thx for all the effort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast