Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont level lock Tara at 150

Dont level lock Tara at 150

Dont level lock tara at 150+, because that would render the level reqs on most of the items useless, but i do agree that something needs to be done.

My suggestion, make the new PvP Cap at 125, or maybe 135

I know some of the loot still can be used by people below that, but i just think that its silly to have it be 150+.

Its also silly to have a 150 pvp cap for FFA.

I understand that somepeople want less people at camelot, but i cant really speak from a high level perspective (lvl 140 myself).

any opinions on this?

im a little afraid about posting this, for fear of flames =]

Well the level reqs on HPO is 100, The level reqs on Dragon Chest is 130, I dont see why people thoose levels shouldnt be able to have a chance of getting items they can use *Shrug*. Level lock at 130 would be nice tho.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

well..

The idea of a 150 level lock was a work around solution to lvl 100 people getting loot off of Tara. I won't get into that argument, but honestly who helped get the loot more a 200 MA or a lvl 100 MA? Does a lvl 100 player just "tagging along" deserve loot rights? If so why dont u let me roll a lvl 2 advy and run him in there to get loot?(with the small numbers of advys that do Tara raids im nearly guaranteed an item)

If your level is <150, you should be put into a different camelot than if you were >=150. This keeps the lowbies who can't seem to find the mission terms happy, and it keeps TEH UBAR HIGH LEVALS happy.

Also, ditch the 42361 GS crap and give tara a 2 hour spawn... WITHOUT nerfing item drop rates!

Re: well..

Originally posted by Scytale
    The idea of a 150 level lock was a work around solution to lvl 100 people getting loot off of Tara. I won't get into that argument, but honestly who helped get the loot more a 200 MA or a lvl 100 MA? Does a lvl 100 player just "tagging along" deserve loot rights? If so why dont u let me roll a lvl 2 advy and run him in there to get loot?(with the small numbers of advys that do Tara raids im nearly guaranteed an item)
    The lvl lock doesn't have anything with loot to do, it's because of the PvP cap is lvl 150, so would be fair to lock the dungeon at lvl 150 too simple because it's a high lvl PvP zone, not a lowbie playground where they can run around and without anyone that can attack them. Just because the HPO have lvl 100 req, you really think lvl 100 toons can kill Tara? (I guess they could with ALOT of people and no omni/clan fighting)

If all lower than lvl 150 got into 1 pf and those higher got into another I would, love to see the people under lvl 150 take down Tarasque and at same time fight other faction, would be fun
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Yes, thx for reminding them about the purpose of the original post, Azz.

I cannot shoot a level 120 waltzing through the door that I'm guarding with my life. I'm supposed to be protecting our KTs from Omni ninjas, and all I can do is make faces at people.

Level lock at 150 or let me shoot your ass with a bullet.

If everyone there wants a shot at the loot, everyone there needs to be attackable. Even level 1s.

And for all you RPers, maybe we can send a squad of level 149 clanners to waltz through Omni's most top secret war rooms. I'm sure all the guards would be of the highest level and therefore not able to shoot them!!! We can steal information and you can't do anything about it! bwahaha. gay.

Nenous

Originally posted by Nen Nen
    Level lock at 150 or let me shoot your ass with a bullet.
    lol, bump for this
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I dont care for level lock. level 100s taking down T....yeah they might but fight at the same time.... naw not likely.

The only reason everyone wants the place capped is to ensure a PVP zone.

Actually if you dont want a level cap on the dungeon....then introduce a gas that basically means if your there and T is up.....from level 1 -200 your a target.

Its stops ninjas....it stops exploiting high levels not being able to stop a some level 20 twink hovering over Ts remains while we try and shift a GPH or some other no drop item to a winner.

Its a zone where you cant hide behind your level protection.

And you want to go in.....then you face the consequence if someone caps you.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

sounds good =] i like fingers suppression idea, if your in the lair room, its my very old idea of 0%..

0% suppression field, anyone can attack anyone, and i mean anyone, 1-200 omni clan neutral, if there is no gas changing your mind about attacking people, whats holding you back from stomping on a level 1

The PvP cap should have no bearing. Or do level 200 characters really fear level 125 characters attacking them?

Do level 200 characters really think a level 125ish team will outdamage them against Tarasque?

The only reason people want to level lock the dungeon is because they don't feel level <150 deserve to take part in their raids. Asking them nicely doesn't work, they still enter the castle. So, what better way to keep them out then to ask Funcom to level lock the dungeon.

Bottom line is that this is about loot. For every person below 150 in that castle, that's one less 150+ person in the castle. Level 200 don't fear being attacked by a 125, or think a 125 can seriously outdamage them, but they fear losing looting rights because they couldn't enter the castle.

Something else to consider. If this is really about PvP, then why is anyone complaining about lower levels being in the castle when there's no PvP opposition? Shouldn't really matter then, should it? So how can you say this is about PvP when there is no PvP?

People stand in the castles 100% area, or go afk in the box room, because they could care less about the PvP. They came for the loot.

Also, the castle holds Lord Ghasap and Morgan LaFaye, of which any 100+ team can take down. What would you propose doing with these two characters designed for level 100+ characters?

Finally, and everyone seems to keep forgetting this, Funcom has already stated that would not put level requirements on any item placed in game pre-patch 14.2. If they put a level requirement on the dungeon then they would be doing exactly what they said they would not do.

In closing, your monthly fee is no better than anyone elses. Stop pretending it does and start treating everyone equally.

Thank you all for reading.

Safe travels.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    The only reason people want to level lock the dungeon is because they don't feel level <150 deserve to take part in their raids. Asking them nicely doesn't work, they still enter the castle. So, what better way to keep them out then to ask Funcom to level lock the dungeon.
    You're ignoring one glaring problem with the level limits at the moment: ninja-looters. When such an organized lottery system for dividing up loot exists (on the Omni's side anyways, I don't know anything about the Clan side), it really really really sucks when a low level who can't be attacked decides they want to ruin it for 50+ other people and ninja a nodrop item from Tarasque.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

Originally posted by Sparkyd
    You're ignoring one glaring problem with the level limits at the moment: ninja-looters. When such an organized lottery system for dividing up loot exists (on the Omni's side anyways, I don't know anything about the Clan side), it really really really sucks when a low level who can't be attacked decides they want to ruin it for 50+ other people and ninja a nodrop item from Tarasque.
    The level 200 players are not branded as being more honorable and less likely to ninja. A level 200 non-participating member of the raffling community can ninja just as easily as a 125 player.

Plus, a sub 150 player is not labled as less honorable and more likely to ninja. In fact, to assume sub 150 players are ninja-looters is highly inflammatory.

Now, as far as if one person, if one level 125, attempted to ninja the dragon there should be other methods of dealing with said person. You shouldn't ban the entire sub 150 population based on the actions of one person, that is unjust. Again, anyone can ninja, not just sub 150 players.

The point, level locking does not stop ninja-looting. No need to mix the two because they are two seperate issues.

edit: added statement
    Last edited by Cemetarygate; Dec 19th, 2002 at 21:42:40.

There is two things points i have on this.. First of For raffles or so 150 is a good lvl minium requirement but i belive that you shouldnt put a lock on camelot. Dont really like the idea.. =/
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

The point, level locking does not stop ninja-looting. No need to mix the two because they are two seperate issues.
    How many different ways can it be said before you people understand what the **** we're talking about here.

IT DOES STOP OPPOSITE SIDE NINJAS, DIP****. A level 82 Omni can make a run at grabbing loot right in the faces of 50 level 200 players. Lock them out or change the gas in camelot allow free-for-all pvp range at the first set of stairs into gas change.

The PvP cap should have no bearing. Or do level 200 characters really fear level 125 characters attacking them?
    Hi, Mr. Do-not-pvp. 125s cannot attack 200s, and 200s cannot attack 125s... of course there is no fear. Anyone there barking about the same rights to the loot needs to face the SAME RISK as everyone else - DYING.

Please. No more posts from assclowns. Please.
    Nenous

How many different ways can it be said before you people understand what the **** we're talking about here.

IT DOES STOP OPPOSITE SIDE NINJAS, DIP****. A level 82 Omni can make a run at grabbing loot right in the faces of 50 level 200 players. Lock them out or change the gas in camelot allow free-for-all pvp range at the first set of stairs into gas change.
    How will this stop ninjas from same-side? A level 200 clan can stand right next to Tarasque and ninja from level 200 clan. Again, the issues are totally seperate as locking the dungeon does not fix the problem.

Hi, Mr. Do-not-pvp. 125s cannot attack 200s, and 200s cannot attack 125s... of course there is no fear. Anyone there barking about the same rights to the loot needs to face the SAME RISK as everyone else - DYING.
    That is the exact point of the statement. I'll break the statement and question down since you lack the knowledge to understand them.

"The PvP cap should have no bearing." In other words, the PvP bracket doesn't match between level 125 and 200s. But, I used the word "should" because a level 125s PvP bracket is 100-156. So, they could attack a few of the 150+ members; and I was anticipating that someone would present that as an argument in why level 125s would have a bearing on the PvPing in the dungeon.

"Or do level 200 characters really fear level 125 characters attacking them?" A sarcastic remark intended for the level 200s that lack game knowledge to know level 125s cannot attack 200s. Apparently the remark went over your head.

Please. No more posts from assclowns. Please.
    Nenous
    You should not have posted then.

OMG, Cemetary - PLEASE spend some IP on Intelligence.

How will this stop ninjas from same-side? A level 200 clan can stand right next to Tarasque and ninja from level 200 clan. Again, the issues are totally seperate as locking the dungeon does not fix the problem.
    Same-side ninjas are different than opposite side. Same side ninjas have to live with us, have their bases defended by us, get buffs from us. If they want to risk that, then so be it - go that route. At least they take a certain risk when they ninja.

Opposite side-ninjas do not face penalties other than having people who already hate them... hate them.

Let me spell it out for you (god bless your parents if they got you some hooked on phonics):

If you want equal rights to loot, you need to have equal chance of getting shot the f up. It's not like there's a set of dragon armor for 125s and a completely different set for 200s. It's all the same! Same rewards, same risks. That's how it should be.

Your comebacks are as cliche as your ignorance about Tarasque. Do some homework, you might need an education.

Thug lovin,
    Nenous

OMG, Cemetary - PLEASE spend some IP on Intelligence.

Same-side ninjas are different than opposite side. Same side ninjas have to live with us, have their bases defended by us, get buffs from us. If they want to risk that, then so be it - go that route. At least they take a certain risk when they ninja.
    If someone had the audacity to ninja from same-side, then more than likely they could care less of their reputation and the consequences that followed.

You should re-read the tarabot rules (speaking from the clan RK-1 point of view). Members who ninja from the tarabot community are not denied base defense and buffs. They are denied access to tarabot. An entire guild would not be punished for the actions of one member as you claim with base defense. Also, not everyone shares the same 'blacklists'. While you, and a few others, may banish this ninja from your 'buff list' the entire clan community won't. Some people care nothing about tarasque and the policies surroudning tarasque raids. In fact, some people would buff the ninja just to spite the tarasque community.

Again, locking the dungeon does not stop ninjaing 100%. You're arguments are weak and do not stop ninjaing 100%. The issues are unrelated and another method needs be implimented to stop ninjaing in full.

Opposite side-ninjas do not face penalties other than having people who already hate them... hate them.

Let me spell it out for you (god bless your parents if they got you some hooked on phonics):

If you want equal rights to loot, you need to have equal chance of getting shot the f up. It's not like there's a set of dragon armor for 125s and a completely different set for 200s. It's all the same! Same rewards, same risks. That's how it should be.
    The dragon armor is intended for persons level 130 and greater. If Funcom did not intend low levels to wear the armor they would have a greater requirement on the armor. Again, this boils down to 'loot whores' and the high levels feel they are entitled above anyone else, simply because they are higher in level.

Your comebacks are as cliche as your ignorance about Tarasque. Do some homework, you might need an education.
    Yet I'm the one who keeps correcting you.

You are so funny!

You should re-read the tarabot rules (speaking from the clan RK-1 point of view). Members who ninja from the tarabot community are not denied base defense and buffs. They are denied access to tarabot. An entire guild would not be punished for the actions of one member as you claim with base defense.
    I GUARANTEE you that if the Redemption ninja fiasco had taken place during notum wars, they would have had slim backup at any of their base defenses. People were blacklisting their entire organization for the actions of a few. Get a f'n clue, dude!

Again, locking the dungeon does not stop ninjaing 100%. You're arguments are weak and do not stop ninjaing 100%. The issues are unrelated and another method needs be implimented to stop ninjaing in full.
    I cannot shoot a level 120 waltzing through the door that I'm guarding with my life. I'm supposed to be protecting our KTs from Omni ninjas, and all I can do is make faces at people.
    It does stop Omni ninjas, which is all I care about! That is my responsibility... to keep Omni the F out. How can I keep someone out if I can't shoot them. Get off your wannabe forum-king pedestal and READ THE ****ING WORDS I write!

WTF is your in-game name so I can ignore your requests for RRFE! [edit]haha it is your forum name, sweet =D[/edit]

Nenous
    Last edited by Nenous; Dec 27th, 2002 at 03:20:51.

You are so funny!
    I'm not a comedian by trade, nor am I trying to be funny. These are serious issues and I'm providing legitimate arguments to state the position.

I GUARANTEE you that if the Redemption ninja fiasco had taken place during notum wars, they would have had slim backup at any of their base defenses. People were blacklisting their entire organization for the actions of a few. Get a f'n clue, dude!
    Emotions run high in the beginning, of course, so some are bound to think that way at first. That human response is natural. People wanted to ban the entire guild at first, but after everyone cooled down their views changed. I'm sure if towers were up at that time everyone would have been saying, "no tower defense for Redemption," but those views would have ultimatly changed. Again, human nature.

It does stop Omni ninjas, which is all I care about! That is my responsibility... to keep Omni the F out. How can I keep someone out if I can't shoot them. Get off your wannabe forum-king pedestal and READ THE ****ING WORDS I write!
    I've read your words and you keep saying the same thing over and over again; you're selfish and you only care about advancing your own position. This is not about you, this is not about clan, but about everyone in the game.

Ninja looting effects everyone in the game, and ninja looting can be done by anyone in the game. Level locking is a partial solution as it does not take everyone into account. A proper solution to ninja looting must take everyone into account. Therefore, ninja looting has nothing to do with level locking a dungeon and must be dealt with in another mannor.

I would suggest you re-read the latter paragraph a few times in some hope that the concept sinks in your mind. But, you're of the mindset 'less people in the dungeon, more loot for me.' So, the concept of preventing everyone from ninja looting is farthest from your mind.

WTF is your in-game name so I can ignore your requests for RRFE! [edit]haha it is your forum name, sweet =D[/edit]
    You're the only soldier that can buff RRFE?

I'm not a comedian by trade, nor am I trying to be funny. These are serious issues and I'm providing legitimate arguments to state the position.
    Only an ****-retentive person would have responded to that.

Emotions run high in the beginning, of course, so some are bound to think that way at first. That human response is natural. People wanted to ban the entire guild at first, but after everyone cooled down their views changed. I'm sure if towers were up at that time everyone would have been saying, "no tower defense for Redemption," but those views would have ultimatly changed. Again, human nature.
    You conceeded your point to me. Camelot ninja scenarios do spill outside the castle walls.

I've read your words and you keep saying the same thing over and over again; you're selfish and you only care about advancing your own position. This is not about you, this is not about clan, but about everyone in the game.
    How does asking for the ability to shoot people make me selfish?

But, you're of the mindset 'less people in the dungeon, more loot for me.' So, the concept of preventing everyone from ninja looting is farthest from your mind.
    Omg, Sherlock Holmes has done it again! Nevermind that 90% of everyone there is already 150+. The solution is to weed out the 10% or less of the population that is untouchable.

Not checking this post anymore. I declare you defeated. *pelvic thrust*

Nenous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast