Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what is the worst pvp profession

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    There are some tough crat twinks around.

High level game, I have no idea, never seen a crat past 120.
    Theres not alot out there, but the crat's ninja droid can seriously tear **** up!
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Originally posted by Ming

ROFL

NT's are going to seriously own MAs again. I hate that. God I hate that. I'm going to have to restart my "let MA's have a counter to root" crusade all over again. sigh.

I hate enforcers being able to break roots. WHY???? They hit way harder and have waaay more HP. How does that make sense??
    Thats why bows are green home boy.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

MP's aren't uber in PvP. You'd think there would be a ton of apprentices by now if that were the case.

I don't even remember the last time my demon managed to land a hit on a class that can root and that includes the 'crat class who is supposedly so much weaker than us as well as all those "gimpy" NT's.

As far as Nano Shutdown is concerned it gets resisted a bit too often for my taste. Max your nano resistence and you'll see. Besides, in the 11-12 seconds it takes for me to attack and recharge with Nano Shutdown, Id rather unleash my specials, nuke you 3-4 times, shoot you once normally, and let my demon hit you twice (assuming its not rooted or zoned away after some fleeing soldier/fixer/etc.). Most of the fights I win are due to me using skills that really dont have much to do with my class: mainly my weapon. Unless Im fighting a healer, I wouldnt waste 11-12 seconds with Nano Shutdown. Nano Shutdown is for MP's with nothing better do to.

As far as heal pets are concerned. They can be rooted and are also on a long recharge cycle. They don't heal nearly as fast or as much as people like to complain about.

We aren't gods, enough classes have abilities that aim directly at our weaknesses: particularly those with an area slow or area root.

NT's are relatively easy for me if they dont have a good weapon with specials on it, but if I kill them, it probably had little to do with my pets (which are neutralized in 2-3 seconds) or debuffs (which take too long to cast) and more to do with the fact I can unleash an alpha strike on them while nuking them.

If NT's who use pillows or pistols want an even fight, they should go find an MP using those silly creation weapons (a clever way of Funcom from diverting MP's from truly worthy weapons and keeping their damage output in check).

I fear soldiers, traders, and any pet/nuking/healing class with a ranged weapon that has 2-4 specials on it. That pretty much covers everyone with a character designed to PvP well. Rooting classes can neutralize me easily enough, not necessarily kill me. I don't have too much experience fighting melee based characters though. I dont see them too often in political zones.

Merely a Freshmen, 177 MP

As far as Nano Shutdown is concerned it gets resisted a bit too often for my taste.

Unmake MC rocks!!!

NT's are relatively easy for me if they dont have a good weapon with specials on it, but if I kill them, it probably had little to do with my pets (which are neutralized in 2-3 seconds) or debuffs (which take too long to cast) and more to do with the fact I can unleash an alpha strike on them while nuking them.

I just wanted to point out that you say "pets" not "pet"... yes, I can neutralize your demon (thank god), but I cant neutralize your heal pet... the silliest thing I see is when MPs panics and runs when their pets gets rooted... Never run from your heal pet, you will end up rooted yourself and you are to far away from your heal pet to get healed.

And for debuffs to slow... i recall a certain Mind Quake ,-100 to all nano skills being instacast and got 1.82 sec recharge. and does roughly 750-1500 dmg each cast.

If NT's who use pillows or pistols want an even fight, they should go find an MP using those silly creation weapons (a clever way of Funcom from diverting MP's from truly worthy weapons and keeping their damage output in check).

Hehe, yeah, agree.
    NT phone HOME!!

Most of the time, Im not fighting in a 1v1 situation, so if my heal pet gets rooted, chances are, Im not going to notice for at least 2-3 seconds, and in that time I could've run half way across 2HO. (fighting the fight from first person perspective, and the heal pet is always behind me out of sight).
    Last edited by Psiraven; Feb 23rd, 2002 at 09:33:48.

Thats why bows are green home boy.
    Sigh, how many times does this need explaining?

1. Is my bow going to outdamage ANYTHING? NO.

2. Am I going to have it out when I get rooted? No, it disallows brawl and special attacks.

3. The equip time on bows is not so good. By the time I got it up, I'd be half dead. You can't equip while the 7 second recharge is going on from a heal either.

4. This ties in with #1, but since when do MA's have enough IP's to pump them into anything such as bow? In this game you either go balls-out on a skill or don't bother. MA's do NOT have extra IP's to dump into this, even green. You either sacrifice brawl and special attacks and go crazy with the bow, or diddle with bows which is nothing but an IP waste.

The fact is, there is no counter to root for MA's. Quite simply, being rooted is death outside of a tight arena. Again I ask, why would they make the MA so vulnerable and not the enforcer, who hits 10x as hard and has more HP? It just doesnt make a lot of sense. Obviously, those who stand behind the concept of leaving the MA, and adventurer without a valid method of breaking root have never stood there getting nuked while some NT, fixer, trader, or crat laughs at them. It's not fun when there's no counter strategy. All I ask for is a counter.

And before someone says nanoresist let me remind you that NR is a TOTAL and complete IP sink. It's dark blue (for MA's), and ineffective for anyone but an enforcer with it maxxed, implanted, and the rage NR bonus. Maxxed on a MA (as in absolutely maxxed at level 200) it never even comes near the casting skills of an NT. Homeboy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123