Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: side changes are too long

side changes are too long

164 hours is too debilitating when u change sides...
    u lose ur token board which is a big punishment in and or itself
    but 1 week of game time is horrid
    cap side change time to 24 hours

The only reason you'd complain about the time limit is if you wanted to change then change back again... so I have to wonder why... changing side *should* be a big deal, it *should not* be something you can do on a whim...

Go find something real to complain about.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

yes.

yes vapid i wonder why you would want to change sides then change back hmmmm.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Losing your 1k token board isnt a big deal?
    my char was clan to begin with i switched to omni
    i get a little miffed about Omni the other night and i
    wanna see if clan has gotten better which it hasnt
    now i wanna switch back to omni
    im not whining about losing the 1k token board, which is 950 hp, 950np, 210 run , 60 to attack rating, which is a big deal
    But waiting 164 hours is ridiculous
    that's a month of time i calculated at the rate of time most ppl spend in AO

Since the time to change is actual play time not RL time, 164 hrs is a very very long time. If I play 4 hrs a day everyday it will be 41 days before I can change back. That seems a bit excessive to me.

At least they finally changed the descriptions on the Application Forms. They used to say that it lasted for like 1 hr or something, only to find out you had to wait 164 hrs.

give me a break

go afk and let the game run overnight for a while if youre that worried about it

dumbest complaint ever

it isnt dumb
    not when u wanna see what the other side has to offer
    and are willing to take a loss of ur token board
    164 hours is excessive

yes, it is dumb

You could have been neutral until you found which side you wanted. Just because you didn't doesn't mean you get catered to

"164 hours is excessive"

so, for the second time, let the game run while you are away from it

it aint rocket science

I've never changed sides, but suggesting someone should just leave their computer on all night is ridiculous. Many of us are still on modems because broadband isn't available and often have a timelimit. I have to redial in every 4 hours. I can't imagine working through 164 hours to change sides if I decided to try the other side and hate it..

If you wanted to see what the other side had to offer why didn't you start a new character as Clan?

Originally posted by Hodaka
    [B]I've never changed sides, but suggesting someone should just leave their computer on all night is ridiculous. Many of us are still on modems because broadband isn't available and often have a timelimit. I have to redial in every 4 hours.
    How is it ridiculous? Someone wants to ***** about the time for side switching, and I provided a viable solution. What's ridiculous is that everyone in the game has an opportunity to experience both sides and make a decision without ever having to wait 164 hours, yet because they didn't, they want to complain about it.

You can't leave your computer on? Then wait out the time limit, or don't switch sides at all

If you make it shorter then you will have problems.

I think it should in fact be longer. Changing side is no small decision and if it is shorter then you will have those that change side to "infiltrate" the enemy and i would rather not have this game turn into some coniving game pliz.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Sure, you could log on and let the game run, for 8 days straight, not just overnight. Wouldnt 50 hrs still be enough of a deterent while still being managable?

Oh my god, you'll still have to wait over a week!? You poor babies!!

you're missing the point. The system is in place to DETER switching sides, however it's still possible if you REALLY want to.

In other words, don't choose your alliance unless you know what you're getting into. common sense

I agree it should be a deterent, although I have never changed sides or ever will. By the 8 days I meant 8 days non stop logged in, with the same character not just 8 daysof RL time. Its not a simple matter of waiting for the 164 hrs to pass, it has to be in game time.

I'm not too worried about the time limits since as I said, I've never used the forms, nor will I and I did notice that the forms now correctly mention the amount of time it will take. 1 or 2 patches ago (the last time I looked at one of these forms) the form description said it would take only 1 hrs or something. Alot of peoiple used the forms on that info only to find out that it took in fact 164 hrs. That just wasnt right.

I agree that switching sides shouldnt be done lightly, but I also think that a lesser penalty is also in order, but thats just my opion. I guess I could make smart ass or rude comments to those of you with different opinions but whats the point.

Also, does anyone know if they fixed the problem with having these forms as mission objectives? You used to get missions for opposite side forms and would accidentally switch when you double clicked them to pick them up, again leading to alot of people stuck on the wrong side for a very long time.

Hey Vapid, you wouldn't happen to be soldier would you?

Di you go clan to equip Kaehlar sleeves then convert back to Omni?
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

Simple fix: Make sure Omni cant exploit by changing sides then putting on clan items then switching back... make clan items CLAN ONLY and Omni items OMNI ONLY. Simple.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Heh, I would think a side requirement with the new OE rules would make it so if u have a clan thing on and switch to omni it gets 100% OE and therefore 0% effective....

Personally I think the only people who should be able to swap sides more than once are agents, who could be on a mission. Everyone else I think should only be able to swap once, period. After all why would OT trust you again if you had left them to join the clans? and vice verser. This decision is an important one, and should have great ramifications.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by FakoNamo
    By the 8 days I meant 8 days non stop logged in, with the same character not just 8 daysof RL time. Its not a simple matter of waiting for the 164 hrs to pass, it has to be in game time.

Well OBVIOUSLY. If it was only RL time, then making the suggestion to leave the computer on wouldn't have made much sense, would it?

1 or 2 patches ago (the last time I looked at one of these forms) the form description said it would take only 1 hrs or something. Alot of peoiple used the forms on that info only to find out that it took in fact 164 hrs. That just wasnt right.

And I would agree, however, that's not what the original poster complained about.

I guess I could make smart ass or rude comments to those of you with different opinions but whats the point.
    [/B]

right, and "Sure you could let the game run for 8 WEEKS STRAIGHT" didn't have a hint of smartassness in it eh
    Last edited by Slicse; Dec 19th, 2002 at 15:50:29.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast