Thread: My Wife Is An Online Addict

My Wife Is An Online Addict

Married fellas, you need to pay close attention to this post...

Today my wife was telling me about how she pruchased a new chair with a comfort level of 5 to go along with her Chess set that has +3 logic.

Or something like that.

You see, my wife did not really buy a chair, nor did she buy a chess set...At least not a tangible chair or a tangible chess set. For the past few weeks my wife has been Beta testing The Sims Online (er, sort of like how I've been beta testing AO for 15 or so months, heh) and I think she's hooked.

It was then that I realized that over the past year or so, my ramblings about Decranum's armor, Phat Lewt (tm), Tarasque, gankers and uber nanos sounds alot like what she was expressing to me.

We have both reached the level where we are using game terminology in the real world....In entirely inappropriate situations at that.

Last week I told a computer technician from a competitor's company that he needed to "buff up his perception" (I even laughed after I said this and later realized he had no idea what I was talking about), I've mused that I need to put more IP into Intelligence, have told a customer that I would help raise her comp lit (at least that one didn't sound TOO bad), etc.

So my point here is, most married men that I know get at odds with their spouse or significant other for playing too much AO. My solution is to get them hooked on the sims online as revenge.

For one, they will understand your desire to play, and it also gives them something to do while you're playing.

I've reached the level of self control where Im able to stop playing AO and do other things....like work for one, so I can't see this being a problem.

It's also a way for gaming couples to spend time together. Just move the computers together (god, that's actually a sad way to spend time, but I live in the dullest town on earth, ffs) so you can still converse.

But another positive benefit is you have things to talk about. My wife and I live together and work together, so you can imagine that after a half decade, new topics are a rare thing with us. Now, we babble about logic points, IP points, bladder levels, XP levels, etc etc etc. We may not understand what each other are saying, but it's nice to have my needs and addictions understood for once!

Just an idea
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Do you two watch virtual sunsets at Lush resort every night, while munching on tasty bronto burgers?

Bladder levels?

I seriously do not want to know.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Bladder levels. Sims are just like regular people, sometimes they have to go. And sometimes they are too stupid to go for themselves so you have to tell them to. If you dont, they pee all over the floor, then cry about it.

I played the regular game for awhile but after I finished my career tree and bought all the goodies I wanted there was no longer a reason to live, so I killed them. Putting a bookshelf in front of the fireplace is an ok way to kill them. But I found creating a room with windows and no doors is the best way. They sleep in their own **** for about 6 days then they just die

*looks around*

I'm a nice person, really.

Originally posted by Kabiyesi
    Bladder levels. Sims are just like regular people, sometimes they have to go. And sometimes they are too stupid to go for themselves so you have to tell them to. If you dont, they pee all over the floor, then cry about it.

I played the regular game for awhile but after I finished my career tree and bought all the goodies I wanted there was no longer a reason to live, so I killed them. Putting a bookshelf in front of the fireplace is an ok way to kill them. But I found creating a room with windows and no doors is the best way. They sleep in their own **** for about 6 days then they just die

*looks around*

JESUS GOD, YOU DID WHAT TO THEM???

Actually the sims online is better. I played for about an hour, then I took all my current visitors and built a wall around them. Hehehhe, I got to see santa claus wet his pants and that my friends is worth the price of admission!!!

I SAID I DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW!!!

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

I think we should talk about all aspects of the Sims now since Shatai is so interested
    signature ! !

*sets Some Guy's Bladder Level to maximum and traps him next to a fireplace with a well-constructed wall*

Originally posted by Kabiyesi

*looks around*

Hehe, my only experience if the sims has been watching a coworker play it once... But he accidentally found an interesting way of killing them: wait until they go to bed, then block their side of the bed with a piece of furniture.
    They'll stay in bed until they die.
    It's a nice case of natural selection

Originally posted by MORB

Hehe, my only experience if the sims has been watching a coworker play it once... But he accidentally found an interesting way of killing them: wait until they go to bed, then block their side of the bed with a piece of furniture.
    They'll stay in bed until they die.
    It's a nice case of natural selection
    LOL we are warped, you know that?

Can you shave peoples b00ties/armpits in Sims? hmm hope so...

/me wants to shave TheDeacon's wife armpits...

Yummy!

Originally posted by Capelle
    Can you shave peoples b00ties/armpits in Sims? hmm hope so...

/me wants to shave TheDeacon's wife armpits...

Yummy!
    LOL omg Im getting harrassed by a forum n00b!

Besides, I thought you only liked guys. From all the private mesages you've been sending me asking to hold me in your loving arms while watching rock hudson movies, I would have thought that was the case 0.o

Or maybe it's just that you like shaved bodily hair? You seem to be a bit fixated on it...

lol im just messin and btw I wouldnt go for you anyways (even though im not gay...) you got Lola lol why would I want to interfer with that heh

you dont even want to rub my feet? cmon man, rub em just a little...

j/k with ya of course :P

/me wouldnt poke Thedeacon's feet with a 10 f00t pole...

Let Lola rub em... you know shes into that kind of thing