Thread: OT Towers and attacks

OT Towers and attacks

Lately there have been a few post on here aobut OT terrorists and OT attacking clans illegally, and I have been doing something about OT towers, and thought I would share what I came up with, to see what ideas the rest of you have.

Having read the ICC declaration, they have said they opened up mining to private organisations. This I feel is important as it lets clan and neutral organisations mine. However where does it leave Omni, as I find it hard to believe that OT-RK would just let it various depts, apart from Omni-Mine, start up mining operations in competition with omni-mine. So what I think must be happening is that these omni depts are funding holding companies, that offically own the mines, but witht he various dept being the only shareholders. This would mean any attacks by these companies where not actually attacks by Omni-Tek (offically that is) so OT is not doing anything illegal.

as I said, its just a thought, and I would love to hear what other people have thought about on this subject

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Still, Omni employees making the attacks regardless of whether the mines were run by "shadow companies". Ask 50 people from 50 different Omni divisions and I bet most will claim to be loyal Omni employees.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

My thoughts... effectively speaking there are no laws determining what is a 'legal' attack on a tower base and what is an 'illegal' one.

The ICC essentially created a free-for-all, and who was 'right' and who was 'wrong' in this fourth Rubi-Ka civil war will be determined by the victorious side's historians
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    My thoughts... effectively speaking there are no laws determining what is a 'legal' attack on a tower base and what is an 'illegal' one.

The ICC essentially created a free-for-all, and who was 'right' and who was 'wrong' in this fourth Rubi-Ka civil war will be determined by the victorious side's historians
    that's right. The winner wrights the historybooks. Which means the clanners will be blaimed

Have to post it, even though I'm not really affiliated with this clan, but to me, it makes sense and actually kinda involves this issue.

http://www.whispers-edge.com/Forum/p...opic.php?t=676

*sighs deeply with an overwhelming sense of weariness*

I know that I'm not the only one that finds some of these arguements ludicrous...and nearly all of these notum wars the games of children with far too powerful weapons and far too much time on their hands...with no serious consequences.

*wonders how many of these bravado-spouting, chest-beating soldiers of fortune would so willingly and carelessly throw themselves into battle if death on Rubika were permanent*

One would think REASON would eventually prevail...but perhaps not...notum seems to have a much more pronounced effect than testosterone in such quantities that we all inhale.

ICC deregulated mining on Rubika because THEY have the legal authority to do so. In doing so they made it LEGAL to place a mine in an empty spot...ANY empty spot...NO Clan and Neut and Omni 'territories' defined or restricted.

They did NOT proclaim it legal to kill, destroy and steal in order to claim such land. In keeping with other laws elsewhere in the Galaxy it is NOT in ANY way logical to assume that it IS legal to kill and steal in order to acquire property. Like...DUH!!!

Give your guns a rest and let your BRAINS start doing some of the work...perhaps some of you need new head implants using a Shining Genius cluster?

Pardon me for my sarcasm but it is well deserved...I'm beginning to believe peace is more tiresome than war.

Do not give up hope Nelida. Peace will prevail, but we must be strong and beleive in it.

"Let he who is right be out cast from his friends. Let his family and home shun him. For he is the one that will attain greatness, and find the peace he seeks..."

Not an exact quote. But that is from the Bible, an ancient Earth text. It holds quite true. Through out history visionaries that revolutionozed the world have been shunned. And though we may face hardship Nelida. We must remain vigilant...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Nelida
    [BICC deregulated mining on Rubika because THEY have the legal authority to do so. In doing so they made it LEGAL to place a mine in an empty spot...ANY empty spot...NO Clan and Neut and Omni 'territories' defined or restricted.[/B]
    *smiles* OT obviously dont think the ICC has the legal right to do this, since their lawyers are wording an appeal at the moment

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Basically see it all as the ICC is the land lord, OT has the lease for what? another 12-18 months if that, and since OT ain't playing by the rules then the land lord can come and change how they do things on their land.

As for the mining operations it seems that the Clan mines are all being run through Sentinal liberated technology from Omni-Mine, and they seem to have their own system for selling it on. As for Omni and Neut, they are both seemingly selling anything they mine back to Omni-Mine to sell on as they wish. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Neut mines sell their notum via the Clan supply chains but I don't believe many do that (if any) due to where they Neuts are getting their mining equipment from (Omni-Mine).

As for attacks...Omni attacking Neut (for a simple example) is like someone setting fire to the contents of their own bank account...not exactly alot of sense in it as after all even Ross called the neuts "employees" which it seems like some are still working (all be it in an independant nature) for the company.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Clan this,
    Omni that,
    Neuts this other...

*shakes her head in disbelief*

Are you all so mired in your own archaic thought patterns that you can't see we all are nothing but pawns in some larger game?

Why would ICC come waltzing in here and proclaim notum mining open to all of us then turn their backs on the legalities involved and the security to ensure that deregulation proceeded peacefully?

Perhaps this is exactly what Sol Banking and TruSpace Networks wants to happen on this planet?

Perhaps they are waiting in the wings for ALL of us to prove to the Galaxy that none of us are capable of managing this planet in a civilized manner.

A few larger corporations have been pulling strings within the ICC and we are on the ends of those strings...ALL of us.

I'm just amazed that you all are so willing to dance to the tugs and jerks your puppet-masters send down your chains. As long as you fight amoung yourselves you'll never been anything but slaves to larger forces...

Freedom has escaped all of you.

Nyadach, as far as I can tell, OT has been following its lease agreements, and as I pointed out in another thread the ICC CAN'T just change the lease for no reason, it has to have a legal reason for doing so. Personally I think the ICC's attitude towards Rubi-Ka is leading towards another corporate war, but that is another matter.

Also if the clans ARE selling notum to ANYONE but OT, then OT would have total legal rights to move in and shut them down (OT still have a monopoly on the refinement and selling of notum),so I hope for the clans sake you are wrong

And Nelida, jsut so you know, all my posts in this thread are out of character

Hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

The entire economy of the universe revolves around Notum, and if OT can't guarantee the security of mining, then surely the ICC does have the right to open up the mining to everyone and there leet to mine for it. If they didnt then they would be endangering the universes economy. There is more at stake than just some annoyed OT and Clans on Rubi-ka to worry about. What comes first RK or the universal economy? It's a hard balance to make and no matter what someones going to loose out.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Firstly, the economy of the galaxy does not revolve around notum, yes it is the single most important raw material there is, however it is not the only product, and the economy of the galaxy can survive without it, however it would take a huge knock.

Secondly, no the ICC DONT have the right to do anything, unless OT is either in breach of the lease, or suffering penalties for actions elsewhere. The fact that notum is so important is irrelevent, unless OT is doing something against the lease, the iCC doesn't have any legal right to meddle (that doesn't seem to be stopping them though )

However Nelida is right, the ICC is dancing to the tune of a couple of the Hyper Corporations at the moment, and seems to be throwing caution to the wind. I am very interested to see how long it is allowed to carry on along this route before other Corporations join with OT to bring it back into line.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

The ICC is a democratic organisation and the members vote on any moves the ICC makes. The arrival of the peacekeepers was proposed by SBC with OT opposing. There was a vote and here are the peacekeepers, wolves in sheeps clothing? Nice for SBC to have a ready made army here.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Just so you know all my posts are...well just me...I found schizophrenia to be unbecoming and visited an off-planet shrink...since apparently that profession was banned from our planet millenea ago.

And I don't believe any Clan is selling notum to anyone but OT...at least WE has never seen any credits deposited from anyone...OT gave us a boon of some skill increases for mining notum but no credits...they came regularly to empty our storage facilities but never filled our guild bank account...until, that is, they came with weapons one day and destroyed our mining base. Hmmm...kind of odd since all the notum was going to them anyway.

I guess they make and break laws at their whim. Or just ignore the thugs that prance around Rubika under the OT name...either way WE had two of its' higher ql mines ripped from us twice...and both were placed on empty land under the deregulation decree of ICC.

Let's think for a moment...who has been the agressor here?
    Who can claim an interest in peace and prosperity?

Originally posted by lilnymph
    Nyadach, as far as I can tell, OT has been following its lease agreements, and as I pointed out in another thread the ICC CAN'T just change the lease for no reason, it has to have a legal reason for doing so. Personally I think the ICC's attitude towards Rubi-Ka is leading towards another corporate war, but that is another matter.

Also if the clans ARE selling notum to ANYONE but OT, then OT would have total legal rights to move in and shut them down (OT still have a monopoly on the refinement and selling of notum),so I hope for the clans sake you are wrong

And Nelida, jsut so you know, all my posts in this thread are out of character

Hugs

lilnymph

Look, Nyadach...like it or not; OT, Clan or Neutral...we are residents of this planet...some of us can NOT leave least we die without notum. Most of the rest of us simply have no where else in the galaxy to go. This is home, has been for millenea, and will be for millenea for almost all of us. OT is a corporation that has most of its power off-planet. They don't care for those of us here other than that they can take our resources. The same is true for ICC and the other corporations.

Here we fight amoung ourselves as if or fellow residents of Rubika are really our enemies...what utter nonsense. Do you think anyone outside of RK care if we kill each other as long as it doesn't significantly affect notum export? Hell no.

We have a common enemy in those that wish to use us and then discard us. Even OT employees can not be SO dim that they don't understand that they are expendable...if OT is removed from Rubika the employees left here will be no different than the Clanners and Neutrals that refuse to be called OT employees now.

We are ALL in the same boat...that boat is the planet Rubika and there are a LOT of external powers that don't give a fig for our wellbeing, prosperity or freedom.

Exactly how much of the profits from notum export do any of you believe is returned to this planet? What a joke...we are ALL slaves here...including OT empoyees.

Or future is in our solidarity...without which none of us have the faintest chance at any lasting freedom, prosperity or happiness.

Originally posted by Nyadach
    The entire economy of the universe revolves around Notum, and if OT can't guarantee the security of mining, then surely the ICC does have the right to open up the mining to everyone and there leet to mine for it. If they didnt then they would be endangering the universes economy. There is more at stake than just some annoyed OT and Clans on Rubi-ka to worry about. What comes first RK or the universal economy? It's a hard balance to make and no matter what someones going to loose out.