Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Analyzing the Aimed Shot skill.

Originally posted by Letah
    Stop thinking this is RL and we are real surgeons/nurses.
    ^ wut she said
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Letah

Weak fields
    Combat through all means besides nano programs

You are not a combat class.
    You are not supposed to do good dmg.
    You are supposed to excel in healing.

The current state of AS allows the doctor to do awesome dmg aswell as godly healing and hellish init debuffs.

To deny this is foolish.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Re: Letah

Originally posted by Anikitos

You are not a combat class.
    You are not supposed to do good dmg.
    You are supposed to excel in healing.
    I can find the 3rd in the description of doctors, funny that I cant find the first 2 huh? Dont *asume* things just 'because'.

We are good because of heals, doesnt say anything about being good/bad in combat.

besides, my AS wont do any NEAR the dmg an enf, soldier or pvm-ma does.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Claiming that such and such profession should or shouldn't be able to do such and such thing in this fantasy/sci-fi game based 30000 years in the future is downright funny. For instance, how far do you think barbarians with insect parts, sticks or swords for weapons would get against your basic field medic with an M16 on today's battlefield? BWAHAHAHAHA.

Originally posted by Nothinman
    i fought pomy for a few mins the other day : )

her dmg looked like this

2.5k 100/200/50/miss/miss/300/200/2.5k/100/200/50/miss/miss/2.5k

every 15 secs or so a 2.5k + aimed shot with the other dmg being laughable. no wonder u dont want it nerfed : )

i AS ppl for 40% health ALL the time and i want it to be toned down abit.. its rediculous.
    Nerfed is what you mean.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Originally posted by Grupert

Nerfed is what you mean.
    ok fine, nerfed then. right now it doesnt work as it is supposed to.

Like i said nerfing AS would be a big nerf to myself. i REALLY rely on the MASSIVE damage it always does to peopel at full defense etc.

seriously something is wrong tho when your dmg looks like that,

lSUPER UBA MEGA ALL YOUR HP/low/low/miss/miss/miss/miss/low/SUPER UBA MEGA ALL YOUR HP/low/miss/miss/miss/SUPER UBA MEGA ALL YOUR HP/low/miss/miss

this is a skill that needs conceal checks or something else to make it so you earn that massive shot of damage that recycels incredibly fast.

and tho its not entirel true i do agree with anikitos that a doc with an X-3 or Caterwaul will easily outdamage me in pvp with AS alone.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Eh

I dont care about AS getting nerfed or not.

I am just saying that i dont see the Doctor class as a dmg class.

The fact is that Doctors are more then able to inflict large ammounts of dmg on their targets. Combine that with their natural ability to heal forever and init debuffs.....:P

Just stating facts, not asking for nerfs so relax Letah.

1. Do you do a good ammount of dmg in pvp? Yes or no.

2. Can you heal forever? Yes or no.

3. Can you make me hit once a year? Yes or no.

Besides i started a doc now, lvl 44!
    I cant wait to rule everything!

P.S
    Docs are indeed a fine class. I enjoy the healing part and its alot different then the enforcer.
    Enforcer is allways on the frontline in pvm. Doctors at my lvl...are only healing and taking care of the ppl.
    Also, once i lost a team member i actually felt like ****.
    How do you docs deal with it?
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

ok fine, nerfed then. right now it doesnt work as it is supposed to.

Like i said nerfing AS would be a big nerf to myself. i REALLY rely on the MASSIVE damage it always does to peopel at full defense etc.

seriously something is wrong tho when your dmg looks like that,

lSUPER UBA MEGA ALL YOUR HP/low/low/miss/miss/miss/miss/low/SUPER UBA MEGA ALL YOUR HP/low/miss/miss/miss/SUPER UBA MEGA ALL YOUR HP/low/miss/miss

this is a skill that needs conceal checks or something else to make it so you earn that massive shot of damage that recycels incredibly fast.

and tho its not entirel true i do agree with anikitos that a doc with an X-3 or Caterwaul will easily outdamage me in pvp with AS alone.
    It is working as it should. It is fine as it is. And 40% is not massive, 75% is, 100% is. How about this - we make more than one special = 40%? Like FA/Burst/Fling total no more than 40%? Or brawl, dimach combined = 40%? Sounds good to me! Lets also remove TMS! And Nulity! And GA!
    Better idea yet: Why don't you crawl back into your hole in the ground and stay there until you can come up with improvements, not nerfs that would kill the Agent profession.

RK1

rofl.. nerfing AS would be a big nerf to me, it is my best special even better then burst.

if it was changed. hypothetically, agents would benifet. Doesn't it make you even a little mad when a doc/nt/solder/anyonewithASgun can Aimed shot as good or better then an agent?

it doesnt bother you when people Aimed shot your agent to death, and your the agent? I would like to see the skill changed so that agents are the best at aimed shot, and if you want to still aimed shot you can. but it wil ltake abit more work and probably wont be as good as the agent.

I don't know exactly what this change would be but if i was in charge it wouldnt be a nerf.. i just said that cause i was slightly annoyed :P

my point being that agents are supposed to be good at aimed shot, right now any class can be equally as good at aimed shot as well.. especially soldiers with supernovas.

it is not quite working as intended in my eyes. ill leave it at that.
    Last edited by Nothinman; Dec 24th, 2002 at 20:29:34.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

rofl.. nerfing AS would be a big nerf to me, it is my best special even better then burst.

if it was changed. hypothetically, agents would benifet. Doesn't it make you even a little mad when a doc/nt/solder/anyonewithASgun can Aimed shot as good or better then an agent?

it doesnt bother you when people Aimed shot your agent to death, and your the agent? I would like to see the skill changed so that agents are the best at aimed shot, and if you want to still aimed shot you can. but it wil ltake abit more work and probably wont be as good as the agent.

I don't know exactly what this change would be but if i was in charge it wouldnt be a nerf.. i just said that cause i was slightly annoyed :P

my point being that agents are supposed to be good at aimed shot, right now any class can be equally as good at aimed shot as well.. especially soldiers with supernovas.

it is not quite working as intended in my eyes. ill leave it at that.
    Truth be told? No, it does not bother me. That is the way this game was designed. And, almost 2 years into the game, it is abit late to change. Because if you did, then the whole system would need changing.
    Old saying, role up a agent and level him/her/it to say 125 or so, and see what it is like to walk in our shoes firsthand. Then you may understand why many of us old timers get touchy when outsiders suggest changes that would kill us off....

RK1

Originally posted by Grupert

Truth be told? No, it does not bother me. That is the way this game was designed. And, almost 2 years into the game, it is abit late to change. Because if you did, then the whole system would need changing.
    Old saying, role up a agent and level him/her/it to say 125 or so, and see what it is like to walk in our shoes firsthand. Then you may understand why many of us old timers get touchy when outsiders suggest changes that would kill us off....
    played an agent to 112.. but didnt pvp with him much. AS is fine in pvm atm because you need conceal.. something most classes cant touch and dont have buffs for. but in pvp it is kinda borked : )

heh and hwo many changes to the game have they made to other classes and pvp in general that happened 1+ years into the game : ) LLTS's, crits, hafl dmg, etc..
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

I find it kinda laughable when a support proff takes a gun with aimed shot and ALL their damage comes from that one special.

4.4k, 12, 10, 12, 11, 10, 10, 11, 12, 10, 3.2k, 12, 10, 12, 11, 10, 10, 11, 12, 10, 3.7k, 12, 10, 12, 11, 10, 10, 11, 12, 10, 3.5k, 12, 10, 12, 11, 10, 10, 11, 12, 10, 4.1k, ect ect ect.

Seems kinda loopy and stupid the way it works doesn't it?

meh
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Wait...stop...timeout. I heard those two words again: "support profession". There are no designated "support" profs in a game where anyone can equip a weapon. If this was EQ where Clerics couldn't wield a bunch of weapons simply because they were Clerics, then maybe the words "support profession/class" have meaning. In AO, there is no such thing. While certain professions are better suited to perform support roles based on their nano formula library & skill template, anything is possible with the limited amount of flexibility in the skill system.

As for the beloved/hated AimedShot? It is very peculiar how you usually need to be concealed to get an AimedShot off in PvM, yet you can announce your presence and then AimedShot in PvP. While you do not actually need to be concealed to use AimedShot in PvM due to lag and other inefficiencies, having it gives you much more freedom in deciding when to use it. In PvP, I don't feel that AimedShot should require Concealment, but I do feel that they should be related in that AimedShots done while concealed should hit for much more damage than AimedShots done while visible.
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Sredni
    I find it kinda laughable when a support proff takes a gun with aimed shot and ALL their damage comes from that one special.

4.4k, 12, 10, 12, 11, 10, 10, 11, 12, 10, 3.2k, 12, 10, 12, 11, 10, 10, 11, 12, 10, 3.7k, 12, 10, 12, 11, 10, 10, 11, 12, 10, 3.5k, 12, 10, 12, 11, 10, 10, 11, 12, 10, 4.1k, ect ect ect.

meh
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Eh

1. Do you do a good ammount of dmg in pvp? Yes or no.
    Nope, no way, else we docs could gank, our dmg is a needle, but we prick you with the needle for an hour long and you will die. This is according the Ao site too.

We win because of:

2. Can you heal forever? Yes or no.
    Not forever, but yeah, rather long, this is our power according to the AO-site too.

3. Can you make me hit once a year? Yes or no.
    I make you slower, yes, also according to the AO-site.

3 quotes, and they all describe 'doctor' as Funcom sees it, sounds perfectly fine. I got 800 atk, most others have at least 1100ish.

P.S
    Docs are indeed a fine class. I enjoy the healing part and its alot different then the enforcer.
    Enforcer is allways on the frontline in pvm. Doctors at my lvl...are only healing and taking care of the ppl.
    Also, once i lost a team member i actually felt like ****.
    How do you docs deal with it? [/B]
    Welcome to the world of doctors, frustration, depression and.. fun Nothing like saving your team from the edge of death, nothing like the sadness when someone dies in a team. It are the 2 extremes and it works like a drug; welcome to the fun of doctors.

Oh, with that in mind (feeling so sad), understand why us docs are so pissed at the healcap now? I cant heal my lvl 140 guildy and a 'lesser doc' (lvl 180 for example, lol) can.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Letah

One thing i dont get...this is little off topic by the way.

I go into a mission and become the shadow of the tank, allways near him.

Team for some stupid reason splits up and i still follow the tank
    Suddenly we got 2 teams inside mission and the one without me are about to die.
    They scream HEAL ME DOC....and i am like how do i do that ffs.
    The guy dies but my tank lives.
    He sends me hate tells, puts me on ignore and leaves team.

HOW IS IT MY FAULT THAT HE DIED WHEN I TOLD THEM THAT I WILL BE WITH THE TANK 100% OF THE MISSION TIME.
    I WAS EVEN TRY TO REACH HIM BUT I COULD NOT LEAVE MY TANK TO DIE EITHER.....HOW IS IT MY FAULT.

P.S
    Letah you CAN heal forever so drop it! :P
    And you dont do little dmg with AS...you do awesome dmg!
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by Sredni

meh
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Oh jees im just gunna say STFU and wait your turn for one of those 'uber weapons'.

Combat Doc, there you go.

Now where is my healing enforcer tank thing?

Re: Letah

One thing i dont get...this is little off topic by the way.

I go into a mission and become the shadow of the tank, allways near him.

Team for some stupid reason splits up and i still follow the tank
    Suddenly we got 2 teams inside mission and the one without me are about to die.
    They scream HEAL ME DOC....and i am like how do i do that ffs.
    The guy dies but my tank lives.
    He sends me hate tells, puts me on ignore and leaves team.

HOW IS IT MY FAULT THAT HE DIED WHEN I TOLD THEM THAT I WILL BE WITH THE TANK 100% OF THE MISSION TIME.
    I WAS EVEN TRY TO REACH HIM BUT I COULD NOT LEAVE MY TANK TO DIE EITHER.....HOW IS IT MY FAULT.

P.S
    Letah you CAN heal forever so drop it! :P
    And you dont do little dmg with AS...you do awesome dmg!
    Hehe yes that happens, thats the flamey part of playin the profession Your wanted but people think we are gods, and they think they are with a doc When teams wander off I always say Im with <%t> since hes tank, so no healing for ppl that dont follow.

PS, AS is not always high, I shoot for low a lot too

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Oh I could rant on about docs all day, not every doc, just those oese who think they should be respected cuz they 'keep the team alive' when your mongo has ticked 8 times in a row on 2 second intervals and still no heal, or when they run off for the next mob leaving you at 10% hp or something stupid.

Then you 'kindly' as the doc to heal you and its all IM A MEAN MOTHER ****ING DOC DONT YOU TELL ME HOW TO PLAY.

And asking a doc if they know what /assist macro is, dont try that, they eat you alive i swear ;(

dont bite me letah *hides*
    Last edited by Rioko; Dec 26th, 2002 at 14:59:23.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast