Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Analyzing the Aimed Shot skill.

Originally posted by Riokou
    Just we have no decent buffs, or sneak attack addings items.
    Yep we have played for over a year with it, but they can always change it.

Tho we get to chose not so good weapons, and get a half as good sneak attack(as), and fast attack (fling). Oh yeah and Dimach (FA wannabe).

lol..Well, there is a SA attack buff. Believe it or not, it comes from a profession that has it as a dark blue skill and is never used.

Fixer. Backpain, it adds 64 sneak attack Its more of a joke buff fixers cast on each other when they see each other around.

As far as dimach goes omg its nowhere near FA...FA is debatably the worst pvp special next to fling when fighting people that are good in pvp and know how to use the agg/def bar...It's been nerfed so much and the crit nerf didnt help it :S

As far as good weapons go....QB, PR, EoT, beams, sticks, blackstaff, EQB...that is a goddamn arsenal, now ill stick with zerosignal on this one - 'Oi, where is the ranged weapon's store!?' :P
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Riokou

And doctors can, 'heal' imaginery health points.
    And people dont die when shot stupid amount of times.

Yeah
    Good, you got my point

Oh please!

Ma Whine INC:

Bow Special Attack : Resisted (does about 600dmg)
    Aimed Shot: Ranging from 400 - 2800 (colamonster,hihi)
    Dimach: Parried.. *CRIES*
    Brawl: Fair Special. Does .. decent dmg
    Ma Special: Resisted

Run AWAY!

*goes full def, and runs for the zone exit*

Don't take my aimed away, puweeese?
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Looking at that screenshot, it could be easily assumed that AS somehow violates the damage caps. I know that in PvM it caps at 10k. Shouldn't it cap at 5k in PvP? Hmmmm....
    /me thinks some people shouldn't believe everything they read on forums..

Just because dmg is 50%, doesn't mean its 50% after cap..

All I take for granted is, dmg is halfed, and max you can do is 40% the persons hp..
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Originally posted by Sbje
    Just because dmg is 50%, doesn't mean its 50% after cap..

All I take for granted is, dmg is halfed, and max you can do is 40% the persons hp..
    Yepp, true.
    moon meeh

Stromm...

This made me laugh...

As far as good weapons go....QB, PR, EoT, beams, sticks, blackstaff, EQB...that is a goddamn arsenal, now ill stick with zerosignal on this one - 'Oi, where is the ranged weapon's store!?' :P

Its funny that you only took enforcer weapons in there!
    There are other good weapons on the market as well!

I tell you what i find very funny here.
    When i duel a doc its like...crap dmg, crap, crap, crap...BANG AS..crap crap crap crap crap...BANG AS...crap...

You get the idea.
    Even with EQB i could not kill a "certain" doc....
    Doc was selfbuffed and i had...RRFE on.

Now dont tell me i suck because i can kill just about anyone.

Doc killed me with only AS.

I hate CH. :P

Init debuff, nuff said.

Just thought of sharing this with you guys....

Loves and kisses....

Anikitos

P.S
    QB, EQB, Beam, Sticks are not enf only...
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Yeah, I kill people with merely my AS and dots. No dots against enfs though. You want to know how long those fight last? You dont In mass pvp its just an extra lil dmg not more.

Change AS and even MORE people go Manex..

remember the old primus-looks *everyone* had on RK?

Booooooooooooooooring.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Heh

I dont care if they change AS or not...:P

Just stating facts Letah.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Re: Heh

Originally posted by Anikitos
    I dont care if they change AS or not...:P

Just stating facts Letah.
    CAreful what you dont care for; be it one that is super-good and the rest moderate, or be it one is moderate and the rest is weak; you'll stand out and make yourself likely to be nerfed

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Bleh! :P

Buuu LETAH!

The board is filled with whining cry babies looking to be uber, what else is new Letah?

I cant change that...neither do i care about them!

Besides you got nothing to worry about. They wont do anything about AS and you will continue being the living god you are with CH, init debuffs...hehe
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

You can't use Letah as an example.
    She's not human, so she doesn't count.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

I am a soldier, and right now Aimed Shot is my best special.

Is it Kinda Fubar? yep.. Lately it seems to be super uber, I rely on it to take out enfs or pretty much every other profession but trader in duesl. in mass pvp it does 40% every damned time.

It is getting a tad rediculous though. fighting nt's docs traders etc etc etc.. with guns that recharge AS fast.

2,6kAS,100,54,miss,miss,100,250,100,56,90, 2.6kAS.

IT consistantly does mega damage where Full auto seems to do jack squat lately.. (might change my mind now that im using boosted)

There is something funny about aimed shot right now. and even though it is my best special and i love it. for the sake of game balance maybe FC should look at stepping it down slightly. or make it so agents are much better at it then docs with ithikas or traders.

This SS is of a Full auto. this is so rare that i F11'ed it... AS does this everytime

http://members.shaw.ca/mike81/FA.JPG

p.s. and fryli. even though you can argue descriptions mean nothing in refereance to trader vs enforcer.. buut you cannot argue with facts.

fact. soldier has green weapon skills, blue tradeskills, 100% offense/defense buffs.

fact. Trader has blue weaponskills, green tradeskills, tradeskill and tradeskill related buffs.

how can you argue that the trader gets those skill sets, and buffs and still destroys soldiers 30 levels higher then them with ease? all im asking for is a few ppl to admit how the system is messed up in this case.
    Last edited by Nothinman; Dec 17th, 2002 at 19:53:39.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Nothinman
    I am a soldier, and right now Aimed Shot is my best special.

Is it Kinda Fubar? yep.. Lately it seems to be super uber, I rely on it to take out enfs or pretty much every other profession but trader in duesl. in mass pvp it does 40% every damned time.

It is getting a tad rediculous though. fighting nt's docs traders etc etc etc.. with guns that recharge AS fast.

2,6kAS,100,54,miss,miss,100,250,100,56,90, 2.6kAS.

IT consistantly does mega damage where Full auto seems to do jack squat lately.. (might change my mind now that im using boosted)

There is something funny about aimed shot right now. and even though it is my best special and i love it. for the sake of game balance maybe FC should look at stepping it down slightly. or make it so agents are much better at it then docs with ithikas or traders.

This SS is of a Full auto. this is so rare that i F11'ed it... AS does this everytime

http://members.shaw.ca/mike81/FA.JPG

p.s. and fryli. even though you can argue descriptions mean nothing in refereance to trader vs enforcer.. buut you cannot argue with facts.

fact. soldier has green weapon skills, blue tradeskills, 100% offense/defense buffs.

fact. Trader has blue weaponskills, green tradeskills, tradeskill and tradeskill related buffs.

how can you argue that the trader gets those skill sets, and buffs and still destroys soldiers 30 levels higher then them with ease? all im asking for is a few ppl to admit how the system is messed up in this case.
    Rather than call for a nerf that would affect Agents the most, get FC to fix yours, lest people call for more misinformed soldier nerfs.
    And it does not do 40% all the time. Many a time I have hit for minimum damage, or miss completly.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Originally posted by Grupert

Rather than call for a nerf that would affect Agents the most, get FC to fix yours, lest people call for more misinformed soldier nerfs.
    And it does not do 40% all the time. Many a time I have hit for minimum damage, or miss completly.
    i just said that i wanted agents to be better at AS then soldiers, Docs, traders, Nt's etc.

right now anyone with a AS gun is uber with it.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Nothinman

i just said that i wanted agents to be better at AS then soldiers, Docs, traders, Nt's etc.

right now anyone with a AS gun is uber with it.
    I wouldn't say make Agents better than anyone else at AS simply because they are Agents. Make the AimedShot less powerful when executed while unconcealed. Make it hit harder when the shot is fired while concealed. It is that simple. No one can conceal like an Agent....

...I'm still mad about only hitting that doc for 780 points of damage when I had my gun pointed at the back of his head from 1m away and he was sitting down without any clue that I was even there....
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Morthoseth
    Excellent insight, and I havea quick question:

If perception when zoning, LOS, etc were actually adressed and
    fixed (However unlikely) what would you *then* think of linking
    conceal to aimedshot? This is, of course, hypothetically speaking.
    Morth, you gotta get away from linking conceal to AS man. Its a very very bad thing. It won't work. AS works after almost a year of FC screw-ups with it. We don't need them screwing it up again for another year.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Originally posted by Naraya

I wouldn't say make Agents better than anyone else at AS simply because they are Agents. Make the AimedShot less powerful when executed while unconcealed. Make it hit harder when the shot is fired while concealed. It is that simple. No one can conceal like an Agent....

...I'm still mad about only hitting that doc for 780 points of damage when I had my gun pointed at the back of his head from 1m away and he was sitting down without any clue that I was even there....
    yeah or make conceal make your AS hit better.. because agents have a distinct advantage here that would be great.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Nothinman, undoubtedly you were using a hellspinner if an omni soldier can get AR that high with any weapon of theirs it's got to be a 100% AR weapon. I should have mentioned in my other FA rants that hellspinner is among one of the only good FA weapons because it isn't so crit related - not to say it wasnt nerfed otherwise, but it works better for that gun. Imho since thats a soldier weapon, a weapon belonging to a profession with ****ty healing skills they only use vs 1 or 2 professions in pvp im sure youd agree w/ me you should be doing that damage on a normal basis.

About Enforcer vs Doctor...

Ok, what hp does a doc got selfbuffed? id imagine, with low body dev colored skill, 7k? 8k? w/ good armor and tower benefits as well as their own really good HP buffs including temp.

If you hit for 40% their HP every time with the EQB, within 2 hits they will get scared and CH immediately becuase the next hit will be a kill. Their HP will go down like nothing compared to a beam or the regular QB...they'll be out of nano in no time having to heal in less the time it takes for their nano delta implants to recover them a bit...

Also i suggest you try this EQB thing with more docs, but i do know that since the challenger patch its possible for a 199 atrox enforcer to kill a 200 nanomage doctor, i saw it myself in mmd, letah vs earthmonster. He uses sticks, of course. That may not have been an EQB but its still what he used to kill a doctor.

Its true those aren't enf only weapons, but most other professions that dont have the run speed you and i do and the HP you have wouldn't even think of going near melee fighting at higher levels with the prominence of roots and snares later on that cannot be broken out of as fast as rage can. That is why i classify those as 'enforcer weapons.'

Edit: Ranged weapons? How many, exactly, can you think of that people use as mainstay and not swap weapons that get bugged out? We lost half our arsenal after the crit nerf, throw ranged users a bone. Nowadays people use manex, ithaca's AS or MCS for ranged weaponry. Sometimes the CHS but that weapon isnt too great anymore. Not even soldiers have much more to choose from than that. So the amount of choice 9 other professions have for ranged weaponry is less than what the enforcer profession has total. GOOD weapons, i'm talkin...
    Last edited by Stromm; Dec 17th, 2002 at 21:04:06.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

So lets make AS Agent only or work only when uber consealed...
    But in the same pach FC should remove the 1(2)00% crittbuff Agents got to sort of make them "uber" when it came to being snipers and hitting crittical... now removing it would be fair would it not?

Stromm

We got great weapons, yes.
    No argument here, EQB/PR is some of the best weapons out there.

I have tested vs docs, i cant beat them plain and simple.
    Not selfbuffed, i have never beaten a doc selfbuffed.
    With rrfe, he, jobe and some other buffs....a big maybe.

Its not the CH that gives me trouble. I dont care about that...let them heal all they want. What makes me loose, every time, is the init debuff.

Without init debuff i can take them on..no sweat. Lets see how they can try to outheal EQB dmg...with my attack rating.

So you see, my problem has nothing to do with CH.

Then again other proffesions would say, i cant beat enforcer because he has EQB/rage/mongo..etc etc. :P

I dont want anyone nerfed.
    What i am saying is that init debuff against a EQB user...will kill the EQB user unless he is uber buffed and does a good timed dimach or something.

And yes i pick Letah because she is one of the toughest docs i have seen.......haha

Thx to AS and only AS....doc can do dmg to me and i mean GOOD DMG to me. I thought docs where not suppose to do good dmg!

Anyway, just stating facts from my personal experience.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast