Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Massive RP Story!

Processus

Early Friday morning; December 13, 29476

With a slight sigh, she oopened the refrigerator's door to take a cold beer inside, before walking to the couch in the living-room, sitting heavily on the dark cushions. She just had to raise her head a little to be able to see the holographic display mounted on the term, on the other side of the room, its lights regularly flashing and dancing. Another tiring day was now behind her, a day that had really been full of... surprises. Finding out that this cave in Clon**** had been full of angry Clanners instead of the few scum she was expecting to run into had been the least of all - all in all, she had easily outrun them, as usual, not even looking back to see which of them was trying to follow her in the narrow white passages. The hardest of all had been this hour spent in Rompa's, comforting this poor fellow who so much wanted to die - it had reminded her of Heiji so much that preventing herself from crying in front of him had been harder than ever. She had been glad, at least, to notice that a quick trip to Reclaim had managed to put his ideas back when they were supposed to be; next time, he'd think twice before 'tripping' on his sword and find himself in a mess at the other end of the world.

High time I take some rest... the Fixer distraitly thought, opening her can of beer. The hot shower she had just taken fortunately seemed to have some effect on her, and she thought that, maybe tonight, she could leave work aside a little and really sleep - screw the Grid monitoring, the inquiries, and all the rest. She stayed sitting in the couch for a long moment, dreamingly fixing the ceiling, thinking that she may even fall asleep right there. A few more minutes before the program compilation was over, and she could upload it to her deck; after this... well, good night, sweet dreams, and all that followed.

The term display suddenly flashed, attracting her attention, as one of the Nezumi rotes she had sent in the Grid was coming back to her. With another annoyed sigh, Jen slowly got up from the couch, walking toward the term, to see what it had found. Several strings of text, explaining what Nezumi had found, then turning into a graphic interface so that the young woman would be able to understand it better...

The Fixer slumped on the chair, her fingers automatically beginning to run on the datapad again; the more she was reading, the more stunned and horrified she was becoming, her lips silently moving, forming words that she couldn't let out. She almost felt as if her heart was missing a beat when Heiji gave what could have been the equivalent of a mental start, frightening her; he was reading too, of course - seeing through her eyes - and, fortunately or not, understanding faster and better than her. Oh no. No. No... The inner voice was muttering, again and again. Look at this, Jen-chan. This schemes... not matching anymore. It's changed. Altered...

"...Like a sort of virus..." she whispered, remembering what he ahd told her, not so long ago. Of course, she wasn't a Doc and never had been, but long years spent hacking here and there, and above all, long years spent with Heiji, had taught her their lot of useful things. The human brain wasn't meant to understand directly the complex schemes that were forming the cell patterns, just as it couldn't understand machine language without having to alter itself to what could be a point of no turning-back; but the Nezumi program, once told what to look for, would decrypt and analyze every correspondence and difference, allowing both Fixers, the dead and the living one, to see - to see, and to understand.

"...Who the hell let this friggin' psycho of a BASTARD on KA!" Jen suddenly screamed, hitting the desk with her clenched fist, sending a wave of pain in her whole hand and forearm. It took her a moment to clear her mind of the shock she had received, and when she had done so, she realized in astonishment that she had taken on her clothes again, buckled her holster at her waist, and was now running through the dark streets of Trade District.

Wait, wait, gal, wait - get a hold on hyerself again, dammit! she thought, coming to a halt. She didn't even know what she was doing, where she was headed to. The only thing that mattered, the only thought pounding in her head, was to find Raquel, although she could very well see that the Agent's link was silent on her comm. No wonder - it was almost 5 am, and she was of course in bed, or so Jen hoped.

Aya!...

But Aya Nakazawa was silent too, and so the Fixer began to browse through the lists she had of all the people who could help. She was emembering of all the reports Raquel had sent... of the od things that were happening since the past week and even before this... of Saar's disappearance, of the conversation she had had with the woman she now considered as a sister... of the way she had to rub this dan wound, the helll with it, what's happening, what this psycho's done to her, damn, damn... what's happening!... Drawing a long, deep breath, she tried to calm herself, and quickly waked to the whompa leading to the Entertainment District; that was the place she'd find someone, though she wasn't really intent on letting much of this affair slip out for the moment. Nezumi had caught her attention again, and she briefly opened a link with the module which, from the Grid and from her personal term at home, was going on with the analyzis it had begun to show.

<Subject located, coordinates 870 x 400, moving. Follow signal?>

<Yes>

As usual, the streets were still quite animated, as people coming from and to various part of the planet, no matter what the timezone, were making their way and minding their businesses in the capital. Jen ran past the Bronto Burger, past the north Grid terminal, reaching the street leading to Rompa's, for the second time since the day had begun. She knew what she'd find there, although not in which circumstances, and she was becoming quite anxious now. Don't panick. Dont panick. He won't do anything to you. I won't let him, Jen. I won't. He can't. Heijihimself knew he was sounding awfully awkward, but she still thanked him for trying to comfort her.

And there he was - the man - this frigging psychopath who had dared to touch Raquel. She had spotted him as soon as she had walked into the bar, and what he was up to... Fear crept in her stomach for a second, before she suppressed the feeling, not allowing her to show any weakness. Not to him, not to this freaking nano-mage hissing to the ear of on of the poor customers. Ah, yes, she recognized her, even if she hadn't talked to her - Westernmary, was her callsign? A pretty girl in a long red dress, a girl that had ben in earlier in the evening, sitting not very far from her own booth. He had his hands on her... his mouth, against her neck... doing to her what he already had to...

"You!" Jen growled between her grinded teeth, drawing her Gamma Ejector in a quick move and pointing it at the man's head. He froze, turning to her in a slow gesture that was awfully frightening. His eyes, reddish eyes ina death-pale face marked with wrinkles, half-hidden by the shadowy hood.... He turned, hissed, and suddenly ran away, toward the bar's exit. But running from a Fixer... She hoped the girl would be alright, and immediately followed, knowing it was her chance to catch him, running, running past the door, through the streets again, her gun still in the hand. He was leading her to the sewers, and she allowed herself a quick smirk; the sewers had no secrets for her, and in fact, it didn't even surprise her. If what Raquel had written in her report was true... if what Nezumi had found was true... he was certainly as afraid as herself was, though not for the same reasons.

5.30 am...

((written by Demenzia))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 16th, 2002 at 23:13:48.

Shadowplay

Friday morning; December 13, 29476

"Ssssss I am all around you yesss..." hissed a creepy voice in her comm, all of a sudden, and she knew without even checking the callsign that it was him. Jen paused for a second, checking for his signal on her radar. He was behaving... quite oddly; running away, then stopping, as if waiting for her to catch up, as soon as she tried to hide between the shadows. Running away, but still...

"Yeah. I know", the Fixer answered on a sarcastic tone. Could he be unaware of the fact that she exactly knew where he was standing? "So mind if we have a chat, Mistah?"

"Sssss...." was the only answer. So he wanted to play with her? With a snarl, she entered a few commands on her wristpad, jumped on one of the small walls surrounding a group of shacks, still checking for his signal. The Yalmaha soon hovered near her, and she took her place on the pilot's seat again; this way, he really wouldn't be able to run away from her.

"What isss it you ned my dear hmmm?...."

"Ya surely know", the Fixer coldly answered. " Ya seem to have some... business with one of my friends."

"Ssssessssmraaa..."

"Yeah. An' I'd be very sory if somethin' was to happen to her. What did ya do to her?"

"You threaten me hmmm ohh my dear sss do not court the devil ssss", he said, and she felt like he was barely suppressing a laugh. He wa smocking her. But she wasn't of those who could be that easily frightened.

"Ain't a threat yet. The threat comes only if yer meanin' harm to her", Jen laughed in turn. Let's play his game, if this could make him speak longer. <Nezumi. Immediate datascan, bioscan, callsign recording. Target: Damon "Demoneyes" Clyburn. Proceeed and record.>

"No harm ssshall come by my handssss noooo, I merely gave her the esssence of my legacy yesss, for usss to unite when ssshe passess in dark embrace to my armsss."

For a few seconds, she stayed silent, stunned by his words. As much as lunatic rantings as it sounded, it was clearly, desperately matching some of the thins she had suspected since looking at the Nezumi report. Once having getting rid of the meta-physicist crap around this... For Grid's sake, she couldn't prevent herself from making regular comparisons with her own domains of action. Which led her, inevitably, to the Docs area as well.

"...Dark embrace my ass!" Jen finally exclaimd, unable to keep it for herself any longer. "I ain't so dumb that i can't recognize sh'it when I see some!"

"Ssss but what hassss your father have to do with thissss", Clyburn cackled, catching her off-guard for a second. myfather?....

"What the hell yer babbling. I dunno what the crap yer up to, Mistah "Demoneyes". But ya'd better not touch Raquel again". Let's not stray from the topic. She was concerned about Raquel - not about a stranger.

"Do you wissh to dance with the devil hmmm my dear yes? Then prepare to embrace the consssequencesss hahahahaaaha! yess I am all around you yess, annnn and your father I sssseee... ahhh sssleeping sooo sssoudly yesss...."

This time, Jen coldn't prevent a cold chuckle. "Oooh, I see. rynna impress meh, huh." Her father. What could he know of her father... the man, the stranger whose face she didn't even remember anymore, the ****head who had left when she was barely three, forcing Mommy into hell... forcing herself into hell!...

"But what isss this, in the ssssshadow of his chamber, yesss a pistol yessss being drawn ever sssso ssssslightly yesssss...." Clyburn was cackling again. The Fixer coldly smirked, once again. That was pure crap. He was trying his dumb luck with her too, and that was... reminding her of something. 'Being a good prophet doesn't mean that one can see the future. It means that one can make his prophecies come true...'

"I'm gonna something", she smiled. "If there's any 'father' I've left, I dun care. So speak yer crap to someone else." And that much for Clyburn's try to impress her, as he had done with poor Quinn.

"Sssssss come dance with me my dear yessss and entwine in the darknessss within", he chuckled, going on, spewing his nonsense.

"Ya could be surprised", and she chuckled too. "Let's go. Show me that."

"It will come ssssooon enough yesss."

Jen sighed for herself; this was becoming tiring.

"For the last time. Why did ya do this to my sis?! Whatcha wanna with her? *Why* her?!"

"Ssssss for sssshe will be one with me assss ssshe passsses, for within her resssssidessss a darkening, yesss a ssshadow yessss, that not all possssesss, that isssss why."

Matching DNA data. Close enough for his... for his cells to infect her! A matter of compatibility. Just like... yes. Just like a certain program can only run within a certain system, or not being recognized nor installed... Heiji rowned. She knew that while she was talking, he was keeping contact with the Nezumi, and going on himself with developing theories and trying to understand better.

"Ya tell that to someone else!" the Fixer exclaimed again. "Ya infected her with yer feckin' friggin' twisted strains of DNA, dat's what *I* see!"

And there, he suddenly was. Standing on the corner of the wall. She couldn't help herself, and ordered the slim aircraéft to stop, jumping out of it, all of a sudden, to land deftly behind the nanomage. Demoneyes simply turned, in this frightening calm of his, and before she could move, reached for her hand before nodding, as if by this simple gesture he had been able to know in a second all that there was to know about her. Frightening. The tight knot in her stomach grew stronger; it was becoming hard to keep on this mask of coldness and self-confidence. Not when his red eyes were looking as if he wanted to bury a way throughher head. Yet... yet he was slightly anxious too, and Je suddenly understood why. 6 am! Dawns coming!...

"Afraid of sunlight, dear?" she smirked. Clybburn muttered something, something sounding like "I cannot be when the ssssun arissses", and ran away once again. "Oh yes!" Jen shouted after him. "Go! Run! Hide! Ya dun like it, huh. I warn ya, Clyburn! Ya won't have her!"

"Run", she said on their private comm channel again, before laughing. She was running after him again now, wildly, with the weird feeling that it was like a sort of game. The sewers were a good place to take shelter during the day, indeed. And now, she knew it too." Take shelter, as ya say. In the meantime, I'll find how to help Raq. I tell ya, I swear it!"

"It isss complete, there issss no help to give sssss it isss too late", Demoneyes quietly answered. Her heart missed a beat again; she didn't want to believe him, no matter what he was saying. She'd help Raquel. She had to!...

"...Then I'll revert it. It ain't complete! As long as i'm alive, I'm gonna help her! Ya friggin' bloodsucker won't have her."

His voice took on a snickering tone. "Revert a power you know nothing about sssss, take on a force more powerful than you sssss then your grave awaitsss you." Jen shivered, glad that he wasn't able to see ehr in this moment. Grave had rejected her once already... and also tried to claim her quite recently enough for such a statement to hit her. But she would'nt show her weaknesses to him. Not to him! I have to help my sis. If he must turn his anger on meh or whatever, then it's fine, as long as it can help her... "I'm gonna find a way around, Clyburn. Even if it comes to kill her first.[/i] After all, she had complete scans. Clean back-ups. It'd weaken Raquel a little if she were forced to use them, but it was better than letting her turn into... whatever. She may or may not have been infected; but until it was proven true or not...

"Sssss we ssshall ssssee. Sssssleep well my dear yessss pleassssant dreamssss... And that isssss where I await yesssss..." was the only answer. He was hiding now. The sun had set, and he was hiding. Fine. She knew where to find him again if there was need. And the man was worth being watched and followed, even more now she knew that... he could really be dangerous to lots of people.

"I'm gonna await yer visit then", Jen grinned, hoping that her wild smile and tone would be carried properly through the communicator. "Yeah. Then mehbe we can have a real conversation. The *both* of us. But ya won't have Raq! This I can tell!" Trying to anger him. Trying to divert his attention. Giving her enough time, giving Nezumi enough time to finish the analyzis, giving time for Aya and any other Doc to be contacted and instructed about this!

"Your ignorance in thisss sssshal prove fatal I assssure you yessss, and I sssshall union with her assss sssshe passssess yesss.... When sssshadowss fall with blackened ssssuns, sssomething wicked thissss way comessss..."

And this was the last she heard from 'him'. Jen swore loudly, hitting the Yalmaha's control panel with her clenched fist.

"...Jen? Problems?" sudenly came Corrine's voice on SPARTA comm channel, and Jen realized that the young Opifex Soldier had overheard, and was wondering what was happening. The Fixer knew that she should tell, at least part of it, even if not having compelte solid proof yet. At least... telling her that Raquel may be in danger. In a way or another.

I'll be waiting, Damon. I'm already dead once, after all...

But first thing first. She had to do something, before his madness finally hit Raq for the last time...

((written by Demenzia))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 16th, 2002 at 23:14:32.

Something Wicked This Way Comes?

Early Saturday morning; December 14, 29476

I have never been a firm believer in the whole magical/spiritual debacle that surrounds metaphysiology or its practioners, until I came in contact with the most horrific man (can I even call him that) I have yet to meet on Rubi-Ka

It was a cold, vacant night in Rome Red, the sky was a velvety black, clouds danced above swirling in a wild manor round the moons, I was sitting on one of the park benches going over a few notes about the sudden change in a few mining facilities in the north. As I sat I noticed the air suddenly became frigid, and dense. I looked up from my comm to see if a yalm had just passed by causing a sudden wind, but that was not the case.

I shrugged it off and went back to work, and as I drowned myself in the statistics a sudden hush fell over the area, and a faint hissing began to engulf the confines. Looking up again, I noticed not a soul was around, and the eerie hissing was increasing as the wind began to swiftly pick up. I then noted a dense fog swirling in from the pond, and within that fog was a shadowy figure, looking like that of a man, cloaked in blackness. Lowering my glasses, I squinted to try and get a better look, as it rolled forward approaching me, the hissing growing louder, and echoing my name "Ssssuznah" I hadnt a clue what this was, but the chills it was giving me was reason enough for me to shoot up from my seat and leave. But before I could make a mad dash, a cold icey grip latched onto my shoulder and spun me around.

I winced, expecting to be shot at by some ruthless clanner, and when this didnt happen, slowly opened my eyes only to meet anothers, glowing red. A thin, pale nano-mage stood before me, cloaked in a black robe and hood, hissing and smelling the air. I kindly asked him, noticing he was a fellow employee, if he needed some kind of assistance. He responded with a hiss and curl of his lips, raising his arms and seemingly calling out into the night sky.

Suddenly we both were no longer in Rome Red, I to this date do not know where I was, all I can say is that it was a place I would never want to go to again in all my life. It was swirling with shadows every which way, moans and cries belowing out from all directions, faces gliding past me weeping, and the nano-mage stood before me in all of this and spoke.
    "You ssseee thisss future ssslowly loomsss, for Omni yesss itsss plotted doom, When Ssshadowsss fall with blackened Sunsss, Sssomething wicked thisss way comess"

I stood there shaking, unclear of what was going on, he reached out and made me make contact with his burning eyes of firey red. The hissing, whaling and cries increasing, shadows pouring down like waterfalls, wildly dancing in front of me. Without warning he points upward, and I gaze... And there I see it all, I dont know what made this image, or how it got there, but it was horrific! I saw a battered and baddly beaten nano-mage, clawing his way out of a large structure, dying as he nearly reached his freedom, the image then changed to an arial shot of Omni-HQ, Omni-Ent, Trade,, but not the one we all know, this one was in shambles, buildings crumbling, fires consuming every structure, black smoke pillowing trough the streets, People of all ages crawling about, trying to salvage their last breath, gunfire echoing in the air, screams of pain and fear!

I shook, and began to cry, I could not take this sight, I pleaded with the nano-mage to let me go, to please return me, he merely drew me closer to him, tilted my head and sank his teeth into my neck. I screamed in agonizing pain at first, but my concious slowly faded, I slipped out of reality shadows covering my body, the cries still echoing within my head.

When I awoke, I was back on the very park bench I had been seated before. My head was spinning, I could still see those horrible things, hear those terrifying cries. I felt a small tingling on the right side of my neck, and knew, it was not a dream, it was not something I had ever seen or experienced.

It has been a mere 24 hours since then, and I feel numb, cold and my skin has become more pale, I havent slept, I havent eaten, what is happening to me... I wish I could scientificly explain, but I can not. I do know this, that this was beyond scientific rationalization, beyond technology. It was in truth a vision I now feel and see myself, Something wicked this way comes? Let us pray for all of our sakes, that the dark nano-mage who revealed such prophecy is wrong, and we move to change this grim future, I was never a believer in magic or spirituality, I can not say the same anymore.

((written by Suznahh))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 16th, 2002 at 23:15:11.

Into the Fire

Early Saturday morning; December 14, 29476

[Demoneyes]: Sssss Alamexisssss

The hissing…the voice…still burnt into his head, like an elusive venom plaguing its host. His comm had flashed on re-entry, stirring him from a peaceful nap that he had forced himself to take. It was the message that greeted his return to Rubi-Ka this evening; that ushered in what he had hoped would be a peaceful weekend, but which his heart knew would not.

Ssssssssssss… he thought to himself, over and over, as he stared up at the pink nebula which filled the star-riddled night sky above Galway Shire. Alamexis lay in a secluded patch of grass, at the base of an embankment on the outskirts of Rome. It was silent, with only the odd nascent sound of a whisking of wind.

[Sezmra]: Malcom. I need you to do me a favor, check in with me when you arrive..and if I'm not around, at all cost avoid "Demoneyes"

Her voice. Was it? She had contacted him the moment his feet touched Rubi-Kan soil, concerned, upset..frightened? No. Sezmra was never frightened; she was never in fear of anything…let alone a maniacal..demon?

[Sezmra]: …he seems displeased with you somehow, and made an idle threat to me concerning you. He might try to attack you..I..I don't know

Idle threat? Don’t know? The shock had enveloped him…her hesitation…

[Alamexis]: I don't understand....*deep sigh* Please be careful, Raquel.

[Sezmra]: I think he overheard us in Rompa last night, I called him crazy..I don't know. But I will, don't worry about me, keep an eye on yourself

Alamexis chuckled softly into the night. ‘…don’t worry about me, keep an eye on yourself…’ Her voice. Something just…not right… Trying her best to sound calm, to be reassuring; her professionalism and razor-sharp thought, somehow faded…

19:43: Alamexis walks up behind Sezmra
    19:43: Alamexis: Hi Raquel
    19:43: Sezmra whew's and turns around to greet Mr. Age
    19:43: Alamexis smiles
    19:44: Alamexis: Hi
    19:44: Sezmra: Evening, Malcom.. you *almost* scared me
    19:44: Alamexis chuckles quietly
    19:44: Sezmra: How're you?
    19:44: Alamexis: Well, I was doing okay..
    19:44: Alamexis smiles
    19:44: Alamexis: I'm quite alright, if not a bit confused
    19:44: Sezmra nods, understanding
    19:44: Sezmra: Yes.. I know how you feel
    19:45: Alamexis smiles empathically
    19:45: Alamexis: I know..
    19:45: Sezmra smiles
    19:45: Sezmra: Well.. Mr. Age
    19:45: Sezmra: I won't let 'him' get my favorite politician
    19:45: Sezmra chuckles, lightening the mood
    19:46: Alamexis smiles
    19:46: Alamexis: Favourite, huh?
    19:46: Alamexis chuckles
    19:46: Sezmra smiles
    19:46: Alamexis: And since when am I a politician?
    19:46: Sezmra chuckles
    19:46: Sezmra: Since when aren't you?
    19:46: Alamexis ' mood seems to pick up
    19:46: Sezmra grins
    19:46: Alamexis sighs lightly
    19:46: Alamexis: That's just terrible..
    19:46: Sezmra wrinkles her brow, confused.
    19:47: Alamexis: "Politician"
    19:47: Alamexis: Yuck
    19:47: Sezmra chuckles
    19:47: Sezmra: What would you prefer I call you?
    19:47: Alamexis glances up at the sky, in thought
    19:47: Alamexis smiles
    19:48: Sezmra looks up to Malcom
    19:48: Alamexis: Never mind
    19:48: Alamexis chuckles
    19:48: Sezmra wrinkles her brow further
    19:48: Alamexis: I should be going inside, though. Don't want to keep Kiyoko and her husband waiting further
    19:48: Sezmra: Oh?
    19:48: Sezmra: Dinner?
    19:48: Alamexis: Dinner plans..
    19:48: Sezmra nods
    19:48: Alamexis laughs
    19:49: Alamexis: Stop saying what I'm thinking
    19:49: Sezmra: Don't let me keep you then, enjoy your meal
    19:49: Alamexis smirks
    19:49: Sezmra chuckles
    19:49: Alamexis: Take care, Ms. Svancara
    19:49: Alamexis smiles
    19:49: Sezmra: Do say hello for me
    19:49: Alamexis glances over his shoulder
    19:49: Alamexis: I will

That was her… He had walked into Rompa, confused, tense, nervous…scared? No for himself. For whom? And why? Questions he had asked himself at each passing minute; questions for which answers escaped him. Alamexis had been pleased to find comfort, both at his regular booth, and at…Kiyoko…her smile…; Stormrazer…his courage…; Savoy…

20:40: Alamexis: I hope I haven't bored you, Ji---, Ms. Kaba
    20:40: Savoy grins
    20:41: Savoy: Afraid not
    20:42: Alamexis' eyes follow Savoy, as she walks away
    20:42: Alamexis chuckles softly
    20:42: Barlau: Isn't she amazing?
    20:42: Alamexis smiles at Barlau, warmly
    20:43: Barlau: Very down-to-earth
    20:43: Alamexis: She has a very...soothing presence, yes

Soothing…he whispered softly. Alamexis unclipped his comm, tossing it defiantly aside. Confusing… A better word. It was all confusing to him; Ashley, who was nothing more than a game to him…Savoy, one of Rome’s most recognized citizens…this nagging painful concern for Sezmra…bah.

He felt weak with emotion. Something he had discarded, consistently. Being raised as an agent – a resource – tended to do that, after all. Emotions – attachments – were liabilities in the field. They made you do foolish things; lose sight of your objectives…become concerned about situations in which you not only felt, but knew, you could do nothing…

21:30: Alamexis smiles
    21:31: Sezmra waves to Mr. Age
    21:31: Alamexis sighs, relieved
    21:31: Alamexis waves back, smiling

Upon entering the party hosted by GridStream Productions at Reet’s Retreat, his eyes has fixated on his…

21:54: [Law Society of Rubi-Ka] Barlau: *frowns slightly* Malcom... what is Raquel to you, exactly?
    21:57: [Law Society of Rubi-Ka] Alamexis: ...*sigh* All she is, is a very close friend. One of the first I met when I came to Rubi-Ka, actually...I remember seeing her in ICC the day after we met at a party here. She was so full of life, so vibrant and excited...like she really enjoys what she does, you know? After meeting so many people that were so...hurt...by what has happened on this planet, she just stuck out...
    21:58: [Law Society of Rubi-Ka] Barlau: She's rather like flint, though. You'll just tear yourself up against her. And for pity's sake, please don't get yourself involved in any intrigue...

Intrigue? It was far beyond that, Kiyoko. Every darkened corner now seemed to hold malice, and within every shadow along the road…ssssssssss…

23:59: Sezmra pulls out a slip of paper, unfolds it with one hand, and peers over it in thought
    23:59: Alamexis glances out of the corner of his eye
    00:01: Alamexis looks back down at his datapad, turning the volume down on his comm
    00:01: Sezmra chews on her lip
    00:02: Alamexis silently turns his datapad off, tilting it slightly until Sezmra's reflection appeared on the darkened screen
    00:03: Sezmra shakes her head at the letter and mumbles
    00:03: Sezmra: bleh..
    00:03: Sezmra folds it back up and shoves it in a pocket
    00:04: Alamexis looks up at Sezmra
    00:04: Alamexis: Everything okay?
    00:04: Sezmra nods
    00:04: Sezmra: Just thought I'd take another look at this damn letter
    00:05: Alamexis tilts his head slightly
    00:05: Alamexis: From who? I take it it's no love letter?
    00:05: Sezmra chuckles
    00:05: Sezmra: No, indeed it isn't
    00:05: Sezmra: A letter these "killers" sent the bystander they ran into while kidnapping Tisantous.
    00:06: Alamexis ' eyes grow wide
    00:06: Alamexis: Mind if I take a look?
    00:06: Sezmra: No.. go right ahead, if you reeeeaally want to.
    00:06: Alamexis nods, partly frightened
    00:06: Sezmra pulls out a folded letter, made of green paper.
    00:06: Barlau glances up, with a slight frown
    00:07: Barlau: So they knew this bystander well enough to send him a letter, eh?
    00:07: Alamexis reaches out for the letter
    00:07: Sezmra scoots over a bit and leans over, handing it to Malcom
    00:07: Sezmra: Well Kiyoko, these people can get a hold of whomever they want
    00:07: Sezmra shrugs, going back to her coffee
    00:07: Alamexis unfolds the letter, and, while Sezmra seems distracted, scans it quickly with his datapad
    00:08: Sezmra: If you note the dot in the upper right hand corner
    00:08: Sezmra smirks
    00:08: Alamexis holds the letter up in front of him
    00:08: Sezmra: sneaky fellows
    00:12: Alamexis: Yes...."L O S"?
    00:12: Alamexis: Hmmm....
    00:12: Sezmra smirks quietly against her cup
    00:12: Alamexis turns the letter over, holding it up in front of the fire
    00:13: Alamexis: "S O L"
    00:13: Alamexis shakes his head
    00:13: Alamexis: No....
    00:13: Alamexis: ....not them
    00:13: Alamexis was mumbling to himself
    00:13: Barlau: Do you really thing SOL banking is run by a bunch of crazy vampire-types?
    00:13: Alamexis shakes his head a Barlau's comment
    00:13: Sezmra: That's the beauty of it
    00:13: Sezmra: No.. they aren't
    00:14: Alamexis: This square...it does almost look like a sun inside
    00:14: Sezmra: Unfortunately, Damon has caught most of the fire of this whole ordeal
    00:14: Alamexis: Three lines...
    00:14: Sezmra nods at Malcom. "My thoughts exactly."
    00:14: Alamexis lowers the piece of paper
    00:14: Alamexis: Fire, Ms. Svancara? What do you mean?
    00:15: Sezmra: Well
    00:15: Sezmra: He's assaulted me, my Director, a medical assistant
    00:15: Sezmra: He practically "stalks" me
    00:15: Alamexis' face washes in alarm
    00:15: Sezmra: He has everyone's attention
    00:15: Sezmra: People assume it's vampires
    00:15: Sezmra shakes her head lightly
    00:15: Sezmra: Isn't
    00:15: Alamexis: Who's your medical assi---
    00:16: Barlau: Lesentia said he bit or scratched a couple of other people
    00:16: Alamexis raises an eyebrow at Sezmra's comment
    00:16: Sezmra: Julilla was assisting us
    00:16: Sezmra: Might've
    00:16: Sezmra: In any case
    00:16: Sezmra: People are pointing their finger at him.
    00:16: Alamexis smiles, privately at the name, remembering the many failed attempts at...
    00:16: Sezmra raises an eyebrow
    00:17: Barlau: So... you don't think his 'higher ones' are vampires?
    00:17: Sezmra chuckles
    00:17: Sezmra: No
    00:17: Alamexis: Aside from the obvious - that "vampires" don't exist - what is he?
    00:17: Sezmra shrugs
    00:17: Sezmra: Beats me
    00:17: Sezmra: Says he's mm.. heavily influenced by metaphysiology
    00:18: Alamexis nods, listening to Sezmra
    00:18: Sezmra: Claims that's the source of his power, or so I gathered
    00:18: Alamexis looks puzzled, in disbelief
    00:19: Alamexis: It's such a common practice, though...and I've never heard of anything this...this...
    00:19: Barlau wonders what Malcom failed to do, in his 'many attempts'...
    00:19: Sezmra: Intense?
    00:19: Sezmra does too, but could guess, so doesn't bother wondering
    00:19: Alamexis: ....no...bizarre was more the word that comes to mind
    00:19: Sezmra: Ah
    00:19: Sezmra: That too
    00:20: Alamexis holds the letter up to the light of the fire again
    00:21: Alamexis smirks slightly at the assumptions being made about his comment regarding Julilla
    00:21: Alamexis: ...if you must know...
    00:21: Sezmra chuckles
    00:21: Stormrazer smiles
    00:22: Alamexis: The night we first met, I was called away abruptly, and hardly had a chance to speak with her. We tried several times thereafter to meet for a drink, but it just never happened
    00:22: Sezmra shrugs lightly, sipping her coffee.
    00:23: Alamexis turns back to the fireplace, satisfied with his explanation
    00:23: Alamexis: I don't get it, Raq--
    00:23: Alamexis: Ms. Svancara
    00:23: Sezmra: What?
    00:23: Barlau glances up at Malcom, her face serious as she asks....
    00:23: Barlau: Poor Malcom! You don't get turned down often, is that it?
    00:23: Alamexis: Why embed a symbol in such a small fashio---
    00:24: Barlau can't keep a straight face, though, and chuckles
    00:24: Alamexis glances at Kiyoko
    00:24: Alamexis: I can assure you, it was strictly friendly.
    00:24: Sezmra chuckles, staying out of it
    00:24: Alamexis: Nothing more
    00:24: Barlau shoots Raquel a quick grin, thinking, she shoots, she scores!
    00:24: Sezmra shakes her head at Kiyoko, grinning
    00:25: Sezmra: Well Malcom..
    00:25: Alamexis defiantly pretends to ignore the glances being cast around the room
    00:25: Sezmra: I'd guess to identify themselves to one another.
    00:25: Alamexis narrows his eyes
    00:25: Sezmra: But at the same time.. small enough one would think it's just an ink smudge
    00:25: Barlau: Or to confirm that it's the genuine article in the identification...
    00:25: Sezmra: Perhaps so.. who knows
    00:25: Alamexis nods at Kiyoko
    00:25: Barlau: But why risk an outsider seeing it?
    00:26: Sezmra grins
    00:26: Stormrazer: They want to be known
    00:26: Sezmra: They didn't expect him to give it to me
    00:26: Alamexis: I don't think there was a risk involved
    00:26: Sezmra: He's dead anyway
    00:26: Sezmra lets that hang in the air
    00:26: Barlau: Unless... this letter went to who again? Psychoeye? Is it possible he was one of them?
    00:26: Alamexis folds the letter, handing it back to Sezmra
    00:27: Sezmra takes it and slips it back into her pocket
    00:27: Sezmra: I don't believe he was... he was a scared lil' ****. To be frank.
    00:27: Alamexis: Have you given a copy of that to Omni-Pol forensics, Ms. Svancara?

L O S…S O L… He had rearranged the letters, twisting them, manipulating them, trying to picture every conceivable form that would lead them to forming a clue to this entire mess. And from that – from his every attempt – nothing. From his every thought about Sezmra – nothing.

Alamexis glanced one last time at the nebula, which was quickly descending below the horizon. After leaving Reets, knowing that Sezmra was in the care of Lesentia, he had begun to walk to his apartment, but turned back before walking into the sewers that he had to cross to reach it. Being one of the oldest corporate housing complexes in existence, Omni-Entertainment Highrise 1 was quite run down and decrepit.

But, that mattered little. It was still secure, after all; still, for the most part, patrolled by Omni-Pol. And that was where Alamexis’ problem with sleeping there originated. He, this Demon, was after Sezmra, and was after him. Fear had all but fled his heart and mind, replaced with a single bold, angered, enraged thought:

Let him come…
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 16th, 2002 at 23:17:23.

The Hawk in the Tower - Part I

Late Saturday night; December 14, 29476

[Demoneyes]: Ssssss Alamexissss I’m all around you yesssss

The hissing…the voice…the shadow that had greeted his awakening in Galway Shire that morning. Alamexis had stirred to a comm that was flashing with a waiting message, and it had been the Demon; the second message in as many nights.

Instinct had led him to jump fully upright, surveying the landscape in front of him for any sign of movement, for shadows lurking under foliage. Nothing…

The Demon’s game was broadening; what had begun with Tisantous had spread to Raquel, himself, and now, Ms. Forejt.

18:47: Alamexis smiles at Lesentia
    18:47: Lesentia: Hello Alamexis
    18:47: Alamexis: Ms. Forejt.
    18:47: Alamexis: How's everything?
    18:47: Lesentia: It could be much better
    18:48: Alamexis eyes Lesentia, worriedly
    18:48: Alamexis: What's happened?
    18:48: Lesentia frowns, then rubs her neck
    18:48: Alamexis gasps
    18:48: Alamexis walks over to Lesentia, eyeing her neck
    18:48: Alamexis: ....w-what happened?
    18:49: Eternalforce looks up startled
    18:49: Lesentia: Guess...

Rompa Bar had again been the place Alamexis had discovered this terrifying news. A moment of conscience had enveloped him earlier, and he had forced himself to return to his work, all to no avail. His mind would focus on nothing; would concentrate on only one thing…one…person…

19:00: Alamexis: What do you feel -
    19:00: Sezmra bites her lip.
    19:00: Alamexis pounds his chest lightly
    19:00: Alamexis: ...inside?
    19:00: Sezmra glances away, chewing on her lip.
    19:01: Alamexis keeps eyeing Sezmra
    19:01: Alamexis: Sezmra?
    19:01: Alamexis: Raquel?
    19:01: Sezmra gazes at something unseen, distracted for a moment before snapping her attention back.
    19:01: Sezmra: Oh..
    19:02: Sezmra: I don't know, Mr. Age..
    19:02: Sezmra rubs her arms, warming them.
    19:02: Alamexis offers Sezmra his jacket
    19:03: Alamexis: Are you cold?
    19:03: Sezmra smiles..
    19:03: Sezmra: Aren't you?
    19:03: Alamexis shakes his head, without looking away from Sezmra
    19:03: Sezmra: Hmm.. oh..
    19:04: Alamexis: I'll get you a coffee, Raquel.
    19:04: Sezmra nods absently.
    19:04: Sezmra: Alright.. thank you.

Officer Natasha "Docshadow" Sosnowski had approached, seeking to address a legal issue with which she required assistance, and he had simply brushed her aside, in complete disregard of his duty, much as he had so callously ignored Mr. Silvestrini Thursday night. Likewise, Alamexis had essentially done the same to an associate with whom he had much to discuss, Ethan “Fyarr” Jones, after he had interrupted him and Raquel.

19:21: Sezmra whispers: Nothing.. really.
    19:21: Fyarr: Hi Alamexis, hi Sezmra
    19:21: Sezmra greets Mr. Jones.
    19:22: Alamexis glances at Fyarr, sighing again in frustration
    19:22: Alamexis: How have things been?
    19:22: Fyarr: Well ok, ive had reports that disturb me
    19:22: Sezmra nods.
    19:22: Alamexis: More with the Whompha system?
    19:23: Fyarr: more of a personal concern
    19:23: Alamexis wrinkles his brow
    19:23: Alamexis: Is everything okay, Mr. Jones?
    19:23: Fyarr: some people do not like me and want to do something about it
    19:23: Alamexis smirks
    19:23: Alamexis: I know how that feels
    19:24: Fyarr: Im thankful for my armour after news like this
    19:24: Sezmra grimaces at something.
    19:24: Alamexis: So you've received a substantive thr---
    19:24: Alamexis glances at Sezmra
    19:24: Alamexis: Something wrong?
    19:24: Sezmra: No.. just thinking...
    19:24: Alamexis sighs
    19:25: Alamexis: How bad of a threat?
    19:26: Fyarr: I have confidance in Omni-pol to keep things normal
    19:26: Alamexis: And they haven't issued you a guard? At least an attendant droid?
    19:27: Alamexis: Omni-Pol can't be everywhere, at all times
    19:27: Fyarr: It wasnt a direct threat so protocols like that wont apply
    19:27: Alamexis nods
    19:28: Alamexis: Glad to see that you're still out and about, though.
    19:28: Fyarr: yes, can't let things like this bother me...how is work coming along?
    19:28: Alamexis: Interesting, to say the least.
    19:28: Alamexis: And particularly busy.
    19:29: Fyarr: thats good to hear
    19:29: Alamexis shakes his head
    19:29: Alamexis: No, it's not...not for Omni-Tek
    19:29: Fyarr: oh? too busy
    19:29: Alamexis shakes his head
    19:30: Alamexis: The Council of Ares released their updated Pact
    19:30: Fyarr: ahh ive not seen that yet
    19:30: Alamexis: ...it's bad.
    19:31: Fyarr: What are the main points/changes?
    19:32: Alamexis shakes his head in frustration
    19:32: Alamexis: Too many thoughts...
    19:32: Alamexis: ...
    19:32: Alamexis: ...I'm afraid I haven't had much of a chance to pull them all together
    19:33: Alamexis: The latest draft was only handed to me on Wednesday
    19:33: Sezmra shivers at the mention of "Wednesday".
    19:33: Alamexis: I hope it's not them targetting you, Mr. Jo---
    19:33: Sezmra: I'm.. going to find a seat.
    19:33: Sezmra: ...
    19:33: Alamexis turns to Sezmra
    19:33: Sezmra: Paperwork to finish.
    19:34: Alamexis sighs
    19:34: Fyarr: hmm perhaps
    19:34: Fyarr: that would not be good news
    19:34: Alamexis shakes his head
    19:34: Fyarr: shall we join her?
    19:34: Alamexis shakes his head
    19:34: Alamexis: I think...she needs to be alone now, with her thoughts and her...
    19:34: Alamexis pauses
    19:34: Alamexis: ...dreams
    19:34: Fyarr nods

No matter what he was asked, no matter what Mr. Jones had to say, Alamexis had continued to eye Raquel. Later on, he had pulled her away from a conversation with Julilla, finally succumbing to the fear now buried deep within him…

19:51: Alamexis: Sezmra, one day, you and I are going to have to have a long talk.
    19:52: Sezmra raises an eyebrow.
    19:52: Julilla strokes Linheru's soft fur
    19:52: Sezmra chuckles slightly.
    19:52: Alamexis: Uninterrupted, of course
    19:52: Alamexis smirks
    19:52: Alamexis shakes his head
    19:52: Sezmra: Then I suppose we'd best both leave our comms at home?
    19:52: Alamexis smiles
    19:52: Sezmra grins.
    19:52: Julilla catches that last remark, and looks up
    19:53: Alamexis: Or we could celebrate by smashing them
    19:53: Sezmra laughs at Malcom.
    19:53: Julilla: Am I interrupting?
    19:53: Alamexis glances at Julilla
    19:53: Alamexis: No, you're one of the few who haven't, Ms. Silvestrini
    19:53: Alamexis chuckles
    19:53: Julilla smiles again at Alamexis
    19:53: Julilla giggles
    19:54: Sezmra: Be sure to let me know when Malcom, I'm dying from curiosity.
    19:54: Alamexis smiles
    19:54: Alamexis: So am I
    19:54: Sezmra hmmphs.
    19:55: Alamexis sighs
    19:56: Alamexis: So I take it our gentleman friend is wanted alive?
    19:56: Sezmra: Hmm.
    19:56: Sezmra: I'm not sure quiet yet, really.
    19:56: Alamexis twists his face and cocks his head back
    19:57: Alamexis sighs, shaking his head
    19:57: Alamexis: You speak in far too many riddles, Ms. Svancara
    19:57: Sezmra looks up at Malcom.
    19:57: Sezmra: I think we DO need to have that talk.
    19:57: Sezmra smirks.
    19:57: Sezmra: If not to save your sanity.
    19:57: Alamexis nods
    19:57: Alamexis: I've spent my life seeking information...
    19:58: Alamexis: ...I don't like it when it becomes asymetrical
    19:58: Alamexis: Or when it remains hidden
    19:58: Sezmra closes her comm's display and glances up at Mr. Age with a smirk. "Lead the way then."
    19:58: Sezmra: Hmmph.
    19:58: Sezmra: Juls, Lin.
    19:58: Julilla glances up again
    19:58: Julilla: Ah, you're leaving?
    19:58: Sezmra nods.

The conversation between them had left more questions in his mind and his heart than were answered. It was as if he were speaking with two different parts of a personality; one, the playful, intriguing, vibrant agent whom he…he just didn’t know what he felt; the second, someone who seemed lost, afraid…helpless.

Raquel’s much-maligned boss had joined them – interrupted them, he thought – grimacing at a burning pain in his gut. Satisfied that she was under the care of a very good friend, and plagued by questions and feelings for which he lacked even the slightest hint of solution, Alamexis had decided to head home.

21:01: Alamexis: Do take care of yourself, Mr. Silvestrini
    21:01: Bonefish nods weakly
    21:01: Sezmra peers over the Boss' shoulder.
    21:01: Bonefish: I will.
    21:02: Alamexis nods
    21:02: Sezmra: If he won't, I will.
    21:02: Alamexis nods, walking away, not adding "but who will take care of you?"

Unable to sleep, and plagued by concern for Raquel, he had contacted her over his comm, while standing in the backyard of Highrise 1, under the guise of asking her about the medical status of Mr. Silvestrini. It was all an excuse, after all, to simply here her voice; to know and to be reassured that she was still…fine? No. Alamexis knew, deep down somewhere within, that she wasn’t, despite her best attempts at assuaging his worry. They had traded communications for almost an hour, and she had informed him that she was yet again traveling to Reet’s for another party.

Naturally, rather than remain at his “perch” on the platform overlooking the eastern grid terminal in Omni-1 Entertainment, Alamexis had waited half an hour, and then proceeded to Reet’s.

As he approached the building, he sighed, heavily. He feared for Raquel, was concerned for her in a way that was…almost alien to him. But at the same time, he knew that her concern was growing for him, as well. He could read it on her face; see it despite her shaded eyes; hear it in the way her voice quivered.

Alamexis looked up. He would have to take his own advice, that he had given to Fyarr earlier in that evening, and leave her to her thoughts. But he couldn’t leave. He couldn’t walk away, abandoning her to the shadows that were creeping their way across Rubi-Ka.

He moved quickly to the very top of Reet’s, towering high above East Last Ditch, and bent down on one knee while pulling his rifle from beneath his trench coat. There, he sat. Watching. Thinking. Waiting.

Ashley’s voice rang out over his comm, shattering the early morning silence. “I was thinking…” she comically whispered. “We should go for dinner Monday night. You’ll be here, I’ll be here…”

“Ashley, I need you to do something for me.” He interrupted her. “Put an active trace on this comm signal: Damon “Demoneyes” Clyburn. I need to know when he crawls out from his shadow.”

She sighed, disappointed at being brushed aside. “Okay, Mr. Age. I’ll let you know if he ‘appears’.” Alamexis had thanked her, and said goodbye. If she was disappointed, so be it; there was a more pressing concern. She’s safe from his games…Was she? He tossed this thought into the night. She was all the way back on Omni-Prime, after all, and the Demon lurked somewhere out here…

Alamexis yawned. It was now much closer to sunrise than to the prior sunset, and, despite his best efforts at fighting it off, sleep overcame him.
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 16th, 2002 at 23:18:11.

Shadowed Dreams

Late Saturday night; December 14, 29476

“Mmmm.”, she mumbled quietly, pulling the pillows closer to her. She had awoken just barely, enough to realize how wonderful it was to sleep. Another grunt of happiness escaped her lips, and she turned over slightly, burying her face against the soft fabric of her pillows. Her head swam a bit, adjusting to this real sleep she’d desired all week. She exhaled heavily and pushed away thought, to drift off again. Moments passed, and a chill began to tickle her feet. Wiggling her toes to brush off the sensation, Raquel tugged at the blankets on her bed. Her feet grew colder, the slow chill traveling up her legs… was the environment control on the fritz? She murmured, sleepily, and continued tugging at her blankets in an attempt to cover her legs. They wouldn’t give though, as if she was fighting with someone over them. The agent hardly ever had guests, and never… “sleep overs”. Her legs were freezing now, and her thighs and hips tingled at the chill crawling up her body. Was she naked? She mumbled again, just wanting to be covered so she could go back to sleep! Gah!

Soon, her entire body felt cold and bare. She moaned now, in annoyance, lazily grasped her blanket with both hands, and tugged with all her sleepy might. The attempt seem to be successful as she was now covered more by the blanket… but it was odd. There was this closeness, this pressure along the length of her body. The chill grew stronger now, and there was a breeze wafting by, across her face, then her thigh… hair on the back of her neck stood on end, her face felt flushed.

The agent gradually began to waken, more fully. She squirmed against the pillows, the blankets, shivering at the air brushing past her skin. Odd smells began to form in her nose, growing stronger by the minute. Raquel wrinkled her nose, the smells swelling around her became more and more rancid, and as she awoke, they became more familiar. Scorched metal, some kind of horrible smoky smell, assaulted her senses harshly. Raquel’s stomach turned, twisted, and her throat began to tremble. What was that.. ugh. It’s awful! It smells like bl..

Her eyes snapped open, and the agent leaned up, her mouth agape in horror. The chill she’d felt earlier completely encompassed her now, and the slight breeze was now a gusting wind. It seemed to kick up shadows like dust and hurl them out violently, before sucking them back into their hiding places. What disturbed her most though, wasn’t the chill or the wind… Raquel lay amongst bodies. She didn’t know whose, nor did she care for the moment. Visibly disgusted, she gasped again. The blanket she was so desperate to cover herself with was the cloak of a dead man pressed against her body’s length. She whimpered and quickly scampered away from this bed of death, noticing her torn clothing as her exposed knees scraped across cold metal.

Dear god, what was this… She took a moment to study her surroundings again. The sky was dark, blackened clouds dotting the atmosphere. Fires bloomed in the distance, she noticed, peering around the corner of a platform. Blue lights flickered across the area, some sizzling oddly in the night air. Raquel suddenly realized where she… “was’.

Rome Blue.

She looked down at herself, apparently dressed for bed, but her clothing was torn in places, singed in others. Her hair was even hanging about her shoulders, she must’ve really expected sleep. Barefoot and somewhat composed, finally, she slowly approached her waking spot. Lips still curled in disgust, Raquel leaned over the bodies, studying them. There seem to be… three. Yes, three. One was a small male opifex, clad in armors and slumped over face down. Under him and a bit to the left was the body of a woman, she couldn’t tell really, but it seemed to be that of an opifex, too. Lastly, the owner of her “blanket” lay there too. His white cloak was horribly soiled with blood and dirt. The agent’s face flushed and her body tingled fiercely as she looked on to three bodies she recognized. How …

A loud crash of metal against metal sounded in her ears and she looked up, stumbling back. A tall skyscraper had fallen with a scream of fire, startling her. Shadowy tendrils flicked out at Raquel as she jogged around the corner, intent to reach the crash. The wind picked up, whipping her hair into her face and back again. She grumbled, greatly missing her usual hairstyle and continued on, brushing the hair from her eyes now and again. Her feet mildly ached as she trampled across debris, uncaring of any injury she might incur. The sharper debris that met with her footsteps did pull her face into a wince, though, but she pressed on. Nearing the corner of another platform, she peered down the street, left then right. Shadows danced at the ends of both directions, flicking out again like perverse tongues, beckoning her to come near. Raquel sneered and passed by the platform, on to the next. More crashes boomed behind her, from what she assumed was the area she’d woken up in. Looking back confirmed her su****ions and she hurried forward.

Heading west now, she rounded the corner and hoped she was finally there. Wind rushed by and she ducked back against the platform a moment until it died down. Hurrying around the corner, she tried not to stumble, and continued darting along the edge of the platform to a wider, more open area. Another crash of buildings, not too far behind her, forced a loud yelp from her lips as she spun around in fright. She backed away from the crash, wandering into the open spot. Resting near the middle was a broken statue, crumbled forms of large atrox’ littered the base of the statue. The agent turned to study the fallen building, it was across the way at the other end of the area. Lights fizzed, flickered, fighting in protest to the destruction. Wind whipped up again, yet Raquel pressed on and passed the torn statue warily. She recognized her surroundings now, despite the fallen metal, torn buildings…

The Office.

Stepping over more sharp debris, she climbed up the ramp to the dais in front of the offices. The haunting chill still gripped at her skin, and something pushed down on her shoulders, something unseen. Raquel then recognized the feeling. As if the very air pushed against her. Her knees bumped across the ground as she tried walking towards the center platform in front of the office. Growling she stood up as best she could, the wind now floating away, calming a bit. She wiped her face and stepped up onto the platform, walked around the Notum pillar in the middle and to the edge on the opposite side. She looked down, peering over the side. Bodies clad in Elite armours graced the bottom. She hadn’t noticed them until now and frowned silently at their crumpled forms. The angry wind picked up again, as if plotting against Raquel, trying to tumble her over the side in spite. No way was she giving in, and she stepped back, slowly, for a better footing. One more step back connected her with someone she stumbled backwards into. Gasping with surprise, she turned quickly to gaze up at… No!

It was Saar. He just stood there between her and the notum pillar, face blank, dressed in what she’d seen him in last… the day he was…

“Ti…Tis?”, she murmured in curious horror. She’d backed away now to stand in front of him, staring in wonder. The wind died down almost completely, not even a breeze passed by. She glanced around, oddly, and happen to notice another building behind her warp and twist, some of it breaking away and tumbling to the ground with… without a sound. The agent furrowed her brow at this, no sounds, silence, all around her. She turned back to “Tisantous”, her face a mask of confusion, pleading for an explanation. He stared at her, unmoving. Raquel’s face, now damp with tears of frustration, began to flush more at the growing chill. She begged with the figure… to do, say something. Slowly, like a spark consuming and growing into a fire, a noise began to tickle the back of her mind. It traveled up and spread throughout her head, taking the form of a hiss. Raquel clasped her hands onto her ears, trying to block out a sound that originated within her own mind. In vain she pressed her hands against her head, harder, wincing. The hiss grew, throbbing in her ears. Raquel looked up to Tisantous, again, struggling to ignore the horrible sound overtaking her sense of hearing. The nanomage figure faced her intently, seeming to concentrate on her, slightly tilting his head. Raquel gazed back, now overcome with curiosity at his noticeable movement. She studied his face as it seemed to move lightly in thought, tilting forward slightly. She blinked, waiting, eager… and all of a sudden an image flashed across her vision, surrounded in blackness. What.. wh.. a square? Once more she blinked, and it was there, flashing under her eyelids. Raquel bit her lip, and on a feeling, simply closed her eyes. Yes! It appeared across the darkness of her closed eyes. A square, a circle in the upper right hand corner, three lines branching out.. the letters LOS… no… no! The letters, they’re clear now.

SOL

The agent, her shoulders slumping, stood defeated before Tisantous’ form. She was almost terrified to open her eyes, terrified of what she might see, who she might see. Frowning, she stared at the image floating in front of her vision, still. “To hell with it”, she thought to herself and raised her head. Quickly, her body tense in preparation, she opened her eyes. “Tisantous” still stood there, quietly. Somehow she was morbidly disappointed, she expected some kind of…

“Sssssssssss.”, the hissing began booming in her ears now. She twitched, unnerved, and mentally taxed. No.. no more hissing…
    “Please!!”, she yelled out… she couldn’t even hear herself, all sounds, save the hissing pounding in her ears, muted. While the wind was still missing from the scene, the air felt heavy. So heavy. Her hands covered her ears again, now, trying to… must… block the…

Sobbing, the agent fell to her knees, the atmosphere pressing down on her like a cruel captor. She struggled to fight it and failed. Her knees stung briefly as they struck the cold metal, her will had finally been cracked. A woman so intent on keeping her world inside her, her pain inside her, her mind screamed for release. Tears flowed painfully down her icy cheeks, their slight warmth contrasting with her cold skin. Raquel was no longer afraid of what she had seen thus far, she was merely saddened, angered, desperate even. Maybe even a little lost. Once more she looked up to “Tisantous” with some kind of hope. He looked down, lips moving, saying something.. something she couldn’t hear. She squinted up at him, shaking her head, and admitted to not understanding. He grimaced slowly then nodded to her once. Still she gazed up at him and just as she blinked, another image pierced the darkness of her eyelids. Eagerly, understanding, she closed her eyes. The image wasn’t crystal clear, but it was clear enough to make out shapes and things. An office, inside… a desk. She squinted instinctually, hoping to see more clearly. It was no office she’d ever seen, and certainly wasn’t an Omni-Tek office. A large logo was emblazoned on the front of the desk…

Raquel gasped, and snapped open her eyes. She looked up at “Tisantous”, shaking her head… wishing it weren’t so. He nodded slowly, affirming her hidden inquiry. “Why! Why them, why you!”, she thought. As if to emphasize her panic, the notum pillar behind the nanomage figure burst into a myriad of dancing blue lights. She held up her hands, shielding her eyes. Blinking off the explosion of notum, she noticed the figure disappeared, and the pillar began to fizzle strangely. Blue colored notum particles hung about in the air, slowly fading away into nothingness. The pillar sparked here and there as Raquel looked on, and finally it went dead. The notum etchings on the surface were quiet, now. Lifeless. She gazed up at the pillar, frowning. Still on her knees, she twisted her body around, looking over the surrounding area.

Like the pillar… lifeless.

Not even the broken, blue lights flickered now… Just fire, burning metal, smoke darted the lifeless district of Rome Blue. Kneeling there, at the SPARTA offices, Raquel felt so alone…

“You can lean on me.”

Was her pillow damp? The sleepy opifex awoke, the cheek resting against her pillow was damp. She turned over onto her back and stretched a bit. Curiosity got the best of her though, and she found herself turning over again, towards the small table next to her bed. Ever so intimate with her comm, Raquel picked it up and tilted it to view the display. Mmm.. Three o’clock in the morning. Hmmph’ing, she was almost pleased; the longest she’s slept at one time all week. She reached over and pressed a light on the unit. No, she wasn’t available, it seemed. Raquel frowned lightly, hoping Suznahh was safe, Alamexis was safe, her Boss was safe... they were all safe.

The agent set her wrist-comm on the table, slipped back under her bed covers, and laid her head on her favorite pillows.

To sleep. Unafraid.

((written by Sezmra))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 16th, 2002 at 23:18:52.

The Hawk in the Tower - Part II

Early Sunday morning; December 15, 29476

Three tranquil, peaceful hours slipped away, and, as the twin suns were beginning to contemplate breaching the horizon, his comm suddenly flared alive.

[Demoneyes]: Alamexisssss, a darkness comess for you yessss…
    [Demoneyes]: In ssshadowed realmsss where death resssidess, is where your dessstiny abidesss, for weaknesss fillsss your very core, your end drawsss clossser to your door.
    [Demoneyes]: When ssshadowss fall with blackened sssunss, sssomething wicked thisss way comesss.

Alamexis quickly pulled the extended screen of his comm open, clenching his fist in anger. Ashley had failed to warn him of Demoneyes’ emergence. She probably feel asleep…a thought that was as much a wish as a statement of ‘fact’. He cursed himself for nodding off, checking to make sure that Raquel was still…she must be asleep, in her office in Rome. Her signal had been switched to its dormant state, and, knowing how she dreaded her apartment, knew that was where she was.

Alamexis stood, and began to make his way to Galway Shire. She was secluded, sequestered in the offices of SPARTA, which were undoubtedly sealed almost as tightly as the office of Ross himself. Alamexis steeled with resolve and determination. He will not harm her.

Having finally reached his ‘bed’ for the balance of the night, and lying out in the open, he knew what he had to do, as much for his own sanity as for the safety of Raquel. “Alamexisssss, a darkness comess for you yessss…” he replayed the Demon’s message one last time. I will not play this game of his anymore…

[Alamexis]: I look forward to it, Mr. Clyburn.

((written by Alamexis))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 16th, 2002 at 23:19:17.

Replication

Sunday; December 15, 29476

When she cut the communication with him, each of them back to their own businesses, Jen knew that he was now as worried as her concerning the whole situation. But he had promised that he'd warn his friends and colleagues as well, and Dart was a man to fill his promises.

There was another person she had to call though - a person that had witnessed some of the ongoing affair, and had, according to Raq, begun to conduct her own researches on the matter. Taking her comm again, the Fixer quickly secured a private channel, and sent her call. The answer came almost immediately; she briefly introduced herself and what she wanted, and to her relief, the young Doctor immedately agreed to mee, although it'd have to be one hour later. Time was getting short, but at least... at least she'd be able to give her her own data, and compare them with hers. After all... one could never know what was to happen.

The Fixer found herself a quiet place in Rompa's, and begun to wait, activating her Grid display so that she could go on working. People would pass near her, minding their way in the bar even in such an early hour of the day, but she wouldn't notice thme, absorbed in the renderng displayed in front of her eyes by her equipment. Hee, there - looking at the odd patterns again, trying to gather her thoughts, knowledge and hypothesis. Yes; the karyotypes would definitely be useful, even if not meant to be read that directly. They had the Nezumi if needed - the Nezumi that provided all the decryption, amongst other things.

When the time came, the scheduled tasks program popped a window in front of her mental eyes, warning her that she had to go; slightly sighing, she packed her things, and simply Gridded out, metaphorizing in a swirl of nanobots into the blue structues. The pain was still excruciating, her body feeling like torn apart during a second that was always looking like an eternity, but she was used to it, along with having a few programs already uploaded to her deck to help her recover quickly. Discretion was what she needed; the Doc had said she preferred some privacy, especially as she'd bring one of the 'victims' with her, and she needed one of the numerous newly arrived employees or whoever else to stuck at her shoes while she'd be going to Rome.

When she arrived at the backyard they had agreed to meet in, Jen sighted Randa "Lesentia" Forejt, pacing here and there near the benches, seemingly worried. She briefly smiled at the woman, trying to hide the fact that she was already studying at her face, at her behavior, trying to spot signs of the 'illness', Julilla had said that this woman too had been bitten - one more person to add to the list, unfortunately - and the Fixer suspected she certainly wasn't the last one. When the young Doc finally arrived, apologizing for being slightly late, the three of them quickly greeted, then decided to sit around the dim-lit table at the center of the backyard. The place was quiet, and it was easy, for each of them, to see if someone was to enter it, or step out of the holo-world.

Jen was so worried about Raquel, although she was doing her best not to let the worry display on her pale face. They had faced him again - Demoneyes, the damn bastard!... - in the sewers where Raq and Chris had caught him, according to the coordinates she had herself provided. It hadn't been a really productive discussion; he was spewing his crap again, and when the sun had set, he had simply ran and disappeared, as what was to be expected. But then... then...

Jen would never be able to forget the look on Raquel's face, the slightly, unconsciously anguished expression on her face, as she was feeling the first rays of sun hit her skin. Nor the way she had of distraitly rubing her arms from time to time. Nor her distraction, as if focusing on anything, on their conversation, on them, all that simply, had suddenly become a hard task - a hard task! Raquel, who was always so focused, so professional, so full of wits!... And never, also, could the Fixer forget this odd, even more worrying comment the Opifex Agent had made.

"God.. what th.. did we inherit a third sun...?"

But there wasn't time for worries now, only for action. What Julilla was presenting them with was corresponding to what she had heard from Raquel, and to what she was suspecting too. The Fixer wasn't completely certain yet that 'only' scratching the skind could convey the 'virus' - they hadn't any better word for this - but contact with blood or saliva was definitively a vector, it seemed. "Demoneyes"... had reached at the people who were threatening him - scratched Juls herself, but only when she had begun to take skin samples from him; scratched the boss too; then Chris, the evening before. She couldn't explain, however, why he hadn't attacked her. When she had faced him, her gun pointed at his head, never letting him escape; when they had been all alone, in the sewers where murders and aggressions were such common things; when he could have latched at her, ripped her throat, and sent her body float in the muddy, toxic waters. Or worse. She couldn't explain it. What were his true intentions... Why Raquel. Why Lesentia, why Suznahh. Why...

Jen pushed her personal term on the table in front of her, so that the two other women could look at it too, and proceeded to explain to Juls the datascans she had gathered, their analysis by the Nezumi, and where exactly on both karyotypes the differences could be noticed. Left one - the backup scan she had herself made of Raquel's karyotype, weeks ago, before this whole story began. Right one - the new one. The one after she had been bitten. The scan that wasn't perfectly 'clean'. Juls nodded in growing worry; she was a Doc, she could se where the changes had taken place, and she knew very well that it wasn't good at all. Poor Lesentia was looking at it too, and Jen could very well guess what was on her mind: Is it going to happen to me too?...

"Thus far... it appears that if he manages to break skin, it has great potential to "infect" the person he's bitten or scratched. Once that happens, a cellular reformation seems to happen, as healthy cells die, the new ones assume the same characteristics of the ones found in Demoneyes. And it spreads. I don't know how fast yet, I have injected a pair of rats with cells that have been unaltered with growth hormones. But of all the rats injected with it, they inevitably show an intense aversion to direct UV light, are able to sense heat, even through inch-thick glass... and display incredible aggression..."

Listening to Julilla's words had something incredibly sick - a frightening analysis, yet causing a sort of odd, twisted fascination at such a... such a vicious and dangerous 'illness'. And Raquel was behaving so oddly... more and more oddly... Jen realized she hadn't been wrong, contrary to what she had thought; warning Dart, asking him to warn his friends too, although without telling too much and causing a panick, would make at least a few people wary of the wicked Meta-physicist. If people began to avoid him... so many freaks were hanging out in town, it would just be another one to stay wary of... he would find it more difficult to dive his teeth into the neck of some poor passer-by.

"Now.. I was able to develop a sort of 'antidote', a series of proteins that surrounds those mutated cells, and cuts them off, preventing them from spreading. I have enough syringes for about a hundred or so... anyone who has been exposed should receive an injection, to help neutralize the infecting cells. Unfortunately, the three original people bitten or scratched still haven't been injected. And... it appears now that Lesentia, and, what was her name, Sus-something? have been exposed. The downside of the injection is, it knocks you out for about 24 hours - it will make you very sleepy and very weak I already told Raquel and Quinn... should something happen to me, I have about a hundred syringes made up..."

Frightening, even more than before. And would it still be useful for Raquel... at such a late state?....

"I repeated all of my experiments... but I'm hoping that SPARTA will be able to find a more experienced scientist. Not someone fresh out of med school...", Julilla shook her head, almost apologizing. And in this moment, jen realized a very ironic fact. Oh yes, she knew 'of' someone who, for long years, had researched about DNA, and was still doing. But there was no way she could ask 'her'. No way. Not after what had happened, after the trials they both had been through; not even by kidnapping her again, and forcing her to work with them. She thought of Dart again; his wife was a Doc too. She mentally took a note to call Kailey, and ask her about someone whose domain would be DNA research, or viruses... or whatever that could help them restrain the 'virus'. The Fixer gave a start as her pad was signaling her that the record was completely processed now; backing a sigh, she took the now full data-disc, and holded it to Juls. All the DNA data. The analysis. All that Nezumi had found out, in the hope that it could help her, and whoever else, to craft a complete remedy, and revert the process on already infected people.

How many... how many people had he... touched? Lesentia said that Malcom "Alamexis" Age himself had been threateed too... but she also made an odd statement. That so far, all the people Demoneyes had bitten were all, without exception, women... apart of a fellow in Rompa's, an Atrox Soldier named Petaq, and she wasn't sure he had actually been bitten. Odd ways, indeed. And why the hell didn't he attack *me*... Nanobreed seemed to have the highest comptibility with the 'virus. Opifex... maybe more resistant, as more than three days had passed, and the symptoms weren't *that* evident yet on Raquel. The other breeds... she had no idea.

Juls hadn't found any viral or bacterial signs in the vomit gathered from Arijiki or in the blood samples or cells; but to Jen, the bes comparison was still that of the virus - the digital one. The way I see it, it's behaving exactly like a virus... Gets transferred to a machine. If operating system doesn't match the system fer which the virus was created, it can't 'understand' the virus, an' nuthin' happens...If OS is the right one, then there's a chance fer the virus to settle down. Infects applications, replicates using the machine's processes and resources. Takes over. There must be a way around!...

And there were ways around, in her mind, only too dangerous or haphazardous ones. Killing Raquel, forcing her to Reclaim using the 'clean' last datascan she had of her - but how could she do this, how to shoot at someone she considered her sister... And what for the infected people who, like Lesentia, had insured again after having being bitten, and hadn't any personal back-up? Hacking into the insurance stored data, manually editing, bit by bit, the encoding used to store the people DNA data - but the task was so hard, so long, and the slightest mistake could screw these people completely... not counting the fact that if one person was already a hassle, what about five of them? Ten of them? A hundred of them?...

It was getting so out of hand... Not only Tisantous' kidnapping, but the whole of it. Demoneyes who knew so much, but was spreading so much turmoil around, also. Saar, imprisoned in a place they had no means of breaking in, or at least not without several casualties, as there was no way to know what would be inside, awaiting them. Lesentia. Suznahh. Raquel. This couldn't last. She simply couldn't let it last.

When they closed the discussion, each one knowing that they had to gather more people and resources to put an end to this slowly growing hysteria, Jen took the direction of Omni-Entertainment again.

Maybe it'd soon be time to really catch him, and use him as he should have been used since the beginning.

((written by Demenzia))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 16th, 2002 at 23:19:39.

Sunday night; December 15, 29476

Drlog had been up late, preparing documents regarding an SIT department restructure. He had not been awake long and was allready prepared for the days events.

With most of SIT still tucked away in bed, Log decided to do the only thing you can do this early in the morning .......... Head to the Rhompa bar for a drink.

Leaving the comfort of Rome Green, Log began to trek, on foot to the whompas. It was at this point Log remembered what Lessentia had told him at last nights meeting - "sir, There have been further developments I need to tell you about" "A total of four people have now been bitten, one of them being me."

At the time he had brushed it off, too concerned with reshaping his unit, and troubles on the security councel. Now it came straight to the top of his list of concerns, "I've lost track of this investigation over the past 2 days...." he thought to himself.

He had a feeling he'd be made to catch up pretty soon.

(Rompa Bar)

Dr.Log scanned round the bar, he spotted Mr.Capo, but decided now was not the best time for political debate, and walked to the back of bar instead, only to find Jadea a member of the COA conoodleing with a company employee in the corner. He managed to hock a small loogie onto the back of her armor as he walked past, and chuckled to himself.

The silence was suddenly broken:

Susnesnoc Shouts: Aahhh! I've been shot.
    Drlog: Shot ?
    Susnesnoc clings to the wall
    Drlog Shouts: Medic !
    Drlog Shouts: Medic !
    Drlog Shouts: Gunshot wound!
    Susnesnoc: Tell Sezmr... I Didn't Know ... them ... cloaked in black, many.....
    Drlog: Stay with us buddy
    Drlog Shouts: Goddamn get me a medic !
    Drlog rolls Susnesnoc into the recovery position, wishing he'd been allowed into omni med.
    Susnesnoc: I... They had guns .... none I've seen ... and a badge
    Drlog Shouts : Somebody help!
    *Kithrak enters, and Drlog also notices Marlamins presence.
    Kithrak: Yes?
    Susnesnoc dies
    Kithrak Whats wrong ??
    Drlog: Too late, He's dead
    Drlog: has anyone got something I can take tissue samples with ?
    Kithrak: I'll get you a glass
    Marlamin: A man cant get some peace and quiet in his own home even.. *Sigh* Thoose damn rebels..
    Kithrak: This place is a haven for crime.
    Marlamin: True that..
    Marlamin: What happened ?
    Drlog: he was shot
    Kithrak: Omni or Clan.
    Marlamin: Hmm by whom?
    Marlamin: The Rebels?
    Drlog: he wasn't my friend but I belive he is a witness and could have helped to a very important investigation
    Drlog: we are unsure of who committed this act
    Marlamin nods.
    Marlamin: I hope whoever did it is brought to Justice.
    Drlog: but this isn't the first murder we are attributing to them
    Kithrak: Does it have anything to do with the threat made by the Mockers earlier?
    Drlog: what threatt ?
    Marlamin: Mockers.. Grr
    Kithrak: They auctually hired a hit on Bonefish.
    Kithrak: And threatened Fyarr, Omni-Trans
    Marlamin: I wish I could get my hands around that Metalynxes neck.. Just for a second.
    Drlog: hired a hit on Garret eh
    Kithrak: Yup.
    Kithrak: Successfully too.
    Drlog: really ?!?!?
    Kithrak nods
    Drlog: is he ok ?
    Kithrak: He was really grumpy for the rest of the day to say the least.
    Kithrak: He looks ok, nothing the insurance technology didn't cover.
    Marlamin: Hmm, I dont like the fact that the Rebels can get to the Department leaders so easily.
    Kithrak: Aye, well he was in a combat zone at the time though.
    Kithrak: Death can be expected.....
    Drlog: but not perma death
    Marlamin: He might not be as lucky next time, Better keep some Guards around him.
    Drlog: thats whats been happening in these cases
    Marlamin: Hmm.. Or we could.. If you are content on stopping the Mockers..
    Kithrak: Do the mockers have any mining bases?
    Marlamin: They have an extremly large and profitable Notum Mining operation In The Longest Road.. Very well secured aswell. If it was terminated.. You would halt their movements for long time..
    Kithrak: Or send a message.
    Marlamin grins.
    Kithrak: My department won't be able to help. We just finished getting the clans to stop attacking our legitimate bases.
    Marlamin nods.
    Kithrak arcs a brow at the clanner
    Kithrak: Can we help you?
    Missmiri: nope lol
    Suznahh beathing heavy
    Suznahh: Im..looking for Raq.... has anyone seen her
    Drlog is scrawling down details of what just happened
    Drlog: I'm speaking to her by comm now
    Suznahh becomes ill with fear
    Marlamin: Hmmm,
    Marlamin: I belive I will do some Recon on The Mocker Mining Facility.
    Drlog: Suz I'm trying to get her down here
    Marlamin: Want to get a clear picture of their strenghts.. And weaknesses.
    Suznahh: Hurry, I dont know if what just attacked that poor gent is coming for her
    Kithrak nods
    Drlog begins scrawling onto a pad again
    Marlamin: Good day Gentlemen
    Drlog: good day
    Marlamin salutes.
    Suznahh is fearful
    Kithrak: I have a business transaction to complete. Safe travels everyone.
    Drlog: bye kith
    Suznahh: Be careful
    Drlog awaits Sezmra
    Suznahh paces the floor
    Suznahh is worried
    Suznahh: I dont believe I have met you, Drlog.
    Sezmra: Destiny...
    Suznahh: raq, Im soo glad you made it here safely
    Sezmra: Mr. Saeger..
    Drlog nods at Sezmra
    Drlog: A guy named Susnesnoc just died, right here
    Sezmra frowns.
    Drlog: I was only in here by chance
    Drlog: and I'm afraid I need to be excused right now
    Sezmra blinks at Doc.
    Sezmra: mm.. okay.
    Drlog: I'll be back with you in around 20 mins, if thats ok
    Sezmra: Sure.. sure

((written by Drlog))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 16th, 2002 at 23:20:13.

No time.

There was no time left. Something had to be done. They needed the head offices involved. Some real officials.

Depaolo was dead. Suffering from the same fate of Jurik, Pschoeye. Raquel had hoped that he wouldn’t be... Hell, of course she didn’t… she didn’t want any of these people to die. None of them deserved their fate. None of them. Not Tisantous, not Suznahh or herself, and certainly not those that’d given their lives for merely being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Susnesnoc’s screams over her comm still echoed in her ears, as she replayed it. It hadn’t sunk in yet, that another was dead. But as she stood there, in the foyer of her apartment, it dawned on her. He.. he was so new to Rubi-Ka, so was Suznahh, they didn’t deserve this. She recalled the darkness in Drlog’s voice as he contacted her the night before, the slight panic she felt as she ran towards Rompa. She knew what had happened, but she wasn’t sure what awaited her there. Suznahh was with Drlog, standing over an area near the bar. They were happy to see she arrived safely… and explained how Susnesnoc was gunned down. Raquel needed no evidence of who, no why’s, then. She had already known. Soon, they noticed a residue left behind by the body. It was the same left behind by Pschoeye’s body. They had mused over what the hell was going on, why the gunshot wounds, why the cellular decay. Suznahh’d taken a sample of what they found there, and it was identified as DNA, broken down, but still stable enough at the time the sample was taken to make an ID. It occurred to them that perhaps these cloaked figures were cleaning up after themselves, using a weapon that dissolved the body on a cellular level. It was horrific to say the least. All of these perma-deaths. Suznahh went on about her recent studies in metaphysiology which was spurned by all of these freakish vision-like occurrences. Suznahh was more and more convinced Damon posed a threat to her and Raquel should he die. The “union” between the three seemed a possibility.
    If the night hadn’t been terrifying enough, Suznahh and Raquel both had experienced something Raquel had never seen before. There in Rompa, after they had examined the scene, shadows crept out from the corners of the bar. Unseen figures whisked past them, kicking up the air, brushing a chill against them. Raquel grew cold, shivering at the drop in temperatures. She and Suznahh trembled at the sights soon swooping down upon them. Darkness swirled around them, yet the shadows ebbed out and back again. Fear gripped Suznahh, and Raquel tried to console her, fighting away the panic as the doctor whispered his name.

“Damon..”, Suznahh quietly said, “He’s here.. he’s been here… with the others.. like him.”

Raquel sighed, brushing the memories of the night before away, wanting to be free of this, this, demon. Of this pain. Of all of it. The last few days had been rough on her. The suns seemed three-fold brighter, her skin felt tighter, her neck tingled, she would become easily distracted, and she slept. Well. But she dreamt. Of Damon, of Tisantous, of death.

Like a cruel emphasis, her comm hissed. It wasn’t that terrible hiss she was so accustomed to by now, but it was a popping, a weird sizzle. Static?! She brought up her wrist quickly and tapped a light on her comm, to bring the transmission to focus. A light static sizzled still, and a voice… Raquel hurriedly brought up the signal ID.

“Tis?!”, she yelped loudly into her comm.
    “..CC… ith… OL…”, the signal teased her, and she frantically made sure her comm had been recording it. Whew, yes, it had been. Good.
    “…ot…uch…ime.”, it fizzled back.
    “Tis, can you hear me?!”, she spat in frustration. Suddenly, without warning, the static was cut like butter by gunshots, some kind of scream, and… then the transmission was gone.
    “TIS?!”, no.. no, the signal, dead.

Raquel snapped her wrist-comm shut, flew out the door of her apartment, and to the Highrise lift. She had to find someone who could do something!

“Raq, I think we need the Officials in on this.. not just the locals.”

((Alamexis, thank you SO much for undertaking the task of compiling this story into one thread. Now let's RP! ))
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

((hehehehehe! NP Sez, this was WAY too cool of a story to abandon to confusion Do I have the dates/order of entries right?

EDIT: if anyone sees any problems with this thread (about dates/order/names/etc.), please email me at malcom_age@hotmail.com. No need to add it in here, even though I would just love the shameless bumps ))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 17th, 2002 at 02:04:15.

Boy's got a bit of a speech impediment there. You know you could always throw a few mil our way and thing might just get...fixed..*grin*
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

ugh... a lot of reading... ill do it a day i have the time.
    How many pages is it on??

/me mumberls something about spam filters and making a website version instead

Julilla curled up in a leather armchair by the window, her hands wrapped around a steaming mug of tea, and tried not to think about recent events. Instead, she gazed out the window. The city was softly lit by streetlamps, the streets still glistening from a recent rain. She could make out stars emerging from thinly dissolving clouds. Everything was hushed, few sounds reaching up as high as this room.

She glanced around, her eyes picking out details in the room. Raquel's apartment wasn't quite what she thought it would be. Very chic, modern, yet somehow elegant and comfortable. Her eyes travelled to the bedroom door, and she held her breath listening. No sounds reached her. Raquel was sleeping peacefully, or at least, pretending to. Juls had offered to give her a mild sedative, to help her sleep. Predictably, Raq had declined.

Poor Raq. Julilla felt terrible about imposing on her like this. As if the agent didn't have enough on her mind, without being assigned Juls, the wayward child that had to be taken care of. And Juls wasn't used to this, being obligated to someone, to people. It made her feel awkward and edgy. She wished she could be someplace else now, at home, no, not there...

A tremor flickered across her tensed jaw, as she involuntarily recollected the last 24 hours. After several long days of research, not enough sleep, she'd sought diversion in the arms of a casual acquaintance. She'd left his place a scant few hours later, gone back to work, annoyed with herself, determined to forget that moment of weakness. After a few hours of work, she'd decided to head home, intending to shower and catch a few hours of sleep.

Nothing, but nothing could have prepared her the sight that met her when she opened her apartment. It had been thoroughly ransacked. Nothing had been left untouched... furniture mangled, metal twisted, glass shattered, clothing slashed and torn. There were scorch marks... and... blood... and... entrails... and fur....and, an impossible number of flies buzzing around...

Something in her was screaming, telling her to run, and yet she was reluctantly drawn forward, deeper inside. Broken glass crunched beneath her feet. She slipped in a slick spot on the parquet floor, but caught herself. A small cloud of midges, disturbed by her, rose into the air one movement, then settled back to lap greedily at a pool of blood nearby. Blood was smeared on the walls, formed into bizarre symbols. There were what looked like.. intestines... hanging from the light fixture, draped over picture frames. Tufts of fur and feathers were scattered over furniture.

She made her way to the back of her apartment. The door to her small, private lab hung twisted on its hinges. Inside, she had kept several leets, a small dog, a pair of baby primates from Earth, and a half dozen tiny birds. They were... now part of the destruction that was her apartment. As she turned her head, taking all of this in, something caught her eye, and she moved over toward her bedroom. Her bed had been thrown against the wall, the bedding slashed. On the wall above were the words, drawn in blood, "NO MORE QUESTIONS, WITCH!" There was an arrow drawn next to the words, pointing down at something. She could hear the buzzing of the flies - how did flies get in here? - and she moved slowly toward the bed.

There was a figure, propped up on the bed, an effigy of sorts... whoever had done this had taken one of her old Omni-Med suits, stuffed it full of rags and torn clothing, and then made a cloth head, perched on top of the collar. One of her black sweaters, unravelled into yarn, had been used for hair. About a dozen sharp surgical instruments had been shoved into the chest of the dummy. Surrounding the dummy, arranged neatly on unbroken plates, were the small organs of the various animals she had kept. But their heads were missing.

She could hear the screaming in her head, and outside of herself, as well.

Hours later, after she'd hysterically scrubbed and scrubbed the walls, she put a call through to Mr. Silvestrini, and informed him she was resigning from the case. He had met at Rompa, bringing Raquel along with him. She had told them about her apartment. He had requested that she stay with Raq for the time being. She didn't tell them about the effigy.

So here she was now, at Raq's. She shifted in the large leather chair, her thoughts returning to that effigy. Witch. She hadn't been called that in over ten years, and was suddenly flooded with memories, of a small dark-haired girl, cornered by a crowd of hostile classmates, all pointing, whispering, finally shouting. Fear suddenly welled up in her throat, then it was bile, and she had to run to the bathroom to throw up. She rinsed her mouth after, and tiptoed to check on Raquel.

The agent appeared to be sleeping quietly. The moon was up outside, flooding the room with light, and Juls bent over her, examining Raquel's neck. She could make out a pair of puncture wounds, as well as some other teeth marks, mostly healed, just a bit puffy at the edges. Curiously, the skin just past the marks appeared to have taken on an almost translucent sheen, beautiful, really. Raq made some small sound, and Juls drew back, watching her face. A series of emotions appeared to flit across it... anger... defiance... fear? Juls wasn't sure. She briefly considered getting the syringe from her bag, injecting the woman now, but she dismissed the notion. She couldn't do that, it would be a breach of trust. And... she considered Raq a friend. No, she'd wait for Mr. Silvestrini to lay down the law. So for now, she'd just keep an eye on her friend.

She sat down on the floor near Raq's bed, leaning against the wall. She ran her hands through her hair, then rested her forehead against her knees, pondering the nature of an unseen enemy who could pluck out your deepest fears, and hold them over your head.

((written by Julilla))
    Last edited by sezmra; Dec 17th, 2002 at 15:12:22.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

Game Theory

Not knowing, or refusing to know, is bad, or amoral, at least. You can't act if you don't know. Acting without knowing takes you right off the cliff.

Ray Bradbury, “Something Wicked this Way Comes”

“Some hero.” Alamexis muttered in a self-mocking tone as he gazed into space through the porthole of the Omni-Tek transport. It had now been almost 36 hours since the transport’s engine system had failed in spectacular fashion, and almost 35 since the wounded spacecraft’s inertia had caused it to drift from the Hyperspace Transport Access Path and into a star system under lease by TruSpace Networks.

The initial hours had been passed explaining to his fellow passengers – two drunken veteran traders and a curious 25 year old fixer – that politics, and not Omni-Tek Corporation, were to blame for the inordinate delay. Had the ship drifted into an Omni-Tek leased system, the repair vessel (which was nothing more than a glorified tanker filled with notum and nanobots) would have had them underway within an hour. But, ever mindful of lessons learned during the Corporate Wars, TruSpace refused to allow their saviour to cross into their own space until it had been “inspected” for espionage equipment.

The fixer had busied himself typing and fiddling away with what must have been an elaborate interface that was, as a result of his undoubtedly superior implants, only visible within his own eyes. The two elderly traders, having spent the night clearing the bar of its contents and exchanging heated words on economic systems design, slept soundly in their reclined seats.

“Think we’ll be gettin’ goin’ any time soon, Mr. Age?” the fixer had turned his attention from his screens to Alamexis. Mr. Age…he seriously must know I'm no older than him...

“I would imagine within the next two hours, my friend.” Alamexis replied, without breaking his gaze out the porthole.

“Oh yeah?!” the fixer became visibly excited, sitting upright in his seat for the first time in hours. “How you know that?”

“The vultures outside told me.” Alamexis had been watching them for over seven hours, circling like hungry mongrels waiting to feed. Shifting his eyes ever so slightly, until the fixer's reflection became visible in the glass, he saw the puzzlement deepen on the fixer’s face. “TruSpace’s warships pounced on us the moment we breached the system, and have been circling ever since, making sure we’re not a wolf in sheep’s clothing. There were originally four, then eight when the repair ship pulled alongside, and now there are only two.”

“Ay! Put a bronto in it Age, ya windbag!” One of the traders had stirred and, still closer to sleep than consciousness, rolled over and grumbled without opening his eyes.

“The warships that are out there have also assumed a much less defensive posture, flying slower and closer to us. Standard solar defence pattern.”

“Gee, if I knew you were that bored, I woulda given you somethin’ to play with.” The fixer truly failed to comprehend the depths of thought that the man at the window was embattled with; had been embattled with, since boarding midnight transport on Sunday.

Three bitten; three infected. Drlog had yet to show any symptoms of the darkness that was evident in Raquel, and creeping ever forward in Ms. Forejt; Mr. Silvestrini, far too preoccupied with his rotting insides and attempts on his life, seemed similarly unaffected. All three were female, including the latest victim, Destiny "Suznahh" Niss. All three were of different breeds; Ms. Niss, a Nanomage; Ms. Forejt, Solitus; and Raquel…

And then the questions came to Alamexis. Mr. Clyburn had accelerated the warnings to him, most recently threatening that “yours ends drawsss closser to your door.” Yet, despite Alamexis’ taunting Mr. Clyburn, he had not sought confrontation. Similarly, Raquel had informed him that Jen – Demenzia – had confronted Mr. Clyburn but had not been assailed. Had it only been Alamexis, it would have been easy to explain: Mr. Clyburn only targets women, for whatever imaginable reason. But, Demenzia was female; there had to be an explanation as to why the two of them had thus far been spared.

He had recounted the manner in which five citizens had suffered perma-deaths; Irvin “Cyulas” Scola and Mona “Rattlis” Scales had their insurance profiles deleted, and were each executed by a single pistol round; Arijiki, Mr. Saar’s assistant, had succumbed to a relatively harmless nervous relaxant, his life-force – his “essence” – evaporating without a trace into the air itself; Quinn "Merryman" Honer’s mother, supposedly from a “virus”, her life-force similarly disappearing; “Psychoeye” Jurik, who had suffered several gunshot wounds to the head in the Omni-Tek training grounds before dissolving into a puddle of green slime; and Sunday night’s victim, Susnesnoc, who had also been shot, and who had suffered the same fate as Mr. Jurik.

And then more questions came to Alamexis. According to Raquel, Mr. Clyburn when prophesizing the death of Mr. Jurik, had stated that five had died prior to Psychoeye. Yet, Alamexis knew of only four – Scola, Scales, Arijiki and Quinn’s mother. Who was the fifth? Mr. Clyburn had died, his second-last death, according to his own statements, but he was resurrected, not perma-killed... It was perhaps this fifth death – sometime between the deaths of Arijiki on Wednesday and Quinn’s mother early Friday morning – that held the deal breaker of this sordid ordeal.

Yet another matter was these “others” in black cloaks, their symbol, those who “they” meet with, and the entire connection to Mr. Clyburn. These “others” – those who held Mr. Saar and to whom the symbol belonged – apparently did not belong on Rubi-Ka, but were welcomed in exchange for a monetary payment to the welcomers. Mercenaries…had been his initial thought; that someone on Rubi-Ka was sheltering them, protecting them, in exchange for the ever-lucrative Credit. “They” also seemed to immediately hunt and execute anyone who knew of them, anyone who “spoke the truth”. Mr. Clyburn had told Raquel that “they” knew he “spoke the truth”…that he countered what they…

It had hit Alamexis with the force of a solar flare; sudden illumination enveloped him. Everyone is wrong…Mr. Clyburn is…trying to help us? A shadow once again crept its way through his mind. How could he possibly be considered helping? He had assaulted a countless number of citizens, and above all else had bitten and infected three with whatever virus he carried. And he consistently spoke of his “union” with Raqu---

A second sun had just erupted across the landscape of his mind, forcing the shadows back. Mr. Clyburn admitted that could not survive another death, could not once again counter what “they” did to him…stated that they wanted to kill him… Insurance! Mr. Clyburn must have “bonded”, so to speak, with Raquel in order to preserve his thought, his memory, his being…

“Attention loyal employees of Omni-Tek: your corporate family has been diligently working, as always, to ensure your safety in the face of an evil hyper-corporation and to minimize the delays to your luxurious journey. Our nano-technicians have almost completed the repairs, and we will be underway shortly, on our way back to Rubi-Ka.” That familiar automated female voice, heard throughout the streets of Omni-Tek controlled cities on Rubi-Ka, had announced what they had yearned to hear for what seemed like eons.

“Back to Rubi-Ka?” Alamexis asked, finally turned from his perch at the window to face the group.

“Age, joo freckin’ leet! ‘Course we a headin back to Ka! Closer ‘an Prime!” The second trader had apparently roused at the sound of the announcement, and still seemed as polluted as the river in Tir.

Alamexis took his seat, glancing at his datapad. 5:30 p.m…he would set foot on Rubi-Kan soil shortly after 7...

((written by Alamexis))

((Note: Author list updated, thanks to a brilliant piece by Julilla. 9 and counting...))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Dec 18th, 2002 at 01:19:39.

Post A Message Marked In Blood

I still ask myself to this day how it is I managed to become entangled into this paranormal and political mess, but rather then sit and question why, I now know my role. I am very much involved, be it against my will. Forced by the hand of the said Damon "Demoneyes" Clyburn. Just writting his name causes me to tremble. And I was once a strict woman of reason, and science.

With the amount of perma-deaths rising, I knew that the prophecy I had been given by Damon was slowly beginning to unfold. But I was inclined to believe that my only link to this entire debacle was in essence with Damon. I was gravely mistaken. Apparently the ones responsable for the abduction of our Mr. Sid "Tisantous" Saar, and the growing number of perma-deaths, thought I knew a little too much for their liking.

It was as I was returning home to my appartment one evening, after a long battle with horrific visions and just speaking with my newly found friend Raquel. I had hoped to at keast try and sit to clear my head, but "they" had other plans. As I typed in my access code for my appartment door and it glided open, hissing on its tracks, a foul, and disturbing, horrific mess greeted me.

My eyes darted every which way trying to recover from a possible hallucination, but the blood that was sprayed upon every piece of furniture I owned, upon my walls, failed to disappear with my desperate blinks to try and save my sanity.

Slowly stepping in, I nearly slipped in a pool of blood at my front door, I shakingly reached for my comm and sent a message to Raquel, who responded immediately. Describing the situationt o her struck her with as much fear as it did me upon seeing it. She repeatedly asked me if it was real, if I was sure, and I affirmed its harsh grip in reality. Her voice moaned in saddness. Whose blood was this? Why was it spilled in my home? Was it some kind of warning?

I quickly tried to come to my senses and recoverd a sample (being a woamn of science and medicine) I ran it through my lab kit, as Raquel anxiously awaited the results.
    ""Processing Sample<>><..Breed Indentified:Homo-Nano, Male..<><> Cross Checking DNA Trace:<>><...DNA Identified: Host: Sid"Tisantous"Saar, Homo-Nano, Male, Age:105...Sample Analysis Complete><>><>.."""
    The results brought horror to both myself and Raquel, who would carry out such a brutal act, and why? Raquel gasped in disbelief, begging for it not to be true, but I knew deep within my own core that there was no debating the validity of this occurance.

"Raquel, I feel bad for this man, this Tisantous. No one can afford to have that much blood loss and live, unless he he hanging on by pure strength.. I..I.."
    Raquel could only respond with,
    "I know who is behind this, there is no question in my mind, he isnt dead I know it!"

As the stench ran wild within my appartment, I began to clean, all the while hearing a faint whisper that engulfed my entire surroundings chanting "Sssomethin Wicked Thisss Way Comesss"

If it is coming, may Omni Protect us in all its might. I can not live to see another innocent person struck down at the hands of these self-serving vicious corporate... "they" Or is it safe to say SOL?

<>Suznahh
    Last edited by Tisantous; Dec 18th, 2002 at 04:00:32.

Deal Breaker - Part I

December 17, 29476
    7:10 p.m.

[Alamexis]: Raquel, Raquel are you there?
    [Sezmra]: Malcom? Hello there…how’re you?
    [Alamexis]: Listen – where are you?
    [Sezmra]: Oh, Relax! Bar at the moment. Are you alright?
    [Alamexis]: I’m fine. We need to talk Raquel – I think we have it all wrong about Mr. Clyburn – I don’t think he’s out to hurt anyone.
    [Sezmra]: Well…we can. But really Malcom, he’s also talked about both our deaths…he’s mentioned using you to…”further his legacy” *sigh*
    [Alamexis]: Then so be it. But I need to talk to you.
    [Sezmra]: Oh, I’m not saying that’s his intention. If he really IS a vampire, he can’t really help it… *sigh*
    [Sezmra]: If I thought he really wanted to hurt us… I’d have probably shot him for the last time…by now…
    [Alamexis]: …I don’t think he is, Raquel. I think he’s somehow…trying to help us. This isn’t something I want to discuss over comm.
    [Alamexis]: Now is not the time to be so callous with our thoughts.
    [Sezmra]: Yes, I know Mr. Age, that’s why you’re the “political analyst” and I’m not. *chuckles* Where would you like to meet?
    [Alamexis]: Wherever, so long as it’s out and in the open with a minimal number of people and places to hide. Oh, and now.
    [Sezmra]: Perhaps the northern BB stand in Entertainment?
    [Alamexis]: Good. I’ll meet you there.

Several minutes later…

19:55: Alamexis: Hi, Raq--Ms. Svancara.
    19:55: Alamexis smiles
    19:55: Sezmra: Hello there Mr. Age.
    19:55: Alamexis: I'm sorry if I sounded harsh or cold...
    19:55: Alamexis looks away
    19:55: Sezmra: No.. it's alright.
    19:55: Sezmra: You're right.
    19:56: Alamexis tilts his head, in shock
    19:56: Alamexis: What do you mean?
    19:56: Sezmra: It's not a time to be.. "callous".
    19:56: Alamexis narrows his eyes, still puzzled
    19:57: Sezmra shakes her head.
    19:57: Sezmra: It's of no consequence...
    19:57: Alamexis: What do you mean, Raquel?
    19:57: Sezmra shrugs.
    19:57: Sezmra: I don't know.. I just.
    19:58: Alamexis gently grasps both sides of Sezmra's head
    19:58: Alamexis: Please...tell me...
    19:58: Sezmra: I guess this case has gotten to me...
    19:58: Sezmra looks up and smiles.
    19:59: Alamexis stares through Sezmra's shades, into her eyes
    19:59: Sezmra: It's hard not to just want everyone causing hurt for us to be..
    19:59: Sezmra: Taken care of.. and well, I know my opinion of Damon is..
    19:59: Sezmra: Quite biased..
    20:00: Alamexis shakes his head subtly
    20:00: Sezmra rambles on.
    20:00: Alamexis: No...
    20:01: Alamexis: ...Raquel, I need to ask you a few questions, and I NEED you to answer them as completely and honestly as possible...please, don't let any more shadows cross us
    20:01: Sezmra raises an eyebrow.
    20:01: Sezmra: That's what I came here to do.. to talk, hear your thoughts, share mine.
    20:02: Alamexis nods
    20:02: Sezmra: I'm just glad this stand has a shade.
    20:02: Alamexis sighs
    20:02: Sezmra smirks.
    20:02: Alamexis: I know.
    20:02: Sezmra looks up.
    20:02: Alamexis reaches forward, lightly tapping Sezmra's temple with his finger
    20:03: Alamexis: I'm not the only one in there, am I?
    20:03: Alamexis smirks
    20:03: Sezmra furrows her brow.
    20:03: Sezmra: Well I hope *I'M* in there.
    20:03: Sezmra laughs.
    20:03: Alamexis chuckles lightly
    20:03: Alamexis shakes his head
    20:03: Sezmra: Would you like to sit... or..
    20:03: Sezmra: Stand about.
    20:04: Alamexis: Whatever you would like, Raquel.
    20:04: Sezmra glances over the bar.
    20:04: Sezmra: Ohhh
    20:04: Sezmra: Well, no matter.
    20:04: Alamexis: He's in your head, isn’t he?
    20:05: Sezmra looks at Malcom curiously.
    20:05: Sezmra: Who..
    20:05: Alamexis stares at Sezmra, unblinking
    20:05: Alamexis: You know who.
    20:05: Sezmra rubs her face and sighs.
    20:05: Alamexis: I think you're his insurance policy, Raquel...
    20:06: Sezmra: Really...
    20:06: Alamexis nods
    20:06: Sezmra rubs her temples.
    20:06: Alamexis: Yes...
    20:06: Alamexis: You said yourself that he can only die once more
    20:07: Sezmra: Well.. according to him.
    20:07: Alamexis nods
    20:07: Alamexis: I think he's "speaking the truth", to borrow a phrase
    20:07: Sezmra: Suznahh.. is possibly backing up the theory..
    20:07: Alamexis: How so?
    20:07: Sezmra: Due to her research of late.
    20:08: Sezmra: She read something...
    20:08: Alamexis listens intently
    20:08: Sezmra: About how it's possible that due to his ”Nature" or "talents" he had say... a free ticket out of hell. All the attunement he's done to his "Nature" allows such a free death.
    20:09: Sezmra: Kind of like... a snake... shedding its skin.
    20:09: Alamexis: A gift that "they" gave him
    20:09: Sezmra: "they"?..
    20:09: Alamexis nods
    20:09: Alamexis: The ones who have Tisantous
    20:09: Sezmra: Surely you don't mean...
    20:09: Sezmra: EH..
    20:09: Alamexis: That are after him.
    20:09: Sezmra: Maybe?
    20:10: Alamexis: I think he used to be one of "them", but for whatever reason, he went rogue; Ajiki, too.
    20:10: Alamexis: That latter bit got Tisantous nailed.
    20:10: Sezmra raises an eyebrow.
    20:10: Sezmra: Arijiki?
    20:10: Alamexis: Ajiki must have been "wearing his last layer of skin", so to speak
    20:11: Sezmra: What..
    20:11: Alamexis nods at the correction
    20:11: Sezmra: I thought he was just..
    20:11: Sezmra: Some assistant...
    20:11: Alamexis shakes his head
    20:11: Alamexis: I don't think so.
    20:11: Alamexis: Think back, Raquel...
    20:11: Sezmra glances around the ground, digging into her memory furiously.
    20:12: Alamexis: ...it was a simple nervous relaxant, and, upon death, his life "essence" evaporated
    20:12: Alamexis: Without a trace
    20:12: Sezmra: True enough... but.
    20:12: Alamexis: The other two dissolved into a green slime, but Arijiki didn't
    20:12: Sezmra: No.. didn't.
    20:13: Sezmra: We got word that he never cell scanned though..
    20:13: Sezmra: But that's so hard to believe...
    20:13: Alamexis nods
    20:13: Sezmra waves a hand.
    20:13: Alamexis: There's more, Raquel.
    20:13: Sezmra: Who would work for a prominent Politician and never.. scan?
    20:13: Alamexis: Exactly.
    20:14: Alamexis: Unless Tisantous was harbouring him - protecting him - in the hopes of learning "the truth"
    20:14: Sezmra gasps.
    20:14: Sezmra: You don't mean..
    20:14: Alamexis nods
    20:14: Sezmra: He did.. "find him".
    20:14: Sezmra: Why didn't..
    20:14: Sezmra frowns.
    20:14: Alamexis: I think Mr. Saar was very close to breaking the case
    20:15: Sezmra: I have to wonder what KIND of case, Malcom.
    20:15: Sezmra: This is highly troublesome.
    20:15: Alamexis nods
    20:15: Alamexis: ...there's more
    20:15: Sezmra tilts her head.
    20:16: Alamexis: I was able to obtain a copy of your report. It wasn't rated too highly on SPARTA's security classification, but...
    20:16: Alamexis shakes his head clear of the thought
    20:16: Alamexis: ...that's not important
    20:16: Alamexis: What is important...
    20:17: Sezmra fidgets, tugging her gloves, waiting.
    20:17: Alamexis: ...is that you quote Demoneyes as saying that "they" don't belong on Rubi-Ka; that the people "they" meet with work for money.
    20:17: Sezmra nods.
    20:18: Alamexis: Someone on Rubi-Ka - some group - is sheltering "them" for money
    20:18: Sezmra: I thought...
    20:19: Sezmra: I was so sure...
    20:20: Sezmra bites at her lower lip, thinking intensely.
    20:21: Alamexis watches Sezmra, calmly
    20:21: Sezmra: I thought for sure this was about SOL...
    20:21: Sezmra: Paying off ICC..
    20:21: Alamexis smiles
    20:21: Alamexis: That is what they wanted you to think
    20:21: Sezmra raises an eyebrow.
    20:22: Sezmra: But..
    20:22: Sezmra: Tis..
    20:22: Alamexis: Wanted "us" to think
    20:22: Sezmra: He..
    20:22: Alamexis: He what?
    20:22: Sezmra grimaces, wincing at memories.
    20:22: Sezmra gasps.
    20:22: Sezmra: It must be!!
    20:22: Alamexis takes Sezmra's hand, staring at her sympathetically
    20:22: Alamexis: What?
    20:22: Sezmra: I.. I received a transmission just yesterday.
    20:22: Sezmra: While I was about to leave home...
    20:23: Sezmra: It's in the files too, but.. the thing is..
    20:23: Sezmra fidgets.
    20:23: Sezmra: He said.. through the static.
    20:23: Sezmra: "ICC with SOL.. not much time... "
    20:23: Sezmra: Then..
    20:23: Sezmra: gun shots..
    20:23: Sezmra: a groan.. and it was gone.
    20:24: Alamexis sighs heavily, letting go of Sezmra's hand and looking down in sadness
    20:24: Sezmra: But Malcom..
    20:24: Alamexis: Tis...
    20:24: Sezmra: Think a moment.
    20:24: Alamexis looks back up at Sezmra
    20:24: Sezmra: What if they WANT us to think he's dead.
    20:24: Sezmra: And we think we were right.
    20:24: Sezmra: it was ICC and SOL
    20:24: Alamexis raises an eyebrow
    20:25: Sezmra: But it's not and he's still out there?
    20:25: Alamexis: Heavens above...
    20:25: Sezmra sighs.
    20:25: Sezmra: I don't know.
    20:25: Alamexis: No, no...you DO know!
    20:25: Alamexis: That's it!
    20:25: Alamexis: It ALL ties in now...Demoneyes' warnings!
    20:25: Sezmra blinks.
    20:26: Alamexis: Raquel, these people, "them", want to start a war
    20:26: Sezmra pants, trying to fit it all together.
    20:26: Alamexis: That will bring "Omni defeat"
    20:26: Sezmra: A war..?
    20:26: Sezmra: A war!
    20:26: Sezmra: ICC!
    20:26: Sezmra: Of course!
    20:26: Alamexis nods, smiling
    20:26: Alamexis: And SOL
    20:26: Sezmra: We barrel in
    20:26: Sezmra: Claiming our claims...
    20:26: Sezmra: and...
    20:26: Alamexis: Remember what I said at Reet's last Friday?
    20:27: Sezmra: Tis wasn't warning us about SOL and ICC in our dreams as working together...
    20:27: Sezmra rambles on.
    20:27: Sezmra: He was warning us that it would be the catalyst to this destruction..
    20:27: Alamexis: When we were talking about the symbol on the letter, I said "I don't think there was a risk involved"
    20:27: Alamexis: Exactly, Raquel.
    20:28: Sezmra lets out a deep breath.
    20:28: Sezmra: oh god Malcom...
    20:28: Sezmra: This is an incredible..
    20:28: Alamexis: Saar WAS warning us...just as Clyburn is.
    20:29: Sezmra swallows hard, eyes scanning unseen motives..
    20:29: Sezmra: Oh this is..
    20:29: Alamexis nods in acknowledgement
    20:30: Sezmra squirms, anxious.
    20:30: Alamexis: I-I'm not....
    20:30: Sezmra: So exciting.. what a realisation.
    20:30: Alamexis takes a deep breath
    20:30: Alamexis: ...finished.
    20:30: Alamexis looks away, painfully
    20:31: Sezmra catches her breath and tries to regain her composure.
    20:31: Alamexis glances down, fiddling nervously
    20:32: Alamexis has a single tear fall slowly down his cheek
    20:32: Sezmra frowns, studying.
    20:32: Sezmra: Mr. Age...?
    20:32: Sezmra: Did someone..
    20:32: Sezmra: Not another victim!?
    20:33: Alamexis looks back up, taking another deep breath
    20:33: Alamexis: No...
    20:33: Alamexis: ...still far too concerned with the first
    20:33: Alamexis looks back at Sezmra
    20:33: Sezmra: Well, Arijiki is long gone I think...
    20:33: Alamexis: The most important task may yet lie in your han...dreams
    20:33: Sezmra: Or I suppose...
    20:34: Sezmra: What, do you mean?
    20:34: Alamexis averts Sezmra's gaze, looking down
    20:34: Alamexis: Your "union" with him...
    20:34: Sezmra straightens up.
    20:34: Sezmra: What..
    20:34: Sezmra: Tell me?
    20:34: Alamexis: I-I said at the beginning of this that...you were his insurance policy...
    20:35: Alamexis: This "union" of his is his way of making sure that h-he....
    20:35: Alamexis: ...saves us all
    20:35: Alamexis: Even if they get him first...
    20:36: Alamexis takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself
    20:36: Alamexis tries to look back up at Sezmra, but continues to look down
    20:36: Sezmra: You don't..
    20:36: Sezmra: Mean..
    20:36: Sezmra: That..
    20:37: Sezmra: He's going to use me... to make sure he survives?
    20:37: Alamexis shouts: Dammit, I don't know what I mean...what this means!
    20:37: Alamexis has tears streaming down his cheeks
    20:37: Alamexis looks away
    20:37: Sezmra frowns heavily.
    20:38: Alamexis takes another deep breath...closing his eyes
    20:38: Sezmra: Mr. Age...
    20:38: Sezmra rubs his shoulder.
    20:38: Sezmra: Let's not damn me just yet.
    20:38: Alamexis opens his eyes, looking upwards
    20:38: Sezmra smiles.
    20:38: Alamexis: I-I don't want...
    20:38: Alamexis: ...his warning to me

Deal Breaker - Part II

20:39: Alamexis: "In ssshadowed realmsss where death resssides, is where your dessstiny abidesss, for weaknesss fillsss your very core..."
    20:39: Alamexis: ...
    20:40: Sezmra blinks, an eyebrow raised.
    20:40: Sezmra: Damon has said a lot...
    20:40: Alamexis: Never anything this poignant
    20:40: Alamexis wipes the tears from his cheeks
    20:40: Alamexis: You...
    20:40: Alamexis chuckles
    20:40: Sezmra pats his hand.
    20:40: Alamexis: ...seem to be my weakness, Raquel
    20:41: Sezmra: Don't cry over a cold hearted agent like me…
    20:41: Sezmra pauses.
    20:41: Alamexis: I have agonized over this for...what seems like days
    20:41: Alamexis: ...and I almost wasn't going to tell you
    20:41: Sezmra: I see.
    20:42: Sezmra: I'm not sure WHY, I could be anyone's.. "weakness"...
    20:42: Sezmra chuckles nervously.
    20:42: Sezmra breathes out slowly.
    20:42: Alamexis: I think the only way to find Tis, to find out who is responsible for this and to make THEM pay, is for you to...to...
    20:43: Sezmra holds her breath, listening.
    20:43: Alamexis: ..."the shadowed realm"...
    20:43: Alamexis: ...not sure what it means...but...
    20:43: Sezmra: I think I have an idea...
    20:43: Alamexis: I think he's tryi--
    20:43: Sezmra: .. of what it means.
    20:43: Alamexis looks up
    20:44: Sezmra: Ignorant idea at best, but.
    20:44: Sezmra: Ever since…
    20:44: Sezmra motions to her neck.
    20:45: Alamexis nods
    20:45: Sezmra: Shadows are not mere shapes cast about due to light.
    20:45: Sezmra: Over time.. they’ve.. grown.
    20:46: Alamexis stares intently at Sezmra
    20:46: Sezmra: Into something more tangible, but unreachable.
    20:46: Sezmra: I mean, afterall.. I'm not fully..
    20:46: Alamexis grimaces in realization
    20:46: Sezmra nods her head to suggest something.
    20:46: Alamexis: ...one of them
    20:47: Sezmra: And it's as though, beneath what you and I are used to, every day life.
    20:47: Sezmra frowns, afraid she's given in to the "hogwash".
    20:47: Alamexis: Demoneyes said himself that his soul lives on; implied that soul only occupied a "shell" or skin on this world.
    20:48: Sezmra: There's shadows.
    20:48: Sezmra: Ebbing all around.
    20:48: Alamexis nods
    20:48: Alamexis: And only three - four including Clyburn - can see them
    20:48: Sezmra: Four..?
    20:49: Alamexis nods
    20:49: Sezmra counts in her head.
    20:49: Alamexis: Only those to whom he has tried to pass his "essence"
    20:49: Alamexis: You, Ms. Forejt, and Suznahh
    20:49: Sezmra nods.
    20:50: Alamexis: They've seen them too, haven’t they?
    20:50: Sezmra: That's what I'm curious about…
    20:50: Sezmra: He said he'd "made another".
    20:50: Sezmra: I had hoped Lesentia was free of... this.
    20:50: Sezmra sighs.
    20:50: Alamexis: Maybe she is...
    20:50: Sezmra: I hope for her sake.
    20:50: Alamexis: Maybe Suznahh is this "other"
    20:51: Sezmra: She definitely is having.. problems. Heh
    20:51: Sezmra gasps softly.
    20:51: Sezmra: Of course...
    20:51: Sezmra: They've tried twice now to convince us Tis is dead.
    20:51: Alamexis: Twice?
    20:51: Alamexis: Explain.
    20:51: Sezmra: The night I met Suznahh
    20:51: Sezmra: She was going home and we said our goodbyes and...
    20:51: Sezmra: She screamed over the comm suddenly.
    20:52: Sezmra: The walls of her apartment were covered in blood...
    20:52: Sezmra: She patched her field test kit into my comm channel and sent me the results of the blood there.
    20:52: Sezmra: They were Tis'.
    20:52: Sezmra: So.. obviously one would assume..
    20:52: Alamexis sighs
    20:53: Alamexis: Yeah...
    20:53: Sezmra: Even she did.
    20:53: Sezmra: "How can someone lose that much blood.."
    20:53: Sezmra: etcetera...
    20:53: Alamexis: This all moves beyond me, Raquel. I've gamed this out, but I fear that the metaphysical is beyond my reason.
    20:54: Alamexis: What I do know...
    20:54: Alamexis: ...is that somehow, you and her are special.
    20:54: Sezmra grimaces.
    20:54: Alamexis: You and her are MEANT, somehow, to understand this - to "see the truth"
    20:54: Sezmra: But.. how?
    20:54: Sezmra: Why?
    20:54: Alamexis shakes his head
    20:54: Sezmra: And be targets eh...
    20:54: Sezmra hmmphs.
    20:54: Alamexis: I don't know...
    20:55: Alamexis: What I do know, is that time is precious
    20:55: Alamexis: and....
    20:55: Alamexis bites his lip
    20:55: Sezmra: Yes... it is.
    20:55: Alamexis: ...that somehow, some way, you have to let Demoneyes help you...
    20:55: Alamexis: ...you have to let him show you "the truth"
    20:56: Alamexis: ...even if that means...
    20:56: Alamexis shuts his eyes tight, stopping at that
    20:56: Sezmra nods slowly.
    20:56: Sezmra: So...
    20:57: Sezmra: Basically.
    20:57: Sezmra: I have to risk my life.
    20:57: Alamexis nods, eyes still closed
    20:57: Sezmra: For Tisantous.
    20:57: Alamexis: Now you see why I didn't want to tell you...
    20:57: Alamexis: And not just for Tisantous
    20:57: Alamexis: For us all
    20:57: Sezmra nods once, a smile flickering across her face.
    20:57: Sezmra: Exactly.
    20:57: Alamexis opens his eyes, looking up
    20:58: Sezmra: Malcom...
    20:58: Alamexis: I-I...don't know how this works...
    20:58: Alamexis: ...Raquel, if I could take your place, I would...
    20:58: Sezmra straightens out her gloves, intently.
    20:58: Sezmra shakes her head.
    20:58: Sezmra: No.
    20:58: Alamexis: ...but I can't
    20:58: Sezmra: When I joined SPARTA, I was asked basically...
    20:59: Sezmra: Well, perhaps not intentionally so, but what would I "do".
    20:59: Sezmra: For Omni-Tek.
    20:59: Alamexis nods
    20:59: Sezmra: And I was asked... how I felt about "death".
    21:00: Sezmra: My reply was. That I would give my life.
    21:00: Alamexis takes a deep breath
    21:00: Sezmra: Only if it were not a waste to do so.
    21:00: Alamexis: ...I know.
    21:00: Sezmra smiles.
    21:00: Alamexis: We have to find a way...
    21:00: Sezmra: Turns out, funnily enough, that wasn't actually the question.
    21:00: Sezmra laughs.
    21:00: Alamexis doesn't laugh
    21:00: Sezmra: He had meant the deaths of others.. but.
    21:00: Sezmra shrugs lightly.
    21:01: Alamexis: No...
    21:01: Alamexis shakes his head
    21:01: Alamexis: He was warning us of the death of others...
    21:01: Alamexis: ...at the hands of "them"
    21:01: Sezmra: Yes..
    21:02: Alamexis: Raquel...you have this, Suznahh has this, and I'm quite certain that Tisantous does, as well...
    21:02: Alamexis: ...whatever "this" is.
    21:02: Alamexis: Whatever it is that is giving your these abilities to see
    21:03: Alamexis: ….we...we have to find a cure
    21:03: Alamexis: We will find a cure
    21:03: Alamexis tries to smile
    21:03: Alamexis: For when you come back
    21:04: Sezmra breathes deeply.
    21:04: Sezmra: I hope so...
    21:05: Alamexis: We will...I don't care if I have to protest in ICC for centuries...
    21:05: Alamexis chuckles, finally
    21:05: Sezmra smiles.
    21:06: Alamexis: You need to find Suznahh, and tell her all of this...Lesentia, too.
    21:06: Alamexis: Does Julilla still have all of the samples?
    21:06: Sezmra: Yes… I think so.
    21:06: Alamexis nods
    21:06: Sezmra: She's removed herself from it though.. but…
    21:07: Alamexis: Is there anyone else who you think can help her with this? Anyone who has access to what we might need?
    21:07: Sezmra: Doctors?
    21:07: Sezmra: Uhm...
    21:08: Alamexis looks at Sezmra
    21:08: Alamexis: I don't know...DNA data, insurance data...whatever...
    21:09: Sezmra: Zimzer might be able to help..
    21:09: Sezmra: He's supposedly talked to her already.
    21:09: Sezmra: And we'e got Jen..
    21:09: Sezmra: Who's intent on curing me.
    21:09: Sezmra smirks.
    21:09: Alamexis: Zimzer? Jen!
    21:09: Alamexis: She's a computer whiz, isn't she?
    21:09: Sezmra: Yes.. quite.
    21:10: Alamexis nods
    21:10: Sezmra chuckles.
    21:10: Sezmra: You've no idea.
    21:10: Alamexis smiles
    21:10: Alamexis: Then I hope to find out.
    21:11: Alamexis: You need to find this "shadowed realm", somehow, and let him show you what you need to see...
    21:11: Sezmra: Yes...
    21:11: Sezmra: Perhaps..
    21:11: Sezmra: I can talk to Suznahh
    21:11: Sezmra: Her... Nature..
    21:11: Sezmra: Has advanced quite a bit.
    21:11: Alamexis: How bad is she?
    21:11: Sezmra: She suffered some .. burns the other day from the suns.
    21:12: Sezmra: Very jumpy.. her face is so..
    21:12: Sezmra: Pale and..
    21:12: Alamexis frowns in sadness
    21:12: Alamexis: You too...Raquel.
    21:12: Sezmra rubs at her cheek.
    21:13: Alamexis gently grabs Sezmra's hand, pulling it away
    21:13: Alamexis: Don't pick at it
    21:13: Alamexis smiles
    21:13: Sezmra smirks.
    21:14: Sezmra sighs.
    21:14: Sezmra: You know..
    21:14: Alamexis stares at Sezmra
    21:15: Sezmra: I'm going to have a time explaining this..
    21:15: Sezmra: "Oh Boss.. I'll be right back, I've gotta go hop in the Shadow Realm real quick and save Tis."
    21:15: Alamexis laughs
    21:15: Alamexis: Sock him in the gut and then run for it.
    21:15: Sezmra gasps!
    21:16: Sezmra chuckles.
    21:16: Alamexis smiles
    21:16: Alamexis: Please don't tell him I said that.
    21:16: Sezmra: Don't worry.
    21:16: Alamexis: Wouldn't want him sending you to hunt me down, after all.
    21:16: Alamexis smirks
    21:16: Sezmra: I don't want him to strain himself back on world to ..
    21:16: Sezmra grins.
    21:17: Sezmra rubs her neck and shoulder.
    21:17: Alamexis gasps quietly
    21:17: Alamexis: Raquel...we need to get you to some shelter.
    21:17: Sezmra frowns.
    21:17: Alamexis: Here...
    21:18: Sezmra: Hm?
    21:18: Alamexis covers Sezmra with his jacket
    21:18: Sezmra smiles.
    21:18: Sezmra: Thanks…
    21:18: Sezmra: I guess I'll hurry to Rompa..
    21:18: Sezmra: Nice and... dark.
    21:19: Alamexis fakes a smile
    21:19: Alamexis shouts: Raquel!
    21:19: Sezmra: Hm..?
    21:20: Alamexis: We'll all be here waiting when you come back.
    21:20: Alamexis smiles
    21:20: Sezmra smiles slightly.
    21:21: Sezmra: I know..
    21:21: Alamexis: Good luck.
    21:21: Sezmra nods.
    21:21: Sezmra whew's to herself.

((OOC: This is my first RP post, please PM me and give my suggestions if you want to))

Sitting in Rompa Bar, pouring over the latest grid report, Randa's eyes were slowly widening as she read. As she was reading, the words were slowly coming out of her mouth as she stared at the glowing screen in front of her eyes. Randa slowly shut the comm and then just blankly stared into space as she contemplated what she had just read. "He's right! It all fits!" she said out loud to the whole bar.

As she tore herself away form her seat in Rompa, she was sure that many of the citizens there must have thought that she was crazy. "As if they knew..." She thought to herself. Running out of the bar at breakneck speed, she runs away from other people to the streets of Omni-1 to have some time to think to herself.

Out on the open, valley-like streets of the city, Randa thinks back to only a month ago when she was transferred here by Intern-Ops. She remembers when she walked out of her shuttle and into the beautiful night sky that shrouded Omni-1. The tall glistening towers that seemed to stretch all the way to the moon, and the streets, some alive with people, others abandoned to the wind.

Now, most of the streets were silent, and the inhabitants plus the employees of Omni had no idea what could be unleashed upon them.......

As Randa's comm started to blink, she turned back toward Rompa, she realized that tonight would be a long night.
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

(( Ten authors and counting...! Very nicely done, Ms. Forejt!))

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast