Thread: Regarding the Calm Nerf

Regarding the Calm Nerf

I know this has been proably been posted about a hundred times and I'm not the most regarded on stuff like this. But, the reason that was given for nerfing calms just isn't sitting right with me. Reason being is, they are saying that calms should affect (in theory) mobs about the level of the calm. So, level wise, if I use a calm rough the same level if not higher than the mob it would stick in the intial first or two attempts, not the next 10. I've had calm attempts takeing anywhere from 10 to 20 attempts and with skills well above the calm's requirements.

230% resists depedent on level is a bit out of someone's mind on that one. If they were so dedicated to setting the calms on a good "level" requirement why not something similar to what was done with charms with the stat requirement on the target to check for resist? Both nanos affect the mind and go along the same lines. I know this proably isn't a solution for it, but just saying, there has got to be some reasonable way to control calm and still make it useable. Haveing people die anytime we get an add because between myself and another NT we can't get a calm to stick this year is outright nuts.

If I'm wrong on this and not doing something right, please someone say something. Would love to know what I'm screwing up.
    Karma "Nightsteel" Shadowfire
    Advisor, The Pilgrims
    Clan, Nano-Technician, Rimor

It's another stupid PvP adjustment (where it doesn't help btw) that kills PvM use of calms. As a trader, with nearly maxed, and implanted skills, I stand no chance of calming a red if I do not have high level drains running. But at least I can do that - I can't imagine how it is for crats/NTs now.

This simply sucks for us NTS Nts have onlt 4 calm nanos 2nd having 270reqs thirs a whooping 640 (or so) so for 50-80 lelels a nt wont get another calm and will be useless as a calmer for calming at the time. Now it takes me sometimes 5-10 times to calm some mobs sometimes they dont get calmed at all.

Unhappy And...

And the situation isn't much better for crats, except we don't have your nukes, and around lvl 110, my best implanted pet is green... oh joy...
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

yah, i suck at calming now...

when in a team, "add" "add" "add" "uhhh your supposed to calm them" "Im trying!"

I just fit into ql 80 crat calm Demotivate-- I try doing a 94 team mission w/ a team, i cant calm squat! They get mad, and ditch me for a doc for the next mission...

I implant for calm/charm, my pet is yellow to me. In teams they dont want me to charm because it messes up the % for the token, my pet doesnt do enough damage, my nukes are sub-par and come once every 20 levels. I have a mez that takes 6 tries to land. It sucks.

I tend to agree that calms were over-fixed. The numbers need tweaked, that much is certain, and some professions may need more calm nanos added to their lines.

And teams who don't want you to charm must just be stupid. Charm a nice MA or Enf MOB, beat up the rest of the level with it's help, then before going to next level, free it and beat it up. Unless your very careless, the charmed MOB won't get killed, and if it gets a bit too hurt, just rest it a bit before using it again. Nothing like having a Vet Enf on your team
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Personnaly I have strange things with the mezzes.
    Most of time, at level 88, I have no problem mezzing at all, as a trader I'm using 2 differend mezzes depending on drains i'm able to land, a QL 106 and a QL 63.Most of time it lands on 1st or 2d attempt on mobs lv 120+ with the ql 106 and on the 2d to 4th attempt with the QL 63.
    But the strange thing is that sometimes I'm totally unable to cast mezzes on mobs lower than 120, like lv100 ones with the 106 mezz and sometimes I manage to mezz mobs like cyborgs around level 170 or mobs in missions 140 at the first attempt with the QL 63 ....