Thread: Any kind of ETA on 14.8? This year next year, never?

Any kind of ETA on 14.8? This year next year, never?

Could there atleast be some vauge pointer to when the legendary 14.8 patch (the last chance for FC to fix NTs if their old promises have any credibility at all.)

This year? begginig of the next one? faaar to early to tell? or Funcoms trade mark answer: soon?

Next patch will prolly be 14.7.7 - The Xmas Specials. :-) Then a patch very late in Dec to remove the Xmas specials.

(My Guess. Someone said somewhere that there will be some Xmas fun stuff going on.)

-Af.

Great so the NT love will be a santa leet that drops a useful present. To bad that a leet is to powerful vs a NT any level so we cant get the item

You'd think that the message would be clear by now.

Funcom is no longer issuing "love" patches.
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hehe funny how halestorm always posts about Nt's needing love on any post... any post related to patching

Arrow

Originally posted by Atremis
    You'd think that the message would be clear by now.

Funcom is no longer issuing "love" patches.
    Then make it a "fix" NT's were promised a long time ago

NTs are fine they way they are now.

The new nukes are great (yea, so they are hard to get - so is GAMKIV, etc. Plus they are easier to get than some nanos.)

You are arguably the best at Tower PvP. AoE blind, Nullity Sphere, AoE Nuke, AoE Nuke, AoE Nuke. (do this with a fellow NT or three) And, boom. Corpses litter the ground.

If you strap on a flashpoint, you can have an alpha that does around 7-10k damage in about 5 seconds. (pvp damage that is), which is great for duels against most any profession.

~Chris

Engies are fine the way they are now.
    They have uber bots and shields and Flashpoints that can alpha 7-10k damage in 5 seconds (pvp)....

/sarcasm off

no offense but, give me a break please.
    The new nukes are not great, corruption does less damage over time than IEF, is hard to get, and has very high reqs and lvl reqs. Same with Candy and Res blast.
    These new nukes were not meant to fix the NT.
    05% of the NT population can use these nukes...
    .0005% of the NT population can get them.
    oh did i mention that .05% of the NT population even has any version of nullity?
    And try AoEing a group of people with nice damage shields.. Fun till you kill yourself on the second one.. OR spend 20 seconds trying to cast one off through the lag and having 6 timer bars for your nukes all frozen in place, not allowing you to nuke anymore..
    Or blackholing 6 times in a row and using up half your nano pool before you even get one successful execution. Yeah, NTs are fine the way they are.

Sorzella 173 NonoHPmage Assassin NT
    Advisor to Izgimmers Legacy
    /me reloads her Caterwaul
    /say No you may not have UA/TTS! However can I interest you in this fine Humidity Extractor?
    On a long enough timeline the survival rate of everyone drops to zero...

honestly i find a well played NT to be a very formidible opponent, ask Gunnandahalf if i ever accepted a duel from him once... If i thought i had an easy win i would have straight away.

well we get somewhat good at 175+ when the new nanos come into play and we have IP. But we dotn want to be UBER in PvP, atleast I dont, I want the promised fixes by FC that fixes us in the rest of the game.

And mass PvP is a very very small fraction of the game and it stinks that ppl cries about us being to good in that.

Originally posted by Sorzella
    Engies are fine the way they are now.
    They have uber bots and shields and Flashpoints that can alpha 7-10k damage in 5 seconds (pvp)....

/sarcasm off

no offense but, give me a break please.
    The new nukes are not great, corruption does less damage over time than IEF, is hard to get, and has very high reqs and lvl reqs. Same with Candy and Res blast.
    These new nukes were not meant to fix the NT.
    05% of the NT population can use these nukes...
    .0005% of the NT population can get them.
    oh did i mention that .05% of the NT population even has any version of nullity?
    And try AoEing a group of people with nice damage shields.. Fun till you kill yourself on the second one.. OR spend 20 seconds trying to cast one off through the lag and having 6 timer bars for your nukes all frozen in place, not allowing you to nuke anymore..
    Or blackholing 6 times in a row and using up half your nano pool before you even get one successful execution. Yeah, NTs are fine the way they are.

It's your own problem if you can't get it. I'm sorry. If it was impossible to get (i.e. it dropped off of ian warr or something ) then, that's a big problem - but otherwise, get it.

~Chris

PS: I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but go ahead, I don't care.

Originally posted by Megabio

It's your own problem if you can't get it. I'm sorry. If it was impossible to get (i.e. it dropped off of ian warr or something ) then, that's a big problem - but otherwise, get it.

~Chris

PS: I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but go ahead, I don't care.
    Hehe, naw, not worth the flame..

1 thing though.. I hope they come out with a Engi kamakazi bot soon, and make it HALF as hard to get as nullity or even the new NT nukes....
    Sorzella 173 NonoHPmage Assassin NT
    Advisor to Izgimmers Legacy
    /me reloads her Caterwaul
    /say No you may not have UA/TTS! However can I interest you in this fine Humidity Extractor?
    On a long enough timeline the survival rate of everyone drops to zero...

Originally posted by Sorzella

Hehe, naw, not worth the flame..

1 thing though.. I hope they come out with a Engi kamakazi bot soon, and make it HALF as hard to get as nullity or even the new NT nukes....
    Not a problem with me.

~Chris

Here are some quotes where Cz states that:

a) 14.8 is NOT a NT love patch
    b) there probably wont be anymore profession specific love patches

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Cz - August

There are those three dots (...) there. That is a way to say "continue the line", which means he could just as well have typed "(14.6-14.8-15.0-15.2...)" or even "sometime after 14.4".

He didn't give a specific patch number.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
    Originally posted by Cz - same thread in August
    Hopefully the designers have an estimate. I personally think adding it bit by bit, and not in one single dedicated patch, gives a better chance of it (at least some of it) coming soon.

(...)

Looking back, I should of course have seen that "everybody" would think NT changes were in fact scheduled for 14.6 and/or 14.8. But I (knowing they were probably not, and for sure not for 14.6) thought it would be taken how it was meant. Bummer by me.

quote:
    Originally posted by Cz - same thread in August
    And I take a step back from my job quite often. I am a gamer too. And I am in no way happy about situations like this, promises than are not kept, lack of credibility and accountability, and all the other crap. (Yes, I said crap. )

And I work every single day to improve it, both on my end, and with every single person working in Funcom. However, I am - like all other human beings, I believe - incapable of going back in time and change things. I have to work with "right now" and "the time ahead".

quote:
    Originally posted by Cz
    Ok, sneaking in carefully here, feeling I'm almost walking into the lion's den.

Anyhow, my deepest appologies for the numbers given in the answers to Drabin and NTL being misleading. I won't get into explaining all that again, just allow me to give some facts:

1.) It's not gonna happen in 14.6, and I seriously doubt it's gonna be in 14.8.

quote:
    Originally posted by Cz - August
    I doubt we will dedicate many patches at all to a single profession in the future. Profession changes and additions will come, but probably not in an exclusive patch.

Jeevez........: Rimor Clan Enforcer (Atrox)
    Mediceval....: Rimor Clan Doc (Solitus)
    Mozart........: Rimor Clan Trader (Solitus)

Retired:
    Helvic.........: Rimor Clan NT (Solitus).
    Epoz..........: Rimor Clan NT (Nanomage).

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm