Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Land open on Rimor???

Question More Land open on Rimor???

When will more land be open for placement on Rimor. If you look at the land control maps, Atlantean has large number of more land control spots. Note: All are taken, however there are more actual areas than on Rimor.

So I ask, Why???

When will Rimor/RK-2 have these areas cleared for placement?

Thanks.

-S
    ----------------------------------------
    Scorse - Trader - RK2
    Adrastus II Headquarters
    Adrastus II
    What I Wear Today...

I believe this was in one of the early posts. They wanted fewer spots open on RK2 because we have fewer players. If we had the same number of spots as RK1, then we wouldn't have much reason to fight for land.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

What bothers me more, is that we get less side exp then the players on RK1
    That they give us less spots can be defended, but that we get less exp because of that is not forgivable
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

What bothers me more, is that we get less side exp then the players on RK1
    I don't think it works that way. If I recall in one of the prerelease articles they said that the XP bonus is 12% total and that % is split by how the towers are split.

i.e. if the clan owns half the towers on the dimention the clan gets a 6% bonus. It doesn't matter if that's 50 of 100 or 1 of 2.

If you want to see few spots just look at the german server. I think they'd be WAY pissed off if they only got 0.25% total for thier eight towers.
    ===============================
    I like this game `cause my Avatar kinda looks like me....

Errr, both Clan and Omni on RK1 are at about 10% xp side bonus each.

Eeeerrrr.... Well I guess i'm wrong.

but i'm going to look this up forsure

what was said, that there was a total of 24% to be devided.
    So if you had 12% you know you would have 50% of the towers.

I'm told that both omni and clan have 10,** % on RK1, so that is about right.

On RK2 however we have 8,** and 6,** %

So levelling is now faster on RK1 then on RK2! That is an unfair situation that cannot hold!
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Well then, let's start plunking down more towers!

I've seen a few unclaimed spots that aren't on the starter's map. And that was just me running around and doing nothing. I'm sure if any one had half the will to go looking they could find more.

Well... the highest QL ones might be all taken, but most the other QLs seem likely...

Here's a question: how do the empty spots enter in to that calculation?

WHy do we have more?? check the numbers man. Rimor has 1/4th the player base. IF they oipened more all the guilds would grab land and everyone would have close to theri max. AND it woudl create a whole class of twinkers who make a guild for theri alt just to put up buff towers.

Nope.,. you need less lasnd availble so you fight over it. That and in both cases..Rimor and Atlantean they have mnetioned some land are not availbe......yet.

Paitence is a virtue. I should know..Ive played a fixer since 12.1

Well as some have stated above more land on RK-1 means more side XP on RK-1, hence faster leveling.

Yes, I do know that RK-1 has more players, however the Default Dimension for new players is RK-2. (Note: That is if a player decides to just take the default)

With more players coming to RK-2, it is growing. I know of at least 6-8 decent sized guilds that own no land. So they have no Tower bonuses or Organizational Advantages.

I suggest and I ask that more land both High and low level be opened for two reasons.

1) The lower guilds need land and advantages.

2) The higher guilds would like better land spots.

So if a small amount of land were to open up then some of the higher guilds would move to higher plots, freeing up some more land for others.

I am not asking that we have as much as RK-1, however I am asking that the balance start to flow.

Thanks and keep your posts coming to this topic, maybe we can get some respect from CZ and FC.

-S
    Scorse - Trader - RK2
    Adrastus II Headquarters
    Adrastus II
    What I Wear Today...

Originally posted by Dyna18

So levelling is now faster on RK1 then on RK2! That is an unfair situation that cannot hold!
    faster yes unfair no. As long as they hold no plans for ever merging the servers then no it does not matter that one server levels faster then the other because in relation to the people who you are playing with no one will have the advantage of that.

but i do think Rk2 could use a couple more high level areas because it seems to have a higher % of the players at a higher level as a composition of the server.

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

but i do think Rk2 could use a couple more high level areas because it seems to have a higher % of the players at a higher level as a composition of the server.
    Yes... Someone gets my point...

Thanks.

-S
    Scorse - Trader - RK2
    Adrastus II Headquarters
    Adrastus II
    What I Wear Today...

Originally posted by Dyna18
    what was said, that there was a total of 24% to be devided.
    So if you had 12% you know you would have 50% of the towers.

I'm told that both omni and clan have 10,** % on RK1, so that is about right.

On RK2 however we have 8,** and 6,** %

I'm not sure why it would matter how fast someone on another server, whom you will never see, levels????

It's not so much that we'd be in competition with RK1 so much as people level easier on RK1 because of that extra few %. Could shave off tens of 100+ mob missions for the higher levels. Sounds kinda unfair to me.
    Magellien, of the Inner Circle. Finally TL7! - My Config
    Magellan, the twink in training.
    "Tallest Opifex Gimp on RK2!"

Originally posted by Magellien
    It's not so much that we'd be in competition with RK1 so much as people level easier on RK1 because of that extra few %. Could shave off tens of 100+ mob missions for the higher levels. Sounds kinda unfair to me.
    I don't think it makes near as much difference as you think. Currently on Rk2 clan gets 9ish % because omni is no good. So on Rk1 we would get 10%. So 1% difference in xp really. Assuming you did say got 100million XP over 20 missions. On Rk1 you woulda got 101mil. which is what 1/4 of a mission. so from level say 195-200 you are right you would have to do roughly 1 less mission on RK1.

Actully, on RK-1 we have way too many bases, pretty much every Org can have a land. I would prefer something close to Rimor and the Germain server. Move there, go there, come back, coords, area.. I think we spend more time traveling than fighting Not to mention that people make 1 man Org's just to control more land cause theres no enough PvP guild to control all of RK
    Last edited by Insida; Jan 17th, 2003 at 21:23:13.

Under no circumstances should rk2 get more land at the present time. The land issue is messed up because to many w00sy omni's turned clan. Now theres 5 billion clanners out there with no were to put lands because all the good spots are taken by other clanners. See even playing as a clanner on rk2 has its down sides now.

Under no circumstances should rk2 get more land at the present time. The land issue is messed up because to many w00sy omni's turned clan. Now theres 5 billion clanners out there with no were to put lands because all the good spots are taken by other clanners. See even playing as a clanner on rk2 has its down sides now.
    Without getting onto that topic, you're suggesting that Clan vs. Clan is not at all plausable? Nemesis would probably beg to differ.

And as for "w00sy" Omnis, honestly, if you're complaining about them coming over, then tell them they're not welcome. Balance is bad enough as it is.
    Magellien, of the Inner Circle. Finally TL7! - My Config
    Magellan, the twink in training.
    "Tallest Opifex Gimp on RK2!"

Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Well then, let's start plunking down more towers!

I've seen a few unclaimed spots that aren't on the starter's map. And that was just me running around and doing nothing. I'm sure if any one had half the will to go looking they could find more.

Well... the highest QL ones might be all taken, but most the other QLs seem likely...

Here's a question: how do the empty spots enter in to that calculation?
    The empty zones that arent on the map are not active to have towers placed in them. There are the same number of land control areas, but on RK2 alot are inactive.

I like the idea of having a small number of land plots and having people fight over them. Any organization, regardless of size, can rally up a reasonable quantity of high level players to attack a rival faction and set up a base.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast