Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Crowd Control Values

Some players are so evil - lets try to think evil too. 35 attackers and 35 defenders right? First problem I see is: are 35 people able to destroy a huge 60 towers ql250 base? I don't think so. 35 is a little less or? Well lets say you (Funcom) have tested it already enough and it is possible for only 35 attackers to destroy such a huge base

Lets go to the players are so evil part Lets say I'm in one of the huge orgs - we have 100 members or more in org - so for us it is no problem to get 35 peoples together. So lets say we form teams and we have now 35 high lvl peoples and we are ready for attacking a base. We look and choose a base. Oh the base in PW goes into 25% gas in 1 hour. Lets destroy the base. Now the evil player think about what you said about "crowd control system" 35 attackers and 35 defenders. Lets say we are omni and we want to attack a clanner base. We already have 35 omnis ready for attack. As a evil player (I'm not a evil player but I know there are a lot in this game) I would ask our guild members if they have clanner friends or if they have some clanner alts. Lets say we are able and get about 35 clanners together who would help us. Lets say those 35 clanners would step into the crowd control zone - they would go to the base we want to attack in 1 hour and they would only sit inside to keep sure that no! other clanner can come and defend the base. Now we would go and attack the base and the org who own the base has absolutly no chance to defend their own base.

Good job or Funcom?

My question is who are attackers and who are counted as defenders? If I have 100 omnis standing in the crowd control but noone of them is from my org are they counted as a defender/attacker too? if our org is attacking/defending? If yes then look at the example. You are aware of the problem when ppl blocking dungeons with logging a alt inside etc. but now I see ppls sitting inside crowd control areas to block attackers/defenders. And if only org members are counted as attackers/defenders who would smal org then be able to attack/defend?

Pls think about that. I see huge problems a crowd control system would bring us in notum wars and I don't want to get a message like "you cannot enter the zone blabla crowd control" and I'm so unable to defend our base cause a evil player think he has to sit around our bases.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

What might be a crazy solution, anyone out of the highest attacker's range, and the highest defender's are flaged to be teleported. Still no delta for anyone in range of highest or lowest but a delta for all those out of combat range. This would do 2 things, keep annoying spies out, and keep alt flooding out.

Originally posted by Lucien
    I'll try to get exact definitions of attacker and defender tomorrow. Its late now and I'm heading to bed
    /me buys Lucien an alarm clock for x-mas.

Warped

Was fighting in the center of EFP today, and everyone got warped away all the time... Up to 2 zones away in fact. People found themselves in SFP, Greater Omni forrest, Omni Forrest and Plesant meadows. Trying to run back, and you get warped away.
    Standing 6 meters away from the last tower, with my melee-weapon, and I can't move the last 2 meters to hit it...

Then the defenders show up, and some ranged guy starts shooting at me. Can I run and fight back? Nope.... warped back to my spot. Flee? nope... warped back. This CC is killing melees for sure.
    I had to stay there being shot to pieces. I could not move, because the warning popped up, and warped me back.

Gimme lag instead of this. It's not working at all.

And, that qlvl 250 tower..... took 30 guys 1 hour to bring it to 20%. 10 clanners bugged us(didn't need to do much more than shoot at the doc, then we lose the tanks fast), so we lost 1 man after the other. 1 min later the tower is at 100% again.

bring more peeps to get it down? hehe, warp-fest.

Hopefully it was as bad for the enemy.
    Grontha Enf lvl 214 R2 -Inner Circle Kingpin(/born Jul 29, 2001)

If this has been implemented....

It is VERY BROKEN. Got warped out of the zone multiple times today. Can't move once in the zone because you get playfield full messages. Nice try but big bummer. If this rule means it allows 70 people total in the playfield, does that mean: 50 Omni are in playfield, 35 clan try to enter at once, 15 omni get warped out? If so that is terrible. There is no way to decide who stays and who goes. Imagine if your Docs all got warped out. Something's not right here =(

FYI, still getting crowd-control warped in DAV.

Not sure if the values were incorrectly set in some zones and not in others, but people are definitely being warped by CC.

Yup I hit my CH button, CH an agent, recharge.. want to CH again *bang* im at 1,1 in PW and Im stuck there since its below the real "wall" so I had to petition for a GM.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Still waiting to see a definition for 'attacker' and 'defender.'
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Re: Warped

Originally posted by Grontha
    Was fighting in the center of EFP today, and everyone got warped away all the time... Up to 2 zones away in fact. People found themselves in SFP, Greater Omni forrest, Omni Forrest and Plesant meadows. Trying to run back, and you get warped away.
    Standing 6 meters away from the last tower, with my melee-weapon, and I can't move the last 2 meters to hit it...

Then the defenders show up, and some ranged guy starts shooting at me. Can I run and fight back? Nope.... warped back to my spot. Flee? nope... warped back. This CC is killing melees for sure.
    I had to stay there being shot to pieces. I could not move, because the warning popped up, and warped me back.

Gimme lag instead of this. It's not working at all.

And, that qlvl 250 tower..... took 30 guys 1 hour to bring it to 20%. 10 clanners bugged us(didn't need to do much more than shoot at the doc, then we lose the tanks fast), so we lost 1 man after the other. 1 min later the tower is at 100% again.

bring more peeps to get it down? hehe, warp-fest.

Hopefully it was as bad for the enemy.

I was there too, got warped to greater omni forrest myself, two funny things about this are

1. per the information Lucien provided we arn't suppose to be warped out of the zone

2. Unless I missed somthing Crowd control isn't even turned on for RK2 (Rimor)

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

ok , my feedback on the recent wars .

we will use point A and point b to illistrate what is happening with the current CC feature .

25 -35 Omni start to attack point B. 10 - 15 Clan show up at point A and get rdy to move to point B . Moveing into striking distance of point B I am suddenly warped back to point A. Knowing that we (defenders) do not number into 35 I start to wonder whats going on . Some of us run Back to point B only to be warped back to point A. I ask that you look at the crowd control values of DAV/PW/EFP pls. (the 3 zones i have fought in most)

The problem appears to be that CC isn't properly figuring out who is an attacker or a defender.

Just looks like that to me.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

I want an explanation to why I get warped to 100x100 in SFH when I am fighting in EFP.

Please, if Funcom manages to explain this, without saying that their programmers are utterly retarded, I will be impressed.

Oh yeah, Lucien...guess what...not one player who has experienced CC wants it. If you ask every single player in the game you might find 3 stupid little nothings who think CC is great, but 2 of those work as developers for FC and the 3rd guy is level 10 and neut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12