Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Crowd Control Values

New Crowd Control Values

Hey everyone

Please take a few minutes to read this post before you start the flamewar

This is a significant change from the way it was over the weekend, and I think its a good compromise on the crowd control system.

Current values
    We have tweaked the values a bit today so they are currently set to 70 hard cap (ie 35 attackers 35 defenders), and a 0 soft delta!

What does this mean?
    Well it means we've increased the cap of people in one area, and it also means that no one will be warped out once they are already in the area. The only way to enter once an area is full is if someone dies or if someone leaves.

Please post feedback in this thread, I'd like to hear from some people who have experienced it as well as your opinions on the subject

For a full explanation of the Crowd Control system take a look here: http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...rticles/5140L/
    A Genuine Lucien - Accept No Substitutes

I would like a simpler answer

Does this mean that if 35 omni go into a clan base , no more omni can come in even if there are no defenders ? (and vice versa )

and also does this prevent the 35+ attackers from attacking the Towers on the very outskirt of the base where CC isnt effecting the area ?

and are all areas under this new CC rule ? or is it only being tested in a specific zone(s) ?

How are "attacker" and "defender" defined in the code as regards land control?

Are the only people who count as "defenders" the base owning organization members?

Are "attackers" everyone else?

Please clarify this.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Ok, after the mess that happened yesterday at our former base in PW, I have the following question:

Let's assume 50 attackers log out at a base they want to attack when it goes 25%.

How many defenders can get it in then? The full 35? Less?

If no-one gets warped out then either the attackers (or the defenders, if they log out at the base to be defended) could be at a big advantage.

Even if the full 35 quota of the other side can get in - *if* far more attackers (or defenders) log out at the base (50 or more) - one side is going to be at a large disadvantage if no-one gets warped.

Or am I getting something wrong?
    Some answers would be nice.

why is it i can be attacked by someone inside a CC area but cant get in to attack them because i keep getting warped back a few feet.
    Lord "Devildawg"
    Loyal Veteran of Legion

The Fixer
    The MA

Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here.

will we still get warped all the way across the playfield or into an adjoining one?
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

How does this change affect engineers and their beacon warp? Do toons just not warp when the program is run? Is there any kind of feedback so we know why a toon isn't warped? Is Beacon Warp now an exploit in all outdoor playfields?
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Originally posted by Brutal Truuth
    I would like a simpler answer
    Ok

Does this mean that if 35 omni go into a clan base , no more omni can come in even if there are no defenders ? (and vice versa )
    That is correct, no one can enter until someone leaves (either via death or other means)
    and also does this prevent the 35+ attackers from attacking the Towers on the very outskirt of the base where CC isnt effecting the area ?
    No it doesn't, the crowd control is done based on number of people in an area. It is not done for an entire land control district. If there are more than 35 attackers/defenders in a 120mx120m area no more will be able to enter

and are all areas under this new CC rule ? or is it only being tested in a specific zone(s) ?
    All areas.

Hope that was simple enough

Originally posted by Travesty
    will we still get warped all the way across the playfield or into an adjoining one?
    No, this change is specifically to stop that happening.

Originally posted by Spacegipsy
    Ok, after the mess that happened yesterday at our former base in PW, I have the following question:

Let's assume 50 attackers log out at a base they want to attack when it goes 25%.

How many defenders can get it in then? The full 35? Less?

If no-one gets warped out then either the attackers (or the defenders, if they log out at the base to be defended) could be at a big advantage.

Even if the full 35 quota of the other side can get in - *if* far more attackers (or defenders) log out at the base (50 or more) - one side is going to be at a large disadvantage if no-one gets warped.

Or am I getting something wrong?
    Some answers would be nice.
    I'll need to look into this more closely, there should be a system in place to stop this happening. Also if anyone wants to log out in a crowded area then there's always a chance they'll get stuck in a crash loop (they're not much fun!).

Also if the players more around more than a little bit they risk running into a different "zone" in which case crowd limiting may affect them anyway.

ok..this is better than warping...

but i would like to have more information...

what are the parameters if you are counted as on of 35?

just beeing clanner or omni?
    beein attacker or defender?

how you know if its an defender or an "blocker"

is the lvl range of the attacked tower a parameter?

...or is it just that easy for those gameplay killer to make a few alts of the other faction and log them in in the same sec when they attack the tower to block defenders.

how do you divide helping defenders from "place holders"?

what if i log out in a area and try to log in when war already begann?
    crash loop cause im the 36th to enter?

many questions...pls tell us some details.....dont just throw us a piece of bread....

thx a lot

I'll try to get exact definitions of attacker and defender tomorrow. Its late now and I'm heading to bed

Sounds like steps in a positive direction =D

We have tweaked the values a bit today so they are currently set to 70 hard cap (ie 35 attackers 35 defenders), and a 0 soft delta!

Okay, I REALLY don't agree with these values...

Lets take a trip back in time to a few days ago. Redemption had made an assault on Lucifer Dawn's base in EFP. All the Omni got sick of this so we ALL rallied to MoK's aid as they decided to raid Redemption's base in DAV soon after. Not ONLY did we have to take the time to clear out this HUGE base, destroying every single tower in the land control area, but then NEARLY destroyed their 250 Controller (something which has never been done before mind you).

Do you REALLY expect a group of players to completely destroy a base of that magnitude, let alone THEN take the time to destroy the controller at the same time????

I really think those numbers should be reconsidered. say, 50 to 50. That would make things a bit more feasible...
    No wonder we couldn't destroy the controller ;p While we were limited to 35 players in the area the rest were stuck in a crash loop...
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Re: New Crowd Control Values

Originally posted by Lucien

Current values
    [/B]
    Can 35 Players even keep up with a QL 250 Controlers Regen?
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

HELLO?!?!

ummmm no, that's the whole point of my reply ;p
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Remove Crowd Limiting. It's the worst idea every created in an MMORPG.

So instead of the "40-man org syndrome", we're trying the "35-man org syndrome" to see what the side effects are???

*sigh*

It needs to go away. If an org of 150 people, all of which in the same TL range, sets their towers up in one location (being that you can only have 1 of each of the 5 types of controllers) and that location falls under attack and say only 50% of org members are logged in, guess what you have? 35 people defending, 40 waiting in line to help.

In reality, we all hate waiting in lines. You actually think the concept of paying to wait in a virtual line is going to go over well? Hmmm....

*sigh*
    .: Naraya :.

I still am waiting for a definition of 'attacker' and of 'defender' before I start trying to reach conclusions or make predictions.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Haminie

Do you REALLY expect a group of players to completely destroy a base of that magnitude, let alone THEN take the time to destroy the controller at the same time????

I really think those numbers should be reconsidered. say, 50 to 50. That would make things a bit more feasible...
    No wonder we couldn't destroy the controller ;p While we were limited to 35 players in the area the rest were stuck in a crash loop...
    actualy Hammie ...

On a Base the size of BoB or Redemption or Apoc or Storms , the crowd control seems to work in a number of ways . Lets say you have 60 people who come to raid a base . 2 groups of 30 form and 1 group attacks from the north while the 2nd group attacks from the south . CC dosnt affect these 2 groups as they arnt in close proximity to each other. Now when they start to near each other is when things get ugly. Random warping of people and defenders still not getting in . For the most part it seems ok on the outside when you look at it that way , but once you get to the core of the base is when things get ugly. Just my 2 cents from watching and helping the last few days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast