Thread: bosses in solo missions

bosses in solo missions

why oh why cant we have bosses in solo mission. i mean come the loot for us solo players sucks you only need go through the forums to see how many people agree. I mean us solo players usually just team up with someone get mission then unteam purely because solo loot sucks.

Great idea... however first they have to make it possible to solo for like 80% of the professions

they could easily make those "assassinate" missions kinda like boss missions. they dont drop uber phat l3wt, but maybe the 1/1000000000 chance of something really cool dropping...

i'd gamble that more BS teams would do assassinate missions

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Some professions have trouble with normal 50-75% missions already... wouldnt be right to make a target mob to complete the mission even harder... would it? :P not until those professions would stand a chance anyways...

but.....

theres an awful large amount of people who want to team JUST to get the team missions then ungroup to do it solo...
    ive done it on 7 chr highest at 75% so it is possible,
    of course there could be an option implenented wether you face a boss or not (harder mission - more rewarding err rewards)
    admittidly soloing a boss at 75% as a doctor would be hard i guess :P but much respects to those who have done this

the more obvious soloution though is to make solo mission loot worthwhile, i mean its not too obvious that FC are trying to force peeps to team is it? why do a crappy solo mission for basic stuff when you can do a team and get nice stat bonus items/equipment...

Maj u have relized my exact point that people team just to get team mission to do themself there fore it is possible for solo players to be able to kill bosses and fair enough not all proffesions can, but we should at least get an option to be able to fight a boss character i mean solo loot sucks there are enough people on these forums who complain about this exact thing. Some items are only available from boss charcters such as div 9's which meams the only way to get them is to team or get ripped off on shopping channel what a great chose .

FC promised in the past that it would bepossible to solo your way to 200. Less than a year ago they said this would be doable. Like hell it is nowadays. Least they can do to make the game interesting from teh solo missioner's viewpoint is by adding the possibility to have or not have a boss in the solo mission. It would take a mere square box where you switch it on or off. Yes or No to a boss in the mission. That way, one can do a 75% mission without boss, or do a 50% with boss, or be suicidal and try to do a 100% with boss.

Sounds perfectly sane to me. That way, whenever I feel like it, I can go and get a mission that suits me at that moment instead of having to look around asking someone to team me for a minute to get a teammission that I can then go and solo myself.

Just a square box, to turn the option of a boss in the mission on or off.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

It seems to me like soloing for experience takes way too long. If there was some kind of experience bonus for doing a solo mission by yourself, man that would make AO much more enjoyable. Finding a team the past two weeks has been hell, and even the teams I do find are mostly incompetent.
    Celebrant Freshman since July 2001, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Idoloclast Freshman since October 2003, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Blowfish Tradeskill gimp, designed to be a credit mule. setup
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Account Created 2001-06-28 05:43:08

Proud? player of cAmparchy Online

Originally posted by filnge
    Maj u have relized my exact point that people team just to get team mission to do themself there fore it is possible for solo players to be able to kill bosses and fair enough not all proffesions can, but we should at least get an option to be able to fight a boss character i mean solo loot sucks there are enough people on these forums who complain about this exact thing. Some items are only available from boss charcters such as div 9's which meams the only way to get them is to team or get ripped off on shopping channel what a great chose .
    Or send me a tell for a free one?

I like this idea, I like to take a solo mission, its much more relaxing than just running mad after the ninja looters, and get killed by rollerrats, beacuse some jerk descides to open a chest while fighting 2 red mobs.

So plz give us a boss to kill!
    Fixer, MA, MP, Trader, Crat, engie and Doctor.

The war on Rubi-Ka should never end! (Im making alot of money on it)

Lets Rock

yeh i know what you mean u cant blame anyone else for opening a chest only yourself.

I will have to say, I like the idea of a boss at the end of solo missions, you dont have to put the reward at the bottom with the boss.

That way people who dont want to fight a boss, dont have to take that lift down. Solo missions are only good for 1 thing atm farming tokens.

Why not put a boss in solo missions and have him drop 1 piece of boss loot. Would give people who solo a shot a boss loot, without having to buy it.

Right now most of us find a temp team and grab 3 team missions to solo. This would save having to grab 3 at a time. You could grab 1 and know you wouldnt have to go searchin for another temp team.

I think this post comes up every week, maybe its time to implement this.

Cheers,
    Sepaku
    116 Atrox Fixer

Hmm. I like the idea of a solo boss, that drops <ONE> piece of boss loot.

I also like the idea of putting a lift there, so if you want to try the boss, you can, if not, skip it....let it be an XP bonus of sorts.

For most of the alts I raise, I solo them to level 30 or so, mostly token farming, as I like to have a decent token board before I tackle the higher level team missions.

Most professions I've played are able to solo a 50% mission during most phases of development (adv, doc, crat) and I suspect my NT will be able to do it as well.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

I agree...
    Sometime, i want to solo cause i want to get away from some arnoying people ... I want to take time and earn some money... would be nice to have a boss to kill to get some cool items like teams. I personally thing that FC should allow us to buy PPPE in shops ... or as least make boss for solo mission and drop there too

But then every fixer might have grid armor and every nt nullity! What are you thinking!

Dyna Bosses

Why not just hunt the dyna-bosses out in the wild? I use to do that when I couldn't find a team to hunt with. Just watch out for the super social adds.