Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best breed / proffo tradeskiller

Originally posted by Maimgara

Engy QF/ME/EE cap (slightly) higher then trader's, so we're theoreticaly the best traderskillers within those skills.
    Bzzt. WRONG

Engie and traders main tradeskills cap at the exact same. the sole difference is engies have a few uber rare hard to get items which add to the main tradeskills.

If you're going to be in a uber org who can hunt rare items on super hard mobs then the best tradeskill profession would be a engie. Allowing you to get the absolute maximum tradeskills(except psychology)

However if you are in a relatively small org with some friends and won't really get a shot at those uber rare hard to get items then you are way better off going trader because you got maestros at the snap of your fingers.

Also when we eventually are capable of building towers of focus traders will once again get a large boost over engies due to their computer literacy buffs

In my opinion there is really no difference between engies and traders in tradeskills. The only difference is the fact it is easier for traders because they have the buffs on them all the time. There is very little difference between the skill maxs favouring engies slightly right now. However as i mentioned with the focus tower it will close to even tighter.

I have a sure fire way for you to choose which prof you would rather be for tradeskills. Would you rather have to bother people all the time for buffs(engie) or would you rather be bothered for wrangles and maestros all the time(traders). Thats the real question

Whoops i just noticed you added another thing in a post later on. you said something about towers. Not sure if you meant making or placing them. Anyways making them is roughly the same for both profs. however placing them traders are 100times better.

My trader can smack down a ql250 cotroller(1.3k comp lit 1k psychology) even a engie at level 200 could only dream of that. Traders are WAY better at tower placing

So if towers are what floats your boat then trader all the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12