Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make GA less rare now...

Make a dynamic quest for GA

I am a 105 fixer without GA, my brother is a 110 fixer with GA3. He has no problem soloing 190's, I have problems soloing 100's. Most of the fixer nanos are geared toward having GA. A HoT for example, dosent do a thing when a mob never misses. With my brothers fixer however, a HoT is great, since he only gets hit every 6-10 hits the HoT has enough time to heal him before he gets hit again. A fixer w/o GA is a gimp compared to a fixer the same lvl with GA. I also like the idea of a dynamic quest that is difficult. The more difficulty the higher the GA. I would not like to see it in shops, as everyone that is rich would have it :/ . It is NOT fun blitzing missions for money (what a bore zzzz). I would much rather do a quest to get special items like GA. I have no rich alts this is my first character, and to learn that my profession pretty much sucks without GA is dissapointing to say the least .

PS. I could care less that the NT's have the new anti-GA nuke, so what if one profession can kill us.

I dont care about the rarity, make it so that people will sell it to me for 2 mil...mmm.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Santa Leet

Originally posted by Cronos
    I dont care about the rarity, make it so that people will sell it to me for 2 mil...mmm.
    Well hopefully Santa Leet is reading the 4Ms and give all Fixers a break. You guys remember seeing the atrox sized Santa Leets last year? It was freaky seeing two of them standing next to the Old Athens Woompas. They were being mobed by several dozens people begging for gifts.

I would say.. Just put all nano's in the shops.. PERIOD. Make them as expensive as you want. This would certainly drain the economy. I'd put GA in the shop at a price around 50 million - 700 million for GA 4. You wanna blitz missions for weeks? Go right ahead. But at least after your hard work you will have something for sure waiting. You won't have the problem of some people paying over your head by 300 million for the same nano. Quests would be ok.. but that involves more camping. At least from what I have seen of most quests FC puts out. I personally choose not to camp. I find no enjoyment after 10 min of standing around. It's nice to talk to guildies.. but I can do that while doing other things. On the other hand, if I had blitzed missions for 4 weeks to attain 500 or so million for ga 3 or 4. Then, a week later, FC makes it drop everywhere. I would be really upset. Putting them in shops or quests would have a similar effect.
    I have played this game for 10 months, virtually everyday. I have not found a valuable rare drop yet. Does it bother me? A little
    What bothers me even more.. What if I had found some really valuable ID in my first couple newb months of play and sold it to a shop cause I didn't know better. Thank god I have no idea.. /terminate

The difficulty in acquiring GA is about the only reason fixers aren't atleast 25% of the playerbase. Looks like AO is changeing from Martial artists online to fixers online.

175 fixer -got my GA3 at lvl 161. I do not think ga should drop more often. If it did everyone would have a fixer alt with ga4 on. I worked hard to get my 190mil to buy my ga. Gonna work even harder to get the 500+mil the ga4 will cost me. I will do it though because I like my character. I started a fixer because I liked the class not because there was some uber item that was easy to get. I would now hate to see GA become common because if it was they would have to nerf the crap out of it or make tm's so difficult that 5 lvl 199's would be looking for a Doc to fill the team. Leave GA as it is. All can still get it but it requires alot of work but thats just the price you pay to be semi-uber<---I still get beat badly in PvP.

Originally posted by Rudeboyz

I still think that "rare" items are a stupid idea. I say make everything drop off everything or make it missionable. Hell when this game started out they claimed that "There will be no spawn camping" Now what does everyone spend 80% of thier time doing? Camping spawns or camping the shopping channel.
    I say the opposite, make everything non-predictable, that is , not in a knowned spot that would become surely camped. and you want that everything drop off of everything as easy as a mission reward or a dyna camp ? you make a confusion between a game that need some challenge to be rewarding and your shopping at wallmart each week-end.
    This game is enough boring and we dont need a one more easy way to find items and good loot. You should better goes to EQ. over there with your credit card you will have all the chance you need to find the best in the game, armors and weapons..

At my level, 151, i can already make 2 or 3 M a day without a lot of effort and with a good guild you can find all what you desire the most.
    And if you have a chance to find a GA , a real chance , not in a shop then you have something that makes you a bit different and feel more porwerfull.
    And finally if u are too leazy to find the creds in order to buy a GA or too frustrated with your profession , then you have the possibility to change it with probably a more rewarding.

WE ARE NOT PLAYING SIMS ONLINE PLIZ....
    Last edited by Alphane; Jan 11th, 2003 at 19:12:54.
    Alphane
    Jetdail
    MA - Clan -

Camping?? Are you serious? I have never heard of anyone camping anywhere in AO... (avoids TK TIMS Primus Smugglers... err nvm)
    *Side thought* if there is a way for FC to get rid of missions alltogether and make a happy life hunting outside for exp or during battles. pvp for exp (even if you are a gimpy soldier or engie and get your arse owned *avoids the other classes he knows need more loving as well*) oh I would be so much happier, does anyone agree to that?

Oh yes, GA should drop more often. I have been here since beta with uberloads of alts in every profession and an increase would be nice...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123