Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make GA less rare now...

Originally posted by Militaryman
    btw, funcom has also stated since the BEGINNING... that this game would not be like evercamp , as in camping a spot over and over again to make you more powerful.. they did, I heard it :P
    they FAILED !

Originally posted by Fatebound
    There is still a very good reason for FC to make it drop even less frequently: MONEY NEEDS TO BE DRAINED FROM THE GAME!

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it got even worse over time, because there are way too much credits in the game as is at the moment. No 'simple' player could ever hope to achieve those amounts of creds unless they are backed up by a large guild or have a credit card and access to E-bay.

There are too many credits in the game and NW is the first big step towarsd getting rid of them. Get used to it, FC is after your creds now too...
    Funny thing about that is that since your only funneling money to another player your worsening the economy. Look at this scenario:

A fixer wants GA
    The fixer blitz'es missions over and over and buys it, adding more money into the economy. To make this rarer would only make the fixer work even harder and only worsen the "economy" (I personally wouldn't call it that )
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

The thing im saying wouldnt mean that EVERYONE would have them, just the people that have put effort into it.. this way the people who really deserve it would have it, not just the people that have a ton of money or a ton of friends... thats not how it should work, the people who put effort into having something nice should get it... its that simple... and im not saying just GA... many other items that are rare like that could be in the game.. for the people who deserve it, not the people who can sit in the game for hours upon hours killing the same stupid mobs over and over again.. out damaging other people in a stupid contest..
    What you are suggesting is no differt from the situation at the moment. People who put efford on getting one have them or people who have rich alts have the etc. I don't think they should be silly rare, but certainly very hard to obtain. I can tell you one thing, I spend 14 straight hours at Claw camp to get NS MKI (nano that i have not used since), you can do the same and I guarantee that one or two GA MKII's drop.

quests would just mean that everyone would be obtain one. albeit that would give a fairer access to these on those items wihtout a need of having a rich alt.

hmmm.

maybe camping is the best solution i camped the claws for 2 days and got a ga2 which i traded for ns mk 2. But its to random i think to be a good way to get items like that.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

hmm... wasn't quite complete on what I said...

My point is simply this: in a shop FC would ask a set price. Right now, to be able to get the best tower, to get the new vehicles, to get all the new BS (no not Broken Shores) in the game, you need *****loads of credits. So disks and such, dropping as 'often' as they do, will be a good way for a player to get those credits and then sell them in the new NW shops.

Any which way you look at it, even though this is about transferring money between players, it will result in the credits heading towards FC's shopterminals in the end. Should they sell GA in the shops, then it would get them less money, plus now people actually think they are being businessmen while selling their stuff. Having sold it, they either give it to FC for an item or they hand it to someone else who then gets a chance to give it to FC.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

oo yay a 83 NT dosent think GA should drop more often... rofl that be funny

The only people I will listen to is a 130-200 Fixer that does not already have GA.... if one of them tells me that they dont think GA should drop more often.. im sold... because you have no say over how often it should drop you damned NT!
    LOL

I am the soldier on Rubi-Ka 3.

Do you hear me complain about how hard it is to get the upgrade for the hellspinner?

I know how good the GA is and my opinion stands, that its drop rate should not be increased, sorry.

If the drop rate is increased, then it has to be weaker.
    Last edited by Jonus; Dec 18th, 2002 at 23:00:41.

oo yay a 83 NT dosent think GA should drop more often... rofl that be funny

The only people I will listen to is a 130-200 Fixer that does not already have GA.... if one of them tells me that they dont think GA should drop more often.. im sold... because you have no say over how often it should drop you damned NT!

It shouldn't drop more often. I've had a lot of heartache over this nano, and basically, the game isn't based on it. I play well enough in ql 200 PLo8 with ql 170 CDS helmet and gloves. If I had a GA, I'd have blown IP into areas like MC that mean nothing except for this one nano (oh wait, restock ammo...umm..yeah). I also spent this IP in areas that DO matter to my team, such as BnE and Trap disarm. Am I saying I wouldn't wear one, hell no. Am I saying it's class defining, no again. The player makes the fixer, not the GA.

Daou, 131st Fixer, Unity of the Rose - Atlantean

[edit] I will say that I like the idea of a dynamic quest however. A dungeon crawl is something this game needs, and the fixer grid quest was a good START in that direction. Let's hope we see more quest ideas here from FC[/edit]
    Last edited by Fistofpaper; Dec 19th, 2002 at 01:18:10.
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Re: Make GA less rare now...

Originally posted by zugs
    I wouldn't mind the new anti-GA nuke that much if you guys can make the all the GA easier to find. Maybe even make it a quest reward. It's pretty retarded seeing GA3 & 4 selling for several million creds.
    Why not just give the fixers the GAs at certain lvls?

Place another 7-8 NPCs around Rubika just for 1 profession?
    For fixers?

Gimme a break!!

Add more quests all professions can do, thats a good idea.
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

You got it all wrong

There is still a very good reason for FC to make it drop even less frequently: MONEY NEEDS TO BE DRAINED FROM THE GAME!
    First your concept is slightly off. Your concept would only work if GA became an expensive store bought item. Making GA any rarer will jsut drive the price up even higher AND the credits will still remain in the economy since it'll go into a some player's pocket.

Make the dang GA drop more often or make it store buyable.

Re: hmm... wasn't quite complete on what I said...

My point is simply this: in a shop FC would ask a set price. Right now, to be able to get the best tower, to get the new vehicles, to get all the new BS (no not Broken Shores) in the game, you need *****loads of credits. So disks and such, dropping as 'often' as they do, will be a good way for a player to get those credits and then sell them in the new NW shops.

Any which way you look at it, even though this is about transferring money between players, it will result in the credits heading towards FC's shopterminals in the end. Should they sell GA in the shops, then it would get them less money, plus now people actually think they are being businessmen while selling their stuff. Having sold it, they either give it to FC for an item or they hand it to someone else who then gets a chance to give it to FC.
    not gonna retype it completely...
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Re: Re: hmm... wasn't quite complete on what I said...

not gonna retype it completely...
    The price for the top shelf towers and new vechicles are CHUMP CHANGE compared to the price of GA4 and other upper end items. I think NS2 might actually drop in price because it drops from a static boss camp. It would be great if there was a static boss that drops GA4.

You are on RK-1 where prices are way more off the wall than they are on RK-2 where I 'live' but you are right.

I don't think adding a MOB that drops it in set intervals would solve it, it just adds another camp site.

This game wasn't supposed to be one, yet somehow FC managed to make it just that.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

GA Gripe

you know the gripe i have isn't even that it is rare. It is that the one known spawn that you can go get it from is camped by 150lvl nt's. so that it is impossible for a fixer of appropiate lvl to go and camp for his own GA.

Re: GA Gripe

Originally posted by Demadin
    you know the gripe i have isn't even that it is rare. It is that the one known spawn that you can go get it from is camped by 150lvl nt's. so that it is impossible for a fixer of appropiate lvl to go and camp for his own GA.
    Run proper QL missions instead then. Besides, it's not that camped... and the fact is, GA isn't nearly as rare to find at low Mks.

Would you all rather have them remove GA from loot and put it in stores at higher prices than people buy them for now?

I should say the same thing to the NTs... who keep wanting NS in stores. If NS1 was in stores with a 100m pricetag they would want it back the way it was before.
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

I disagree americanthighs.

If they set the price to between 60-70 million for ns MK I or ga MK I it would be worth it because they way it drops now is just to random to be any use. Even if you camp the claw spot for ga or ns what it comes down to is luck and that is no way to get an item that really only does you any good when your around that lvl.

How ever buying it in a store would be just as hard at the prices the go for now. So the best option would be a quest for ga 1 or 2 or put them into the store for a reasonable price.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

60-70 mill for MKI is ridiculous. 45 tops. And that's stretching it.

Oh, and there's a RUMOR the drop rate has increased for all mks, and that mobs and chests in missions are dopping it now. I'll believe it when I see it, myself.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Re: Re: GA Gripe

Originally posted by Nikky

Run proper QL missions instead then. Besides, it's not that camped... and the fact is, GA isn't nearly as rare to find at low Mks.

Would you all rather have them remove GA from loot and put it in stores at higher prices than people buy them for now?

I should say the same thing to the NTs... who keep wanting NS in stores. If NS1 was in stores with a 100m pricetag they would want it back the way it was before.
    There's a subtle difference; when a player charges another player 100million for NS2, the money is simply transferred from one person to another....the credits are still floating out there.

When a person buys NS2 from a store, the 100 million (remember these are theoretical figures, I'm just using them for example) is REMOVED from the economy.

This would be a good money sink, would help reduce the crazy inflation at the moment imho.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

More frequent GA drops? No thanks

I don't see the need for GA to drop more frequently, here's why:

First of all, GA is not stated by Funcom as being a 'class defining nano' at all, if you believe this you are fooling yourself. On the contrary, they have stated on several occasions that it's *supposed* to be rare and that some luck is needed to find it yourself. If you have the credits to buy it, then fine, it's not Funcom's problem nor is it anyone elses. Current prices aren't preventing people from obtaining GA, at least not at higher lvls - there is, after all, smurfs everywhere

I am a Fixer, and I've found 3 GA I disks, all of which I have sold or traded to get other items I'm more interested in. I don't *need* GA to be a Fixer, or for blitzing max hard missions for that matter, even as a gimpy nanomage. I can't imagine things getting much harder at higher lvls, where IP is more plentiful and better nanos can be used - granted that levelling does slow down, but this applies to all professions.

Now, if there's gonna be any blame to be placed on the current prices of GA, you had better direct your complaints to the high lvl ppl with fixer alts created after 14.4, who dosh out all those creds to win the auctions
    Last edited by Bothead; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 08:56:02.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Originally posted by Rudeboyz
    Hehe pay the price to be uber. NS goes for just as much. As do PPPEs.
    Check your facts. NS is reliably obtainable for any NT as new dynamobs drop the disks regularly, thus deflating the prices considerably.

I know of people who have spent weeks of playtime blitzing inorder to make the neccesary means to buy a GA nano when one finally is put up for sale. On the other hand you ofcourse have the bandwagon uber fixers who with the support of their guilds have little trouble outbidding others.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

If people are going to use the NT anti-fixer nuke as a reason to demand GA drop more often, here's my suggestion to Funcom:

1. Analyze GA's usage looking the % playtime during normal game play the NT anti-nuke has an effect on fixers.
    2. Adjust the drop rate accordingly
    3. Post publically and in several different places "After analyzing the percentage that the Gridspace Inversion line of nanos affect normal gameplay, we have added an additional 3% chance of Grid Armor nanoformulas dropping

If you need a salve then admit that. But lets not pretend the NT nanos are having a huge effect on Fixer gameplay. PvP is still, optimistically, about 25% of the gameplay. And that is further modified by the fact that only NTs out of all professions have it. And only 4 versions of it.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast