Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most useless professions in mass-PvP

Most useless professions in mass-PvP

Well there is a thread about most feared professions in mass-PvP. I would like to know what you think the most useless proffesion is. My personal favorite: anyone using melee attacks. Even Engies can send their pet to attack the turrets

Bierbauch
    194 Enforcer

Re: Most useless professions in mass-PvP

Originally posted by Bierbauch
    Well there is a thread about most feared professions in mass-PvP. I would like to know what you think the most useless proffesion is. My personal favorite: anyone using melee attacks. Even Engies can send their pet to attack the turrets

Bierbauch
    194 Enforcer
    I got killed so fast by someone with an EQB last night, I was dead before my computer's lag cleared from loading the textures of the people in the fight.

I'd hardly call that useless
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Re: Most useless professions in mass-PvP

Originally posted by Bierbauch
    Even Engies can send their pet to attack the turrets

Bierbauch
    194 Enforcer
    any engie that wants his pet rooted/snared or charmed that is
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Re: Re: Most useless professions in mass-PvP

Originally posted by Jynne
    I got killed so fast by someone with an EQB last night, I was dead before my computer's lag cleared from loading the textures of the people in the fight.
    Well the lag killed you not the EQB. Maybe this will happen to you again and a crat bodyguard will kill you next time

Nah the crat bodyguard couldn't do enough damage through 5k AC and a reflect shield to kill me in three hits

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Nah the crat bodyguard couldn't do enough damage through 5k AC and a reflect shield to kill me in three hits
    Well I found a cool exploit to allow my ninja to dual EQB
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Originally posted by Rebbeca

Well I found a cool exploit to allow my ninja to dual EQB
    Ack!

/me flees.

Im a soldier...im yet to see anyone run from me...

Boci-The Original Fatbodied Soldier...200 Levels of uselessness
    The Sammich Master is Back!
    Boci - Retired Soldier
    Flashgordun - Smurf in Training
    Mussashi---Boci Reborn---Sword Saint
    xxxxxxxx Keeper Twink of Dewm

Originally posted by Master Sammich Maker
    Im a soldier...im yet to see anyone run from me...

Boci-The Original Fatbodied Soldier...200 Levels of uselessness
    That's cause everyone wants Sammiches from you Boci!!

Why would anyone want to run away from Sammiches?
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

MAs MAs MAs and one more time MAs
    Are the most useless pvp proffesion in mas combat after them go.
    MAs and then MAs again.

All use of MA is buffing mop. They dont have HP, Damage, Resistance, Range and so they nto even good at killing towers couse you cant crit it and all their damge comes from crits.

Funcom has proffesion that all about critcals and they nerf criticals and forgot about boosting MAs.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

adv and ma
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

CratS! R Gimpz.

Damn now we just need a few traders, docs, agents, NTs and Meta's to post on this thread and we will have a concensus!

edit

opps forgot fixers!

We all are gimped by the mighty Nerf Bat.

the universal woe of all professions in mass pvp is LAG how many people get killed by lag in mass pvp battle...90% maybe...????
    that is not how war is supposed to be.. reduce the number of attackers or get better servers.. one or the other.. cause then we can really judge the level of gimpness of the different profs.
    i could be very useful in pvp except that i ususally get so much lag after casting kels once that i die before second cast goes off since i was'nt able to put up NSII during the lag

ma's and adv's. We cant get in range to attack and if we do, we might as well be flogging the enemy with noodles.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

I'm curious...

Why do you think Engies are good all of a sudden (I'm curious because we are not) or are you all basing your opinion on high level engineers who are using transference?
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Warlock
    I'm curious...

Why do you think Engies are good all of a sudden (I'm curious because we are not) or are you all basing your opinion on high level engineers who are using transference?
    No... myself, I note specials shield (I love it!) and the way you can send in your robot to beat on towers while staying well out of harm's way behind an attacking team yourself, even without taking advantage of the suppression gas exploit.

There's another semi-exploit for engineers as well - a level 130 engineer can buff on a level 200 slayer, but the slayer's pvp level range is its owner's, so level 200 players can't hit the level 200 robot hitting their towers.

Really, transference-using engineers are in a worse way than MAs: nerfed crits, plus no heals, no root breaker attack (it's profession: Martial Artist) , and you're a much bigger and more obvious robotic white target to boot.

Using the robot on players isn't as successful, so this is mostly for attacks. But, it's still more than MAs or melee Adventurers have going for them.

There's another semi-exploit for engineers as well - a level 130 engineer can buff on a level 200 slayer, but the slayer's pvp level range is its owner's, so level 200 players can't hit the level 200 robot hitting their towers.
    That's nice for a small level range of Engineers under 150(until the high levels call in ONE person of the correct level to kill the Engie). But what about the Engies like me(Im 199). Well, I do pretty good if no one targets me. But once they do, there is no profession my level that I can beat...well another Engie maybe. All you have to do is neutralize our pet(root, mez, charm, OE the Engie with debuffs, or get it stuck on terrain) and we're done.

Anyway, I hate to end on a negative note, so I would like to say that our boosts in the recent patchs are nice and (though they dont make us feared) they make us a fairly helpful member of any large group.
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

9 out of 12 classes can disable an engy's pet in 1 nano. That is a sad thing. And if one out of the 9 doesn't the terrain will

Guess you do have a few tools that can get the pet re-enabled for those 9 classes that just have roots and snares, but if you are casting that, someone will be shooting at you. And now you can't even use old faithful, send the pet in and run the other way, because as soon as you go out of visual the pet stops fighting now.

Got to say, engies really could use the most love for PVP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast