Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most useless professions in mass-PvP

In MASS PvP I'd say the worst profession is the Doctor. Why? Because it gets sent to reclaim about 3 seconds after poking its head up. Its amazing how fast everyone targets the Doctor after an init drain has been cast. I spend 90 percent of the time buffing/travelling, 10 percent actually at the battle.

Spookdoc

Unhappy Docs ack

Yeah id have to agree with that as a Doc im the first to die in mass pvp, although it does take 5 ppl to do it , im still dead in 5 seconds.It goes root, blind, divest, plunder, crown of frost, FA,burst,fling,brawl..... reclaim.If im lucky i get 1 or 2 debuffs off but those are useless now as well since everyone can still hit 1.1 cause their inits. are through the roof, and forget about healin anyone im so debuffed myself i cant use lvl 50 nanos.Oh well at least while im biting it someone else can get some shots off.

Docs are attacked first becuz they are one of the biggest THREATS and if left untouched they can seriously boost the lifetime of defenders. They are faaaaaaaar from useless. They are in fact target so much becuz they are so USEFUL. There's a difference there. If you have an MA or melee adventurer running through your ranks just root him and leave him there, he's not going anywhere. Or even better, use him to ladder up your divest/plunder tree.
    Keldrys - General of Legion

Originally posted by Majikall
    In MASS PvP I'd say the worst profession is the Doctor. Why? Because it gets sent to reclaim about 3 seconds after poking its head up. Its amazing how fast everyone targets the Doctor after an init drain has been cast. I spend 90 percent of the time buffing/travelling, 10 percent actually at the battle.
    Funny, perhaps you shouldn't stand in front of the pack

Hang back behind the real damage dealers and heal them as they need it. It's tough to be killed when the opposition has to run through a line of people your own faction to get to you.

I lasted over 2 hours in a tower battle with just barely more Clan then Omni. I spent the whole time init debuffing with a range increaser and ctrl-tabbing through all the Clan and healing those getting hurt. Omni slowly dwindled our numbers (the towers attacking us helped a bit too ) until they overwhelmed us where they all charged and massacred us and I finally died by about 15 attacked-by's.

But it was fun.

Gimpyest in MASS PvP ?

/me wonders why this is not a NO BRAINER for more people? take a look at my Prof !!!!!

Originally posted by Sheffy
    Funny, perhaps you shouldn't stand in front of the pack

Hang back behind the real damage dealers and heal them as they need it. It's tough to be killed when the opposition has to run through a line of people your own faction to get to you.
    I do hang back, its suicide for me to be near the front, I'm usually behind the biggest pack I can find. But because line of sight plays absolutely no part in AO (pfft, yeah, like thats believable), and everyone can shoot/cast nanos through 50 people, I still get picked off fast.

The last time I went to a tower battle, I cast an init debuff on a smurf (thats a fixer in GA for the uneducated), the smurf pulled out and stood around for a while. Then suddenly said smurf came rushing around and took a shot at me. Obviously having set it up with friends before hand, the moment his shot landed, just about everyone with a long range weapon also hit me. I think I saw the fixers burst then three aimed shots before I was back in reclaim.

I wouldn't mind, but this kind of thing happens all the time. It would be so nice if AO had line of sight rules and the ability to use cover. But thats just one of many things wrong with this game, that brings it to a - face opponent, press Q, see who dies first - type of game.

IMHO you got to look beyond the direct fighting capabilties of some classes (engineers in particular) to evaluate their usefulness in mass battles.

If you do this, then engineers with their ability to warp people into battle, are far from the most useless profession. Having people warped quickly back into the battle will have a huge impact on both attack and defence. I'm not saying they are the most useful profession, but also not the most useless.

With the current state of roots and snares, and the number of single target and area rooters and snarers throwing around their debuffs, I'd say that MAs and melee adventurers are by far the most useless profession. Also considering that the buffs theese two professions has to offer are pretty unwanted theese days, with 1/2 crit chance and all. No one else runs the same chance of getting killed without having inflicted a single point of damage or buffed a single ally.

Originally posted by Jynne

There's another semi-exploit for engineers as well - a level 130 engineer can buff on a level 200 slayer, but the slayer's pvp level range is its owner's, so level 200 players can't hit the level 200 robot hitting their towers.
    Thats more like the worst nerf on pet classes ever, especially the MP... A lvl 125 MP can properly selfbuff a demon and maybe Belamorte... but Belamorte refuses to heal him, and the pet will not attack towers or other playes at his lvl... only the pets lvl... Well the thing that the MP can use such high lvl pets before other pet classes, is that pets was infact balanced so that MP pets were hitting for less than the other pet classes, thus needed to buff to use a high lvl pet, which is similar to a medium lvl pet of the crat/engi... Damnit we were designed to use highlvl pets early, and it was needed too, to compensate for the uselessnes of those lower lvl pets... and now we cant use them...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    IMHO you got to look beyond the direct fighting capabilties of some classes (engineers in particular) to evaluate their usefulness in mass battles.

If you do this, then engineers with their ability to warp people into battle, are far from the most useless profession. Having people warped quickly back into the battle will have a huge impact on both attack and defence. I'm not saying they are the most useful profession, but also not the most useless.
    2 words....

Crowd Control
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Jamespond

Thats more like the worst nerf on pet classes ever, especially the MP... A lvl 125 MP can properly selfbuff a demon and maybe Belamorte... but Belamorte refuses to heal him, and the pet will not attack towers or other playes at his lvl... only the pets lvl... Well the thing that the MP can use such high lvl pets before other pet classes, is that pets was infact balanced so that MP pets were hitting for less than the other pet classes, thus needed to buff to use a high lvl pet, which is similar to a medium lvl pet of the crat/engi... Damnit we were designed to use highlvl pets early, and it was needed too, to compensate for the uselessnes of those lower lvl pets... and now we cant use them...
    Yeah the new buffing/healing level brackets really goofed pets and pet users up

And I didn't know it wouldn't attack people at the user's level either... I just knew it could hit my towers and I couldn't do anything about it
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Sorry, but i have to disagree with most of you all..

MA's are by far the most pathetic group of pvp'ers out today.

No dmg, no range (for most of us), no resistance..

Im such a low threat that sometimes im not even attacked right off the bat, some fixers or agetns or whatever just root me with one huge root so i cant go do anything, and keep coming back to refresh my root (how nice of them), until they are ready to kill me...

On the one hand this is pretty darn funny and im usre they get a kick out of doing this.

But on the other hand, its so darn POINTLESS for me to even attempt to do any tower battles, which is imo very very bad.

No class should be so bad that they are laughed upon by pretty much every other class.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

Here we go - cut, paste and edit the <>'s.

--- cut here ---

No, you're all wrong - obviously you don't know what you're talking about. <MY PROFESSION> is clearly the most useless in Mass-PvP. We get owned by <OTHER PROFESSONS> all the time. All I do in mass-PvP is buff and die, then spend lots of time getting back to the area.

FC has nerfed us so much that we're now officially complete gimps. Unless we soon get some love, I'm quitting this damn game!

--- cut here ---

Enjoy

Gimp-wars, gotta love it, and it never changes.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12