Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop the LFT/LFG shouting! PLZ!!

Stop the LFT/LFG shouting! PLZ!!

Am I the only one using the "seeking team" channels? Whenever I am in ENT my chat is overflowed with ppl shouting LFT, LFG!!!

USE THE SEEKING FOR TEAM CHANNEL!! ITS THERE FOR A REASON!!! USE IT!!!!!!!

Its so easy. People looking for teams use that channel and teams looking for more (lfm) use that channel to see if anyone is looking...

erm yeah well....thats all I wanted to say...thank you for your time.... Just had to get that out..hehe no offense... :/

Its just so out of controll. FunCom plz disable "shout" around mission terminals...make things civilized again plz...dear god plz...
    Last edited by Death_Metal; Dec 16th, 2002 at 20:03:24.

oh cmon, does it bother u soooooo much?.
    Turn of vicinity, havent used that looking for group channel with my main nor my alt in a long time.
    Chill down man, ppl have the right to shout what ever they want, within its limits, nothing against the rule that say. but cmon, why start a flaming war over such a redicolus matter

Why do people have to...

Why do people have to flame? I hate that. Why don't they just send personal /tells to that person. I am very upset by this matter
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Yeah it does bother me why else would i bring it up? I was in ent and it was the worse I have ever seen. All the time LFT LFG! I hade on all the LFT channels but no one used it. Just seems silly.

I dont wish to turn off Visinity because then I cant see if someone is talking to me (unless they send a tell). Also the seeking channels are there so use it for what its intended for.
    Last edited by Death_Metal; Dec 16th, 2002 at 16:54:20.

People wouldn't have to shout if Funcom came up with a better system for getting groups together. Point your anger towards Funcom, not towards the people that are forced to use their ignornat system.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Re: Why do people have to...

Originally posted by Haminie
    Why do people have to flame? I hate that. Why don't they just send personal /tells to that person. I am very upset by this matter
    LMAO, imagine if you sent a tell toevery person LFG, you would have time for nothing else.

/macro lfg /s 190 fixer lfg
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Re: Why do people have to...

Originally posted by Haminie
    Zah! <waves at Hammy-babe>
    The Sammich Master is Back!
    Boci - Retired Soldier
    Flashgordun - Smurf in Training
    Mussashi---Boci Reborn---Sword Saint
    xxxxxxxx Keeper Twink of Dewm

i cant understand why this bothers some people so much that others shout LFG... its the best way to do it... if you are close enuff to someone to hear them shout LFG then they are just a tab away from being apart of your group... where as the one time i tried to invite people on the lfg channel they were not in same general area as me... so i then had to send them a tell "where are you?" ... tells take time, and when the people LFG are hell bent on getting a group, getting a mission, and getting their share of Exp they just dont have time to track down someone whos not standing right next to them.
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Japella, what sort of crack are you smoking?

Shout != vicinity.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Kenlon, what sort of crack are you smoking?

Japella didnt say anything is wrong with shouts, just it's annoying to use the Team Seeking channels and find someone who is in another city when your team is ready to get moving.

man, unplug a little...

JoanofKahlan / Basilica / Fixlica / Joankahza / Joaness
    Band of Brothers

"There are four chief obstacles in grasping truth ... namely, submission to faulty and unworthy authority, influence of custom, popular prejudice,and the concealment of our own ignorance accompanied by an ostentatious display of our knowledge." --Roger Bacon

ATTENTION ALL OMNI

I ENCOURAGE you to shout that you are looking for a team as much as possible when you are around Omni Entertainment please. As much as you can. And Please shout twice as much as that whenever you see Death_Metal around. I like to see people like this get really bent out of shape over something so trivial and minor, as to not be but a pimple on the ass of all the problems in this game. I encourage you to make this guy mad in this following manner for no reason than to make him waste his energy being this upset over something that has little or no consequence to himself.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

hehe

i think alot of players mute the lfg channels...
    it's much more efficient to /shout near a popular place (tir grid, NLC for example) then try and get through the channels...

i dont see what the big deal is

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

No problems with shouting for LFG -- there are so many team channels that I never bother with them; I already have like 4 chatbots plus guildchat.

But, what confuses me is why people have no problems shouting for a group, but they have to send tells to beg for essence?
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Arrow /shrug

Am I the only one using the "seeking team" channels? Whenever I am in ENT my chat is overflowed with ppl shouting LFT, LFG!!!

USE THE SEEKING FOR TEAM CHANNEL!! ITS THERE FOR A REASON!!! USE IT!!!!!!!

Its so easy. People looking for teams use that channel and teams looking for more (lfm) use that channel to see if anyone is looking...

erm yeah well....thats all I wanted to say...thank you for your time.... Just had to get that out..hehe no offense... :/

Its just so out of controll. FunCom plz disable "shout" around mission terminals...make things civilized again plz...dear god plz...
    The first thing I did when I got the 150+ team channel was mute it...
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Um, heh. Maybe it's just me, but he didn't seem as bent out of shape about it as you people are making it look like

But he does have a point about the lfg channel not being used. But instead of getting mad about it, I think it's pretty funny. I made some reference to it in one of my silly mp stories in the metaphysicists forums

It's a wierd player quirk and gives the game some personality. I equate it walking up to the TV, picking up the remote control, walking back to the couch, changing the channel, then walking back to the tv to put the remote down. My wife does that and I think it's hella cute
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

/shout 145 Soldier LFT

Yep, I do it all the time and will continue to do it. It says I'm looking for a team and I'm right here in the same zone as you so you won't have to waste a couple precious minutes waiting for me to come and join you.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

/s 175 enforcer LFG biznitch!
    Slowness
    My Setup
    220/30/70 Enforcer
    Proud Advisor of KAZE

seeking group channel is not that powerful ......... working at lev 1--120 .......... usually
    Attention!!!
    Kill ma in pvp will not be looked as farming pvp title
    No dangerous, no exception gogogo

crats what r u waiting for ?

171 soldier
    200 ma
    174 NT ( leveling )
    83 doc

I am in China now . no AO this month .......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast