Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop the LFT/LFG shouting! PLZ!!

The terms LFG and LFT are player developed slang and abreviations. They have been developed and incorporated into the game by the players. It is up to you whether you use them or not. But it is wrong for you to try and pass judgement on an abbreviation just because it is aggrevating you.

for example, your post heading "Stop the shouting PLZ!"
    you have used capital PLZ to show that you are frustrated and that you want to make the sound of the word shout. So you use "PLZ". You are simply contradicting your words. If text shouting bothers you so much, then why to you use it on the forums?

You must know that this is a MMO game that has many people with different tastes and likes/dislikes. We have to cater for all not just one. So if something bugs you in future. Think before you start ranting.

Regards
    Last edited by Tikon RIP 02-04; Dec 19th, 2002 at 09:43:50.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

rofl.. you need to lighten up.

The worst spam in the game is shopping/lfg apart from the fact that no one uses it as most have it muted. So you can lfg all day on the official channels and still get no where. /s is always the most effective way as long as its used reasonably.

Seeking team channel is great for newbies perhaps who dont know where groups form. But thats it

Trying to remember back, I think I used the channels all the time in the beginning. I think the shouting started in 20k(for me at least) where clanners, omnis and neutrals teamed together all the time. Since the seeking team channels would reach less than half the people around you, vincinity was used instead. Today, most of the teams at that level are started in NLC for Omni and Tir for Clanners. Think the shouting is just a habit people have brought along from the past. Really not that annoying, but (for me at least) really not necessary either.

The WTS shouts are far more annoying imho... When I want to shop, I unmute the shopping channels.

--sil

There isn't any cross-faction looking for group channel, nor is there any zone-only looking for group channel. For people desperate for group members the only way to offer a spot to neutral or opposite aligned members is to shout. That's life.

Lightbulb Solution:

Funcom could add an option to mute all shouting, problem solved and everyone happy =)
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

So when a lvl 19 wants to team with lvl 20+ people he has to use a channel he doesnt have because you dont like LFG shouts? nice....
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Re: Why do people have to...

Originally posted by Haminie
    Why do people have to flame? I hate that. Why don't they just send personal /tells to that person. I am very upset by this matter
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=83263

I just couldn't resist

And for the shouting thing, try a neutral. Find 5 person of your level in the neutral seeking team channel IS a challenge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12