Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argghhhh Pick A New Patch Time Already!

Argghhhh Pick A New Patch Time Already!

FC pick a new time to patch for once. Every time you decide to patch it is at the same time why not let the others get no play time for once instead of patching when us people like to get a few hours in befor work or something. You people that dont play at this time and wouldn't want them patching at your time To Damn Bad deal with it we have long enough!!!

When we come to play AO befor work it is to get in a relativly normal state of mind and not go to work grumpy. We got this to make us happy for the time being but when it is down you just make us more mad. PLEASE PICK A DIFFERENT TIME. Hell alternate the times do some patches at this time and some like 8 hours later or something. Dont blame it on no GMs in office that is total bs there is always someone there.

Well, I imagine, just as you have to go to work, so do FC. If they did the patches in 8 hours time, they'd be paying their employees overtime, paying them for work they could be doing during their normal working hours. As much as its a pain that they pick bad times for some people, its just a job. Its a game to us, its a job to them.

Very good post Maj, however (and I may be wrong now) I believe they did the patchings earlier before? As far as I recall, it usually went down at 10pm gmt. Nowadays its usally in the afternoon.

Morning hours GMTs are preferred by me - cause then Im usually either busy, or sleeping

Great time for patching, I'm at work every time they patch and can't play anyway
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

well afternoon gmt has the ill effect of bight afternoon in europe. and im getting pretty sick of having a 6 hour patch every so often.

Well, this time of the day IS downtime at rubi-ka anyways.
    Fluff Molgan Fluffyfluff eqp
    Mglomk2
    Synergy Factor

....have been horribly brainwashed by the prospect of being uber into camping NPCs until their peepee's shrivel (c) Naraya

seems to me like the Morning patching was the best idea...

Think of it.. patch at 10 am. Servers up at 1pm -< 4 hours left ina normal working day to iron out bugs and monitor the patch on live. also enough time to emeregency poatch if the first one was crap ( usually the case >/ )

Patch at 12.30. servers up at 3.30pm everyone goes home in 1.5 hours... no time to accomplish anything.

A fixed maintenance is good.

However, it is except a fixed maintenance and being stopped frequently is very pain.
    I think recently especially that it is severe.

Please limit to a fixed maintenance.
    Or if it is out irregularly, please shift time at random.

I can understand that some of you aren't happy with that but,
    simple logic is best time to make patch is when there are the fewest players. That's just plain simple.
    Don't you think that they have statistics tools to know when is the best time to patch to anoy the fewest players ?
    This time for patch suit most of the players, and that's all.
    Just stop being selfish and go outside for a walk.

Angry GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

(warning, completely selfish and unimportant rant ahead)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr !!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

/angry
    /angry
    /angry

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

/angry

/cry

/me sighs

ok ....

see, it's not like i don't love my gf or so ..... nope ..... but i was *extremely* happy when she went back to work after lunch now ... yeah .... cause guess what ? this means 4 hour of *total blockbuster shyote beat-it-all* entertainment (playin ao) for me ... ya ...

ha!

but you never expect the nordish inquisition, nay you don't ....

seems the servers come back *excactly* when my gf returns from work again ...

ya, bravo funcom, i really love you .....

ooc: j/k, but i guess i just picked the short straw this time grrrrrrrrr ehehehe hmpf, more gothic ii for me then (if i find the cd damm ....)
    tradeskillz ?

Same here

It seems that whenever I have a day of from work (I'm a nurse so I work all kinds of strange hours, including weekends) there is a 3-5 hour patch and I lose an entire day of valuable gaming time. Not everyone works 9-5.

As much as I understand the reasons for patching at this time it's still VERY frustrating for us Europeans, and I too have a wife who considers AO the work of the devil.
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

Patch time is fun : ) most ppl dont play at those times ,, the majority counts i hope

Majority or not we all pay the same ammount for a game we get so much downtime on. Also FC has more then one office and employees on different shifts so no matter what there is almost always someone on so it cant be blamed on working hours at all.

Originally posted by Siamak & i ii y
    Patch time is fun : )
    No it isn't. Necessary perhaps, but not fun.
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

Originally posted by Kunn ~ Flintforge
    Majority or not we all pay the same ammount for a game we get so much downtime on. Also FC has more then one office and employees on different shifts so no matter what there is almost always someone on so it cant be blamed on working hours at all.

Ya, but 90% of the programmers, and Dev people, and techs are there DURING THE DAY. Deal with it. Its the way a company is run. One of your biggest overheads are labor costs. Keeping this down is paramount to ANY company. I hope you can understand that. They arent going to pay all those guys ( and they make good money ) all the overtime that they would have ot to keep them there at night. So, in short, they patch during the NORMAL work day for them.

Hence, sucks to be you.

On the other hand, its great for me since I am in the US, and they patch during the time I am at work.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Deezlar
    Patch at 12.30. servers up at 3.30pm everyone goes home in 1.5 hours... no time to accomplish anything.
    Depends what the usual work times are in Norway... For instance, in France, it's pretty common to finish at 6 or 7 pm.

I live and the US and the downtime tends to be at the most inconvienient time. It seems its always either
    A. on my day off.
    B. Starts just as I get up and plan on playing a few hours before work!
    either way, alternating downtimes is a great idea, and Im sure FC could pull it off. Im sure not everyone there works the same shift, and Im sure most of their employees can do the work required in patching.

Some people in this thread seem to think that the patch times depend on the norwegian workday... however, to the best of my knowledge all AO servers are located in the US. So it's not only a time of day with few players online, it's also in the middle of the workday of the people that do the actual patching.

It's at the perfect time for me

I've been at work or asleep every time when it happens. I've never tried to log on and had Rubi-Ka be temporarily out of service. Keep up the good work Funcom

Seriously though, it has nothing to do with favoritism and them trying to screw any particular person that has a certain schedule or lives in a certain part of the world. They do it when they are at work and try to do it at the beginning of their day so they can hopefully get the kinks worked out before they go home. Don't expect any change in this regard.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Actually, you all don't know the secret that I do.

*looks around to make sure no one from FC is watching him*

It's because they hate Europeans.

No, really.

What are you lot laughing at!?!
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast