Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixer quest impossible...

Originally posted by Metalynx
    "levels 25-100"??

Lol I pulled that right off a website AO-Zone ! I must admit I havent even checked the requirements on it, I assumed that it would be about the same as the phreak nano that the quest requires you to obtain and turn in.

The reason I am planning it a bit is because of the time constraint and because if I fail I will need to start over, collect items etc

PS: Im on RK1 Atlantean

Edit: Ok I just tried parrot form (thnx Deinarra ! ) and made it to Omni-ent by flying from ICC to 20k. However, when I went back I lagged and died at 4 holes. Good thing it was a practise run !

Edit : finally got fixer help (thnx sluggermulps ! ) and was able to grid into Omni-ent no problem, finished quest, and found that yes even a gimped atrox fixer at L62 can cast fixer grid no problem.
    Last edited by xoox; Dec 17th, 2002 at 20:55:42.
    XOOX level 200 Redemption Squad Commander

Originally posted by xoox
    XOOX level 200 Redemption Unit Commander

/speechless
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

Er, to clarify, the fixer was one of my alts.

Er, to clarify, the fixer was one of my alts.
    That's my point.

*gets out chalkboard*

You've logged enough /played hours to become level 200, and become a Unit Commander in a guild, but you don't know enough about either the game or the Fixer profession to figure out a way to do the quest at your level, and didn't have any friends who could help you, so you declared it "impossible" to do.

The quest isn't impossible, you just couldn't figure it out. Big difference.

Being a Fixer and completing the Fixer grid quest successfully requires more than just selecting "Fixer" in the character creation room...

To be a Fixer, you should:

- Think outside the box.
    - Figure out alternative means to your desired end.
    - Make friends, acquaintances, business, or other contacts that can help you meet your goals (and you theirs).
    - Don't assume the straightforward route is the best route. In this case, it wasn't.
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

/me looks at Sig and coughs

a guy with a Level 200 Twink Main cant get a few dozen of his high level buddies to just walk in and level Omni Ent?

That woucl have been the easy fix :P

Ahh well at least you made it. I suppose.

Damn, you people are so serious ! Lighten up !

My point is that a level 40 NEW fixer would find it difficult if not impossible to do the quest. I believe the fixer quest was put in when there was amnesty. I can easily afford a plane that's not what this is about.

Just because I have L200 soldier doesnt make me an authority on other professions, which btw is why I'm having fun playing others.

stratah you are not doing your guild or fellow fixers much favor
    by your post, as I see it. It is not helpful.

You shouldnt have to enlist high level help to do a low level quest.
    Thats my opinion, and the end of my interest in this thread.

Sure, the quest is difficult, (because you have to *think!*) as you've seen it's not anywhere near impossible to do.

Many, many "new" Fixers have done the quest.

You think I'm "not doing them much favor" by my post?
    I acknowledge that those other people have the creative thinking neccessary to successfully complete the quest without whining that it's impossible. I respect those people, and they know it.

It's not about level, and it's not about money. It's about whether you can think "like a Fixer" and figure out any means neccessary to your desired end.

By the way, it's not a "low level quest". It's a quest for whatever level you happen to be at when you can figure out a way to do it... whether your "way" is to have an Engi do you a favor, work your ass off to buy a Yalm, call in some favors from your contacts, use suicide as a tactic, pay someone...whatever it takes.

You say that having a level 200 soldier doesn't make you an authority on other professions, which is true, but it should make you an "authority" on the mechanics of the game and Rubi-Ka.

I would understand a new player not knowing a lot of things, but being level 200, you should know things like:

How to make money at low levels.
    Engi's can warp.
    If you /terminate you will end up where you last scanned.
    Enf can buff your HP.
    Fixers can buff your runspeed.
    Parrot Form.

What you are *still* failing to understand is the comparison between you (level 200 main) and a new player with their first AO character...when the new player can figure out creative ways to complete the quest, but you can't.

One other note:
    Yes, I believe the quest was put in during the Amnesty, however, I'd say the majority of Fixers who have doen the quest, did it AFTER the Amnesty period was over.
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator

-=The Mockers=-

hye guys i was wondering if anyone could help me do this quest?? ill be on this weekend and i dont have a clue on how to do it.. it would really help

(btw i do have a plane)
    Nastysavage-207 soldier-Equip-Perks

Lol Saytan (L177 sol) right on ! Just dont ask stratah all he say is blahblahblah think outside the box blahblahblah then a bunch of personal attacks. I certainly hope Mockers is not all like that. I thought it was a legitimate concern, and I asked for help. So then such a badass as yourself says its not so then fine, I stand corrected.

To anyone else, I hope that the more helpful posts in the thread in some way help you in the quest. Stratah I do know the game mechanics you mentioned. Its a shame you have to stoop so low.
    The thread started out entertaining as I described methods I tried out ( I thought) but then ended with personal attacks because of my signature.

Yeah Phinger.... I think you owe Serraglio an apology....

Making an ill-though comment and mocking him doesn't seem very... hm.... PROFESSIONAL to me....

GL and goddess bless anyone trying to do Ofoz's quest without a Yalm. I'd buy all the non-phix0rs yalms if I could.
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

I agree with Stratah, Xoox. You really didn't give the quest much thought before you came in declairing it 'impossible' ... Sure, it's been made more difficult for clan fixers. But the quest is all about RP (speed, dodgy dealing etc) and from an RP point of view fixers need contacts and maybe (future) business acquaintances. If that's not your style then maybe Fixer is not your style.

This is the best quest in the game IMO. So much of this game is too easy and some parts too hard for all the wrong reasons but this quest is tough in the right way. Most fixers I've spoken to enjoyed doing this quest (and I certainly did).

Certainly hope Mockers is not all like that. I thought it was a legitimate concern, and I asked for help
    First, no you didn't. Your title was "Fixer quest impossible without a plane" and then after a few more "impossible's" along the way finally got to "there has to be another way" ... If you'd have posted "I'm having trouble doing the Omni Ent part of the Fixer quest - any advice" I'm sure you'd have got a much better reception. Second, Mockers are family

My offer to help any Fixer who's ready to go into Omni-Ent still stands (give me a tell if you want Saytan +6pm GMT most nights)
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]

(glances at the posts in here)

/me frowns at xoox

Play nice. If it wasnt for our Damn org allot of the fixers who have dont this woudl have struggled more. This quest was supposed to be hard. AND it was one of the few in the bloody game where camping a mob and slaughtering it over and over again to get a bloody stupid item, isnt needed. Becasue ot that, they ahve ot make things difficult. Ive ran the gambut a few times myself (in various alts). Ive benn able to run it..with no yalm..and no help 3x with a lvl 29 fixer. Yup, you heard me 29.

How?? I spent hours reading up on the various methods people have tried and experimented. I tried several dry runs. I died allot. I died some more. Eventually I got thru (due to luck..speed and a helluvalot of balls). I didnt have any help from anyone I knew (the fixer in question was incognito).

What Strat was trying to say...something that you took personally..and decided to start Flaming her about, was that many NEW characters and player can handle this becasue they havent ad theri mind narrowed by the long experience of the game that a level 200 person woudl have. Your used to doign things in a certain way. Its natural for that to happen. Becasue you "understand" the mechanics of the game, you dont "think outside the box". Your used to playing AO they way you nromally play.

A new person has no idea of the rules. SO they experiment. Untill someon posts a "its impossible" rant in the forums, they dont knwo it cant be done.

Relax and chill. Its doable. Read the probabbly 60 posts on this same topic in the Fixer Forum (oh wait..did you know that existed?) Yes the same thing has been chewed over many times, just Like Grid armor questions. Read up and youll see such nuggets of infomration that have been shown here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12