Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixer quest impossible...

Fixer quest impossible...

...without a plane !!
    How is a fixer at level 25-100 supposed to do the fixer quest, when part of the quest involves going through Omni ent to meet Smokey Willy when said fixer does not have a plane ? Kinda impossible. btw fixer is clan. LOL ! Would survive about 5 seconds there. Therfore fixer needs a plane in order to get something that would make the plane redundant. Doesnt make sense. One suggestion is to use an engineer in a plane and warp, but there has to be a better way...
    XOOX level 200 Redemption Squad Commander

I did the fixer quest without a yalm, key is to get a higher lvl fixer to pull away guards. There are Omni fixers out there to that will waste the guards to help a fixer doing quest. Just ask around, it is possible to do quest without yalm or assistance but better be high enough to take a bit of damage while you outdistance guards.

Sepaku
    113 Atrox Fixer

The Fixer Grid exit to Omni Ent is not near any guards. If you need a ride in give me a tell (applies to any Fixer who needs a hand doing this).

*edit* RK1 (Atlantean) on from ~6pm GMT.
    Last edited by Redtail; Dec 16th, 2002 at 13:57:32.
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]

An alternative method is to enlist an Engineer to warp you there. Beacon Warp is easily self-castable around lvl 70, less for a nanomage.

Any Fixers on RK-2 want warping, give me a yell.

Cheers,

~R~

PLane complaint. I dont see the problem you do this quest before your 75 you cant cast the nano anyway.

By the time your 75 you can afford a plane....5 million isnt a lot of money to make. I did that with my NT when the game first went live.

You have no sympthay here this is a silly complaint of what is actually a damn great quest.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Originally posted by Fingers
    PLane complaint. I dont see the problem you do this quest before your 75 you cant cast the nano anyway.
    My Fixer was level 54 when he did the quest and casted that Nano first time (unbuffed). Could have done it earlier ...

Fixer quest

Not wishing to boast, but I did the quest on foot at level 45 (as Clan) on my own. I put in 3 Runspeed implants and begged HP and Runspeed buffs from anyone who would give me one. It was close and it took me three attempts, but I did it. Omni Ent wasnt the problem, it was getting the whompa from Galway to 10-3. That Elite Commander hits like a freight train. Obviously, set the Agg/Def slider to full Def when you are running.

Use the whompa route : ICC -- Trade -- Galway -- 10.3 -- 20k -- Ent

With decent runspeed (700 ish), Doc and Enf HP buffs and a HoT (if NCU permits) you should have no problem doing it.
    "You know how these so-called 'Environmentalists' are all vegetarian? Well, there would be a lot more of the Environment if they stopped eating all the plants..."

Harry Hill

Smile

wow thanks for your responses. I thought best way was

grid Harrys-take shuttle-run to 20k-whompa to omni-ent

as far as whompa is concerned. I might try runspeed implants and buffs.

And thanks for those willing to help, using fixer grid access or warp, I might try that too. I guess if I was serious with this character I would buy a plane. Hehe not willing to make that commitment yet, I'd rather have the challenge of doing it without for now.

Uhm.. Fixer here.. did this quest and self casted the nano at once at level 41... No, am not uber twinked, hardly knows what that entails, even less how to do it.

Only thing I did was tripple implant comp lit to be able to grid into Home instead of running through BS (Which IS possible, but if you can skip doing it, it's recommended to do so.) Self buffed runbuff..whoosh..got the nano from Cirocco, a couple of minutes later, in the Fixer grid, diving from the top level of it. level 41, not 75..self cast
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Doh I knew I should have done quest whilst there were no guards in Omni-Ent. Now it is impossible to use grid or whompa into Omni-Ent for clanner at my level without plane.

However, I had a fixer use team grid and was able to find a path to both smokey willy and spoilt brat.

I am now at the fixer race part, which requires 2 entries into Omni-Ent. I hope that I can find a fixer to wait around for 20 mins or so...

Neuts have it easy }:>

Simplest way... start neutral. Stay neutral until you do the quest. Then go omni or clan if you really feel the need to, but why would you want to?
    DrDaer: Doctor for Hire, Daerdevil: Speed Addict,
    RevDaer: Prophet for Profit, MaestroDaer: Salesman of DOOM (tm)
    ... all part of the collective conciousness know as Daerkannon
    Squad Commander of the Rogue's Gallery

Did the quest at lvl50ish, had no yalm, only had essense, Doc HP buff, GSF, HoT...

And yes, i went through omni ent, the guards do not leave the grid area...all you have to do is be ready to run the moment you zone, full defense i took 4 hits, almost killed me but i made it out of range, done it twice and survived... But if you can get an engie to help you, take him up on his offer cuz the way i did was too stressful...

I just wish i had the sense to come to the boards for help.

THe reason why I couldnt self cast it before 75. Was because I was rasiing skills to wear GA2.

There wasnt enough Spare IP to spend even on the mundane skill of break entry.

Good on you that you did at 41. But since there is 200 levels in the game I still dont see the complaint of the person above doing at soon as he makes his Fixer nor the complaint about the lack of the plane. You now are missing the point of the thread and instead just showing off when you can self cast the nano.....whoppdeedo well done to you.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Hehehe, I think that the major audience here would be lvl 40ish fixers that cannot afford a yalm, ie. non-twinks/2nd characters.

That would, um, sort of imply that they are not in ANY way raising skills to use GA anything, much less GA2 at level 40. Most fixers going the standard route can cast this nano pretty early tho, without a lot of twinking.

Bravo to those that got their fixer grid at level 40! It's great to see people come up with creative ways to get past difficult situations, whether it be making friends with fellow fixers and engies, finding helpful enforcers and docs, or doing quick implant swaps

You now are missing the point of the thread and instead just showing off when you can self cast the nano.....whoppdeedo well done to you.

Phinger
    Actually no.. Because you said
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Fingers
    I dont see the problem you do this quest before your 75 you cant cast the nano anyway.

You didn't say that YOU couldn't cast the nano before level 75
    You said that it just couldn't be done before lvl 75. My post was to disprove this, so people didn't think that seriously, no-one can cast it before 75.
    You are a professional, so people might put some weight on your words and actually think that what you posted was gospel. Therefor I posted that no, you can indeed selfcast it at the level you can aquire it, to make sure that misunderstandings could be avoided.
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Adv run buffs

A little known fact (at least outside of the adv community it seems) is that some of the adv run buffs stack with the fixer run buff.

Free Movement will give you +100, and the Wolf line of morphs will give you from +100 to +390 to run speed, depending on which one you get.

And although I think you HAVE to go via grid for the quest, if you could find a way to go through just whompas then Parrot will give you +1300 run, +170 to evades AND make you able to fly.

But then again, I think it mostly comes down to NCU capacity. How much buff can you stuff into your NCU?
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Firstly, post is not a complaint, but a simple statement that a fixer my level would find it very hard to do this quest. I think that the quest was designed when there was amnesty and the guards would not agro. Still, I am also saying its a challenge that for me makes it fun to do, without plane. At first I admit I was stumped, but with all the mostly helpful posts, I can see there are ways to achieve it. As to whether or not I can use the nano once I get it, doesnt matter, its just fun to do quest and finish it now.
    That 1300 run buff sounds good ! BTW you can use whompas for the quest, and also fixers have tons of NCU so thats not a problem. Well then, tomorrow I shall seek out an advy and get that parrot form buff !

Originally posted by xoox
    Firstly, post is not a complaint, but a simple statement that a fixer my level would find it very hard to do this quest. I think that the quest was designed when there was amnesty and the guards would not agro. Still, I am also saying its a challenge that for me makes it fun to do, without plane. At first I admit I was stumped, but with all the mostly helpful posts, I can see there are ways to achieve it. As to whether or not I can use the nano once I get it, doesnt matter, its just fun to do quest and finish it now.
    That 1300 run buff sounds good ! BTW you can use whompas for the quest, and also fixers have tons of NCU so thats not a problem. Well then, tomorrow I shall seek out an advy and get that parrot form buff !
    If you're on Rimor, send a tell to Revelator. I need an MP to cast it, but would be happy to help, and MPs aren't that hard to find usually.

However, I forgot to mention that while the Wolf morph DOES stack with fixer run buff, the Parrot does not. But still, +1300 and the ability to move in 3 dimensions should compensate for that.

Also, you cannot fight in Parrot form, but I don't think that's a problem either.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

"levels 25-100"??

Gee last I knew you needed to be a certain Min level to actually be able to cast the nano. So what the hell are you doing trying to do it before the min level? Do you LIKE abuse? Or do you just want something to scream about?

Get a yalm (meaning learn how to blitz for cash) ro get a higher level freind to distract the guards (dont tell me you knwo about the fixer quest at level 25, but yet dont knwo any higher level characters...40% of the peopel in the game are above lvl 140 now)

Either that or gain a few more levels and try again. Heck try differnt ways (ther have been times I have WALKED past all 4 guards in OMni ent.....sheer luck. And its happened several times.

How to enter Omni Ent on your own as a lvl 40 clanner:

(This should be done before the race starts.)
    Grid to Harry's, pass over to 20K.
    You can use the ferry that you can see from the grid term.
    Beware the omni guards patrolling the ferry landing.
    You might also be able to swim across, but beware the sharks.

Use the scan terminal in 20K and praise the neutrals for putting one there.
    Use the wompah to Omni Ent.
    There is one guard on the other side of the wompah, but he wanders around.
    This is a lot safer then braving the four lvl 200 guards at the grid exit.

Whenever you need to enter Omni Entertainment again you just /terminate, runbuff and run through the wompah.

Footnote: If non-fixers try this they'd better be able to grid or they will have to run back from 20K.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast