Thread: My Friend

My Friend

The story of my friend

2 1/2 months ago, my friend (job friend) was looking for a game to play during he's days off. I told him that i was playing a great game called Anarchy Online. Right away he started asking me tons of questions about that game. He never played a online game before, he was not even aware of these type of game at all. I start telling him about MMORPG and AO. Then i told him how AO was great, awesome graphics, amazing choices of professions, sci-fi settings, ect.. He was very excited and was willing to give it a try. So he went out and bought the game with my recommendation.

If you remember back 2 1/2 months ago, before NW the game was awesome. Hardly no lag, no crap like black doors, rubber banding, link deads peoples. I was proud to recommend that game cause i knew he was going to like it just like me.

Man was i right ? In a week he was level 60 ! Of course the first few days were a bit confusing but i already told him about the steep learning curve. I even drove to his house to help him understand the game better. He was very excited and was playing the game long hours at the time. In not time he got is MA to 60, he told me that he never had that much fun playing a game before, i was very happy for him.

Then came NW. All of the sudden the game that was so great became the most laggy and unstable game out there. My friend called me and ask me what the hell was happening. So i ask him what he was talking about. He start by telling me that he was constantly getting delay between action and re-action. So i told him it was the lag (remmeber he never play a MMORPG before). I also told him that it was normal, they were putting on new stuff out (NW) and it will be back to normal in a couple of days.

A couple of days later not only it did'nt get better, it got worst. He called me again saying that he was dying for no reasons, all of the sudden he was getting rubber banded ending up in rooms with no exit (black doors) and getting hit by monster he could'nt see. Once again i told him about the new contents, to be patient that Funcom will soon solve all these problem and that the game will be working fine just like when he started 2 1/2 months ago. So he keep playing.

My friend quit the game today. 2 1/2 months after he started under my highly recommendation. He could'nt just stand it, the lag, the rubber banding, Ld, black doors. He told me that he was very angry that a company like Funcom wouldn't do anything to solve these problems. He told me he was tired of dying due to lag, getting disconnected for no reasons. All these things were not happening 2 1/2 months ago. I was very sad to hear that, i recommed that game and felt bad for him.

Since the introduction of NW, Anarchy Online has gone from a very enjoyable game to a laggy and unstable game. I'm no expert here but it's pretty obvious that your servers are overloaded with all the new stuff from NW. Maybe you should think about upgrading your servers. You should really stop doing whatever your doing and work on that problem. Only thing i can tell you is that, before NW the game was great, since NW the game sucks.

My friend quit the game today, how many more it's gonna take before you do something ?
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

I hate when you have to apologize to someone you know for something that is someone else's fault. I too have been experiencing nasty rubber banding.
    Toadman538 - 196 Soldier
    President of CAS

upgrade

Hey funcom does this sound familiar

Format all servers then do a clean install.

if you still have a problem email me at
    paying-customer@home.com

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

shameless bump
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

Re: upgrade

Originally posted by DiscoDuuukk
    Hey funcom does this sound familiar

Format all servers then do a clean install.

if you still have a problem email me at
    paying-customer@home.com

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

ROFL!!!
    Yea

But of course it's our pos PC's not FC's pos servers.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Sure makes me glad I never talked anyone into playing this game.
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

To Aguitha

Hi Aguitha.

I feel with you.
    Because I have done the exact same thing, with one of my best friends.

Ban me if you like FC, but he had never played a internetgame before, and he did not have a computer.
    So I let him borrow my computer sometimes, with my account.
    (I knew that he was gonna get hooked, and get he's own account later)
    He got hooked after a few days. He loved this game.
    Sometimes it was days that I was not online, due to my friend
    used my account.
    ..This was before the fatal patch..

after a while, the kid (26 yo male hehe) got so hooked on this game, that he bought a new computer-system.. And he's own account at FC. ...JUST to play Anarchy-online..
    AND struggled alot to install internet at home and installed Aonline..

Yes, for a few days, perhaps as long as 2 weeks, we levelled like 2 crazy. (Cool to team up with a buddy in RL)

Now.. Im thinking.. "What is he thinking of me?"
    Got him hooked on this game, he spent atlest 2500$ on a new
    computer..
    And now he start to hate this game..

I feel that I am to blame. Got him hooked, and now he drops all
    the time.. Rubber-band. You name it..

So Aguitha, I'm sorry. I know what you feel.

Best Regard
    Wizz
    Best Regards
    Gladiator Maximus Wizzerrd Meridius
    Squad Commander of Project EDEN.
    Level 205 Nanomage MP.

I am required to kill, so I kill. That is enough!

Well, that certainly sucks. I've experienced odd connection issues lately as well.

But you know- you don't have to apologize to someone for suggesting they try a game. Especially if they love it. Connection issues aren't your fault.

I've suggested games to friends before and had them go out and buy them. I only feel guilty when they hate the game itself.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

lol.....

i told 5 of my friends ......
    they played 2month ...
    now all canceled their account...

i ll do same i think ...if they dont patch the damn bugs...

This is a server problem not a client!!
    yesterday in teammission with 5 others me crashed out to windows and after logging in i saw that 3 others crashed same time with me ...

2 mins later 2 of us crashed same time again...
    /tell Oezcan