Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Omni VS. Clans- Is Peace a Reality?

The clans cant control every single clan because tey are not bound by a single government. What most of the clans are bound by is a hate for DB and the sentinels. The apartment building attack was never proven to be clan, and if it was clan, was Dust Brigade, even though it would not profit them to blow up an apartment building. Back when it happened I wrote a long post about who it would profit and who it would hurt and most of the profit came to OmniTek. It gave them something to bring out in seemingly every political discussion. It makes the clans look like terrorists, which almost of all of them are not. It gave them an excuse to do what you are trying to do- police the clans. But that is not the topic of this discussion. The clans cannot police the Dust Brigade because the DB is an enemy to most clans as well as OmniTek and the neutrals.

In any case, there is nothing (that is valid or legal) that says OmniTek has any right or authority to police the clans, so no, OmniTek is not the people to do it, even if the clans are having a hard policing themselves. The only ones who have a right are the Clans and if the Clans agree, the ICC.

And about the clans assaulting 2ho, you have got to be kidding, right? OmniTek assaults clans bases all the time and the clans assault OmniTek bases all the time. You have noticed the notum mines that have gone up and the battles over them haven't you? Attacking 2ho should not even be brought up.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

The Dust Brigade started as an militant guild.

As for the fighting now, its no longer important because the amnesty was broken, and another amnesty is not in question untill we can bring order to our societies... no way would I want to negotiate an peace without knowing that the clans will actually live up to their promises and can be trusted in managing themselfs.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Omni is scarecly better at it.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

1. Yes the Dust Brigade started as a militant guild. Your point?
    2. If the fighting over 2ho and mines is not important, why did you bring it up?

You know...we VERY badly need a common set of laws under which to live in peace. Than anyone can deny that the rule of law makes for a peaceful and productive society is an abberation of logic.

I could care less if a common set of laws are built from scratch or if OT laws are used as a basis. It really should NOT be that difficult for an advanced civilization, as we are supposed to be, to craft a set of laws that benefit the residents of this planet appropriately.

Notice though that I said "the residents of this planet". Currently OT laws predominately benefit those OT executives that reside off-planet to a much greater extent than those of us here.

When it is all said and done they enact laws for us that line their pockets by the fruits of our labor and the blood that we endlessly spill fighting our neighbors.

When it is all said and done and one day when OT pulls back from control of Rubika all of those that count themselves as loyal employees today...and your decendents...will be left here in a state no different that those that call ourselves Clans and Neutrals. OT will not find you comparable lives elsewhere in the galaxy...some of you can not even leave this planet and survive...you'll simply find termination of employment documents one morning reporting to work. Whose laws will you fall under then?

I am 100% for the Rule of Law...laws though that treat all with equal dignity, the right to Freedom and Prosperity.

Show me that your law will work for me Centurion. Guide me through the process of filing a legal action against those Omni Organizations that, without provocation, destroyed (twice) bases that were placed under ICC deregulation on empty land. Twice destroyed without ANY legal hearing, nor claims of wrongdoing on our part. Bases, I might add, that produced notum that was sold directly to OT as per ICC deregulation. Notum, I might add, that we have yet to be paid for with anything but bullets, energy bolts, and the sharp edge of your swords. Is THIS what your laws uphold? Show me the value in your laws Centurion...return our land.

Originally posted by Centurion3

Not when clans are assaulting our base (2ho) and blow up our apartment buildings. Obviously the clans have no authority to uphold laws themselfs so Omni-Pol has to be the force that does.
    Last edited by Nelida; Dec 19th, 2002 at 21:55:13.

Very well put Nelida. What do you have to say for OmniTek laws now Centurion?

I might add...

Centurian,

I find you to be a noble man and one of conviction. I honestly believe that you do what you believe is right. If the laws that you have sworn to uphold brought comfort and peace to my life I would stand by your side and fight for them.

Unfortunately today the peace-loving Clans and Neutrals are disenfranchized by your laws.

Modify them to extend their umbrella of protection to us and you will find we both are on the same side...the side that upholds the Rule of Law and fights those that would tear down our joint civilization.

I'm not even going to partake in this debate anymore, No need to reason with Rebel Filth, See you on the battle field.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Jeesh Marlamin...what brought that outburst of hatred on?

I don't frequent battlefields so I'm not likely to see you there.

However we are having a Christmas bash on Saturday...see Cyani's post in this forum for info. Love to see you there! *smiles warmly*

Originally posted by Marlamin
    I'm not even going to partake in this debate anymore, No need to reason with Rebel Filth, See you on the battle field.

My thoughts

I have to chime in on this, as this has been one of the hottest topics, in my opinion. Can peace truly be acheived on Rubi-Ka? I think it can.

I agree with Nelida that some sort of "common law" needs to be decided on, but like has been said in previous comments, even though we are labeled "clan" or "OT" or just "neuts", the factions run much deeper than that. All of us know that, in truth, there is no higher leadership beyond the various clans and guilds I've met, no one central body where disputes can be settled. Sure, you could try turning to the ICC for this, but a lot of help they have been in the past, and I doubt to see anything good come from them in the future either.

What needs to be laid down is some form of leadership that spans the various guilds. I think that this would best be acheived by a "round table" of some sorts, with every clan and guild sending their leaders to these meetings and things being dealt with as responcibly and respectfully as possible. I'm not saying to take power away from any of the guilds, but there needs to be a unified voice for everyone. Everyday when I read the news reports, and I see different points of view but no way of bringing these to any fruitation.

Now, there has been talk before of Mining Co-ops, and of treaties, and alliances, and even though these have been small steps in the direction of peace, I believe them to be to small for this great a situation. To me, this further divides the factions into even smaller groups, making the goal of peace harder to reach and further to grasp. It is much easier to reach peace with one group than with hundreds.

I personally think this should be where we should head. I think that all the things that we want can come to fruit from this, as long as the people are willing to back up what they say in the council, and are willing to act in a timely manner.

Feel free to speak out, but don't tell me what's wrong with my idea. This just leads to name-calling and gets us no where. I know this idea will sound vaguely like the CoT or the CoA, neither of which have acheived the goal of a unified front. Therefore, tell us what you would do differently, what you think would work to make the idea of peace work out. No more negative here. Let's be constructive here. We all want the same thing. We want the war over with. We want a peaceful Rubi-Ka. Let's work for that goal, but we have to work together. We've got to stop thinking as Clansmen, or Omni-Tek personnel, or even neutral "fence-sitters." We must begin to think of ourselves as citizens of Rubi-Ka first.

((BTW, what the heck would you call us? Rubikans? Sounds good to me. ))

Originally posted by Nelida
    Show me the value in your laws Centurion...return our land.
    Your land? Excuse me, OT Terraformed this planet, with us this planet wouldnt be anything but an ball of dust out in nowhere. Well anyway, there was an time when you had your land up north, with the accords that was signed with the council of truth.

Since the council of truth has now fallen the accords has made invalid and the clans are run by the hated Sentinels, whom by the way I hold as one of the factors that the amnesty fell.

You want your land back? Set up an real gouverment, one that is not runned by dictators who shoot everyone at sigh (even neutrals). When that time comes and you show that you can controll the clans for peace then I'll be the first in line to sign an new amnesty.

I agree that Omni-Tek law enforcement is not as effective as it should be, but at least we have one and I'd like to belive they do alot more then they show the public.

Truthfully I consider the militant clans to be arrogant and ignorant of everything that Omni-Tek has done. We made this planet hospitable, we made sure life is eternal (more or less), and we even gave that technology to the people who tried to kill us, we gave this world the technology to travel from one end to another, as well as countless wildlife and even new human breeds.

As for extending our umbrella of protection... gladly, if I had my way we'd get reinforcements from Omni-1 to position over the entire planet.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Hmm..I don't remeber the Sentinals ever issuing an order to me or my Clan. How can you say the Sent's run the Clans? Speaking of dictators...did you vote for Boss Ross? Oh wait...who is actually the person who manages ALL of OT? Do you even know? What is his/her name? Did you vote for that person?

Most Clan members recognize that yes...Omni-Tek corporation has done a lot for this planet. Yes, their technology made life here possible. But NO....that doesn't mean we should be a corporate slave to obey what ever command they issue.

Your land? Excuse me, OT Terraformed this planet, with us this planet wouldnt be anything but an ball of dust out in nowhere. Well anyway, there was an time when you had your land up north, with the accords that was signed with the council of truth.

Since the council of truth has now fallen the accords has made invalid and the clans are run by the hated Sentinels, whom by the way I hold as one of the factors that the amnesty fell.

You want your land back? Set up an real gouverment, one that is not runned by dictators who shoot everyone at sigh (even neutrals). When that time comes and you show that you can controll the clans for peace then I'll be the first in line to sign an new amnesty.

I agree that Omni-Tek law enforcement is not as effective as it should be, but at least we have one and I'd like to belive they do alot more then they show the public.

Truthfully I consider the militant clans to be arrogant and ignorant of everything that Omni-Tek has done. We made this planet hospitable, we made sure life is eternal (more or less), and we even gave that technology to the people who tried to kill us, we gave this world the technology to travel from one end to another, as well as countless wildlife and even new human breeds.

As for extending our umbrella of protection... gladly, if I had my way we'd get reinforcements from Omni-1 to position over the entire planet.
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Dec 20th, 2002 at 16:34:46.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Whoa. Stop the presses. An OmniTek employee is condemning Clan dictators? The world has gone bonkers! Upside down! Inside out! You have really got to be kidding. OmniTek is, I am sorry to say, the embodiement of dictatorship. You really couldn't run a corporation any other way. However, OmniTek is more than a corporation, it is also a nation. So one of two things could happen on that point. It could stop being a nation a just mine and make profits, or it could change to a democracy, which, while the best form of government, is not the best way to run a corporation. Until then, we can't talk about clan dictators. I'm sorry, but the hyposcrisy is, to quote Tombstone, "more than I could bear".

Philip Ross. (Edit, sorry, I misread your post, thought you asked for Mr. Ross' first name. As for the leader of all of Omni-Tek I dont actually know who the CEO in Omni-1 is.)

And I belive the Sentinels leader is the guy in the middle of Tir that is holding controll of the city? I forget his name though. We tried to kill him for his crimes against humanity but unfortunatly he was to heavily guarded, I do hear that the neutrals managed to later though.

Omni-Tek is an corperation and an nation of sorts I agree, and any corperation should strive to make an profit so as to provide the best for its employees as possible and I think Omni-Tek has been doing an fantastic job so far.

But im sorry to say that I have little respect for the sentinels leader who took controll of an city by force then targets neutrals. I'd rather see ICC keeping controll over the clans till they are able to create their own gouverment rather then how it is now.

How does Simion Silverstone declaring martial law for his band of thugs in Tir = Simon Silverstone as the legitimate government/leader for all the Clans?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Common ground! I openly hate Silverstone and his Sentinels!

And lately, I will also agree, OmniTek has been doing far better concerning the safety and well-being of its employees.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    How does Simion Silverstone declaring martial law for his band of thugs in Tir = Simon Silverstone as the legitimate government/leader for all the Clans?
    How are we supposed to respect an common clan goverment that doesnt controll its own cities? If you dont hold Simon Silverstone as leader of the clans then I suggest you actually do something to institute an true hierachy. After you people do that, we can have this conversation again.

Thumbs down

Bah... this is disgusting.

How can any *true* Clanner support this kind of talk?

Would we replace one merciless unfeeling beauracry driven by GREED, with another?

"One voice"!?!?!?

NO!

ALL VOICES.

I agree that our enemy is NOT the people of OT... it is the structure of corparate greed that bleeds our planet dry and shackles us with rediculous restrictions to our inherent freedoms.

I will fight this entity until my perma-death. But be warned, I will fight any Clanner who seeks to rise up from it's ashes as my "leader".

ALL VOICES, TRUE FREEDOM.

-jynke

Centurion, you fail to see our common concerns and focus on our differences...that is so not productive!

I was one of the first to call for Clans to rally to free Tir of the tyranny of the Sentinels.

THE SENTINELS ARE NOT THE LEADER OF THE CLANS!

Why is that not so easy to see? They are rogue band of thugs that, in my opinion, should be hunted down and destroyed...no different than the Dust Brigade...terrorists and thugs.

We have SO much in common for our desire for peace and properity that I would think it would be a natural common point for which to forge a united front against those external forces that would prefer we fight and weaken ourselves.

You wish the ICC to "keep control over the Clans"? Very well...the ICC gave the Clans permission to set up mining operations across Rubika and Whisper's Edge along with others did so with their approval...and under their "control".

So, yes, "our land"...as per ICC deregulation. And of course we realize what OT has done for us on this planet. And we comply with the ICC regulations of selling the notum we mined only to OT.

I'd like to work with you Centurion...not against you. I don't quite understand why you wish to maitain an adversarial relationship with so many Clans that are tired of this ongoing fued.

Philip Ross. (Edit, sorry, I misread your post, thought you asked for Mr. Ross' first name. As for the leader of all of Omni-Tek I dont actually know who the CEO in Omni-1 is.)

And I belive the Sentinels leader is the guy in the middle of Tir that is holding controll of the city? I forget his name though. We tried to kill him for his crimes against humanity but unfortunatly he was to heavily guarded, I do hear that the neutrals managed to later though.

Omni-Tek is an corperation and an nation of sorts I agree, and any corperation should strive to make an profit so as to provide the best for its employees as possible and I think Omni-Tek has been doing an fantastic job so far.

But im sorry to say that I have little respect for the sentinels leader who took controll of an city by force then targets neutrals. I'd rather see ICC keeping controll over the clans till they are able to create their own gouverment rather then how it is now.

NO Peace because we are human.

Hello all,
    I have decided to speak for a second on this issue at hand. There can be no peace in the universe if the conflict is not here. Where will it be. Earth our mother has rejected us that is why we moved out to the stars. We are a warlike animal. We have evolved but we are still an animal.

Until man has evolved where we do not need these husks we call a body. We will need conflict to feel fullfilled. That is why we fight that is why we live.
    Gantilious
    Commander
    1st (Fury) Regiment
    Draco Legionis
    http://www.ao-fury.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast