Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Omni VS. Clans- Is Peace a Reality?

Some wise words Uwen. Unfortunatly the corporation will never give up it's dictatorship.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Some wise words Uwen. Unfortunatly the corporation will never give up it's dictatorship.
    The clans had their own gouverment, but they couldnt control their people so why are we to suffer for it? Get an real gouverment and you can have your own land for all I care.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Gestava do you have one brain cell that thinks on its own?

Your blind hatred can not possibly be something that arose rationally of its own accord within any mind...however rigid.

I'm convinced that, on all sides, some gene for anger has been bred to monstrous proportions over the milennea here on Rubika.

You ALL have serioius anger management problems...with apparently on psycoanalytical services available to help you.

I'm happy to offer my services, unqualified as they are, to listen to your rage, calm you unwarrented anger and perchance redirect it toward more productive goal.

Originally posted by Gestava
    your thinly veiled accusations do nothing to raise your credibility...

Omni-pol does enforce Omni-tek law.
    I can tell you of at least two accounts of Omni-tek employees being arrested for rouge and insurgent activities.
    One being when a member of The Dark Carnival was put on trial for assassinating the Radiman clone and the other being the destruction of the insurgence led by Methlon.

Omni-tek is a united front.
    True we are not drones. Not will-less slaves...We are not what we are so often portrayed as by the clanners..Thank you for helping me deflate that myth.

Omni-tek encourages initiative and applaud the strong who rise up and lead their fellow employees to greater glory for the company.

Should you also take responsibility for their crimes Centurion?

I would hope so, yet I rather doubt it.

I came to have respect for you personally some time in the past. I wonder how you feel about the actions of some Omni orgs when they attack and destroy LEGALLY placed mining operations as per the deregulation layed out by ICC.

Whisper's Edge (amoung many other Clans) had legally, per ICC, claimed land for mining operations. Whisper's Edge did so without lifting a weapon in aggression towards ANY other entity. Yet the other day a consortium of YOUR departments waltzed in and destroyed that operation...without provocaton of ANY kind.

Did they take retribution against specific orgs that wronged them? No!

Did they file a grievance of any kind against us so as to legally lay claim to that land? No!

Did they take the law into their OWN hands? Yes!

Oh yes, I can see how Omni orgs are so law-abiding...not.

*sighs*

I'm sure you have some self-serving 'justification' for that?

Originally posted by Centurion3

Rubbish, if you fight for an organisation you should stand for their belifes and take responsibility for them.

I have been called many things...but I do think this is the first time I have ever been accused of being dumb...

your contribution is a slander, accusing everyone of blind hatred and being inflexible...What a most constructive and helpful addition to the debate.

Feel free to ask Abrii or Ailish about my "hatred" of clanners. I know full well that there are reasonable people amongst the Clans. That's not the point.

Regarding the ICC...sadly it has become painfully clear to all...except those who refuse to see it...that the ICC is no longer an objective council, but instead the extended hand of a jealous coalition of competing hyper corporations lead by Sol BC.

The mandate on which the ICC revoked Omni-tek's mining rights is at best questionable and Omni-tek has already announced it is going to appeal the decision.

Nope, there are criminals in Omni Tek and our law enforcing system is far from perfect, but we have one at least, and I'd like to think they are actually trying to uphold the laws.

There are differences in Omni-Tek, and your opinion and ethics are shown through the detatchment or clan your part of, and the actions of it.

As for the clans, after the fall of the Council of Truth they have actually broken all the accords that exists and Omni-Tek is no longer obligated to do anything for you anymore.

With the fall of all the accords, all the clans are now outlaws. I dont agree with is but thats the way it is now. As long as the clans cant stand united for one ruling gouverment with its law enforcing system the clans should not and will not be allowed to rule itself. Omni Tek cant afford to have terrorists to be untouchable by the most basic laws of humanity...

Granted that the Omni-Tek law enforcing system is to loose, to forgiving, but at least we have one.

Like I mentioned about clans and detatchments.... if I see an member of, say, Storm, I will take for granted that this person stands for that which Storm stands for. Which incidently is an extreme hate towards all that bares Omni-Tek's logo.

If not why would you support their actions? If there is something that I de****e its the: 'Goals will justify the actions'. If the clans want to live their own lifes and have their own goverment, then the smartest thing for them to do would be to COOPERATE.

Omni-Tek has allowed the clans to live in peace for an long time, Omni-Tek worked hard on the amnesty. I for one want to see an new amnesty, but we cant afford another bombed apartment building, next time we need to have superior strength to prevent more crimes against humanity.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Another bombed apartment building...which could have been a set-up. Nothing was proven. Anyone can make a "Dust to Dust" recording. Even if it was the Dust Brigrade, don't forget they attacked Clan leaders as well. Clan have as much cause to hate them as Omni Tek.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Sure... so? It just comes to show that Omni security forces need to have an eye on all sides

Inculding internally.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Well, this debate has taken a striking turn for the worse. This is my last post in this thread.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Actually if you would carefully reread my post you'd find I did NOT accuse you of being stupid...I accused you of not thinking for yourself. Actually your opinions are quite intelligently stated...I just happen to believe you didn't arrive at them from your own critical analysis of the world in which we live. I believe they were drilled into your head by those that raised you and those you work for.

What I have seen here is exactly blind hatred. It is not slander...it is an observation from someone that is sick and tired of the endless fighting...unproductive fighting that only serves to feed what are likely to be our common enemies.

One one point we can agree...the ICC likely has caused this current conflict due to the influence of SBC and others as you stated.

So far though all I've seen out of Omni and Clan and Neutrals alike is a willingness to be yanked about by the puppet strings of a far greater enemy than we are to each other.

What I am calling for is for those amoung the Clans, Omni and Neutrals to put aside their faction differences and band together in the name of civilization and the rule of law.

Unfortunately for so many Omni that means all Clanners and Neutrals should become Omni.

Unfortunately for so many Clan that means driving all Omni off of Rubika.

Unfortunately for so many Neutrals..well I rarely can figure out what so many Neutrals really want.

But, I hope my point is clear: As long as we all think in terms of 'faction' we are doomed to be the puppets of external conrolling entities.

Thus Freedom escapes us all.

Originally posted by Gestava
    I have been called many things...but I do think this is the first time I have ever been accused of being dumb...

your contribution is a slander, accusing everyone of blind hatred and being inflexible...What a most constructive and helpful addition to the debate.

Feel free to ask Abrii or Ailish about my "hatred" of clanners. I know full well that there are reasonable people amongst the Clans. That's not the point.

Regarding the ICC...sadly it has become painfully clear to all...except those who refuse to see it...that the ICC is no longer an objective council, but instead the extended hand of a jealous coalition of competing hyper corporations lead by Sol BC.

The mandate on which the ICC revoked Omni-tek's mining rights is at best questionable and Omni-tek has already announced it is going to appeal the decision.

Your logic defeats itself Centurion.

You say that if all Clans can't stand united as one then all Clans are criminals.

Yet you do not apply the same rule to yourselves. You say that there are criminals within OT and you can't perfectly police them yet it is ok that OT orgs are fractured and follow no common law.

This does not make all OT criminals in the same way it does make all Clans criminals.

I submit that your logic is flawed Centurion.

Either all OT are to be considered criminals in the same way as all Clans...or not all Clans are criminals in the same way that not all OT orgs are criminals.

Aside from that... I would be willing to put the destruction of the Whisper's Edge CAV mining operation to the test of OT 'law'.

A few days ago our CAV mining operation was destroyed without provocaton nor rule of law by a consortium of OT organizations. Whisper's Edge placed this facility is a designated EMPTY spot as per ICC mining deregulation.

Please let me know how I file a formal grievance and what the procedures are for exacting retribution and reclamation of our legally obtained property.

Nope, there are criminals in Omni Tek and our law enforcing system is far from perfect, but we have one at least, and I'd like to think they are actually trying to uphold the laws.

There are differences in Omni-Tek, and your opinion and ethics are shown through the detatchment or clan your part of, and the actions of it.

As for the clans, after the fall of the Council of Truth they have actually broken all the accords that exists and Omni-Tek is no longer obligated to do anything for you anymore.

With the fall of all the accords, all the clans are now outlaws. I dont agree with is but thats the way it is now. As long as the clans cant stand united for one ruling gouverment with its law enforcing system the clans should not and will not be allowed to rule itself. Omni Tek cant afford to have terrorists to be untouchable by the most basic laws of humanity...

Granted that the Omni-Tek law enforcing system is to loose, to forgiving, but at least we have one.

Like I mentioned about clans and detatchments.... if I see an member of, say, Storm, I will take for granted that this person stands for that which Storm stands for. Which incidently is an extreme hate towards all that bares Omni-Tek's logo.

If not why would you support their actions? If there is something that I de****e its the: 'Goals will justify the actions'. If the clans want to live their own lifes and have their own goverment, then the smartest thing for them to do would be to COOPERATE.

Omni-Tek has allowed the clans to live in peace for an long time, Omni-Tek worked hard on the amnesty. I for one want to see an new amnesty, but we cant afford another bombed apartment building, next time we need to have superior strength to prevent more crimes against humanity.

Sure... so? It just comes to show that Omni security forces need to have an eye on all sides
    This is absurd. You want to police the clans with OmniTek forces? Even if the intention is good, you know as well as I that it will turn into something far worse. Instead of helping the clans keep terrorists under watch, they will start policing normal clans and eventually turn into an occupying force. No, OmniTek Security forces need to ensure OmniTek security on OmniTek land.

Also, the clans are not going to become united overnight. They are very different from OmniTek. We at OmniTek all follow the same rulebook (most of the time). The clans have agendas and objectives as numerous and varied as the snowflakes in a blizzard. Some want democracy, some want anarchy, some want to stop the monopoly OmniTek has, et cetera. Many different clans agendas contradict other clans agendas, so unity will not happen immediately. A while back there was a meeting place for clans similar to the Council of Truth but it involved many more clans. I can't remember the name, but I do remember Unitisi telling me about it.

OmniTek security forces do need to protect OmniTek employees, thats what they are there for, but they are not there to force their will upon clanners.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Uwen, you sound like a reasonable and peaceful person.

I welcome your org to participate in our expanded non-agression pact. The details of it are at our gridsite www.whispers-edge.com under the public forum "Rubika Mining Cooperative". WE welcom all participants and all comments. We strive for a new peaceful and civilized Rubika living under a common rule of law. This is but the start...[

QUOTE]Originally posted by Uwen

This is absurd. You want to police the clans with OmniTek forces? Even if the intention is good, you know as well as I that it will turn into something far worse. Instead of helping the clans keep terrorists under watch, they will start policing normal clans and eventually turn into an occupying force. No, OmniTek Security forces need to ensure OmniTek security on OmniTek land.

Also, the clans are not going to become united overnight. They are very different from OmniTek. We at OmniTek all follow the same rulebook (most of the time). The clans have agendas and objectives as numerous and varied as the snowflakes in a blizzard. Some want democracy, some want anarchy, some want to stop the monopoly OmniTek has, et cetera. Many different clans agendas contradict other clans agendas, so unity will not happen immediately. A while back there was a meeting place for clans similar to the Council of Truth but it involved many more clans. I can't remember the name, but I do remember Unitisi telling me about it.

OmniTek security forces do need to protect OmniTek employees, thats what they are there for, but they are not there to force their will upon clanners.
    [/QUOTE]

The organization you are referring to was the Council of Clan Leaders. Unitsi was a major motivator in getting the clans together to talk and set policy amongst ourselevs and I for one miss her presence.

Originally posted by Uwen

-Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

I also miss Unitsi, but I can't say that I felt the CCL was very productive, or even that the agendas being pushed in it and by it were positive, let alone practical.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

This is absurd. You want to police the clans with OmniTek forces?
    Thats right. We need to uphold the laws.

As in reply to you Nelida, I agree that our law enforcement is not perfect, but at least we have laws and police. If I knew the clans could say the same, that the clans could peacefully form an goverment then I dont care at all, but as long as the crimes of terrorists such as the Sentinels and Dust Brigade are allowed to continue the only ones who can deal with them is Omni-Pol.

Originally posted by Nelida
    Uwen, you sound like a reasonable and peaceful person.

I welcome your org to participate in our expanded non-agression pact. The details of it are at our gridsite www.whispers-edge.com under the public forum "Rubika Mining Cooperative". WE welcom all participants and all comments. We strive for a new peaceful and civilized Rubika living under a common rule of law. This is but the start...[

First, I thank you for seeing me as a reasonable and peaceful person. That is the way I try to be. Second, I thank you for inviting me org to join your non-aggression pact. However, since my return from off-planet, my clan has disbanded itself and been absorbed by other clans, so I have no clan to speak of now. When I am able to create a new clan, I will have it participate in this pact

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    The organization you are referring to was the Council of Clan Leaders. Unitsi was a major motivator in getting the clans together to talk and set policy amongst ourselevs and I for one miss her presence.
    Yes, that was it. Thanks!

Originally post by Jynne
    I also miss Unitsi, but I can't say that I felt the CCL was very productive, or even that the agendas being pushed in it and by it were positive, let alone practical.
    Perhaps, but at least it was an attempt at having a unified Clan Government.

Thats right. We need to uphold the laws.
    OmniPol needs to uphold OmniTek laws where they apply- OmniTek. The clans are not under OmniTek law.
    Last edited by Uwen; Dec 19th, 2002 at 21:07:06.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

OmniPol needs to uphold OmniTek laws where they apply- OmniTek. The clans are not under OmniTek law.
    Not when clans are assaulting our base (2ho) and blow up our apartment buildings. Obviously the clans have no authority to uphold laws themselfs so Omni-Pol has to be the force that does.

Why do you insist than the "Clans" blew up an apartment building? Nothing was proven and even if it WAS Dust Brigrade...Dust Brigade is not the same as all Clans. Most clans certianly don't consider DB as one of their own.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast