Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Omni VS. Clans- Is Peace a Reality?

your thinly veiled accusations do nothing to raise your credibility...

Omni-pol does enforce Omni-tek law.
    I can tell you of at least two accounts of Omni-tek employees being arrested for rouge and insurgent activities.
    One being when a member of The Dark Carnival was put on trial for assassinating the Radiman clone and the other being the destruction of the insurgence led by Methlon.

Omni-tek is a united front.
    True we are not drones. Not will-less slaves...We are not what we are so often portrayed as by the clanners..Thank you for helping me deflate that myth.

Omni-tek encourages initiative and applaud the strong who rise up and lead their fellow employees to greater glory for the company.

Umm..yeah....one or two criminals punished out of thousands. Uh hu.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I never called you Drones, nor would I make such a blanket statement about Omni employees. I know some very nice Omnis. As well as I know horribly spiteful Omnis. My point is, I dont judge people based on their Alignment. I get to know them, and judge them by their personal values.

The largest blanket statement I would make would be about a guild. And I rarely make even those...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

As to Omni unity...a quote from Xeroscope, leader of Kaviera Family Mafia [KFM] :

If you strongy support Omni, this guild is not for you. We are against the corrupt partys in the omni-tek government such as Omni-Pol, Omni-AF, Omni-Admin, etc. Striving to set up successfull notum ops across the planet, and many more things to come.

and this excerpt for membership:

If you are intrested the requirements for joining are:
    -Willing to break the laws of Omni-Tek.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Xeroscope and KFM are traitors of Omni-Tek, They will be delt with whenever Omni-Tek wishes to do so.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Aren't 90% of KFM members between the lvl's of 1 and 25?

When you wish to?

You will deal with KFM when you wish to? Sounds like the same position you took on the Notum mining equipment 200 years ago. And now look where it has landed you. Maybe its time Omni-Tek did something about their internal corruption...

Justice?

Originally posted by Gestava

One being when a member of The Dark Carnival was put on trial for assassinating the Radiman clone and the other being the destruction of the insurgence led by Methlon.
    I'm sorry, but the Dark Carnival trial was laughable. I remember it. The would-be Radiman assassin was, what, fined was it? Fined for attempting to murder Radiman? That's justice? I seem to be unable to access the news archive so I am not able to substantiate these claims at the moment.

I went off planet to a backwards planet perpetually stuck in a technological state equivalent to that of Medieval Earth and extrememly resistant when presented with superior technology called "Hibernia" at the beginning of the Methlon insurgency, so I do not know how that came out, but I do know that the punishment doled out by OmniTek to the Dark Carnival was a show and a bloody shambles. They did it in a botched attempt to satisfy the clans.

Now you are right when you say that The Clans is not an entity. That is the definition of the clans, among other things. You say that making peace with all of them would be impossible. Well, that is true to some extent. Some are too extreme and militant. But as long as OT and make peace with a majority of the Clans, especially those that represent a common knowledge of the need for a united, democratic government in the north, than the rest will either be too weak to worry about, or OT could have the possibility of a United Clan Entity in the north to help root out the extremists and militants. Of course, they would not be punished for their alignment, only for deeds they can be proven to have committed.

Marlamin- You are akin to a Nazi of old world Germany. You listen to no argument or reason. Your statements are nothing but regurgitated OmniTek propaganda. I was in Rompa's the other day and a clanner was enjoying himself with a couple OmniTek workers and you walked up to him and started screaming at him and challenging him to a fight and laughing and calling him names because he would not fight you because a) he was trying to enjoy himself and b) you were much more powerful and experienced than he. He did nothing to you. You follow OmniTek blindly and have rewritten history in your head. You say the war started because clanners killed women and children and then Ben shows you the facts- that OmniTek workers were killed by OmniTek who decided money was more important than life, and all you say is you care nothing for clanners? Well, not only is that a poor argument, the sufferers were NOT clanners in the beginning. They were OmniTek miners that were effectively killed by OmniTek. Not rebels fighting OmniTek, unarmed OMNITEK civilians. You say OmniTek protects? Protects what pray tell? Protects profits? Yes. Protects life? Not if it is not profitable to do so. Yes, OmniTek has changed somewhat from the monster it used to be, and yes, this is history, centuries old history, but you brought it up, unless you have rewritten that part of history as well.

Re: When you wish to?

Originally posted by Benjacrat
    You will deal with KFM when you wish to? Sounds like the same position you took on the Notum mining equipment 200 years ago. And now look where it has landed you. Maybe its time Omni-Tek did something about their internal corruption...
    Actually the biggest Internal Threats Omni has had lately would be TBA wich are now all Loyal and hardworking Employees of Omni-Tek.

And The Sinister Anarchists wich the leaders of was brought to justice and executed. Omni can deal with theese threats rather efficently.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

It was Omni-Tek who brought people to Rubi-ka. Everyone who originally came here did so under an Omni-Tek contract. The social situation among their employees was Omni-Tek's responsibility. Consequently, the ensuing administrative cluster-fudge that was the war, is all Omni-Tek's responsibility. They couldn't manage the planet, it's that simple.

I was born on Rubi-Ka and had no say in that, and I don't have the means to leave. But I'll be damned if I'll let the people who caused the current mayhem through their utter incompetence tell me what to do or how to live my life. No thanks.
    Tenfour, Scienceleet, Abhaya, all on Atlantean
    AO Stuff

My brothers and sisters of Omni-Tek, our attempts to work with the clans in the past has ended with nothing but scorn and treachery. There was an time where diplomacy failed and we'd do well not to do that same mistake again. Only once the criminals of the land has been brought to justice can we establish an order again.

The Dustbrigade who targets civilians and the Sentinels who targets neutrals must be dealt with quickly and permanently.

Those who know me, and know me well, know that I have been working for an everlasting peace on Rubi-Ka since the day I was brought here. And the truth is I still do, but there can be no peace while villans are allowed to make any crimes without fear of retribution from the law. Omni-Tek and Omni-Pol must be the dominant force on this planet lest we'll be ruled by chaos and anarchy.

The clans would do well to realise this and cooperate with Omni-Pol to sort out the criminals that walk the streets. Once the immediate threat has been dealt with, im sure that Omni-Tek will reward those who choose to cooperate with us.

Lets not forget that the clans where given the right to live on their land, but where they sated? No, they wanted our lands as well, our homes and our lifes.

Rise up brothers, but know who your enemy is, not all clans are mindless criminals. But those who are must be brought to justice, and the only way we can do this is to stand united.

Lets not forget that Omni-Tek made this planet liveable. Do not let the clans destroy it in their anarchy.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

I would not favor war despite what most people would say about it having started already. For me, until the day Phillip Ross announces that as fact, there is no war, only extended skirmishes. Peace must be maintained at all costs. During war, it will be all too easy for Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka to reverse many of the social improvements it has made to make our society a better place to be.

Currently its employees enjoy a wide array of unprecedented freedom to work, travel, purchase whatever merchandise they wish.

If the clans seek war, it will only give the hardliners within the company an excuse to retract many of the things we are enjoying currently and giving the clans even more excuses to kill us for "freedom." Pray tell, how killing me while going to work will further someone's cause for democracy. Valuable Omni-Tek troops and property will be wasted to maintain security.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Once I agreed with you, untill I saw what the price 'at any cost' really meant. When we offer peace and get an blown up apartment building and constant attacks against OT Personel and Territory, I think they had their chance.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Once I agreed with you, untill I saw what the price 'at any cost' really meant. When we offer peace and get an blown up apartment building and constant attacks against OT Personel and Territory, I think they had their chance.
    Agreed, Myself I wont rest until every Clanner and Traitor has been wiped of the surface of Rubi-Ka, For Good.

An Article with a different slant than what Omni presented.

Red Freedom News
    (True News For Interesting Times)

Explosion in Omni-1

By Shawnta Clancy

Explosion rocks Omni-1, kills 158.

Dear Friends,

On December 19 a large explosion rocked Omni-1’s Entertainment District. Reports are still sketchy as to the details. Omni papers have reported the deaths of 158 people. Several were permanent deaths because they individuals insurance expired. It is a tragedy that so many young children and elderly were among those that didn’t have insurance. I guess the loving and caring Omni-tek Corporation only worries about those who can increase their profit margin.

It’s obvious that the dissatisfaction of Omni rule doesn’t start or end with Red Freedom. Red Freedom doesn’t agree with the target for this explosion but perhaps this was an internal job. It wouldn’t be the first time an ambitious Omni official staged some event in order to win a promotion. One must ask, who could profit from this wanton destruction? A few people come to mind. Perhaps the second in command of the counter-terrorism unit? If his boss were embarrassed and discredited enough, he would be next in line for promotion. Maybe it was some chief of a construction division? Clearing the rubble and rebuilding the area could make a good name for such an individual. The list could go on and on. Of course, it could be someone who is disgruntled by the injustice of Omni-tek rule.

Anyway, Red Freedom gives it’s condolences to those lost. Red Freedom wants to leave you with these final thoughts: Omni-tek can’t protect you. They have all these rules & regulations to try to protect you but all that happens is the erosion of your rights and freedoms. Enjoy the liberty that the Clans provide. A storm is brewing and it will engulf Rubi-ka.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

The words of Centurion3 rings true.

Peacetalks would be a mockery and an insult to all Omni-tek citizens as long as we are living under the threat of further terrorist actions from a rule in Tir, which quite openly states it as it's finest goal to destroy Omni-tek's presense on Rubi-ka.

Benjacrat, you ask me to me to look at people as individuals rather than as people from a certain side or of a particular alignment. I will agree with you..but only to some extent.

While every person is obviously different from every other, and their differences should be taken into acount, the side and organisation they belong to are also a statement of their beliefs and values.
    Therefore a person should be viewed as an individual, but also as an individual who has chosen to belong to certain groups which represent certain viewpoints.

Re: Re: When you wish to?

Originally posted by Marlamin

Actually the biggest Internal Threats Omni has had lately would be TBA wich are now all Loyal and hardworking Employees of Omni-Tek.

And The Sinister Anarchists wich the leaders of was brought to justice and executed. Omni can deal with theese threats rather efficently.
    You missed my point. The point was that the whole reason you have the conflict you have today is because OT was slow to react in the interest of profit. And it turned out costing them more in the end...

Originally posted by Charles
    If the clans seek war, it will only give the hardliners within the company an excuse to retract many of the things we are enjoying currently and giving the clans even more excuses to kill us for "freedom." Pray tell, how killing me while going to work will further someone's cause for democracy. Valuable Omni-Tek troops and property will be wasted to maintain security.
    Charles, I have never lifted a weapon in the name of peace. It has not come to that, though it is possible that it may. I do not look forward to that day for that is the day you and I will become obsolete.

While every person is obviously different from every other, and their differences should be taken into acount, the side and organisation they belong to are also a statement of their beliefs and values.
    Therefore a person should be viewed as an individual, but also as an individual who has chosen to belong to certain groups which represent certain viewpoints.

This is only partially true. A person is born into a faction. If you consider that someone has his or her whole family and social network in that faction when they are old enough to make a decision, it's easy to see that personal choice can be outweighed by peer pressure. You may not even have the objective information necessary to make an informed choice.

I'm with Benjacrat on this.
    Last edited by Kronocide; Dec 17th, 2002 at 15:59:10.
    Tenfour, Scienceleet, Abhaya, all on Atlantean
    AO Stuff

Originally posted by Vixentrox

On December 19 a large explosion rocked Omni-1’s Entertainment District. Reports are still sketchy as to the details. Omni papers have reported the deaths of 158 people. Several were permanent deaths because they individuals insurance expired. It is a tragedy that so many young children and elderly were among those that didn’t have insurance. I guess the loving and caring Omni-tek Corporation only worries about those who can increase their profit margin.
    You're right...this is indeed a different slant...as in, it's a lie.
    The reason the children and eldery were not insured was not, as claimed, because they are not able to "increase Omni-tek's profit margin". The reason is that the resurrection process...as I can tell you from first hand experience...is a very exhausting and draining process. Trying to resurrect a child or a very old individual will only result in the subjects painful and slow death as the body futively tries to cope with the huge amount of stress it is put under.

Originally posted by Gestava
    The words of Centurion3 rings true.

Peacetalks would be a mockery and an insult to all Omni-tek citizens as long as we are living under the threat of further terrorist actions from a rule in Tir, which quite openly states it as it's finest goal to destroy Omni-tek's presense on Rubi-ka.

Benjacrat, you ask me to me to look at people as individuals rather than as people from a certain side or of a particular alignment. I will agree with you..but only to some extent.

And the people of the Clans seem to have become very confused on their goal. Many beleive it is just to destroy Omni-Tek. But that is not the Clans original purpose. But I now fight for that original purpose. To bring a Democratic/Republican government to the planet of Rubi-Ka. A government for the people, by the people. This mission statement never said it had to be done through violent means. And I try to complete the old Clan goals in a diplomatic way.

I do not deny that some Clanners just want to kill things. Just as some Omni do. All I really would ask is that you admit to that as I have. MoK has made it clear to me they want nothing but to kill for profit. They have no desire for peace whatsoever. We both have Rogue factions. And the organization that we propose would help us to deal with those organizations. Eliminating criminals that would attack without provokation.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast