Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Social Items

New Social Items

Does anyone know where are the rest of the social items, like santa hat and coat and stuffs??
    So far all i see is one vendor in HOPE, who carries 3 ugly looking hats, 3 geeky looking shades and a tanning thingy.
    Any info would be greatly appreciate.
    Why do FC waste time on ugly and pretty much useless items?
    Some of you may not agree with me but i find those items are pretty much useless. A ql 20 ugly hat cost almost 1/5 mil. Any low level out there is going to be able to afford that? Sure, a low level from some one who has an alt that is high level.
    This is sad. Flame me spam me but i got to speak up cause this is stupid.

i agree with you mechgal.

If funcom decides to waste time on these new crap items instead of fixing other issues why not at least make thes items equip into a hud or utility slot ? I seen that guy in hope and before i could shop i had to go through a chat process with the guy maybe the items you get to buy from him depend on what you say?
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Phew, Thank you for not flaming me hehe. As you already knew, some people on here can be so nasty.

Svendor, i tried so many way but the conversation end any way and the items still end up the same... I personally think the chat thingy is just there to arnoying you if you don't know because i did many chat with him like i said. So i just click him and chat pen and then i click the basket icon to open shop window. Unless you got something that i haven't got . Can i have those as Christmas present? hehe jk.

I agree with you totally as well on what you said, "If funcom decides to waste time on these new crap items instead of fixing other issues why not at least make thes items equip into a hud or utility slot".

Honestly, i am full of disappointments . FC has stolen Christmas

get away from the friggin game for a bit and you can get your christmas back.

these things are novelties and have pretty decent armor in one category and +5 comp lit is rather useful when you are trying to squeeze into a new belt. they are also money sinks. there is too much cash out there and they want to drain a bit.

it would be nice if they made some cool toys that cost money and some look alikes for poor people. i'm sure there is a miiir out there who would be happy to supply cheap skates with gear. nobody would know the difference until they looked closely.

Thumbs down

See what i mean, Svendor?
    Come long a nasty bug.... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
    So i won't even waste my time talking to them but these few lines .
    How insensitive and inconsidered some people can be... /ignore

Smile My thoughts ...

At the risk of being called a troll or flamer, I'd like to say that I like the new social items. Its very refreshing to me that with all the recent emphasis on pvp that Funcom would grant our request for more headgear. Of course I would like to see more variety of hats and glasses then were offered. But its categorically unfair for you to blame these items for not being useful. They are 'social clothing'. Their purpose is to add style and flare, not stats. The fact that you get a point to a stat like psychic or intellegence is just a bonus.

In my opinion, the straw hat and the flat black hat are very stylish. The other hat looks positively dorky, but thats just my opinion. There are probably those who like it.

Thanks Funcom for offering us more social clothing!

Now where are my black thigh-high boots?

- Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Re: My thoughts ...

Originally posted by Szentasha
    At the risk of being called a troll or flamer
    Ouch careful, burny burny

Re: My thoughts ...

Originally posted by Szentasha
    In my opinion, the straw hat and the flat black hat are very stylish. The other hat looks positively dorky, but thats just my opinion. There are probably those who like it.
    I like it!!! It makes me look like the gimp I am.
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

Re: i agree with you mechgal.

Originally posted by svendor
    If funcom decides to waste time on these new crap items instead of fixing other issues why not at least make thes items equip into a hud or utility slot ? I seen that guy in hope and before i could shop i had to go through a chat process with the guy maybe the items you get to buy from him depend on what you say?
    Just click on the shopping cart icon, and you don't have to say a word/listen to anything
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Thumbs down

Szentasha,
    It's unfair for low levels. Cause the items clearly stated ql 20 and it costed way too much for any one at those level to wear it. So is this FC way of saying that only high level with alternates can use these items? Forget the lowbies?
    Some people even called me and my honest true is cheap skates this and cheap skates that. Well, call me as they wish but I am not thinking of myself because i have no problem purchasing those items but think about it. What would you think and say if you are the new players? Isn't that what the QLs for?
    I don't want to make this into an arguement. But if FC as thoughtful as i thought they would have made these things cheaper so low level players and new players can enjoy them as well.

Mechgal

PS.
    [quote]
    Original posted by Thyrra:
    it would be nice if they made some cool toys that cost money and some look alikes for poor people. i'm sure there is a miiir out there who would be happy to supply cheap skates with gear. nobody would know the difference until they looked closely.
    [quote]

Now, there is one considered person for you... NOT

Experienced Aviator Sunglasses is available in the tradersop. cost between 900K and 1M.
    None of my character has enough money to buy one, but if u pay first i can buy it for u. Did that before.
    RK1, tell McFerson, McKinlay, McNamara, or McFee (in that order

How about they make 20-30 new hats/glasses that has a "None over level 20" reqs and costed 100-500 credits?

Of course you wouldn't be able to wear it past level 20, but then, just don't take it off!

Originally posted by Nessuvio
    How about they make 20-30 new hats/glasses that has a "None over level 20" reqs and costed 100-500 credits?

Of course you wouldn't be able to wear it past level 20, but then, just don't take it off!
    Just go in one of the social clothes shops and look at the prices.
    those things at QL 1 cost more than QL 20 armors, and when you have trouble buying NanoRecharger and Treatment, you realy don't care about that stuff.

Low level only option to get social clothes is mission (that's this way my soldier look so cool, even if at is lvl 14 he still have less than 1k credit ).

Originally posted by Mechgal
    It's unfair for low levels. Cause the items clearly stated ql 20 and it costed way too much for any one at those level to wear it. So is this FC way of saying that only high level with alternates can use these items? Forget the lowbies?
    you say these things cost too much for anyone at that level in one sentence and in the following you admit that alts can likely afford them.

making money in AO is very easy. roll some missions for ql 10 concrete cushions and sell those. you quickly get money rolling in for very little effort and you feel like your are part of the economy.

would you have felt better if these things didn't have a level requirement on them? or maybe if they only dropped from some overly camped mob that a lowbie would have no chance of killing?

Smile My thoughts ...

You aren't paying for quality, you are paying for the designer brand name! Thus the high price and low quality.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

You want cheap glasses? Roll some Keelarr or Katara shades, like most lower level players do. Items are available to both low level players and high level ones, just like you can buy underwear worth 500k, you can also buy a cheap pair of panties from the clothes terminal. :p

Yes, I can understand that its annoying to you that all the new "cool" stuff in this patch is unavailable to you as a low level player, but you seriously can't expect to obtain ALL the good/fashionable stuff in the game at level 15.

Oh and incidentally, I'm looking for 2 ql10 concrete cushions, Ill swap you each for new fashionable shades or a hat. Send me a tell. ;)
    Last edited by Ailina; Dec 17th, 2002 at 14:51:24.
    Ailina: NT161 - Account Suspended
    Fashion Victim Extraordinaire

Red face

Sure, i have about 9 of those concrete cushions in my bank all of them ql 10.
    /look at my concrete cushions
    /look at my 127,000,000 mils
    /look at Ailina
    /sigh
    /give the concrete cushions to new players
    /walk away

You fail to to see the point of my post. You want it all at level 1? Aint gonna happen. There ARE items of interest to higher level players in the game. Not that you will not get filthy rich from them. Thats the LEAST thing the RK economy needs, newbs running around with bank accounts of nine digits.

You also completely ignore that there are low level alternatives to the new social items available to you. So, resuming, your whining is comparable to not being able to afford Red Laces when you are level 11.

But I guess it dont matter either way since you dont like the items anyway. :p
    Last edited by Ailina; Dec 18th, 2002 at 14:33:51.
    Ailina: NT161 - Account Suspended
    Fashion Victim Extraordinaire

Re: i agree with you mechgal.

Originally posted by svendor
    It's not crap and it doesn't interfere with the rest of the AO development. Do you really think the programmers make/design items? I doubt that. They're too busy patching their own code and what not.

Give Traders a Knockoff Tradeskill

So I'm driving home from work and every day I pass this road side stand of Oaklays (Knock offs of Oakleys). And I think to myself wouldn't it be cool If I could make knock offs of items that looks the same and feel the same but are lesser quality and half the price!!! I think it would add a bit to the profession; maybe even give us the nuance of a used car salesman.
    Knights of Ka
    Its not a Game its an Addiction

Kallen 83 Enforcer
    Kallette 48 Meta Physist
    Kallenfix 61 Fixer
    Kallentrel 70 Trader
    Kallen* Reserve for future GiMps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast