Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucien...

Lucien...

right now the dsa base is under heavy attack....i have time to write this cause i have 3 chars in a crash loop.

so do my guild mates.

clanners will take it down this time...we fought a hard and funny battle in the last days.
    and they would have taken it today anyway.
    there were just to many of them.

but 2 things just piss me off:

1st.: what you witnessed is simply not correct!

we tried to petition today because there were about 50 clanners at the controller and 3 !!!!! omni and cc was active.

but 65 pets infront is a joke,and its not possible to show you how messed up your system is.
    we all really would have shown it to you very gladly and objektive,but theres just no way.
    i hope you watched anyway.
    (if not ask ark "thingfish" what happend-he confirmed we lost the base due to a bug)

i can tell the numbers of omni exactly cause we all were logged in to the same bot.

so HOW the hell could this be.

sure clanners logged in at our base.....but thats a tactic which should be no problem.

pls take a look into that...no....just get it to work or GET IT OFF from this server and back on test.

i would prefer lag instead of this.

and 2nd:
    even more weird...

as we all were in a crash loop we logged some alts lvl 20-lvl 30 to watch the controller go down and take some sreenis for the "family album"..

we installed a warp service and so we could manage to get into the zone where we were able to take a look at counted 48 !!!!!!clanners that hit our controller.
    suddenly we were attacked from high lvl agent and high lvl ma.

i wont tell you the names casue i dont think they exploited.
    my alt is lvl 27 and got killed by a lvl 200 agent who of cause was very surprised it worked.i talked to him.

he was NOT in a team!!! he was totally alone...
    so pls EXPLAIN to me how this could happen.
    iam satisfied with every explaintation which sounds logical,but i doubt there is one.

it happend to me twice and also to some of my guild mates.

i hope you pay attention to your players and this thread and answer everything you are able to.

thx a lot

Agent Factotum
    foreign minister of the Dragon Security Agency

edit: i was in team with another low lvl of my guild "morphin"
    Last edited by Factotum; Dec 15th, 2002 at 23:36:01.

Question Dear FC, is CC a new weapon ?

Just to get this clear - is logging xyz chars in the same spot and logging them
    in at the same time to have the area overcrowded and
    prevent defender from comming in an "intended feature" ?
    Only want to make sure I can use it, too, without exploiting, since
    its a 100% safe way to take out *every* base QL.

Would be fun to wipe base after base without being in danger at all.
    Please let me know asap FC, can´t wait to use that new NW feature,
    rocks more than any other weapon I´ve ever seen !
    Hardestdrugs, Doctor, 220
    Tenderly, Enforcer, 215
    Adacta, Bureaucrat, 220
    Midshipman, Soldier, 216

A small, cute dog is called a doggy.
    A small, cute girl is called a girly.
    Now what do we call a small, cute Org ?

lmfao logging in and out of a cc zone to get around it gg

if thats possible im going to laugh
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Read before you answer Wal.
    Hardestdrugs, Doctor, 220
    Tenderly, Enforcer, 215
    Adacta, Bureaucrat, 220
    Midshipman, Soldier, 216

A small, cute dog is called a doggy.
    A small, cute girl is called a girly.
    Now what do we call a small, cute Org ?

I'll bring up the crowd limiting tomorrow in the morning meeting with leads from all teams.

Defenders are intended to have half the allocated crowd limiting spots to themselves, and moving other characters into the area should in no way prevent defenders from entering (up to the defender limit). If this is not working properly, and people are abusing it to stop defenders rom entering, that might be considered an exploit.

Also, I'd like to know whether the 200 Agent able to kill a level 27 character was in a team, and if so, with what level members. If somebody have any information on this, please let me know. It will not be used against anybody in any way.

{Edit: *cough* missed that "not" in the last sentence. Sorry. }
    Last edited by Cz; Dec 15th, 2002 at 22:57:02.

we discussed what could have happened and he said he wasnt in a team,cause i thought of that way to do it.

i cannnot tell you if he lies or not.

Thanks CZ, please *do* look into crowd control.

I'm usually a very calm person, but tonight I was so royally upset, that it was very hard to hold on to myself, but I managed, cuz I know that the poor ARK who answered my call isn't responsible for those bugs.

I wouldn't have minded if we lost the Base after a long battle and the Clans were stronger, I *DO* mind a lot loosing it to some bug and errors in the CC system.

Please fix it!!!!

Originally posted by Cz
    Also, I'd like to know whether the 200 Agent able to kill a level 27 character was in a team, and if so, with what level members. If somebody have any information on this, please let me know. It will not be used against anybody in any way.

{Edit: *cough* missed that "not" in the last sentence. Sorry. }
    I am the 200 agent that killed the lvl 27. First, I had no clue he was lvl 27 i was just tabbing and attacking any blue dots that were around. Second, when he messaged me asking me wtf i was doing attacking a lvl 27 I appologized and let him know I really didn't have a clue what lvl he was and that I was just tabbing and attacking. Thrid, I was not in a team. Fourth, from what I understand he was in a team but only with another lvl 20-30 char.

i was wondering why there were hardly any omni there throughout the whole thing......

anyways , yeah CC is not letting omni in (defenders in this case) but at the same time alot of us were warped to 100 x 100 which is beyond the zone border . We had to terminate to get out . Toward the end i kept getting warped everywhere (includeing right into the hands of omni waiting at zone boarder)

Feel free to come back and raid the spot , The clan guild Tradeskillz Ninjaed it from Synergy Factor...... which means I personaly wont go to help them defend that base.

Originally posted by Troey

I am the 200 agent that killed the lvl 27. First, I had no clue he was lvl 27 i was just tabbing and attacking any blue dots that were around. Second, when he messaged me asking me wtf i was doing attacking a lvl 27 I appologized and let him know I really didn't have a clue what lvl he was and that I was just tabbing and attacking. Thrid, I was not in a team. Fourth, from what I understand he was in a team but only with another lvl 20-30 char.
    the 2nd one was mine twink lvl 27 trades who got killed by lvl 167 char.

@Troey:

i hope this issue doesnt disturbe our relationship.
    i really respect you as player and i want to point out that i really belive you didnt do anything wrong!!!!

cya

of couse if "sizematters" grows up he will,take revenge

and i doubt you will have an answer to a eqb...

Originally posted by Factotum
    @Troey:

i hope this issue doesnt disturbe our relationship.
    i really respect you as player and i want to point out that i really belive you didnt do anything wrong!!!!

cya

of couse if "sizematters" grows up he will,take revenge

and i doubt you will have an answer to a eqb...
    I look forward to it. Its fun to be able to PvP with people that dont take it too heart when they win/lose. Hehe that was the funniest message ever you gave me after my lvl 200 killed the lvl 27, "oh come on man you gotta be kiddin me". Hehe. Once again, sorry man i had no clue what your lvl was.

I myself got stuck in crashloop and had to get ark to move me to tir.
    I am attacker. And not only me about 4 other guildes stuck in crashloop there too.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Factotum, are you saying that clanners logged on around your Control Tower then began the attack to kick in CC? If so I can't see how that happened today.

I was at the raid before it began. I was with the first team that ran into your base from the south and sarted the attack. When I flew over the CT there where a few omnis but no clan there.

The initial attack party consisted of 2 or 3 teams max which quickly grew as the raid progressed. Initially there was little Omni opposition and I'm not sure what prevented Omni from zoning in.

Clan started by destroying the southern most controlers, then moved to the south-east, then around to the north-east and finally westward and down to the CT. For at least 1 1/2 hours as we destroyed the surrounding towers there where no clanners around the CT, so I'm not sure why you couldn't zone in. It doesn't appear to be a CC issue because I didn't get any CC messages until late in the raid.

Also, Omni's did show up, but they hugged the 75% zone to the north for most of the raid. The clanners that couldn't enter the CC area did a good job of keeping you occupied. Granted though your numbers where small.

From my experience over the last few days CC is definately not working. There is no way that it is distributing players from both factions into CC area. Either one side or the other dominates the CC area, the other just can't get in. That's been my experience and appears to be what happened again today as Omni spent most of their time on the fringes of the base. Those that some how managed to get in, probably wished they hadn't

From what I remember from Beta forums, CC was to prevent LD's

Regarding crowd control:

When we had about 30-40 clanners attacking the Controller near the end of the raid, I sat there watching 5 Docs healing the person aggro'd by the controller.

Then I saw one of them on chat say "got warped."

Few minutes later, another Doc got CC warped.

Then it was just myself and 2 Docs.. What happened then? They got warped too, one by one. Those who got warped often ended up it crash loops (I myself was stuck in 3 during the battle).

Then finally, once a few of the Docs made their way back into the CC area, I got warped away too.

So what I don't understand is how I can be standing in one place for over 45 minutes and get randomly warped away. I didn't take a step in any direction what-so-ever, so the server couldn't assume I was moving into a crowded area (heh). Does this mean that 5 clanners can enter an already crowded area and end up warping other people who are already there away to the "safe spots?" Maybe we just had bad luck, but I think every single Doctor got warped from the Controller at least once. That makes for some very hairy situations.

CC works from a list. Those that do damage to towers is put on the bottom of that list. Obvious, the docs healing is not doing any damage to the towers and will end up to the top of the list. Docs will besides watchers and spies be the first warpers.

No, and we probably both remember it reported in Beta.

Buffs and heals on anyone in that "****list" (damage list) should be counted as damage done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast