Thread: Further tales, et cetera.

Further tales, et cetera.

Current bugs:
    (these are anything that has cropped up with a new patch - currently 13.61 - aside from the known issues)

> When in a Yalmaha (no one seems to have anything else, so don't know about Kodiaks, et cetera) and you zone, it remains equipped, but you turn back into your character; i.e. are no longer flying. You have to de- and re-equip it for things to work again.

> And as an aside, I'd earlier reported enemy special attacks work; this is a dirty, dirty lie I should be killed for, certainly. It was apparently a fluke, because it hasn't happened again. Sorry. =p

> edit: Forgot this earlier. When you log in, you walk, even if you logged out in run-mode. This is a minor, niggling thing, but annoying anyway.

> also edit: You can trade with any mobile. Double-click on an enemy, or your pet, for instance, and it'll bring up the trade window. You can even give things to them (items or credits); they auto-accept.

> Profession NPCs (assassins, attaches, and the like) will attack you if you're the opposite side of them in cities (I mangled that sentence, it should read: amnesty gone, people shoot at you ;). The bug-part of this is that neutrals are also attacked by these; the -further- bug-part is that if you're in combat with one of these NPCs, and a guard spots you, they aggro on you. If you're neutral, and this isn't fixed soon, I suggest you stay out of clan and Omni cities.

New things:

* Inventory gremlins should be near-totally squashed. I'd swear that they jumped around in one of my backpacks a little, but can't be totally sure about that.

* The new backpacks are in. In addition to having seperate names ("Cold Front", "Weapons", and so on; there are quite a few), they each also have a little coloured icon in the bottom-left corner, corresponding to the name: the "Weapons" bag has a picture of a gun, the Medical bag has the standard cross, et cetera. And the little icons are all different, bright colours, so. ;p

* It appears the amnesty is TOAST. Side cities are at most 75% (Newland and Borealis supposedly at 100%, have to confirm) suppression; if you're the opposite side of a guard you run across, expect to be shot mercilessly.

--A side note: if you're neutral, beware of the random profession NPCs! My neutral decided to wander into Athen for a mission, and was shot at by a Fresh Clan Assassin; she should be able to grid to Omni territory sometime today, so I'll check there. My theory is that, in the past, they would've attacked you anyway; with the gas at 75%, now they can. (SEE: bugs)

* The level range for Camelot Castle that we've been told is 100-120 (or 100+, depending). No other details are known; it's still be tweaked and is not yet in.

* Carbon-rich rocks are in-in, not just rarely dropping. Currently, you can find them all over the ground in 4 Holes; they're easy to spot, and have a very fast respawn rate. This won't be EQ where you're competing with a hundred different people for one little green leaf on green ground. The quality levels also vary; I think the lowest we've seen is QL 30 at the moment, highest somewhere over 120. (update: I actually got a QL 1 dropped off a mob in a mission! just thought I'd mention that ;)

* The /help system has been cleaned up. /help anything will now put the text up in a pop-up window (as when you shift-left click something), instead of being very scrambled in the main chat window.

* You'll be able to decide what font you want the game to use; this is sort of a side effect of the Japanese language ability going in. You can also edit a config file in the AO directory to determine what colour you want the different text messages (damage, experience, and so on).

* Nano Pool computes correctly. Yes! That's right! Now when you add points to Intelligence or Psychic or Sense, and your NP ability goes up, your points do too. Excellent news for.. well, everybody.

* Books of Knowledge -sorta- work. If you stick your special attacks in them, and then have the container window open (so that you can see the attacks there) you can use the attacks from your quickbar. Maybe this will get all-the-way fixed, we'll have to see.

The other thread was surprisingly mired, so I thought I'd give it another go with this one. Will just edit this first post as needed.
    Last edited by LRRH; Jan 24th, 2002 at 04:02:22.

Neutral KOS

As long as the GUARDS don't KOS the Neutrals, I guess I can live with this stupid situation.

In all reality a trading Mecca such as O-Trade should be off-limits to only Clan.

I thinks something as simple as this should be implemented:

100% Zone = No Fighting
    75% Zone = All Clan NPC's KOS Omni, All Omni NPC's KOS Clan
    25% Zone = All Clan NPC's KOS all Non-Clan, All Omni NPC's KOS Non-Omni

Neutrals should be non-welcome in Faction-sensitive zones such as Avalon or Omni-HQ. NOT in intergalactic trade zones or areas of professed independence such as Athen or Tir.

Sensitive areas should be 25%. Outposts, mines, laboratories, factories, and the like should All be made 25% zones much like Omni-HQ. What is that Omni Bureacrat trying to protect in the Trade Zone from my poor Neutral character? The Miiir fashions I can't buy anyway? Send him to 4-Holes where he can be of some use keeping me away from sensitive information and that nice swimming pool.

Finally, as a Neutral, I welcome EVERYONE into Newland, 20K, Last Ditch, and Borealis. Stay and enjoy yourself. Just don't go killing my guards. I know for sure the first thing any self-respecting Neutral scientist would be working on. That's boosting the efficiency of our few Suppression Gas generators.

Either that, or we need some really mean-butt turrets, set high up, to take out the trouble-makers. ;)
    Obligatory character links:
    -------------------------
    Cyrboc, Jobian cyborg on lease to OmniPol (R-K 1)
    Evely, aqua knight! (R-K 2)

Thumbs up Thanks

Good work for keeping us non testers updated LRRH, much appreciated.

Bunches of edits and additions since first post.

Thumbs up

I can't get on test soi'm very thankful to you for telling this to us.
    Great work!
    High lvl content is the key to fix the game. Add new hunting grounds, make some viable loot and money-dumps for higher lvls.

Nano-Pool

Thanks for the info. Just one question on the nano-pool fix....will we see an increase relative to the amount we have already put in? i.e. When I log in on patch day will my pool have increased automatically, or is it only affected by the points we put in from now on? If so I feel a reroll coming on....again!

Thanks

Thanks for the test server updates LRRH. Like many others since the 13.0 patch I can't login to my test server account.
    Marquis "Clearspirit" Pillot
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Lorriane "Arosabir" Cratty
    Wanna-be merchant @ Harry's Outpost!

"I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night..."